Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,709 members, 7,805,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi (8922 Views)

Ex-egyptian President, Morsi Jailed 20 Years / Egyptian Army Overthrows President Morsi / Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 24, 2012
maclatunji:

It is called D-E-M-O-C-R-A-C-Y. Majority have their way, minority have their say. How can you seek to deny the Egyptian people the right to choose their leader as they see fit? tongue

democracy wahabbi style , we wait and see grin

I pity the copts though !!
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by S2kluv: 6:14pm On Jun 24, 2012
ashson: Allahu Akbar!!! Alhamdulillah! Long live the new president! if you dont support him, just shut up!
ashson: Allahu Akbar!!! Alhamdulillah! Long live the new president! if you dont support him, just shut up!
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by Aahammed1: 6:17pm On Jun 24, 2012
Congrat to the great people of egypt also congrat to muslim brotherhood
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by chuks49(m): 6:21pm On Jun 24, 2012

Co-traveller
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by chuks49(m): 6:22pm On Jun 24, 2012
Aahammed1: Congrat to the great people of egypt also congrat to muslim brotherhood

Another terrorist sympathiser
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by luvinhubby(m): 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2012
Those guys are liars, initially said it won't field a candidate, but broke it's promise and has been calling for violence since then.
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by chuks49(m): 6:24pm On Jun 24, 2012
Dawdy: Alhamdulillah!

What's this bull$hit evil people always chant.
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by chuks49(m): 6:26pm On Jun 24, 2012
RICHIE BOI: The voice of the people must prevail. i dont think the relation btw America and Egypt will change. mohamed morsi received his Ph.D. in engineering from the University of Southern California in 1982. He was an Assistant Professor at California State University, Northridge from 1982 to 1985. Two of his five children were born in California and are U.S. citizens.

Anwer Awlaki was an American citizen.
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by chuks49(m): 6:27pm On Jun 24, 2012
moderatorr: egypt may attack israel again!

I pray so
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by chuks49(m): 6:28pm On Jun 24, 2012
maclatunji:

It is called D-E-M-O-C-R-A-C-Y. Majority have their way, minority have their say. How can you seek to deny the Egyptian people the right to choose their leader as they see fit? tongue

Yeah, just as majority of muslim in the north sympathise with boko haram
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by chuks49(m): 6:31pm On Jun 24, 2012
akthedream: You must be very sup!d for posting such comment..Jonathan and Obasanjo are both christains right?Can u please hight there achievement since their combined reign of about 11-12yrs?People like you and bokoharam should be held responsible for the religious crisis currently in the north..Mumu like u.

There is a book that inspires boko haram and other terror groups.
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by S2kluv: 6:35pm On Jun 24, 2012
All of u talking nonsense.u think say na stupid man like our own president egptians will vote 4.pls go sleep if u dont know wat 2 say.
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by Reference(m): 6:41pm On Jun 24, 2012
frosbel:

absolutely.

These people will never learn, look at Iran, Saudi, Iraq , Afghanistan where there is total chaos because of these 'terrorists'.

Mind you , this is party that birthed Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban.

The middle east will never be the same again !!!

The people have spoken so they should rally round and support him. If he leads them astray they will kick him out. That's how democracy works. If people are concerned about his roots they should blame Mubarak. He had thirty years to build institutions to ensure plurality, equality, the respect for the rule of law and most importantly a broad based constitution, instead he made himself the institution that obviously ages and is near death.

It is strong institutions not strong men. Lesson for Nigerians who seek a messiah to save them from their own ills.
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 24, 2012
Goodbye to coptic christians (the remnants that have escaped death so far).
Goodbye to a rational Egypt.
Africa... welcome to your own version of Syria and Pakistan.
Africa welcome to Hezbola style terror.

Best of all... Egypt, welcome to "democracy" Hamas style. your opponents either lose or get thrown down from balconies.

