Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,276 members, 7,807,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria (8527 Views)

Uk Arrival !!! Sony Vaio Intel Core I3 6gb Ram 640gb Hard Drive For **50k** / Any Difference Between Notebook, Netbook, Ultrabook, Probook And Laptop? / Microsoft’s Office 2013 Debuts In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by toluxa1(m): 10:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
Ii usually don't do this or say this but I will tonight! [size=15pt]WHAT IN PETER's NAME IS THIS THREAD DOING ON THE FRONT PAGE angry grin[/size]
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:16am On Jun 27, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
Maybe, but that's an upgrade. The 1TB is the base storage size of the XPS 15.
No it is not. Just as you have it in z-series range of Sony Viao so it is in Dell XPS 15z. There is even a comparison prices. The Sony is way more sophisticated. We can compare the specs though both use i7 10Ghz speed porcessor.Yet there are more added features to Sony Viao Z-series than Dell XPS 15Z
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 27, 2012
^Namely? But I can tell you the XPS 15 comes with zero bloatware! And runs on 3rd generation Ivy Bridge i7 processors
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by lastpage: 6:51am On Jun 27, 2012
zaibatsu: Second Generation Intel Core processors? Is that a joke or was this piece taken from a 2011 article? Elsewhere Sony announced the launch of the new s13, s15, etc. All based on the Third Gen Ivy Bridge processors.
Sell that crap somewhere else!
Dont mind them, let them be behaving like "Bush people" ...online!

First, Intel Quad core Processors have been around since 2007! I still have the Toshiba Equium Laptop l bought then, with that Processor!
Secondly, even the i-Series Intel Processor (i3, i5 and i7) have been around for over a year now! These are second generation.

Let me also add that the Sony Vaio "E-Series" are about the "lowest basic spec" among Sony Vaio Laptops.

No wonder they are "introducing and debuting it" in Nigeria........when other parts of the world has moved on since three years ago and will not buy
it grin grin
If you want to really get serious, Try the "F-Series or the S or Z-Series" (will set you back for like $2000 sha, depending on the "add-ons" you pick.).
Note: those prices are "starting from", not the selling price! wink grin

Google the web for the different "series" and saw this: http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&identifier=S_Notebooks&SR=tab:store:brand_bin:vaio_computers:ss

BTW: Dell Laptops are one of the worst Computer asset you can put your money on.
Trust me on this! I have them, l work with them and l repair them.

Major problem is their "Power Charging system". (That area where you plug the Power supply into the Laptop)
Within a year , it will come loose INSIDE!...yes, inside the Laptop, on the Mother board.
Then, it will therefore stop charging your battery. Eventually, your battery would die naturally of "over-drain".

The only time you will be able to use it is when you plug it directly to NEPA.....and those one are so unreliable!.
Imagine you are doing some serious work (Coding, school work like Project, Web design, Architectural Rendering, e.t.c) and all of a sudden, NEPA does as usual? YOUR WORK IS GONE IMMEDIATELY!.....at least up to your last 'save'

Eventually, the "sudden power cuts" would trash your operating system and board-level components.
That is the end of your beautiful DELL LAPTOP!

If you doubt me, ask anyone that has used a Dell for like 2 or 3years. Ask them the challenge they face.
I currently use my last one as a door stopper! grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 27, 2012
I've been using Dell Inspiron N5040 for 1.9 years now and it's still works beautifully. I just took delivery of an XPS 15 and believe me, nothing's more "heavenly"
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:01am On Jun 28, 2012
SimonAndal: ^Namely? But I can tell you the XPS 15 comes with zero bloatware! And runs on 3rd generation Ivy Bridge i7 processors
The same with Sony Vaio Z-series. It is far sophisticated. You can Google on their specs if you really want to know what I am on about.
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Olisa74(m): 7:17am On Jun 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

So I'll have to be carrying an external DVD around with me while I'm using one of the "best upgrades" apple can offer?

not much of an upgrade, from my viewpoint.

The point of such "inventions" is so that ppl like me could use "more" while obtaining "less".

The DVD drive in laptops is becoming obsolete. Apple is merely leading the way, others will soon follow.
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 28, 2012
Olisa74:

The DVD drive in laptops is becoming obsolete. Apple is merely leading the way, others will soon follow.
_
Excuse me but huh? *imitates thirsty fish* Obsolete? Where're you from? Who cares angola? When Microsoft first releases Halo 4 on a thumb drive, then I'll know that the optic drive is going obsolete. Smh!
Re: Sony VAIO Notebook Debuts In Nigeria by anatoli: 10:45pm On Jan 07, 2013
heilige: I have one. I prefer samsung over sony. I tried both already
I am pretty sure, that the price will be the determining factor in how well they will do. m

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP : INTEL Core Vs AMD : Which Is Better ? / We Buy And Sell Laptops / How Do I Get Bandwidth Via SAT-3? (NITEL Wholesale Internet Services)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.