Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,525 members, 7,770,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:27 AM

Android, Anyone? Part II - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? Part II (959230 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (601) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by texazzpete(m): 10:34pm On Jul 05, 2012
4llerbuntu: ^^ they have come again

first one condemn game, add the entire android join say na android fault.

the second one condemn the first one recommendation patapata

ok na who we go come believe now?

na d games no good or na android fault say the game no good?

na your choice of game no good, or na android no good?

Quick answer? Na you English teacher no good.

Dead Trigger is a fantastic looking game with boring, repetitive mediocre gameplay. That's totally unrelated to the fact that my 320dpi Galaxy S3 (and also my previous HTC One X) is not compatible with many apps I truly want. From GTA 3 to NBA Jam to Need for Speed and a few others, updates are required to the apps to support my device. Some XDA guys have been able to increase compatibility by using a tweak to change DPI to 240 or so, but i'm not keen on such an inelegant workaround.

I recall early adopters of the Galaxy Note had that issue too.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ninelives(m): 11:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
latest Sim ToolKit for android needed urgently. My tab has ish, cant make calls, keeps telling me no signal on my sim, i found out its d fact that sim toolkit isnt installed properly dat is d cuse of the probs, tried downloading, but cant find a working one, i guess d latest version should work, anyone wit valid help. ASAP
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by edoyad(m): 12:50am On Jul 06, 2012
earthrealm: nope, meant sharing the 3g modem internet on ur phone..broadcasting it tru wifi and connecting ur android phone to the wifi u created....thus using the laptops internet on ur android

Simple, google Connectify and install it.

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:29am On Jul 06, 2012
texazzpete:

Quick answer? Na you English teacher no good.

Dead Trigger is a fantastic looking game with boring, repetitive mediocre gameplay. That's totally unrelated to the fact that my 320dpi Galaxy S3 (and also my previous HTC One X) is not compatible with many apps I truly want. From GTA 3 to NBA Jam to Need for Speed and a few others, updates are required to the apps to support my device. Some XDA guys have been able to increase compatibility by using a tweak to change DPI to 240 or so, but i'm not keen on such an inelegant workaround.

I recall early adopters of the Galaxy Note had that issue too.

YIMU!!

then complain about the people who make the games.
they should update their games, google does not make the games.

if you are paying for those games then you should call or email them to get off the arses and update the game! if pple can be hacking it to work, i see no reason why it will be hard for the makers to do so!!

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by obataala(m): 10:07am On Jul 06, 2012
Engineers!!!.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by obataala(m): 10:47am On Jul 06, 2012
4llerbuntu: ^^

egbon u sure say na wetin cause make dat fone no work? that does not sound like what the lock code can cause.
btw usually when that kinda thingy happens, the fone makes you use the google account on the fone to unlock it! so....

then again, this your "engineer" sabi work so?

id have thought that he would hook that fone up to a pc and see if it still gets detected, then check if its not issues like battery or a brick?
and if the fone is not hard bricked, FLASH IT!!!!

so as far as i know, unless your explanation is flawed, which i think it is, you ultimately need to flash that phone with STOCK RADIO FIRMWARE AND OS.

I kno forgettin an unlock code prompts google acct 2 b used,earlier d argument ws i can & canot guess d code.i ws not der wen it hapnd only came 2 kno of it afta it ws brought 2 us dat d screen culd not lite or display but d keyboard did 4 dat moment,until we tuk d bat3 out, replaced it den powered it, dis tym it did lit & displayd but distorted by half d screen,we powered down & repowered,notin eva came up again.
My little knowldg tells me u may b tryin 2 flash a fone b4 it culd b brickt,since notin lyk dat ws d case made me assumed dat position. I can use ur help if u wuld b willin. Thanks for ur response.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 06, 2012
Good day guys,
I have for sale Samsung galaxy note N 7000.
Phone has already been updated to ICS 4.0.3 N7000 XXLPT.
Bought less than a month ago, every accessory still intact.
You also go with an Otterbox commutter case worth 10k

If interested please contact me ; dolatubosun@gmail.com

PAYMENT ONLY AT POINT OF DELIVERY.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:27am On Jul 06, 2012
obataala:

I kno forgettin an unlock code prompts google acct 2 b used,earlier d argument ws i can & canot guess d code.i ws not der wen it hapnd only came 2 kno of it afta it ws brought 2 us dat d screen culd not lite or display but d keyboard did 4 dat moment,until we tuk d bat3 out, replaced it den powered it, dis tym it did lit & displayd but distorted by half d screen,we powered down & repowered,notin eva came up again.
My little knowldg tells me u may b tryin 2 flash a fone b4 it culd b brickt,since notin lyk dat ws d case made me assumed dat position. I can use ur help if u wuld b willin. Thanks for ur response.

