Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! (11918 Views)

How To Fix Blue Screen Of Death & System Auto Restart Issue / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! by domwas2(m): 11:37am On Nov 29, 2007
Pls help, this morning i went back home and put ON my PC, After booting the following note appeared:

[b]We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your file and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous start-up attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the power or reset button was pressed, or if you aren’t sure what caused the problem choose start windows normally.

SAFE MODE
SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING
SAFE MODE WITH COMMAND PROMPT
LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION
SART WINDOWS NORMALLY.

When, I press any of the above, I then get the message (blue screen with white writing): -

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE-BOOT-VOLUME

If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware of software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any new hardware r software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced start-up options and then select safe mode

Technical Information: -

***STOP:0x00000000ED (0x80E58D98, 0x C00006,0x00000000, 0x00000000)[/b]

I'm at a loss what I can do. Any ideas with what the heck is wrong with my PC ?, I fear the worst at the moment and can see that this might be a major problem. So, I need your help to tell me what is wrong with my PC and/or what I need to do from here, Is my Hard drive now corrupt? or Do I need to buy a new hardrive and reinstall Windows OS ?
Thanks
Re: Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! by sawyerrken(m): 11:51am On Nov 29, 2007
in my experience (which is relatively little, lol) tht error can be as a result of memory (RAM) change or u just put a hard drive that was preinstalled with an OS on another board and u're now trying to use it on ur present board, or u installed a new PCI or AGP card.

so if u recently made any hardwar change, revert the change, if tht doesn't work
slave ur HDD, get every valuable stuff out and reinstall.
Re: Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! by Maleeq(m): 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2007
@domwas2

Dont fret my brother! Your system is just seeking some attention!!! grin

Maybe due to some activities (software/application issues), your "boot.ini" file got corrupted.

Follow these steps to fix it(You;ll need your XP installation CD):

1. Boot up from your XP installation CD. (You may need to change the options from your BIOS)

2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the[b] Recovery Console[/b].

3. Select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.

4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

5.At the command prompt, type chkdsk /r , and then press ENTER.

6. When it finishes (It might take some time. . 20 - 30 mins on the average), type exit , and then press ENTER to restart your computer.

After the system restarts, you should boot into Windows with no issues!!!
Re: Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! by Ralvy(m): 9:31am On Nov 30, 2007
*sighs*
Re: Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! by zigalo(m): 2:09pm On Nov 30, 2007
and you can try this too, you slave your hard disk on working system and check your hard disk through HDD properties tools and click check now,
Re: Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! by domwas2(m): 12:18pm On Dec 05, 2007
Thanks Maleeq, i think u've done it all, and others thanks all,
Re: Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! by Maleeq(m): 6:55am On Dec 06, 2007
No Shakin!!
Re: Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! by domwas2(m): 10:13am On Dec 10, 2007
Hi room pls the procedure given was followed when i got home but it wasnt helpful pls help if their is still anything ease i could do
Re: Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! by Maleeq(m): 10:30am On Dec 10, 2007
@domwas2

You ran the procedure exactly, logged onto to the [b]RIGHT [/b]XP installation and still it did not work out?

Let me ask,
- did you get to the command prompt stage? If you did not, then you skipped something on the procedure I listed.
- Do you have more than one Windows installation on the drive? If you do, you'll be presented with the available installations to log onto at the command prompt stage. Logging onto to the wrong one means your problem would still persist. Confirm which installation to log onto (. . .assuming you have more than one installations).

If these dont work, then I have no further solutions. Maybe others on the forum would.

Take care.
Re: Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! by jeffcom(m): 10:41am On Dec 10, 2007
to my own knowledge, not every blue screen can be resolved,
but as a computer engineer, u can just back ur data up on another
hard disk.

but if you have lost all the informations on it, call on me to retrieve
them back for you, even if formatted!

call on 0807 288 7807 or 01 217 0551 - Jeff.
Re: Windows Xp Blue Screen (unmountable-boot-volume): Please Help! by Maleeq(m): 11:54am On Dec 10, 2007
jeff.com:

to my own knowledge, not every blue screen can be resolved,
Maybe, but the error he's experience can be fixed.

(1) (Reply)

Website, U Can't But Visit Anytime U Are On Internet / Self Recharge Of Multilinks 3g Blue / Blue Screen Which Then Goes Unto Black Screen Then Rights Itself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.