Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,480 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Harry Porter, The Wheel Of Time, The Lord Of The Rings. Which Is Best? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Harry Porter, The Wheel Of Time, The Lord Of The Rings. Which Is Best? (2656 Views)

Clog In The Wheel / Harry Porter's Author, JK Rowling's Pen Name Revealed. / Harry Porter's Author, JK Rowling's Pen Name Revealed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harry Porter, The Wheel Of Time, The Lord Of The Rings. Which Is Best? by LewsTherin: 11:01am On Jun 26, 2012
The three most popular fantasy series are Harry Porter (7 books), The Wheel of Time (14 books and a number of prequels) and the Lord of the Rings (3 books, 1 prequel and over 20 books by the same author in the sme universe). Which do you prefer? I consider Harry Porter to be childish. The Wheel of time is the series I'm currently hooked on. Maybe cos the last book is yet to be released. The LOTR series as far as I am concerced remains the best book after the Bible ever written! Such depth. Such history. Creating a new language even going as far as having dialects to that language. Oh Elbereth Gilthoniel!
Re: Harry Porter, The Wheel Of Time, The Lord Of The Rings. Which Is Best? by Kxy(m): 6:38pm On Jun 29, 2012
For me, the Lord of the Rings still remains the best.
Re: Harry Porter, The Wheel Of Time, The Lord Of The Rings. Which Is Best? by Kecybright: 2:40pm On Dec 31, 2012
LewsTherin: The three most popular fantasy series are Harry Porter (7 books), The Wheel of Time (14 books and a number of prequels) and the Lord of the Rings (3 books, 1 prequel and over 20 books by the same author in the sme universe). Which do you prefer? I consider Harry Porter to be childish. The Wheel of time is the series I'm currently hooked on. Maybe cos the last book is yet to be released. The LOTR series as far as I am concerced remains th best book after the Bible ever written! Such depth. Such history. Creating a new language even going as far as having dialects to that language. Oh Elbereth Gilthoniel!
wheel of time is the best.
Contact me on facebook. Jerry Chyz Ekene.
Re: Harry Porter, The Wheel Of Time, The Lord Of The Rings. Which Is Best? by Aldavin80(m): 12:14am On Jan 02, 2013
LOTR remains the best from those listed...try Codex Alera and lemme know what you think
Re: Harry Porter, The Wheel Of Time, The Lord Of The Rings. Which Is Best? by LewsTherin: 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2013
Aldavin80: LOTR remains the best from those listed...try Codex Alera and lemme know what you think

Havn't heard of that one. I'm open to new ideas so I'll try it. But how does it stand up to TWOT or LOTR?
Re: Harry Porter, The Wheel Of Time, The Lord Of The Rings. Which Is Best? by Aldavin80(m): 5:41pm On Jan 02, 2013
LOTR and TWOT are all amazing fantasy novels but when you think you have seen it all,that's when you get hit with codex alera,its in six installments that are all out.Google the reviews and you just read the first book in the series"furies of caulderon" and you will be asking for more.I've read it all twice already
Re: Harry Porter, The Wheel Of Time, The Lord Of The Rings. Which Is Best? by LewsTherin: 10:41pm On Jan 13, 2013
I just finished A Memory of Light, the fin instalment of TWOT and believe me, I'm gonna be seeing Aes Sedai, Ashaman and Trollocs everywhere for the next few weeks!
Re: Harry Porter, The Wheel Of Time, The Lord Of The Rings. Which Is Best? by Brisingr(m): 3:36pm On Mar 20, 2013
started TWOT when i saw this thread back in january,am on d 8th book and i think this book is better than LOTR, codex of alera is good too but Butchers masterpiece na Dresden file.
Re: Harry Porter, The Wheel Of Time, The Lord Of The Rings. Which Is Best? by LewsTherin: 9:42pm On Apr 20, 2013
Its always great to see a new reader of TWOT especially one who has also read LOTR. Book 8 too. Goood. How many of the LOTR world have you read? Only the trilogy and the hobbit or have you read The Silmarilon? Lays of Beleriand? Children of Hurin?
Re: Harry Porter, The Wheel Of Time, The Lord Of The Rings. Which Is Best? by jiraiyas: 11:12pm On Apr 20, 2013
LOTR always will be the best fantasy book ,maybe Game of throne might cme 2nd in nearest future bt 4 nw its Harry Potter in 2nd place.

Also Harry Potter isnt childish plz op.
Re: Harry Porter, The Wheel Of Time, The Lord Of The Rings. Which Is Best? by pasqal09: 1:35am On May 06, 2013
Have any of you read the sword of truth series by terry goodkind
Re: Harry Porter, The Wheel Of Time, The Lord Of The Rings. Which Is Best? by Illuminatus(m): 6:55pm On Oct 24, 2013
Out of the three, the Harry Potter series is the only one I've finished. Yes, the first three books were sort of childish, but what do you expect, it was written FOR children. The last four books are epic for me with The Deathly Hallows being everything I could ever want.
The Lord of the Rings is interesting, but it is really demanding. I only finished it cos I never put down a book without finishing. I thanked God when they started releasing the movies. It helped me finish the series books.
I haven't read The Wheels of Time and Codex of Altera. But I'm going to check it out as soon as possible.
Re: Harry Porter, The Wheel Of Time, The Lord Of The Rings. Which Is Best? by Valon4ego(m): 2:10am On Nov 04, 2013
No offence to Harry Porter fans, but the book no suppose dey top 15!
my favorites na

malazan book of the fallen

wheel of time

the black company

sword of truth

game of thrones.
Re: Harry Porter, The Wheel Of Time, The Lord Of The Rings. Which Is Best? by Illuminatus(m): 10:18am On Nov 05, 2013
So I started reading Codex of Alera series two weeks ago. I'm on the third book and I think it's great. It's...close to Harry Potter. But still not bettertongue
Re: Harry Porter, The Wheel Of Time, The Lord Of The Rings. Which Is Best? by urch45: 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
I heard someone saying he wanted to publish. Here's a good one. They accept online manuscript submission. Try cassava republic. Though I dont know that much about them or their website. Another sure one is www.blacktowerpublishers.com.ng They offer editing, proofreading, translation services. Even script review. Have only used their services once.

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Authors And Publishers With Short Stories And Books For New Website / Fidelity Bank International Creative Writing Workshop / 5 Short, Creepy, Horror Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.