Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,914 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. (9243 Views)

Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace / GEJ Vows To End Boko Haram Menace During A Visit To Germany / Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by Kobojunkie: 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2012
Reference:

Okay I give up. But can you give 1 (one). Just one practical suggestion on what should be done that isn't at the moment to tackle this problem. Be practical. Just one.

Just 1? Oh, that is easy and I will give you a COMMON SENSE suggestion too. . . Maybe for the first time in the history of this nation, rather than waste money on buying new 'school' uniforms for policemen, building housing for policemen, and other useless things, we spend that money on training, restructuring, re-educating, equipping, improving/developing our police force, so they can not only effectively fight crime but also effectively handle security in this country. We spend more of our time putting in place facilities to ensure our policemen are held more accountable, are monitored, psychologically ready, and equipped to carry out their duties as law enforcement personnel in this nation.

Does anyone realize how many 100's of billions of dollars we have lost to the many security/419 schemes of the past 10 years? Is this really too much for the Executive, with all the CONTROL and POWER we have given it, to accomplish?

If about 1/20th of the money allocated to that, in the last 2 years, had actually gone to working on the police force, there would be noticeable difference in the way our policemen operate, across a good portion of the country.

Now let the excuses start rolling in

1 Like

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by derolemode(m): 11:00pm On Jun 25, 2012
[color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]boko haram, if they are really foreigners as pronounced by the Gov't then it is and was the fault of th gov't
Can anybody remember Niger people that mix up with hausa's then to sow shoes?
Definitely YES
If so the customs were not doing there job because till date we have lots of foreign refugees in our country today
So customs please step UP!![b]boko haram, if they are really foreigners as pronounced by the Gov't then it is and was the fault of th gov't
Definitely YES
If so the customs were not doing there job because till date we have lots of foreign refugees in our country today
So customs please step UP!![/b]boko haram, if they are really foreigners as pronounced by the Gov't then it is and was the fault of th gov't
Definitely YES
So customs please step UP!!
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by item1: 11:08pm On Jun 25, 2012
iN nIGERIA TODAY SOOO MANY PEOPPPPLE ARE AGGGREIEVED BECAUSE OF THE HIGH LEVEL OF CORRUPTION IN THE CORRIDORS OF POWER. PEOPLE TAKE SOOOO MUCH MONEY FROM THE PUBLIC FUND AND NOTHING IS DONE ABOUT IT. INSTEAD THE POLICE GUIDES AND PROTECTS THIER HOMES. SOO MANY HAVE LOST HOPE IN THIS PROJECT CALLED NIGERIA AND ARE READY TO DO ANY NONSENSE TO IT. LET THE CLEANSING START FROM THE TOP - KILL THOSE WHO HAVE COMMITTED CRIME IMPRISON THOSE WNO HAVE STOLEN FROM US AND THERE'LL BE SOMETHING FOR THE COMMON MAN. THE MONEY THAT THESE PEOPLE STEAL IS ENOUGH TO CHANGE THE LIVES OF SOOOOO MANY.

JUST LOOK AT OUR ROADS, NO ELECTRICITY NO HOSPITALS, NO SCHOOLS, UNIVERITIES ARE FOR THE RICH ONLY. IN FACT NIGERIA IS FINISHED. MANY OF THE LEADES OF TODAY ARE FROM POOR HOMES BUT THEY ENJOYED FREE EDUCATION AND MEDICAL CARE SET UP BY THOSE IN LEADERSHIP THEN. BUT TODAY THE SAME PEOPLE PAY US BACK BY STEALING THAT WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN USED TO SEND OTHERS TO SCHOOL

HOWEVER THIS CLEANSING IS GOING TO BE DONE I DON'T KNOW. BUT I KNOW THATS THE ONLY WAY TO RESTORE THE HOPE OF NIGERIANS. ITS UNFORTUNATE SOME PEOPLE IN THE NORTH HAVE CHOOSEN TO MAKE THIER STATEMENT THIS WAY BUT I BELIEVE THAT IF SANITY IS RESTORED IN THIS PROJECT SOOOOO MANY PEOPLE WILL CHANGE THEIR THINKING AND ACTIONS.
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by 401kk: 11:53pm On Jun 25, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Just 1? Oh, that is easy and I will give you a COMMON SENSE suggestion too. . . Maybe for the first time in the history of this nation, rather than waste money on buying new 'school' uniforms for policemen, building housing for policemen, and other useless things, we spend that money on training, restructuring, re-educating, equipping, improving/developing our police force, so they can not only effectively fight crime but also effectively handle security in this country. We spend more of our time putting in place facilities to ensure our policemen are held more accountable, are monitored, psychologically ready, and equipped to carry out their duties as law enforcement personnel in this nation.

