Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? (14411 Views)

30 Wedding Gowns To Inspire Brides-to-be / My African Evening/occasion Gowns, Fashion Training / Must Wedding Gowns Be Sleeve-less? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by buckwild1(m): 10:56pm On Jun 24, 2012
My cousin was about to get married,he set aside some money to buy the wedding gown.

When it was time to get it,his fiancee insisted that they lease it instead of buying it,stating that its not rational to spend so much on something that she is going to wear for about 6 to 8 hours.

They should use the money for something instead.i was really surprised,i was like do such ladies still exist?

Nairalanders what do you think?
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by pedestal82(m): 11:41am On Jun 25, 2012
@Op, yep they exist, Planning my wedding too, and we also agreed to lease
A wedding gown. I think its a smart move especialy when u knw ur financial strenght, and
Sweet when u hv a lady that understands.
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by Mynd44: 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2012
Such ladies exist nah. She does not attach too much significance to the gown while some other people do. People are different and this is her view
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by cintia(f): 7:30pm On Jun 25, 2012
It's better to lease, even if u want to lease
a brand new gown,It's available
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 25, 2012

5 Likes

Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 25, 2012
whites dont indulge in African marriage operandi, why do whiteman's wedding if you aint got the cash for a white man's gown..

1 Like

Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by mallorca(m): 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2012
chaircover: I own a bridal shop and we sell and lease gowns. Over the years a lot more people are leasing wedding gowns. First of all people used to do it hush hush but now people are beginning to be more realistic about their spending and dont feel embarrassed about hiring a wedding gown.

Ive always said that there is no point over spending on a wedding and then having to live from hand to mouth afterwards.
my fiance must read this comment
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by Egbagirl(f): 7:49pm On Jun 25, 2012
There's definitely no big deal about renting a wedding gown if that's what my finances can afford. (If I did, I'd prolly do a brand new one though). It wouldnt hurt to buy a new one either if it's not too expensive. It all depends on the budget for the wedding but there is no sense in spending a ridiculous amount of money on a dress that will be worn only once.
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by slimyem: 7:50pm On Jun 25, 2012
depends on many things...
If the gown is such that can be converted into something simple and outgoing later,i wouldnt mind buying if i can afford it!
If not,no way!
Leasing isnt such a bad idea though....if i find one suitable and pretty enough!
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by kashala90(m): 7:50pm On Jun 25, 2012
if you like rent or buy marriage is once in a life time

1 Like

Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by MissEZ(f): 7:51pm On Jun 25, 2012
DEfinitely rent. Its just for one day and i can only wear it once
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by JeSoul(f): 7:54pm On Jun 25, 2012
Personally, I wouldn't. Solely because of the 'mental' factor, I wouldn't like to wear something someone else already wore - just my personal thing, it holds sentimental value though I may not wear it again (we're playing with the idea of a 10yr anniv renewal wearing the same dress/suit smiley).

I do agree on not blowing so much money on an item you'll only use once, very reasonable approach. Women should know that with a little shopping around, and taking their focus of "designer labels" you can find gorgeous dresses at prices that won't break the bank.

4 Likes

Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by scribble: 7:58pm On Jun 25, 2012
JeSoul: Personally, I wouldn't. Solely because of the 'mental' factor, I wouldn't like to wear something someone else already wore - just my personal thing, it holds sentimental value though I may not wear it again (we're playing with the idea of a 10yr anniv renewal wearing the same dress/suit smiley).

I do agree on not blowing so much money on an item you'll only use once, very reasonable approach. Women should know that with a little shopping around, and taking their focus of "designer labels" you can find gorgeous dresses at prices that won't break the bank.

ur not yet married and already planning 10year anniv.

Go in peace, your faith has made u whole

8 Likes

Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by ismhab(m): 7:58pm On Jun 25, 2012
Is she not afraid of infectious diseases?
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by adefash(m): 7:59pm On Jun 25, 2012
Why waste so much money on wedding? we do wedding five times in africa:introduction,traditional,registry,church, thanksgiving.na wha o!
any way,in my own case,wedding gown was the last item i purchased.after having spent so much,and my wife knew i tried,i presented her with what was left in my acct.i then asked if we should go and borrow money to buy wedding gown of so so amount or we use what we have left to rent one.she eventually subscribed to renting anyway.
to be candid it doesnt make sence for hustler
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by freecocoa(f): 8:00pm On Jun 25, 2012
In all my thoughts\dreams of a wedding,I've never thought\seen myself buying a wedding gown.

What will i need it for after the wedding na?I fit wear am go normal occasion or outing?

E nukwa e waste ego cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by JeSoul(f): 8:01pm On Jun 25, 2012
scribble:

ur not yet married and already planning 10year anniv.

Go in peace, your faith has made u whole
See this one, fire your aba-made sources asap. I should be counselling you on marriage self.
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by deols(f): 8:06pm On Jun 25, 2012
Na by force to wear gown? everythin am wearing @ mwedding must be new. I'd rather go for something cheap than for somethn borrowed

3 Likes

Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by chidike(m): 8:06pm On Jun 25, 2012
JeSoul: Personally, I wouldn't. Solely because of the 'mental' factor, I wouldn't like to wear something someone else already wore - just my personal thing, it holds sentimental value though I may not wear it again (we're playing with the idea of a 10yr anniv renewal wearing the same dress/suit smiley).

i hope you'll still be able to fit into it, ten years and kids does a lot to a woman's body o!