Allahu arched bar.
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 24, 2012
Correct, americans sponsor his elections.
RICHIE BOI: The voice of the people must prevail. i dont think the relation btw America and Egypt will change. mohamed morsi received his Ph.D. in engineering from the University of Southern California in 1982. He was an Assistant Professor at California State University, Northridge from 1982 to 1985. Two of his five children were born in California and are U.S. citizens.
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 24, 2012
maclatunji:

Reading the twisted nonsense this hypocrite spews just nauseates so much.
You mean the coptic minority have their say where? in the grave?
you and i both know that what Egypt will have is NOT a democracy but a theocracy no better than what pertains in Gaza. Afterall isnt Syria also a "democracy"?
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by maclatunji: 6:50pm On Jun 24, 2012
chuks49:

Yeah, just as majority of muslim in the north sympathise with boko haram

No, it is your thought-process that is blurred by your dislike of Muslims. If it was a Christian Democratic Party that won, there will be nothing wrong abi? Comparing security which is a governmental duty to election results which is a process of choosing leaders isn't very smart comparative analysis.
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by maclatunji: 6:53pm On Jun 24, 2012
davidylan:

you and i both know that what Egypt will have is NOT a democracy but a theocracy no better than what pertains in Gaza. Afterall isnt Syria also a "democracy"?

Hehe! You need a lesson in Government and Democracy, that is what democracy is all about. Get used to it, the Egyptian people have spoken. Name-calling is the favourite sport of those that cannot sustain intellectual discussion or debate- continue in your path.
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2012
maclatunji:

Hehe! You need a lesson in Government and Democracy, that is what democracy is all about. Get used to it, the Egyptian people have spoken. Name-calling is the favourite sport of those that cannot sustain intellectual discussion or debate- continue in your path.

Just plain dumb or deliberately obtuse. You and i both know Egypt's version of "democracy" is no different from what is obtainable in Syria today... afterall isnt Iran also a "democracy" too? I wonder why these yeediots are not falling over themselves for Egyptian visas instead of heading to the US.

I dont "name-call", i call things as they are with no fear of political correct dribble. Afterall your only way to sustaing intellectual discourse (seriously i think you overestimate your own sense of intelligence... you really are not that bright to be honest and i'm glad deols called you out on it at least 2ce)... is to shut down debate by banning those with opposing views to yours.
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by Dawdy(m): 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2012
Free Palestine ♥ the state of israel go to
hell we don't have any problems with
you just stop attaking moslims and
islam and bellive that we have one god
and jessus is a prophet is not a son of
god
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2012
Dawdy: Free Palestine ♥ the state of israel go to
hell we don't have any problems with
you just stop attaking moslims and
islam
and bellive that we have one god
and jessus is a prophet is not a son of
god

another yeediot on the loose. How is Israel "attacking" muslims? Syria has killed over 4000 muslims to date, where is your "outrage"?
Why should Israel believe in your god and that Jesus is nothing but his puppet? Have they no freedom to believe as they choose? Once again islam exposes its penchant for intolerance, violence and deceit.
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by cap28: 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2012
well the US backed army is still in control so this new president is really just a figure head with no real executive power.
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by Delafruita(m): 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2012
davidylan:

the egyptian people have spoken and whether we like it or not,its their choice.they first gave the muslim brotherhood an overwhelming majority in the legislature and despite all the attempts of the military to impose shafiq,the will of the people has prevailed.the option was pretty clear for the egyptian people,a vote for shafiq was undoubtedly a vote for mubarak who shafiq describes as his role model.a vote for shafiq is a vote that signals that the revolution achieved nothing while a vote for morsi is a vote for progress(at least in the eye of the average revolutionist).the muslim brotherhood were classified as terrorist by america because of their stance against mubarak who was their ally.the muslim brotherhood risked their lives fighting mubarak and took the forefront in the revolution,and now the people of egypt want them to build the bridge to the future and it is my hope that they can.it is my hope that morsi honours the camp david accord mubarak gave his life for but i hope he stops assisting in the blockade of gaza and lets in humanitarian efforts to the repressed people.true,weapons might be smuggled in but refusing palestinians access to weapons while israel receives stockpiles is similar to the bosnia/serbia crisis in which the UN and NATO had to lift the arms embargo to allow bosnia access to weapons.
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2012
davidylan: Goodbye to coptic christians (the remnants that have escaped death so far).
Goodbye to a rational Egypt.
Africa... welcome to your own version of Syria and Pakistan.
Africa welcome to Hezbola style terror.