Does anyone realize how many 100's of billions of dollars we have lost to the many security/419 schemes of the past 10 years? Is this really too much for the Executive, with all the CONTROL and POWER we have given it, to accomplish?

If about 1/20th of the money allocated to that, in the last 2 years, had actually gone to working on the police force, there would be noticeable difference in the way our policemen operate, across a good portion of the country.

Now let the excuses start rolling in

And who told you its not being done?
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by Kobojunkie: 12:02am On Jun 26, 2012
401kk:

Yes it is being done, for the past 10 years even, and that is why the Police in anywhere Nigeria is a good example of what police should be. sad sad sad Thanks for correcting me!

1 Like

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by KayDee4: 12:17am On Jun 26, 2012
401kk:

Is it ? ? shocked shocked , and we still hear stories about illiterate and unskilled boko haramites out-gunning policemen in police stations and setting prisoners free. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by oddy4real(m): 7:47am On Jun 26, 2012
Boboribo: What we are saying is that even if GEJ has credible Intel that the likes of IBB, Buhari, Atiku and co are behind BH, he doesn't come across as someone man enough to take them on.
If he arrests them, then the Nation would boil hoter. SNG would converge at Ojota accusing the President of 'hounding the opposition', AC-HEN's public secretary Mr LIE Mohammed would start his rantings in the papers again, El-rufai would continue his infantile tweets on twitter and deluded Nigerians would keep retweeting falsehood and worst of it? Christians would be massacred in the North
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by 401kk: 8:39am On Jun 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Yes it is being done, for the past 10 years even, and that is why the Police in anywhere Nigeria is a good example of what police should be. sad sad sad Thanks for correcting me!

So Jonathan should be blamed for whatever went wrong in the past 10 years?
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by TheMatrix3: 8:45am On Jun 26, 2012
Billyonaire: 1. Formation of State Police
2. Sacking of any governor that there is terrorist attack in his state 3 times in a year and installment of military administrator to take over the state for 1 yr then conduct new election for new governor aftwards.
3. Banning of importation of explosives into the country
4. Introduction of firing squad for BH members caught.
5. Closure of borders between Nigeria and Chad/Niger
6. Issuance of approval licenses before construction of places of worship
7. Monitoring of sermons/preaching in Churches and mosques to avoid radicalization.

Nominee for dumbest post on this thread... ishi aki shocked
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by Godmann(m): 8:47am On Jun 26, 2012
Personally, I believe no one has suggested a way out of the Boko Haram menace. I pray you guys can go through my suggestions offer intelligent criticisms.

1, I strongly continue to believe that the sponsors of Boko Haram played a major role in the emergence of GEJ as the President of this country.

2, GEJ himself cannot be part of the game. He has been programmed as they usually do to dull African leaders. This in the first place is why Africa is backward.

3, As such GEJ lack the capacity to see through the complex web around him. Most players of the Boko Haram are just but programmed by greater forces that wants to continue to shape and reshape Africa for their own goal.

4, Between, M16, CIA, MOSSAD and may be some few NATO security forces lies the real sponsors of BOKO HARAM. GEJ emergence as the President of this nation, would have been effectively stopped by the Northern forces minus the support of these people. America in particular played a strong discrete role; their private assurance gave a fearful GEJ the backbone to contest the last election.

5, I believe BOKO HARAM is part of a game to weaken Nigeria and see how it can be broken up.

6, If GEJ wants to successfully fight BOKO HARAM, he must investigate the role of those western forces. He must monitor strictly how the multinationals move funds. I suspect they channel their funds to sponsor BOKO HARAM through their contracts awards; making it difficult for government agents to monitor. They use these avenue to sponsor their favoured candidates in elections. That was how they control third world countries.