1 Like

Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by lummy2enny: 8:07pm On Jun 25, 2012
All depend on what u believe in n ur taste...............new one is nt dat too expensive (depend on ur pocket). my wife bought new 1 during our weeding n wen she told me hw much she bought it , i was really surprised n it was so nice dat everybody was asking her where she got it from. also sometym hired 1 can be expensive as some new 1 depend on ur taste. Now my wife is abt taking it to a shop where dey can use it for hiring. u can get a new 1 n give it out for rentage later n get part of ur money back if so desire............

2 Likes

Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by JeSoul(f): 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2012
chidike:
i hope you'll still be able to fit into it, ten years and kids does a lot to a woman's body o!
Lol. Tell me about it! good thing for me staying healthy is fun fun fun smiley
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by Sagamite(m): 8:15pm On Jun 25, 2012
JeSoul: Personally, I wouldn't. Solely because of the 'mental' factor, I wouldn't like to wear something someone else already wore - just my personal thing, it holds sentimental value though I may not wear it again ([b]we're playing with the idea of a 10yr anniv renewal wearing the same dress/sui[/b]t smiley).

No 1, are you planning to eliminate eba, fufu, amala etc from your diet for the next 10 years? grin

No 2, if you had between the option (based on financial constraints) of leasing your perfect, absolutely stunning bridal gown or buying an "e-go-do" bridal gown, which one would you go for?
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 25, 2012
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by JeSoul(f): 8:24pm On Jun 25, 2012
Sagamite:

No 1, are you planning to eliminate eba, fufu, amala etc from your diet for the next 10 years? grin
Lol, assuming its in my diet to begin with grin. I don't remember the last time I ate any of the above.

No 2, if you had between the option (based on financial constraints) of leasing your perfect, absolutely stunning bridal gown or buying an "e-go-do" bridal gown, which one would you go for?
Chai...e go hard oh... but I think I would still lean towards the latter. It is very possible to find great-looking dresses at cheap prices - especially from chinese outlets. Two of my friends bought theirs off a website that makes imitations of popular styles starting as low as ~$200 bucks and they turned out great.
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by Sagamite(m): 8:25pm On Jun 25, 2012
chaircover: Saga what in earth made you click on this link? Dont let TV catch you here ooooooooo!!! grin

I still think that all this sagafrontin is just an alter ego and the real saga is as we speak busy in the kitchen snapping egusi seeds and picking the stones out of beans. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I clicked on it to hear the same females justify being ostentatious with your money are the ones that will say they will not repay you by being a good cook.

But, hell, majority have proved me wrong. grin

JeSoul:

Chai...e go hard oh... but I think I would still lean towards the latter. It is very possible to find great-looking dresses at cheap prices - especially from chinese outlets. Two of my friends bought theirs off a website that makes imitations of popular styles starting as low as ~$200 bucks and they turned out great.

As long as you are comfortable with Givenchy, YSL, Ralph Lauren tag not being on it, then I believe you. grin
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 25, 2012
mallorca: my fiance must read this comment
no be only u oooo,my woman needs to see dis. I don beg tire she say she want new one.
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by kandiikane(m): 8:30pm On Jun 25, 2012
well, I am going to design mine and get it personally made. When I find the mugu who will pay for it. grin
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by yme1(f): 8:35pm On Jun 25, 2012
If the money is available I definitely will love to buy my wedding gown and I don't mind renting either.
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by Odeyaletoyin: 8:35pm On Jun 25, 2012
buck wild: My cousin was about to get married,he set aside some money to buy the wedding gown.

When it was time to get it,his fiancee insisted that they lease it instead of buying it,stating that its not rational to spend so much on something that she is going to wear for about 6 to 8 hours.

They should use the money for something instead.i was really surprised,i was like do such ladies still exist?

Nairalanders what do you think?
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by JeSoul(f): 8:36pm On Jun 25, 2012
chaircover: Saga what in earth made you click on this link? Dont let TV catch you here ooooooooo!!! grin

I still think that all this sagafrontin is just an alter ego and the real saga is as we speak busy in the kitchen snapping egusi seeds and picking the stones out of beans. grin
ROTFLOL... this is freaking hilarious lol.

Sagamite: As long as you are comfortable with Givenchy, YSL, Ralph Lauren tag not being on it, then I believe you. grin
Infact, it is in my personal 'code of dressing conduct' NOT to wear so-called "designer" clothing/labels in general - especially if the label is on display. How much are Polo, Coach, Givenchy & co. paying me to advertise their clothing? way I see it, why should I pay to be someone else's walking billboard? its a scam of the highest order lol. Quality & style, personalized is what matters to me.
Re: Wedding Gowns: To Buy Or To Lease? by stagger: 8:36pm On Jun 25, 2012
My wife insisted that she has one for keeps. Several years down the line, I doubt she even knows where it is now. The irrationality of most women is something that has always baffled me since.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cynthia Ocheze Wins Miss Apex Queen Nigeria 2018 / Nigerian Tailors And Their Wahala! / Ini Edo On The Cover Of Fashion & Lifestyle Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.