Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

The Nairaland Forum – Official Review - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Nairaland Forum – Official Review (1675 Views)

Grudge To Bear: Who Do You Feel Like Slapping On The Nairaland Forum / Seun - Seun Osewa, Nairaland Forum Website Administrator / Nairaland Forum Rules and Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nairaland Forum – Official Review by vowiski(m): 1:12pm On Jun 23, 2012
The Nairaland forum is an online information portal created in 2005, with the sole aim of allowing users engage themselves in discussion of various diversity. Over the years a lot of things have changed, from the redundant SMF 1.0 script that gracious piloted the forum to a new and sleek design unveiled in the early weeks of 2012. Nairaland was founded by Seun Osewa who happens to be one of Nigerias finest programmers, he singly ran the forum until it got to a point when the work-load became excessive and opted to use Moderators in ensuring that the forum is kept clean and despite loosing it web traffic crown to Vanguard Nigeria, the Nairaland forum still boast of nearly a million registered members with enormous traffic.

Design
The Nairaland forum has a sleek design and very easy to use navigation. Upon loading the site, you are greeted with text menus that should easily take you to any desired point of discussion. No matter how niche it may be, Nairaland is there to keep you busy. One major highlight to the new Nairaland is the way it is rendered on mobile devices. Previously, accessing The Nairaland form a mobile device was a no brainier, but the guys at the top of the site have done everything to optimize it for mobile view, so even an average Nigerian who can’t have access to the PC can effectively read and engage himself in any discussion available at the forum or even still, create one.

Section/Boards/Moderator

Nairaland hompage. Photo: on screen capture.
The Nairaland forum is no doubt the biggest Nigerian forum available to Nigerians, the boards and sections were carefully crafted and have helped a lot of people in getting information or navigation through a hurdle in life. I could still remember how I always hit the politics section of the site once my browser opens, I actually did set browsers homepage t pop up Nairaland and once it did, Politics and Romance were automatic hits which for me also had the highest number of traffic. The topics were always mind blowing. Even up till now, they are still eye-catching. The politics section was incredible; it just gives you an exclusive in-depth of the typical Nigeria political setting. The Nairaland forums give voices to the common man, not entirely intelligent but some are great to read. I can still remember the likes of Beaf, kobojunkie (hope I got the spelling right) and the moderator – Kosovo; these guys and a lot of others had a lot of intelligent words to spit-out. Tribalism and ethnicity almost eat up the forum and one of the most arrogant aspect of the forum I disliked was when the Admin created a section for Tribalism, that was a bad omen because I thought the Nairaland forum should promote peace and not division (even if it is not her duty to do so) The Romance section has healed a lot of relationship and have equally broken numerous marriages. The bottom-line is that no matter your problem, a lot of people are there to give you professional advice and lousy ones in the like, it is now left for you to choose whom advice to go with.

Click Here for complete review and review score!

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Forum – Official Review by angelina08(f): 7:51am On May 19, 2022
The Nairaland forum https://www.yohaig.ng/category/nigeria-news/forums/nairaland/ is a great online information portal that allows users to engage in discussion of various topics. The new design is sleek and easy to use, and the mobile view is optimized for easy reading. The forums are well organized and provide a wealth of information on many topics. For example, the politics section is incredibly informative, looking at the Nigerian political landscape. The romance section is also helpful, offering advice and guidance on relationships. Overall, the Nairaland forum is an excellent resource for information and discussion.

(1) (Reply)

How True Is Dis / A Building Collapsed At Challenge Bus Stop Mushin Lagos / VERY GRAPHIC: Watch How Civilian JTF Torture Alleged Boko Haram Members In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.