Best of all... Egypt, welcome to "democracy" Hamas style. your opponents either lose or get thrown down from balconies.

Allahu arched bar.

Hi Bro, longest time.

I truly weep for Egypt, freedom has gone of the window forever !!
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 24, 2012
maclatunji:

No, it is your thought-process that is blurred by your dislike of Muslims. If it was a Christian Democratic Party that won, there will be nothing wrong abi? Comparing security which is a governmental duty to election results which is a process of choosing leaders isn't very smart comparative analysis.

Yes , because a Christian party, will not subjugate women, oppress minorities and perpetuate a reign of terror !!
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by Delafruita(m): 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2012
davidylan:

another yeediot on the loose. How is Israel "attacking" muslims? Syria has killed over 4000 muslims to date, where is your "outrage"?
Why should Israel believe in your god and that Jesus is nothing but his puppet? Have they no freedom to believe as they choose? Once again islam exposes its penchant for intolerance, violence and deceit.
since the 1967 war,israel has put itself at risk of making too many enemies.it has long been established that israel cannot achieve peace without making concessions.it almost happened but then an idiot killed rabin,almost happened again but peres lost to netanyahu who was reluctant to cede land,barak had the best offer but delayed to sign off on the deal and eventually sharon came to office and all hopes for peace evaporated.lets remember that in 1999,the PLO voted to remove from its charter the phrase denying israel its right to exist.israeal always derails the peace process either by building settlements or been unnecesarily aggressive.the january 22 2009 bombing of innocent women and children in gaza with phosphorus bombs readily comes to mind.not suprisingly,the UN fined israel a measly $1.5million for its used of chemical weapons.i want peace in the middle east but israel needs to get off its high horse and reach a compromise like the good friday accord in northern ireland
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by maclatunji: 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2012
davidylan:

Just plain dumb or deliberately obtuse. You and i both know Egypt's version of "democracy" is no different from what is obtainable in Syria today... afterall isnt Iran also a "democracy" too? I wonder why these yeediots are not falling over themselves for Egyptian visas instead of heading to the US.

I dont "name-call", i call things as they are with no fear of political correct dribble. Afterall your only way to sustaing intellectual discourse (seriously i think you overestimate your own sense of intelligence... you really are not that bright to be honest and i'm glad deols called you out on it at least 2ce)... is to shut down debate by banning those with opposing views to yours.

I laugh in Chinese, someone is sore. How would you know what my views are, have you entered my brain through a not-so-fantastic voyage? What shall we call this your fallacy- appeal to a young woman? LOL

By the way, I haven't said I am bright, I say I am right. Democracy has won in Egypt, let the people have the President they have elected bitter David.
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by maclatunji: 7:58pm On Jun 24, 2012
frosbel:

Yes , because a Christian party, will not subjugate women, oppress minorities and perpetuate a reign of terror !!

Do I expect anything less? Taking panadol for the Egyptian people's indulgence in kebab will do you no good. Islam will not disappear like you guys daydream all the time. People like you across all religions are the problem we have in the world.
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by cap28: 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2012
frosbel:

democracy wahabbi style , we wait and see grin

I pity the copts though !!

keep quiet, you pity the copts - what for? Do you think those Egyptian Christians give two shi.ts about black africans?