7, GEJ must develop the capacity to discover foreign intelligence agents and informants that are every where in the head of our security agencies, our government parastals, including among GEJ executive council. I know a lot of you guys will never imagine things. But if you care, you can take a clue from the revelations from Wikileaks about Shells activities in our governments. Shell only confirmed what I have always known.

8, Once GEJ removes the anti-elements in his government; puts dedicated and capable personnel in charge of the security agencies, Boko Haram will be a thing of the past.

But as I said GEJ lack the mental ability to comprehend, appreciate or even believe what I have enumerated. Also he, as well as his inner circle are so much engulfed in tribal politics and Nigerians convoluted past that is full of lies and make-believes to come even give a thought to this. It is easier to believe that BOKO HARAM starts and ends with an attempt to discredit his government. As is usual with all incompetent persons, they would rather believe excuses than intelligence. They also will always believe supposed friends that accept real criticisms and advice.

Secondly, I strongly suspect GEJ in his corrupt ways may also not be willingly to do all that is needed to stop BOKO HARAM. Can he appoint capable persons that may not be overtly loyal to him to work with him? He will not. That is a major problem in this country. We prefer blind loyalty to capability. Remember GEJ who I believe is totally unworthy of that office emerged as this manipulations.

In summary, Boko Haram will continue to throw bombs until its westerfn sponsors ran out of patience. I suspect they will because Nigerians in our dormant nature has continued to fail them in quickly taking to arms to fight ourselves in a religious war that will break up the country. I see that to be the major goal of BOKO HARAM sponsors.
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Jun 26, 2012
401kk:

So Jonathan should be blamed for whatever went wrong in the past 10 years?
Yes, because Jonathan has been president for the past 10 years . . . you are again correct.
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by brabus(m): 11:59am On Jun 27, 2012
401kk: I also asked this question a while ago but nobody responded.
You see, our lack of proper education has been a huge stumbling block to our collective development. Nigerians talk and argue loosely, without getting a basic understanding of what they're arguing about. Most people who criticize the president for not being able to curtail the BH crisis don't know
1. What the BH sect is
2. Their demands and objectives
3. The scope of their operation
4. Apparatus and strategies being put forward by the authorities to stop them.
5. Why it's been a difficult task for the authorities to stop so far
etc

These bunch of misplaced Nigerians would rather throw the blames at the president forgetting that
1. The BH insurgency and other insecurity issues did not start during his tenure.
2. Nigeria has been very disorganized before he became president
3. We have no proper intelligence gathering unit in place
4. The NPF is filled with lazy, unintelligent, dispassionate and corrupt nigerians
5. No proper citizen recognition system or database in place
6. Our borders have been porous before he became president
7. He is not to blame for the high level of poverty, illiteracy and religious stupidity in the north
8. He is not to blame for the presence of mules in the security forces
9. He's trying his best to eradicate the menace

If you want to criticize the president, do it well.

Don't quote me please. I'm out

Are these suggestions to the president on how to tackle Boko Haram or suggestions to the Critics on how to tackle the President?

Just asking!
Re: Workable Suggestions To GEJ On How To End The Boko Haram Menace. by THEPOLY11: 12:36am On Jan 27, 2013
First , Boko Haram is just an excuse for FGN to go away with NIGERIAN money, read this carefully.....

From 1999-2004, the major excuse for politicians is we just came to power after longterm military rule.

From 2004-2008, is all about gsm and and uniting Nigeria and all these Militant Wahala.

Now, the excuse for this present Government will be boko haram did not allow us to our work.

I think the only solution to Nigeria problem is to stop corruption , there is no way you will have corruption without violence and soon this may turn to something else that i don't wish it happen to Nigeria.

Give us a good electricity and boko haram will stop, at least they will have something to watch tv and see for themselve that there are lot of better things to do in life than to waste your life for anybody .

Those who are behind boko haram are corrupt , stop their corruption and see if there will be any money available to finance any violence , am sure they will run out of resources.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu New Naked Pictures Surfaces Online PHOTOS / Primate Babatunde Elijah Ayodele's 2009 Predictions For Nigeria / Osinbajo, Ugwuanyi, Anglican Primate Felicitate With Catholic Bishops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.