Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon (16782 Views)

Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles / Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments / Greek Athlete Thrown Out Over Racist Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 01, 2012
Choi! He is a ghanaian? :8 never knew o. No wonder he is so fugly cheesy
AVERAGE GHANAIANS ARE SHORT AND UGLY.
This is not an exeption cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by hakeem4shi(m): 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2012
monkeyleg: Yet another go at Black people. I am just sick of this nonsense, even in 2012 we still have rubbish like this going on. We as a race need to get our act together and understand there is strength in number

The cartoon was published after their game with England,the newspaper has apologized. But to be honest wit ourselves, racism is multifaceted ,we blacks themselves abuse one another in one way or the other that sends wrong signals to the outside world,and wen they abuse us,we come out to condemn it while we are not helping ourselves either. We must change our thinking about race,ethnic believe and our culture in other to earn respect from outside.
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by amosy007: 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2012
9jadelta: Choi! He is a ghanaian? :8 never knew o. No wonder he is so fugly cheesy

Opps that's harsh angry grin
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 01, 2012
racism is bad but he would have developed a thick skin in dealing with stuffs like that. He grew up in Europe, so he would have experienced worse racist taunt. I remember there was a BBC documentary with regards to racism in Poland and Ukraine. Some black dutch players were even booed during a training session in preparation for a match. He just as to keep his head up and shut up the ignorant racist mutherf*ckers by sinking Spain tonight.
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2012
maclatunji: That his second goal against Germany is perhaps the most clinical piece of finishing I have seen in a very long time.
That is one reason they want to kill his spirit before the match against Spain despite the fact that he's playing in the Italian squad. They wanted such goal scored by one of the whites.
I want him to play with anger today and shock them the more and after this tourney, he should sue that newspaper for libel.
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by djfiifi(m): 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2012
9jadelta: Choi! He is a ghanaian? :8 never knew o. No wonder he is so fugly cheesy

Yes,an average Ghanaian is short and ugly but better than an average Nigeria.An average Nigerian is ugly,short,pot bellied,big lips with bleached skin.
AMEN
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by ochukoccna: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2012
Sue the paper
Give the damages money to charity
But seeing his abs, his groupie tribe just swelled cool cool cool cool
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by Limaoscar: 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2012
The cartoonist involve in this is silly and a person!!! Nothing do you my guy Balo Nwa mama!!!!

Go Ballo!!!!!

Choi!!...see Sagamite pikin o!
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by demicee200: 6:17pm On Jul 01, 2012
hi
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by lastpage: 6:22pm On Jul 01, 2012
edicolove:

Racism is not limited to whites. Anyone can be a racist. Trying to make racism a white thing I think is not right and won't end it. It is a human problem, not a white problem. The kind of "racism" you find here on NL is far terrible. The difference is that we have the same skin colour so we call it tribalism instead. But the same principle of "am more superior to you" applies.
Stop being an "ignorant Apologist"!
There is a wide difference between "Tribalism" and "Racism"....even the two words are "self-descriptive" enough!

---When "discrimination" is based on your RACE, especially your SKIN COLOR....====> RACISM
---When "discrimination" is based on your TRIBE.....===> TRIBALISM
The "key point" here, is to look out for "the reason" for the discrimination!

You cant be "racist" to one of your own race, going by the definition of racism itself.....it is "race" for gawd sake! angry angry

BTW: I dont think you've ever lived abroad before?
When you have lived abroad (as a "black/brown skinned person) on a permanent basis for like two or three years, (not short holidays, mind you)
Then come back here and lets see if you will still be making excuses for a "shameful disposition" towards another human being.

Like "Olodostein" puts it, a white person who is "racist", will always be racist, irrespective of whether you put your head on a platter for him!

If you doubt me, GO AND ASK OBAMA.....of the "He dont look like us, he dont speak like us, he dont even smell like us" fame! shocked shocked grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by Finland(m): 6:25pm On Jul 01, 2012
But if we really look at his closely..... lipsrsealed
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by lastpage: 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2012
^^^^^Pirlo is another Italian player that has played well in this tournament.

Question: Can they (the Newspaper) or would they have drawn Pirlo as "an Ape" clinging to Big Ben, to show that he dominated England or whatever other excuses that can be manufactured for this inexcusable cartoon?

