Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering (24146 Views)

Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. / Why Waste 4 Years On Computer Science In University? / Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering, Which Of Dis Earn Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering by Israelie(m): 11:09am On Jun 26, 2012
tnxs guys i appreciate all ur post.
I tink i wil go 4Computer Engineering, cos i hv basic skills on both field.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering by dansmog(m): 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2012
STUDYING EITHER COMPUTER SCIENCE OR COMPUTER ENGINEERING IN OUR NIGERIAN SCHOOL, YOU WILL STILL NEED TO GET SOME DIPLOMA OR CERTIFICATE IN YOUR FIELD OF STUDY.

A COMPUTER SCIENTIST KNOWS ABOUT SOFTWARE CREATION (MAIN AREA) AND HAVE A FEW BUT SOME HOW IN DEPTH IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING,WITH THEIR OTHER BLAH BLAH BLAH. WHILE A COMPUTER ENGINEER KNOWS ABOUT COMPUTER ELECTRONICS CIRCUIT, ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, ROBOTICS, INTEGRATED CIRCUIT MODULATING AND ALSO PROGRAMMING STUFF BASED ON COMMUNICATIONS OF COMPUTERS AND INTEGRATED CIRCUIT PROGRAMMING....

A FEW GIST OF HOW TO BE A GOOD COMPUTER ENGINEER.
1. UNDERSTAND BASIC ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS
2. DESIGNS AND ARCHITECTURE.
3. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE.
4. PROGRAMMING ( C AND C++ )
5. ROBOTICS
6. INTERFACING YOUR PROGRAM OR CODES WITH YOUR HARDWARE...
MUST OF WHICH YOU HAVE TO DO ON YOUR OWN TO BE VERY VERY GOOD AT....

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering by ocheejemb: 9:43pm On Jun 26, 2012
Oh yeah and no one should compare anybody in Computer Village to an Engineer, those guys are basically technicians at best...its like comparing an electrical engineer to an electrician that lays cable and fixes sockets. If you want a career fixing mobile phones and coupling computers then hell yea go for Computer Village whatever.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering by Alexgreat2: 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2012
both programming and web designing fall under computer science
Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering by Ugokings4luv(m): 10:37pm On Aug 01, 2013
Ok
Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering by CHIMSKY(m): 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
olaezebala:

Cause the only thing you can do as a Computer Engr in 9ja is replacement. Are they expected to build a motherboard or DVD rom e.t.c? They only need to know how to troubleshoot and find the faulty part of the system and go to computer village, buy the part and replace. Simple.
For all those running down University Degrees in Computer Science / Engineering.Those who claim u can learn all u need to know under the bridge at Ikeja need to know that the guys who founded Google,Larry Page and Sergey Brin,were both PhD in Computer Science Candidates.University never hurts you.It opens your eyes to opportunities o!

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering by Ruuchiinaa: 10:43pm On Jun 29, 2014
nwanna89: Don't be misguided. I did my bachelors in Computer science and I am about finishing my masters in computer engineering. Computer science is more mathematics inclined. You learn a lot of algorithms and how mathematics is applied to the functions of a computer, including software. You learn the fundamentals of every area of computing. Networking, programming, web design. But nothing very in-depth. As for computer engineering, you have the choice to go into software, hardware or security. Your choice will determine what you learn. That was my experience anyway. Might be different in other schools.
Pls, is it really possible in Nigerian schools to offer masters in Comp. Engr despite U graduating with B.sc Computer Science? I finished with HND Comp. Engr., I intend going into B.sc in Comp. Sc or Elect/Elect, what do U advice i do?
Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 29, 2014
Ruuchiinaa: Pls, is it really possible in Nigerian schools to offer masters in Comp. Engr despite U graduating with B.sc Computer Science? I finished with HND Comp. Engr., I intend going into B.sc in Comp. Sc or Elect/Elect, what do U advice i do?

I didnt do my masters in naija...but from what I know...nigerian unis offer masters in comp engineering. What I dont know is if you can get into an msc program with an hnd. You might need to consult directly with the school you want to apply to
Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering by fattbabakay(m): 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2014
miteolu: Most of the universities in Nigeria can never give you the best in computer engineering. [s]It is better to learn computer engineering @ Computer village, Ikeja or computer engineering centers than wasting 4-5 years in higher institution[/s].
Plenty theories in university.
Graduate computer engineer that can not couple ordinary Pentium 4 PC. Only what they know is REPLACEMENT
How do u knw?? Are u 1?? *throws post into dustbin*
Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering by fattbabakay(m): 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2014
miteolu:

Is always funny when I heard that a student spends 5 years @ the university to learn computer engineering. After a whole show no practical knowledge.
nd how is dat funny??

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering by Israelie(m): 3:20am On Dec 13, 2014
Currently m studying Computer Science @Auchi, is the best course in the world to me.
Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering by Abdulhakeem1(m): 9:51am On Mar 24, 2015
Which University Is ßest in Teaching Comp. Sc Courses.
Re: Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering by Pins(m): 4:04pm On Mar 26, 2015
Ojobojo1:
A computer scientist does research and makes programs while an engineer builds hardware that will run those programs,also a computer engineer has more swag because comp engineering is like computer science + electrical/electronics engineering.
Computer engineering is in no way like computer science it is fully hardware based but computer science is a combination of both hardware and software but based majorly in software but bro if u are after just getting a job go for co puter engineering cos nigeria is not ready yet for programmer or scientists only repairers and networkers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners / Why Most Beginners Quit Programming / Sam Altman Visits Nigeria On AI Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.