Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook (10498 Views)

Female Army Cadet Tortures A Man For Calling Her "Beautiful" / 38 People Dead: Boko Haram On The Run, Chadian Forces In Pursuit / Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by youngies(m): 9:17pm On Jun 25, 2012
A 23-year old mother of one has been arrested by policemen from Ipaja Police Station, Lagos State, Southwest Nigeria, for calling her ex-husband a member of the Boko Haram sect on Facebook, the social interaction site on internet.

The suspect, Afolakemi Mojisola Adeniyi, was arrested following a complaint lodged at the station by her former husband, Alfa Umar Gobir, that his ex-wife posted his picture on facebook and tagged him a member of the Boko Haram.

Umar told the police that he received several calls from friends and associates throughout the weekend, asking him why he joined the sect and that he kept telling them that they were mistaking him for someone else until one of his friends told him to check Facebook.

Umar said he was shocked when he saw his picture on facebook and the words written below the picture read: “This is one of the Boko Haram any time you have contact with him, bomb him.”

Umar further explained: “I was sleeping on Saturday night when I started receiving calls from my friends asking me why I joined the Boko Haram sect. I was surprised since I did not belong to the sect, but one of my friends called me again and said I should go to Facebook. He told me that my picture was there as a member of the sect.

“I was shocked when I saw my picture on the social networking site.”
Umar told the police at Ipaja that very early that day, he went to Ipaja where his ex-wife lived with her parents and reported the case to them.

His ex-wife confirmed to him that she posted the picture on Facebook because he told her that she and her child would die. Umar told the police that few hours after the parents of his ex-wife begged him to forgive her, she posted another one on Facebook saying she did not regret her action.

The second posting reads: “Am nt regrtn of d pic upload by me 2 any 1.”
When Afolakemi was arrested and the police asked her why she did it, she simply said that Umar told her that she and her child would die.

The Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in charge of Ipaja Police Station, Titiladayo Segun, after listening to both parties, advised Afolakemi and her parents to go and beg the complainant for forgiveness because of the little child they have, adding that with the evidence before him there is no way she would not go to jail should the complainant insist on going to court.

Gobir told the police that he is yet to decide whether to take his ex-wife to court, adding that he needed to consult his family over the matter.

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/1860-police-arrests-afolakemi-adeniyi-for-calling-ex-hubby-boko-haram-on-facebook
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by youngies(m): 6:18am On Jun 26, 2012
"You never know with women" - James Hardley Chase

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 26, 2012
youngies: "You never know with women" - James Hardley Chase
Seriously I think James H Chase might be right....
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by ozoebuka1(m): 10:13am On Jun 26, 2012
Women has little mind, they dont think about what would happen later all they care about is present!present!! present!!!

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by XFive: 10:14am On Jun 26, 2012
The police should investigate this Man to confirm if he is a Boko Haram member or not. This woman might be saying the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:17am On Jun 26, 2012
hmn...hope ex boyfiends and girlfriends wont be copying this shit
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by Dukechimi: 10:20am On Jun 26, 2012
Poor Lady, dats d best way she feels she could get his attention.
It worked, but she should be cautioned with Koboko!
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by Omen100(m): 10:24am On Jun 26, 2012
XFive: The police should investigate this Man to confirm if he is a Boko Haram member or not. This woman might be saying the truth.

investigate what again now mr. man after the woman have told the police that she said those words because the ex-husband said that she and her child are going to die angry angry angry angry don't you think that the police have other pressing matters at hand? after its the pathetic Nigerians like you that will still going ahead and abuse the nigerian police for not being diplomatic over domestic matters, the DPO has made the whole for easy by telling the woman's parent to go and ask forgiveness..

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by slimming: 10:28am On Jun 26, 2012
Police are good at that, but when it come to crime control they be absent.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by mallorca(m): 10:31am On Jun 26, 2012
Omen100:

investigate what again now mr. man after the woman have told the police that she said those words because the ex-husband said that she and her child are going to die angry angry angry angry don't you think that the police have other pressing matters at hand? after its the pathetic Nigerians like you that will still going ahead and abuse the nigerian police for not being diplomatic over domestic matters, the DPO has made the whole for easy by telling the woman's parent to go and ask forgiveness..
very on point...kudos

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by rasputinn(m): 10:35am On Jun 26, 2012
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.....

Mix the scorn with propensity for indiscretion,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by Afam4eva(m): 10:39am On Jun 26, 2012
Women allow their emotions rather than their brain to control them. Fore them, it's about "act and think later".
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by Olaleyecollins: 10:41am On Jun 26, 2012
undecidedWatin concern nigeria police wit the woman affairs.am very sure they enter her facebook account wrongly.
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by tjskii(f): 10:45am On Jun 26, 2012
JideTheBlogger: hmn...hope ex boyfiends and girlfriends wont be copying this shit
cheesy Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ dey fear
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by Omen100(m): 10:47am On Jun 26, 2012
tjskii:
cheesy Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ dey fear

the matter nor reach to make person b4? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by DAY12(m): 10:49am On Jun 26, 2012
grin Naija I hail thee
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by inspirenet: 10:53am On Jun 26, 2012
XFive: The police should investigate this Man to confirm if he is a Boko Haram member or not. This woman might be saying the truth.
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 26, 2012
Very funny.
On another note, do you know that just a glass of water can power the whole of Lagos for 1 year? https://www.nairaland.com/973294/theres-enough-energy-glass-water
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 26, 2012
So funi,couldnt stop laughng til d end
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by maclatunji: 11:04am On Jun 26, 2012
Funny! grin. Then again, it is not-so-funny. angry

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by damilola15: 11:06am On Jun 26, 2012
It's true when they say: Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by ernestleon(m): 11:08am On Jun 26, 2012
slimming: Police are good at that, but when it come to crime control they be absent.
a much more reasonable conclusion compared to your previous comment in the other thread
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by pendusky(m): 11:13am On Jun 26, 2012
women can kill oh
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by Gospelgirl(f): 11:20am On Jun 26, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by Sargon101(m): 11:30am On Jun 26, 2012
senseless woman....
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by gbadexy(m): 11:41am On Jun 26, 2012
The man messed up big time by telling the lady she and her child would die. The lady too was wrong but that kind of statement get men killed by acid bath or hot oil bath while sleeping. We have heard many such case.
A man should be able to exercise some caution and don't speak insensitively to women. It just might save a brother's life.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by sirp2007: 11:42am On Jun 26, 2012
KUDOS to the D P O.
The woman should be advice on how 2 fight domestic battle,l think her tactics is weird.
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by Pukkah: 11:43am On Jun 26, 2012
This is a domestic matter gone awry. The man will not likely go to court. The woman wanted attention and a point of contact with the man and she took the foolhardy decision of labelling the man as a Boko Haram member. This appears like an opportunity to end the rift. The man will tell his family members and the two families will talk...trust Nigerians smiley
Re: Police Arrests Afolakemi Adeniyi For Calling Ex-hubby Boko Haram On Facebook by boyendowed(m): 11:45am On Jun 26, 2012
That was how a woman tagged two nephews(the two were brothers) of hers armed robbers just because they had a disagreement.The Nigerian police shot them dead without questions
www.ipaidabribenaija.org/index.php/general/item/288-protests-break-out-as-woman-instigates-killing-of-own-nephews

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unreleased Photos From The Battle In Konduga (bloody Scene) Warning!! / Daily Petrol Shortfall To Hit 20m Litres Despite Dangote Refinery — NNPC / INEC Uploads An Image Of A Girl In Bathroom As Election Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.