why arent you pitying your fellow black africans that are being massacred in Libya by the US and EU sponsored NTC?
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 24, 2012
Delafruita:
the egyptian people have spoken and whether we like it or not,its their choice.they first gave the muslim brotherhood an overwhelming majority in the legislature and despite all the attempts of the military to impose shafiq,the will of the people has prevailed.the option was pretty clear for the egyptian people,a vote for shafiq was undoubtedly a vote for mubarak who shafiq describes as his role model.a vote for shafiq is a vote that signals that the revolution achieved nothing while a vote for morsi is a vote for progress(at least in the eye of the average revolutionist).the muslim brotherhood were classified as terrorist by america because of their stance against mubarak who was their ally.the muslim brotherhood risked their lives fighting mubarak and took the forefront in the revolution,and now the people of egypt want them to build the bridge to the future and it is my hope that they can.it is my hope that morsi honours the camp david accord mubarak gave his life for but i hope he stops assisting in the blockade of gaza and lets in humanitarian efforts to the repressed people.true,weapons might be smuggled in but refusing palestinians access to weapons while israel receives stockpiles is similar to the bosnia/serbia crisis in which the UN and NATO had to lift the arms embargo to allow bosnia access to weapons.

which is why i wonder why you all bleat about Gaza being poor and downtrodden... it was the "will of the people" to vote in Hamas no?
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 24, 2012
maclatunji:

I laugh in Chinese, someone is sore. How would you know what my views are, have you entered my brain through a not-so-fantastic voyage? What shall we call this your fallacy- appeal to a young woman? LOL

By the way, I haven't said I am bright, I say I am right. Democracy has won in Egypt, let the people have the President they have elected bitter David.

Bitter about what exactly? You? undecided Lets get serious here...

Again lets cut to the chase... the "democracy" you proclaim in Egypt is about the same that we see in Libya, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Gaza, Syria... yeah... even unthinking hypocrites like you would not choose to live in such "democracies".
Re: Egypt Has A New President: Mohamed Morsi by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 24, 2012
Let me be very clear and upfront... your post is clearly full of uniformed pablum and deliberately obtuse nonsense so pls bear with me as i take you to task... rather harshly.

Delafruita:
since the 1967 war,israel has put itself at risk of making too many enemies.

This presupposes that BEFORE 1967 Israel had no enemies? Nonsense... see 1922.

Delafruita:
it has long been established that israel cannot achieve peace without making concessions.
it almost happened but then an idiot killed rabin,almost happened again but peres lost to netanyahu who was reluctant to cede land,barak had the best offer but delayed to sign off on the deal and eventually sharon came to office and all hopes for peace evaporated.

Israel ceded the Sinai (an area bigger than the entire land of Israel today)... what has it gained?
It ceded Gaza and it has reaped thousands of quassam rockets.

Get real... the REAL thing arabs want Israel to cede is not land but its very existence.

Delafruita:
lets remember that in 1999,the PLO voted to remove from its charter the phrase denying israel its right to exist.

Idiotic nonsense. Why was this in the charter in the first place? Since when did a body of people have the right to deny others the right to exist?
What of Hezbola, Hamas, Iran, Syria... when are they holding a vote to remove the same line from their own charters and constitutions? When will muslims as a group be voting to remove such from the hadiths and quran?

Delafruita:
israeal always derails the peace process either by building settlements or been unnecesarily aggressive.

More deliberate misinformation. the "settlements" only take up less than 3% of the entire land in question... why has the PLO refused to take the other 97% and take up Israel's offer to make up the remaining 3% from other lands contiguous to the westbank if it was all about land? Israel ceded the entire Gaza... where is the peace process with Hamas?

By "being unnecessarily aggressive" you mean Israel deciding to fight back against cowards who sneak into its towns to bomb its kids school buses? Is this monumental fool also outraged about the 4000 who have been killed by Assad so far?

Delafruita:
the january 22 2009 bombing of innocent women and children in gaza with phosphorus bombs readily comes to mind.not suprisingly,the UN fined israel a measly $1.5million for its used of chemical weapons.i want peace in the middle east but israel needs to get off its high horse and reach a compromise like the good friday accord in northern ireland

For starters, they were not phosphorus bombs but tracers. Get real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BOMBSHELL! Email Shows Joe Biden Met With Ukrainian Businessman While He Was VP / Harry/Meghan Interview: Buckingham Palace Admits Needs To Do More On Diversity / History: Attack On Pearl Harbour, U.S. VS Hiroshima And Nagasaki 1945.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.