Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Anyone Been To Dubai? Tips Please! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Been To Dubai? Tips Please! (899 Views)

My Journey From Nigeria To Dubai With Pictures / China Post Graduate Student Visa Useful Tips Please / Travelling To China; Tips Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Been To Dubai? Tips Please! by Piddo(m): 4:13pm On Nov 29, 2007
Hi there,

I plan on visiting Dubai early january (for roughly 2 weeks) with the wife and 2 yr old son. On a modest budget, what is the best advise you can give regarding accomodation and local transporation? I know I can get information on the web but nothing beats tips from someone who's had a first hand experience.

Thanks,
Re: Anyone Been To Dubai? Tips Please! by almondjoy(f): 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2007
Get in touch with an agent. They usually work with your budget and will be responsible for your arranging your accomodation and transportation while you are there--right from the airport. You can never go wrong with an agent. There are many honest Nigerian agents in Dubai.

Goodluck!---Sorry I can't give you mine! kiss
Re: Anyone Been To Dubai? Tips Please! by Piddo(m): 7:43am On Nov 30, 2007
Thanks Almondjoy, but any reason why you cannot refer me to your agent?
Re: Anyone Been To Dubai? Tips Please! by darkroll(m): 9:17am On Nov 30, 2007
As soos as you get to the airport , u will find a help corner , jus stop by there , tell them your budget , they will work something out for you and your family .

Each time i go to dubai , thats what i do . and there are so many honest agent in dubai
Re: Anyone Been To Dubai? Tips Please! by khar: 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2007
Hi
I guess by now,u know Dubai is a very beautiful place.
I was in Dubai in September and i must tell u, i did not regret my going there,now i look forward to visiting again in March 2008.
Talking about accommodation, you have to decide on what u want.I stayed in a 2 star hotel in Deira, which is a very good place.I got a very good deal on that hotel.the deal i got was so cool that it wasnt only bed and breakfast,but lunch(buffet) inclussive and was very cheap.At that time i spent 11nights and paid $56/night for a double room(i gues dat a very good one).With that all i had to worry about was dinner.
Right now the same hotel goes for about $94/night for a double room (buffet breakfast and lunch inclussive) till 26th of January.
Yes u have to go through an agent if u want to get a good deal.

Also about transportation, pls do not take private taxis, cos they are more expensive.U'll always find meter taxis which are alot cheaper.they start billing from 3.5Dirhams.When you get to the airport, also dont take a branded airport taxi(also dead expensive).I have a taxi guy i used while i was there, if u are interested i could give u his contact.

Guy i believe i hav tried on this.If u really are interested, you can call me on 08033265867.
There's a lot to know about Dubai.

Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Business Trips: Stay Away From British Airways / Okadas And Pedestrians (blessing Or Curse) / Refused Visa With No Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.