Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:01 PM

Jonathan Is A Weak President, He Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is A Weak President, He Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi (1552 Views)

EFCC To Quiz Olisa Metuh Over N1.4billion Balance In Account / 'better An Ex-dictator Than A Weak President'- UK Telegraph / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is A Weak President, He Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi by Pukkah: 12:50pm On Jun 23, 2012
http://elombah.com/index.php/latest-news/11620-jonathan-is-a-weak-president-azazi

Former National Security Adviser, NSA, has reacted to his sacking yesterday by President Goodluck Jonathan with shock and disbelief, and called Jonathan a soft president. He however expressed hope that the action would bring an end to the serious security challenges facing the country. In a statement through his Media spokesman Mike Awe, Azazi said Jonathan failed to heed his counsel on how to confront Boko haram. President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday sacked the National Security Adviser, NSA, General Andrew Owoeye Azazi and the Minister of Defence, Haliru Bello.

He named Col. Sambo Dasuki, rtd, as the new NSA. Dasuki was former Aid- de-Cmap, ADC, to General Ibrahim Babangida. But reacting to the sacking, Media spokesman to Azazi, Mike Awe, said: "The government appointed him and has asked him to go. The President is under political pressure and not everything is classified and made public.

When NSA asked that Buhari be invited for questioning, Jonathan kicked against it. When he suggested that
some people be brought in and questioned, he kicked against it saying it is a ploy to scatter his government. So,
really, it’s all about the president’s softness (weakness) but he appointed him and he has removed him." Earlier yesterday, heads of security agencies led by the former NSA, General Azazi had briefed President
Jonathan on his arrival from Brazil on the security situation in the country while he was away for a meeting of the
United Nations Summit on Sustainable Development. The meeting which held behind closed doors was meant to bring the President up to date with the security
situation in the country.

Responding to reporters’ questions at the end of the meeting, Police Affairs Minister, Caleb Olubolade, said: “He
(President) didn’t feel too happy about the loss of lives and he feels that we need to do something proactively to
stop it at all cost.” On what prompted the emergency meeting, the minister said it was not unusual, adding:” It’s the usual security meeting with the C-In-C (Commander In Chief), to look at things in a comprehensive manner and see how the security agencies are fairing. It was a useful discussion. “Certain areas where we have problems, how to tackle them, how the security agencies can be more effective,
the role the populace have to play in assisting the war against terror.”

On additional measures contemplated, Olubolade said: “Yes, the measures we have been taking before now, we
have to re-appraise and look at how the populace can be carried along to get more information so that peace can
return to the land. We do not really have to kill Nigerians to sustain peace. C-in-C believes that we need to talk,
we need to ensure that we do what is right to ensure that we calm down the nerves and these incessant bombings
are minimised. It is a source of worry to all.” Gen. Azazi simply said: ”The situation is under control.” Those present at the meeting included Vice President Namadi Sambo and the Minister of Defence, Haliru Bello. Other security chiefs present at the meeting included the Chief of Defence Staff, CDS, Air Chief Marshal Oluseyi
Petinrin; Chief of Army Staff, CAOS, General Onyeabo Azubuike Ihejirika; Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal
Mohammed Umar and the Acting Inspector General of Police, IGP, Mohammed Dikko Abubakar.
Re: Jonathan Is A Weak President, He Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi by sadyeek(m): 12:58pm On Jun 23, 2012
This topic has already been opened!
Re: Jonathan Is A Weak President, He Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi by doctokwus: 1:27pm On Jun 23, 2012
If weakness were his only handicap,I wud av hope;but its clear dis issue of weakness is just a cover for gross incompetence.
Re: Jonathan Is A Weak President, He Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi by Kobojunkie: 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2012
When NSA asked that Buhari be invited for questioning, Jonathan kicked against it. When he suggested that some people be brought in and questioned, he kicked against it saying it is a ploy to scatter his government.
A ploy to scatter his government from the inside? Or by those to be questioned?

So, really, it’s all about the president’s softness (weakness) but he appointed him and he has removed him.
Seems more like paranoia, not weakness!

" Earlier yesterday, heads of security agencies led by the former NSA, General Azazi had briefed President Jonathan on his arrival from Brazil on the security situation in the country while he was away for a meeting of the United Nations Summit on Sustainable Development. The meeting which held behind closed doors was meant to bring the President up to date with the security situation in the country.
What is interesting is it seems this decision to fire the two men was made only yesterday. It would have been great to know the WHY of the firings at least.
Re: Jonathan Is A Weak President, He Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi by Beaf: 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2012
It is easy to see why Azazi was sacked. No NSA is loose tongued like an easy lay.
God alone knows how many secrets he bled and to who while in govt.
Re: Jonathan Is A Weak President, He Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Jun 23, 2012
Responding to reporters’ questions at the end of the meeting, Police Affairs Minister, Caleb Olubolade, said: “He(President) didn’t feel too happy about the loss of lives and he feels that we need to do something proactively to stop it at all cost.” On what prompted the emergency meeting, the minister said it was not unusual, adding:” It’s the usual security meeting with the C-In-C(Commander In Chief), to look at things in a comprehensive manner and see how the security agencies are fairing. It was a useful discussion. “Certain areas where we have problems, how to tackle them, how the security agencies can be more effective, the role the populace have to play in assisting the war against terror.

What a funny statement!

Exactly what role is the populace to play in assisting the war against 'terror'? lol . . . and please none of that silly-brained "People who are already scared shit since the bad guys are winning, are expected to come forward to tell us about them" nonsense.
Re: Jonathan Is A Weak President, He Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi by Kobojunkie: 3:02pm On Jun 23, 2012
On additional measures contemplated, Olubolade said: “Yes, the measures we have been taking before now, we have to re-appraise and look at how the populace can be carried along to get more information so that peace can return to the land. We do not really have to kill Nigerians to sustain peace. C-in-C believes that we need to talk, we need to ensure that we do what is right to ensure that we calm down the nerves and these incessant bombings are minimised. It is a source of worry to all.” [b]Gen. Azazi simply said: ”The situation is under control.” [/b]Those present at the meeting included Vice President Namadi Sambo and the Minister of Defence, Haliru Bello.
Interesting . . . so was he fired for saying the situation is under control? Or was there more to this? It would really be great to know why he, and the minister were fired after the meetings, it seems.
Re: Jonathan Is A Weak President, He Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi by OAM4J: 3:46pm On Jun 23, 2012

(1)

Military Head Of State Gen. Buhari's Maiden Speech 1st Jan. 1984 / Why Kenya's New President Will Be A Dictator! / N255m Car Deal: My Story, By Stella Oduah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.