Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. (29854 Views)

B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G!! Why Buhari Wont Probe IBB, Abacha, Obasanjo, Only Jonathan. / Picture Of Babagida And Obasanjo Playing Draught As Danjuma,Abacha,Others Watch / Hausa People are to BLAME For Nigeria's Woes - IBB, Abacha, Danjuma, Atiku,Turai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 24, 2012
A A Adam: Who is that Danjuma?

The man who saved obj's life during buka suka dimka's coup. He had the chance of becoming the head of state then, but he's eyes were fixed on oil blocs.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by thaira(f): 12:13pm On Jun 24, 2012
Obasanjo's swag then: if I can't be handsome, I'll be more muscular than them all. Plus, I'll rule twice.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by elari(m): 12:13pm On Jun 24, 2012
Danka7777:
Aside from Abacha marrying a fellow northerner, they all have something in common: tribeblind when it came to marriage
Obasanjo married an Edo woman
Danjuma married an Edo woman
IBB married a Deltan woman
. . . Aside 4rm dat, they all have sumtin in common. Marrying beautyful women. Stella Obasanjo, Daisy Danjuma, Mariam Abacha and Mariam Babangida.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 24, 2012
The beginning of conspiracies... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by Biggyd2: 12:32pm On Jun 24, 2012
They all have contributed in playing this country like Draught. People that are supposed to be in jail. One good thing is that after playing Nigeria, though she is battered, she stays on when they leave power(and they become bloodi civilians). Shameless men!
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 24, 2012
marabout:

Thank you.
They said he pulled the trigger on Ironsi, I didn't know he also did on Fajuyi, I thought another person in his group did.
Where will you see people with integrity and principle like Fajuyi in Naija today? Only traitors in power now.

Is there any Fajuyi street in Abuja? All the thieves have streets named after them.

The coup (seen then as a revolution) was successful in the North but failed in the South. Ironically, Aguiyi-Ironsi who did not participate in the violent bloodletting inherited the pieces of a shattered Republic by virtue of his seniority in the armed forces. Yet, he was a victim of the counter-coup that claimed his life alongside his courageous host, Fajuyi. Fajuyi did all he could to persuade Danjuma not to kill Ironsi but when he saw that Danjuma insisted, he told him that he could not allow him unless he (Fajuyi) was killed first. This Danjuma did before going after Ironsi himself.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adekunle_Fajuyi

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 24, 2012
marabout:

Thank you.
They said he pulled the trigger on Ironsi, I didn't know he also did on Fajuyi, I thought another person in his group did.
Where will you see people with integrity and principle like Fajuyi in Naija today? Only traitors in power now.

Is there any Fajuyi street in Abuja? All the thieves have streets named after them.

grin grin Abi nah, dats Naija where we celebrate rogues n thieves.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by jaymyk(m): 1:02pm On Jun 24, 2012
Dis obj na fine young man o! ;DDis obj na fine young man o!
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 24, 2012
i saw this pic in the late 70s. i was there
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by sosodevf(m): 1:11pm On Jun 24, 2012
otosa: But later, they turned the draught to the country and they were playing us as they want. But very soon, God will start playing game on thier lifes.
AMEN!!!...
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by Tropilo(m): 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2012
poj: @ samirano, u must be a thomas i guess

Must be, "JOHN THOMAS".
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by afrikanns: 1:53pm On Jun 24, 2012
@A A Adam
Pls who is that Danjuma?

His name is major Gen. Theophilus Danjuma, he was d defence minister durin OBJ tenure b4 they bcome cat and mouse nah.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by Tropilo(m): 2:04pm On Jun 24, 2012
toba: i saw this pic in the late 70s. i was there

Ofcos! You actually took the pix! Abi u don forget?

