Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,178 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Would You Marry In Another Country? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry In Another Country? (5809 Views)

Build Your Career In Your 20s And Marry In Your 30s - Wendy Williams / Why Marry In The First Place When You Know? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry In Another Country? by AzaMontana(f): 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2012
If you were abroad would you consider marrying a guy / girl from that country or you would prefer going back home to marry. Please give reasons for your answer? Also tell me what you would do when time came for you to come back home.Would you leave your spouse or return with them. Whether you are a man or a woman answer me having your gender in mind.
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by luckgames(m): 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2012
Aza Montana: If you were abroad would you consider marrying a guy / girl from that country or you would prefer going back home to marry. Please give reasons for your answer? Also tell me what you would do when time came for you to come back home.Would you leave your spouse or return with them. Whether you are a man or a woman answer me having your gender in mind.

If I have to do it
Will marry any woman that make me happy
Sorry no going back to Nigeria to marry

3 Likes

Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by AzaMontana(f): 2:02pm On Jun 27, 2012
Then would you expect her to follow you back to 9ja when you decide to go come back home or would you stay in that country forver just for the sake of a happy family?

luckgames:

If I have to do it
Will marry any woman that make me happy
Sorry no going back to Nigeria to marry
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by luckgames(m): 2:22pm On Jun 27, 2012
Aza Montana: Then would you expect her to follow you back to 9ja when you decide to go come back home or would you stay in that country forver just for the sake of a happy family?

I am not sure but I will not completely live in Nigeria
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by Gloriagee(f): 2:40pm On Jun 27, 2012
My marital decision would be based on love and long term compatibility grin I'm also of the opinion that marriage is bout tolerance and compromise so where to live would be ajoint decision btw my boo n I. I've seen instances of location n distance break up relationships so I'm being real wen I think ds should be sorted out be4 marriage. I also believe in seeking God's will - the steps of a good man r ordered by God (Ps 37:23) cool

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 27, 2012
what's the biggie in that?
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by AzaMontana(f): 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2012
You mean to tell me this is not important to you? This thought has never crossed your mind?
joeydozzy: what's the biggie in that?
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by AzaMontana(f): 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2012
and when you want to retire? you dont wana retire home?

luckgames:
I am not sure but I will not completely live in Nigeria
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by MrsChima(f): 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2012
I am staying in USA.
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by claremont(m): 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2012
No going back to Nigeria at all at all, I dey kampe for UK grin. I will live, marry, have a family, and die here. There are good and bad ladies everywhere regardless of culture.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by tpia5: 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2012
^when britons themselves do not make similar statements, i wonder wetin come be your own.

Brits have one of the highest emigration rates in the world.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by AzaMontana(f): 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2012
Would you not want to die at the place of your birth?
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by tpia5: 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2012
See now.

Gosh, why are nigerians always so gullible.

Somebody will open a thread and you'll be falling all over yourselves to impress the person.
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by Omolola1(f): 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2012
we'd choose the location that is favourable to us
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2012
Aza Montana: You mean to tell me this is not important to you? This thought has never crossed your mind?

I'm not saying it hasn't. though it is a problem, its not really a major disaster looking at it. if I love someone with all my will and she and I are over there, that doesn't really mean its a big deal. the parents would want it here but will be happy nonetheless about your decision in your marriage not the location or place. it wouldn't even bother me that much so far I got her that's what counts
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by omega25red(m): 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2012
Aza Montana: Then would you expect her to follow you back to 9ja when you decide to go come back home or would you stay in that country forver just for the sake of a happy family?

what is wrong with being happy and having a happy family?

personally i wouldn't hide my culture from the woman i marry and when im on my way home it is her decision if she wants to come with
Aza Montana: and when you want to retire? you dont wana retire home?

who says retirement means going back home? honestly this day and age retirment is based on where you find peace of mind and where you can afford to live comfortably and nothing more.

