Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,023 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:37 AM

Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? (8883 Views)

Happy 61 Birthday To Pastor David Oyedepo / Compare The Look Of Pastor David Oyedepo & His Wife Years Ago & Now (Photo) / Hurray! Pastor David Oyedepo (jnr) Wedding Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? by FlyboyZee: 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2012
While listening to Pastor David Wale Feso's preaching this morning from 9.45 am to 10.00 am, I realized that the man is just full of crap.

1. This morning he sermonized that all Bayelsa and Ijaw babes just pack their bags and rush into a man's house as soon as the man toasts her. This is a big fat lie he is telling. Whoever gave him that information is full of lies and a son of the devil and so also is the propagator of the myth. I have lived all around Nigeria and can tell you categorically that such behaviour is not perculiar to any one tribe in the country. If I'm lying let anyone that as lived elsewhere in Nigeria prove me wrong. While I was in Lagos, I had to form quarrel with a lot of Yoruba and Igbo girls that insisted on moving into my house just because we had a fling.

2. He said the Ijaws are matriarchal in nature. This also is another big fat lie from a loud-mouthed man that could fool a lot of people to pay for radio time for him to propagate his crapish messages. The Ijaws I repeat are NOT MATRIARCHAL but PATRIARCHAL in nature. They bear their father's names and are indigent to their father's side. But, however, if one chooses to identify with his mother's people no one will object to that. I know this practice is not peculiar to just the Ijaws, it is common everywhere and not just in Nigeria. Now, how on earth does that translate to being matriarchal.

3. I don't think it is right for any preacher to use a whole tribe as an example during his or her sermons, especially when it has got to do with unfounded truths and wrong notions, even moreso in Nigeria, where tribal affiliations and linkages are very closely guarded, irrespective of religion. I wish to appeal to Mr David Feso to please divulge himself from such and desist from such habits as his sermon this morning was ill-conceived, judgmental and in bad faith. He should rather restrict himself to his con business as a wordsmith rather than picking on tribes for unsolicited insults.

Dear Nairalanders, I would like all those who listened to the sermon this morning to bare their minds on this one. Note that today, he is insulting the Ijaws, tomorrow, he could be insulting your tribe. As the saying goes, What is good for the geese is good for the gander and also bear in mind that a stitch in time saves nine. Please, don't come here saying "touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm".
Re: Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2012
Who is He?
Re: Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? by tpia5: 5:16am On Jun 28, 2012
While I was in Lagos, I had to form quarrel with a lot of Yoruba and Igbo girls that insisted on moving into my house just because we had a fling.

fling meaning what?

s.ex?
Re: Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? by tpia5: 5:18am On Jun 28, 2012
I don't think it is right for any preacher to use a whole tribe as an example during his or her sermons, especially when it has got to do with unfounded truths and wrong notions, even moreso in Nigeria, where tribal affiliations and linkages are very closely guarded, irrespective of religion

the bolded is a sensitive matter no doubt but bear in mind every tribe has its good and bad side.

what is needed sometimes is to rebuke the erring christian in a spirit of love.

but i see your point.

lord have mercy.

1 Like

Re: Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? by tpia5: 5:19am On Jun 28, 2012
having said all that, who is the preacher?

maybe he's tired of being chased by the opposite s.ex because women's desperation no get equal these days.
Re: Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? by marah1: 10:03pm On Aug 13, 2014
Nobody is above mistakes hence you should have made ur corrections without strong words...or maybe you are just jealous cause he is so young and he's impacting lives while you are getting old and have not been of relevance to anyone. Well if that is the case I advice you find ur pathway in life instead of these unnecessary sentimential judgements becaus at the end of the day critics don't count but campions irrespective of the errors and blame you pin on them count.

1 Like

Re: Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? by lastmessenger: 10:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
First time to hear profession reffered to as wordsmith
Re: Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? by FlyboyZee: 7:35am On Sep 05, 2014
marah1: Nobody is above mistakes hence you should have made ur corrections without strong words...or maybe you are just jealous cause he is so young and he's impacting lives while you are getting old and have not been of relevance to anyone. Well if that is the case I advice you find ur pathway in life instead of these unnecessary sentimential judgements becaus at the end of the day critics don't count but campions irrespective of the errors and blame you pin on them count.
I am also young and living a fulfilled life as it stands. I am a Champion in my own rights and neighbourhood, ever heard of the phrase 'Local Champion' before? I have also impacted on lives who are grateful to God for creating a mortal like me. So, please, don't come online and tell me ish like you know jack. I am not an Aasslicker and because I am made after the Image and likeness of God, I am also a god in my own rights, but if you are not, well thats your own kettle of fish.