No you can actually brick a phone in many ways depending on the phone model.
its just that there are two types of bricks, soft and hard

softbrick is caused by software issues, easy undone by flashing.

hard brick is usually caused by hardware manipulation. usually difficult or impossible to undo.

dont use HTC tho, but will try help you research.

what is the model number of the phone?

Is the phone powering up at all?

Does it display anything.

Does it have any indication that if it powers up, its working but not displaying?

Have you tried using another battery or charging the battery outside the phone?

Does the phone charge if plugged it (display charging light)?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by obataala(m): 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
4llerbuntu:

No you can actually brick a phone in many ways depending on the phone model.
its just that there are two types of bricks, soft and hard

softbrick is caused by software issues, easy undone by flashing.

hard brick is usually caused by hardware manipulation. usually difficult or impossible to undo.

dont use HTC tho, but will try help you research.

what is the model number of the phone?

Is the phone powering up at all?

Does it display anything.

Does it have any indication that if it powers up, its working but not displaying?

Have you tried using another battery or charging the battery outside the phone?

Does the phone charge if plugged it (display charging light)?

ok den.
On depressin d power button,it viberates,iz hw it powers but no lite cums up either on d keyboard or d screen, iz just blank,tried callin it 2c if iz workin,it culd not received. in dat state it does not charge no indication lite on wen plugged 2 d mains.,yes d act3 charge outsyd d fone.d fone is my 3g slide,d model i canot provide now.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by donnie(m): 10:58pm On Jul 06, 2012
Users of Android and Symbian devices can now lock & unlock their phones remotely to protect their data.
The device when dissabled is as good as a toy until enabled by the owner. Check this out: www.facebook.com/backupmymobileforlife
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by blackweaver(m): 10:38am On Jul 07, 2012
Ogetogeo: Pls house how will u rate the Samsung galaxy pocket?
And what are the advatages/disadvantages over Samsung galaxy y duos?

well the pocket has only 2 advantages over the y duos, 1. it's much cheaper and 2. it comes with 3gb internal memory, while the y duos comes with 2gb memory card; while the y duos is dual sim and a better camera (3.15mp vs 2mp)

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4612&idPhone2=4385

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lawalmd(m): 4:43pm On Jul 07, 2012
omo i had a very bad experience yesterday while upgrading my captivate rom, came across this rom on xda forum and decided to give it a trial then suddenly after the upgrade my phone started requesting for network unlock code omo it was not a funny thing at all o while all my files are back at home on my hard disk I had to go through the day without my phone so on getting home did a reinstall of the ics rom which didn't solve the problem then I did an official gb install and whoola I had my phone back online so from there on I installed my remics rom and all thing have been ok just that my cwd backup has been acting up, it won't restore data which results in a boot loop so I had to stick to my titanium backup
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewerex(m): 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2012
pls is thr a way i can move the application
on my galay ace to the memory card
because any time i try to run any of the
game on it,it will be telling me low memory
on the phone,while i still have about 14gb
on the memory phone. i need a helping hand on how to go about it. thanks

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 07, 2012
Lawalmd: omo i had a very bad experience yesterday while upgrading my captivate rom, came across this rom on xda forum and decided to give it a trial then suddenly after the upgrade my phone started requesting for network unlock code omo it was not a funny thing at all o while all my files are back at home on my hard disk I had to go through the day without my phone so on getting home did a reinstall of the ics rom which didn't solve the problem then I did an official gb install and whoola I had my phone back online so from there on I installed my remics rom and all thing have been ok just that my cwd backup has been acting up, it won't restore data which results in a boot loop so I had to stick to my titanium backup

hmmm bad day I guess. hope you didn't rename your cwm backup before?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 07, 2012
ewerex: pls is thr a way i can move the application
on my galay ace to the memory card
because any time i try to run any of the
game on it,it will be telling me low memory
on the phone,while i still have about 14gb
on the memory phone. i need a helping hand on how to go about it. thanks

are you rooted?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Lawalmd(m): 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2012
joeydozzy:

hmmm bad day I guess. hope you didn't rename your cwm backup before?
no i didn't normally figure which one to restore with the date of backup
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Donlokobanty(m): 10:20pm On Jul 07, 2012
What are the best WAR, ADVENTURES & MOVIES game can i download for MY TOUCH 3G SLIDE?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by ewerex(m): 8:21am On Jul 08, 2012
joeydozzy:

are you rooted?