Aza Montana: Would you not want to die at the place of your birth?
LMAO this is your funniest post. So you plan to die in Nigeria abi? so if you went on business to u.k and they kill you there then what? i mean come on this world is bigger than you neighborhood or your home town

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2012
E-diot @ tpia.. But mrs. Poster why dis question and ans stuff
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by tpia5: 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2012
^^i'll blame that on your weed induced personality.
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by claremont(m): 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2012
Aza Montana: Would you not want to die at the place of your birth?
Apparently, the nature of my job means that I could die anywhere in the world. I don't understand why I would want to die at the place of my birth, does that give me extra privileges in the life after (if there is one)?

Back to topic, my "home" is where I have peace of mind to eat, drink, smoke, and safely cavort with ladies of easy virtue without looking over my back. I enjoy all these where I'm at the moment; therefore, I dey kampe till thy kingdom come! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
Marrying from another country is fine so long u love and respect each other, but pls pple shud go die in their own countries
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by Freiburger(m): 6:28pm On Jun 27, 2012
sosoluv: Marrying from another country is fine so long u love and respect each other, but pls pple shud go die in their own countries
And what makes you think it is a must people must die in their own country?
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by AzaMontana(f): 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2012
Excuse u

tpia@:
^^i'll blame that on your weed induced personality.
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by AzaMontana(f): 7:18pm On Jun 27, 2012
Sorry do u have a problem?wats wrobg wit u? R u not nigerian?if you dnt wana take part in da discussion jst stay away plz instead of behaving like a bushman jidiot
tpia@:
See now.

Somebody will open a thread and you'll be falling all over yourselves to impress the person.
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 27, 2012
Freiburger:
And what makes you think it is a must people must die in their own country?
its enough to over-populate other countries...now u want to take over their cemeteries too
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by AzaMontana(f): 7:36pm On Jun 27, 2012
I am just worried abt wat da future hOlds dats all
bennyraz: E-diot @ tpia.. But mrs. Poster why dis question and ans stuff
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by Abeggi(m): 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2012
The funny thing is, even if you marry a Nigerian woman either abroad or back home, should you decide to move back home in the future, there is no guarantee that she will agree to.
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by AzaMontana(f): 9:08pm On Jun 27, 2012
Wateva u do in yo life neva put down yo own kind. R u nt proud of who u r•

tpia@:
See now.

Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by pendo89(f): 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
I am staying in USA.

LOL!! grin grin grin
@ op.I am moving to libya soon.Love knows no boundaries. smiley
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by MacLovington(m): 9:16pm On Jun 29, 2012
Aza Montana: If you were abroad would you consider marrying a guy / girl from that country or you would prefer going back home to marry. Please give reasons for your answer? Also tell me what you would do when time came for you to come back home.Would you leave your spouse or return with them. Whether you are a man or a woman answer me having your gender in mind.

@ Poster,

It's a tricky one. It varies. As a very young man (and lover of science) I literally took the expression "unlike poles attract". My girlfriends were usually caucasians. I even got engaged. But I always had some concerns about the future. What happens in 35 years time when my bones may not fancy cold weather any more? Can I return home to become an elder/Mazi? What about kids' cultural identity?

I began to also evaluate the lack of acceptance by gf's family. Some may say "love conquers" but there are always ups and downs. We need our families to encourage us NOT wish that you split with your spouse because they never liked his skin colour anyway.
I said WTF- people just expect the worst of me and hate me for my skin colour? After my fiancee visited her friends/relatives, she would ask me some very stereotypical questions (maybe trying to dispel doubts) but I was fed up with all that.

Conscious of my responsibilities as a male child, I could not sire children that I may not see in the future as it's common post-divorce. The ex-wife can frustrate your efforts to have a role in your kids' lives.

For some it works perfectly but more often than not it doesn't long term, say 30, 40 years on.
It might be easier for a lady, since wherever she marries is her home.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by 190: 10:00pm On Jun 29, 2012
marrying that white girl back in nigeria is my dream cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by onila(f): 10:52am On Jun 30, 2012
naa Naija 4 life!

getting married 2 my edo prince
Re: Would You Marry In Another Country? by hugooh42(m): 10:54am On Jun 30, 2012
Interesting thread. I'm in the same dilema. Please keep the responses coming.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does A Girl Look Out 4 In A Guy??.... / Woman Surrounded By Her Exes On Her Birthday (Photos) / See The Photos A South African Woman Posted On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.