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by cap28: 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2012
we're fed up of looking at this picture of 4 rogues/coup plotters who went on to ruin nigeria.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by Wislet(f): 2:13pm On Jun 24, 2012
Tropilo:

Ofcos! You actually took the pix! Abi u don forget?
he has forgotten.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by Wislet(f): 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2012
njazra:

The coup (seen then as a revolution) was successful in the North but failed in the South. Ironically, Aguiyi-Ironsi who did not participate in the violent bloodletting inherited the pieces of a shattered Republic by virtue of his seniority in the armed forces. Yet, he was a victim of the counter-coup that claimed his life alongside his courageous host, Fajuyi. Fajuyi did all he could to persuade Danjuma not to kill Ironsi but when he saw that Danjuma insisted, he told him that he could not allow him unless he (Fajuyi) was killed first. This Danjuma did before going after Ironsi himself.

honorable man
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by omoghana22: 2:34pm On Jun 24, 2012
and who told both of you that there is heaven and hell? have you been there before....has any of ur relative there before? the bible only tell you so doesnt means there is.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by talkingfingers: 2:56pm On Jun 24, 2012
Chinom: How many times we go see this picture ?. We don see am before.

Yeah, we've seen it before. But it's that sort of photograph that you can never quite have enough of. It might have been worth next-to-nothing back then, but it's absolutely priceless today. Nice shot! And it sure doesn't look photoshopped.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by doofanc: 3:03pm On Jun 24, 2012
thaira: Obasanjo's swag then: if I can't be handsome, I'll be more muscular than them all. Plus, I'll rule twice.

no be lie!!!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by jimjones: 3:23pm On Jun 24, 2012
toba: i saw this pic in the late 70s. i was there

yea. here's a banana for your troubles.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by Godsave9ja: 3:42pm On Jun 24, 2012
KESHYLOVE:
Heaven?
which of the heavens.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by ortopazz(m): 4:15pm On Jun 24, 2012
A A Adam: It is true, most esp. Maradona(IBB).

lwtmy
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by ortopazz(m): 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2012
jim jones:

u wer their rapstar I guess
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by adicious(m): 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2012
lagcity: Abacha is in heavenshocked looking down at these Generals, just like he is doing in this picture.
lol... Abii? Always on the watchin side
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by ihustler(m): 4:33pm On Jun 24, 2012
D fact dat alotta pple kip asking who danjuma is or d pic was photoshopped shows dat dia is a huge information gap btw d youth and history in spite of d huge impact of IT.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by chino11(m): 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2012
Hmmmmm

No comment
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by adicious(m): 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2012
njazra:

... I just read about the man Fajuyi and he was truely a good man.... Hardly can we see a politician who can sacrifice his precious life and prosperous future for anything.
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2012
mikolo80: IGNORANCE IS BLISS
you know those that were born yesterday when they say that pic is photoshopped
lol
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 24, 2012
talking fingers:

Yeah, we've seen it before. But it's that sort of photograph that you can never quite have enough of. It might have been worth next-to-nothing back then, but it's absolutely priceless today. Nice shot! And it sure doesn't look photoshopped.
it was not photoshopped,my dad worked at Daily times back in the days and came across most f these pics then,if to say i know i for just keep some,trying to remember the guy who took the pic but his name just keeps skipping my memory
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by bashtee: 4:52pm On Jun 24, 2012
so Buhari no follow join this clique
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 24, 2012
jim jones:

yea. We took the pic in Lagos. it was a cool weekend. after the game, Obj and co invited us for a drink but since i dont drink, i declined the offer.

Life was gd back then in the 70s
Re: Photo Of Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha & Danjuma Playing Draught Back In The Days. by oiseworld: 6:16pm On Jun 24, 2012
new maonza: True draught Champions have ruled and will keep ruling Nigeria. . I recommend dat game 4 any1 aspiring 4 any pubic office in Nigeria. . .

thank God i played it in my much youngerdays !! So i have hope.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tunde Bakare: How Tinubu Used Lagos Wealth To Stop SW PDP Is Remarkable / 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio / Fayose Meets Ayodele Dada Daniel At An Event In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.