the phone is not rooted.
how do i go about this
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by calid16: 2:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
Some of these games come in unbelievable sizes, hoooooow am I going to go about downloading 1.7gb data files for NOVA 3 ? I hope the ish will be worth it. undecided undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 08, 2012
ewerex:

the phone is not rooted.
how do i go about this

check xda or Google it. after rooting download the root version of app to sd
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:14am On Jul 09, 2012
obataala:
ok den.
On depressin d power button,it viberates,iz hw it powers but no lite cums up either on d keyboard or d screen, iz just blank,tried callin it 2c if iz workin,it culd not received. in dat state it does not charge no indication lite on wen plugged 2 d mains.,yes d act3 charge outsyd d fone.d fone is my 3g slide,d model i canot provide now.

Ok well, sorry but as far as iv tried to search for u, it seems that phone is hard bricked, and i did not see any instance of it being unbricked.

i suspect that you were not told the truth about what really happened to it.

but for what its worth, you prolly do need to get another fone, that fone is really old!! it came with android 1.5!!! or is it not this one?: http://www.gsmarena.com/t_mobile_mytouch_3g-2848.php
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Donlokobanty(m): 9:31pm On Jul 09, 2012
Can i use airtel bis for android?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 09, 2012
Yup. U cn
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by BlackBaron: 10:06pm On Jul 09, 2012
Just one question...What exactly is the use of Nexus Q?
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by whoelse(m): 11:34pm On Jul 09, 2012
BlackBaron: Just one question...What exactly is the use of Nexus Q?

For bragging rights I guess. Seems like crap.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by na2day(m): 4:10am On Jul 10, 2012
[size=13pt]It's Alive! Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) source code now available[/size]

Source code for Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) has been released. We’re sure many of you will be downloading the new Android 4.1.1_r1 files simply to poke around, but CyanogenMod and countless other Android development groups around the globe will be spending countless hours pouring over every last line of code to see what changes will need to be made to integrate Jelly Bean into their existing code base.

Along with Android 4.1, Google has also released the proprietary binaries for the Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Code for the “Nexus S and Xoom will follow.”

The CyanogenMod team has already predicted a quick turnaround with Android 4.1; let’s just hope they can keep their word. We’re still trying to decide which new Android 4.1 features we’re most excited about. Google Now definitely got the most buzz at I/O, but we think Project Butter will have more impact on users.

What are your thoughts? Will you be waiting for a full CM10 build for your device? Or will you be lurking on your favorite development forum, flashing dozens of half-baked ROMs as soon as they’re posted? grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by na2day(m): 4:12am On Jul 10, 2012
HP Touchpad! please grin
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by puskin: 7:50am On Jul 10, 2012
na2day!:

What are your thoughts? Will you be waiting for a full CM10 build for your device? Or will you be lurking on your favorite development forum, flashing dozens of half-baked ROMs as soon as they’re posted? grin

Its not bad to be flashing ROMs-in-development nah.......@least u dey contribute ur own quota.....beta testing.
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by lynxnoon(m): 10:52am On Jul 10, 2012
am really pissed with this android Fragmentation rubbish
most eligible devices are yet to have ICS and JB source code is already out?!
Even CM9 is not fully complete and the next tin is ,,, we now have to start working on and waiting for CM10 to be released.
tscheew
Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by BlackBaron: 6:51pm On Jul 10, 2012
You guys seen the latest android project called 'Ouya' ?

Meant to be an ambitious new game console for the TV, powered by Android. Currently on Kickstarter.com, its raking in an astonishing $3000 a minute!
Is tis the next Big Thing ?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/appsblog/2012/jul/10/ouya-android-games-console-kickstarter

1 Like

Re: Android, Anyone? Part II by notababa: 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
BlackBaron: Just one question...What exactly is the use of Nexus Q?

Google's very poor attempt at an Apple TV killer. Big fan of the big G but Nexus Q is just too limited. Can't stream Hulu/Netflix. Only YouTube/Google Play videos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (601) (Reply)

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.