... And now, back to the topic...
I already stated my griviences subtly. I listen to his programme out of my own volition without coercion. My take is that, if he had done that is sermon using the Igbos for an example in like manner, you won't be here sounding off like hell. All I am saying is that ETHNOCENTRICISM IS RIFE IN NIGERIA and Wordsmiths should be wary of what they say and how they say it, especially if they are reffering to tribes other than theirs. I hope you understand that this preacher has never said and won't say anything about the Yoruba tribe he hails from, even when we know otherwise.
Re: Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? by FlyboyZee: 8:07am On Sep 05, 2014
lastmessenger: First time to hear profession reffered to as wordsmith
Yes, that is a word I coined to refer to sweet talking operators who put words together for the purpose of bamboozling their listeners and holding them in awe as they listen to the ramblings. And almost all Nigerian Pastors are Wordsmiths except for a few who use miracles to hoodwink their audiences (sheeples).
Re: Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? by JPpresh406(m): 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2014
guy go sleep
Re: Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? by tpiah2: 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
Op shouldn't you be addressing this matter of your constant "flings" and illicit sex while you claim to be christian? ( I assume).

The way you are proudly boasting of those, is not good, unless you no be christian sha.

Or did you just say hi and the women assumed its a relationship?
Re: Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? by tpiah2: 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2014
I googled the pastor , and he's very handsome. Maybe that's why women are having crushes on him. He needs to go and marry if he's still a bachelor.
Re: Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? by Atigba: 1:40pm On Dec 04, 2014
@op
I do listen to his programs sometimes on royal fm

I think is inappropriate to speak negatively about a
particular tribe while preaching but again

The truth must be told your people need orientation especially the young once

That issue of a girl staying with a man without paying bribe price is very true

Not only that an average ijaw girl can born for 5 different men and not live with any of them.

Sorry am not trying to speak negative about your people but that is what i observed.

I applaud pastor David wale for coming out on air to say the truth since the elders in the land has failed.

Since their parents can't teach their children the right thing to do.

I have lived in so many states in this country,I can confidently say your people are the most uncultured Have ever come across.

You will see some one bearing California, green,millonian, stone,Russia etc

Not their name ooooo undecided I mean surname

1 Like

Re: Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? by FlyboyZee: 4:55pm On Feb 07, 2015
Atigba:
@op
I do listen to his programs sometimes on royal fm

I think is inappropriate to speak negatively about a
particular tribe while preaching but again

The truth must be told your people need orientation especially the young once

That issue of a girl staying with a man without paying bribe price is very true

Not only that an average ijaw girl can born for 5 different men and not live with any of them.

Sorry am not trying to speak negative about your people but that is what i observed.

I applaud pastor David wale for coming out on air to say the truth since the elders in the land has failed.

Since their parents can't teach their children the right thing to do.

I have lived in so many states in this country,I can confidently say your people are the most uncultured Have ever come across.

You will see some one bearing California, green,millonian, stone,Russia etc

Not their name ooooo undecided I mean surname

Like I said in my OP, what you've stated is not limited to the Ijaws alone. I guess you must be a Yoruba guy who is naturally ethnocentric and generally use their own standards to judge other people, so I don't really blame you for your comment...
Re: Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? by FlyboyZee: 5:11pm On Feb 07, 2015
tpiah2:
I googled the pastor , and he's very handsome. Maybe that's why women are having crushes on him. He needs to go and marry if he's still a bachelor.

He is not just handsome, he is also young, rich, has a very sexy voice and tone and whips around town in cool SUVs. Abeg, tell me which babe no wan kolobi that kind man?
Re: Pastor David Wale Feso: What has the Ijaws done to You? by FlyboyZee: 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2015
tpiah2:
Op shouldn't you be addressing this matter of your constant "flings" and illicit sex while you claim to be christian? ( I assume).

The way you are proudly boasting of those, is not good, unless you no be christian sha.

Or did you just say hi and the women assumed its a relationship?
That was then when my blood was hot and on fire. I'm married and settled now sha.
All I was trying to say is that what Wale Feso said is not limited to any one tribe. It is a manifestation of youthful exuberance that cuts across all ethnic groups and as such it ain't right for him to ascribe it to just the Ijaws. Moreover, the Ijaws are patrilinear and not matrilineal as he posited...

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Church To Launch TV Station In Abuja / Trinitarians - Is there One Throne In Heaven Or Three ? / The Significance Of Ash Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.