Any intelligent cartoonist would be "sensitive" to the fact that "being black" and being portrayed as a "savage Ape" in the same breath IS BAD TASTE and UNREFINED!

Lastpage!
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by maclatunji: 6:32pm On Jul 01, 2012
edicolove:

How are spain the best team in the world? Because fifa and the spain loving media say so? The are not even the fourth best team in this tournament. And they were not the best team in the last world cup with their scrappy 1:0 wins.

cheesy
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by olaadegoke(m): 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2012

Were you sleeping when you typed above ?...We are our worse enemy not the white folks..
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by solomon111(m): 6:39pm On Jul 01, 2012
djfiifi:

Yes,an average Ghanaian is short and ugly but better than an average Nigeria.An average Nigerian is ugly,short,pot bellied,big lips with bleached skin.
AMEN
Are you sure?
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by Rycedee(m): 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2012
Balotelli deserves more credit than what he gets of recent.he is jst frustrated,i dnt blame him at all 4 the king kong pose!
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by cap28: 7:19pm On Jul 01, 2012
well its obvious that despite his impressive track record, italian name and his preference for european women the europeans still have no respect for him , i dont really have much sympathy for some of these black footballers as they love identifying with europeans more than their own people, its only when they get the nigger wake up call that you see them remembering that they are black. Italians are very racist people and unlike the english cant be bothered to hide it so i guess he's going to have to get used to their abuse.
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by queensmith: 7:31pm On Jul 01, 2012
This is really pissing me off, and racism in football is overlooked because it seems football fans are insensitive. I'm sorry whether or not football is a barbaric sport there should be no room for racism in a popular sport, millions of children are emulating thse football players. they get paid millions and millions of pounds, they should not allow racism for one minute in their careers.

People were debating over John Terry's comments, what the hell are you debating? You call someone a black cunt? How racist can you get??

I think they need to set up an independent association for ethnic minorities within football and other sports, one with the authority to boycott players and games, they need to take aggressive action with this. If the media can continue with these remarks (and this is nothing compared to the rubbish I've seen in British tabloids) then it means we are definitely not working hard enough to stamp out racism.

The same goes for racism and sexism in science, this is the 21st century and quite frankly i'm just tired. I am a black woman, why should that be a bad thing? I'm tired of spending every single moment defending myself and my position in life. It's tiring.
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by Cusubaba(m): 7:34pm On Jul 01, 2012
djfiifi:

Yes,an average Ghanaian is short and ugly but better than an average Nigeria.An average Nigerian is ugly,short,pot bellied,big lips with bleached skinAMEN
Look at dis bastard, go and ask ur Ghanaian girls why they go crazy about Nigerian guys. Am not rich but I have Bleep not less than 95 ghanaian girls and am tired of eating their money. The one am fucking now is a nurse and she called me 100 times a day. She is giving half of her salary every month. she told me dat ghanaian men have short penis and they are not good in bed. She said am handsome with long penis and am good in bed.

1 Like

Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by djfiifi(m): 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2012
Cusubaba: Look at dis bastard, go and ask ur Ghanaian girls why they go crazy about Nigerian guys. Am not rich but I have Bleep not less than 95 ghanaian girls and am tired of eating their money. The one am fucking now is a nurse and she called me 100 times a day. She is giving half of her salary every month. she told me dat ghanaian men have short penis and they are not good in bed. She said am handsome with long penis and am good in bed.

Keep on hallucinating,your supposed nurse never exist and if she does,you are simply her sex slave (bonking for few coins).Lazy man get some job and stop being dushbag cos its not an achievement but foolishness.
Anyway,my wife is a Nigerian from Kwara state
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2012
JUDGEMENT:ITALY WOULD LOOSE TONITE.

1 Like

Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by ACM10: 9:32pm On Jul 01, 2012
Poor Balloteli. . .he's made to carry the aspiration of the whole Italians on his small shoulder. Yet they are taunting him with racist remarks
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by Cusubaba(m): 10:26pm On Jul 01, 2012
djfiifi:

Keep on hallucinating,your supposed nurse never exist and if she does,you are simply her sex slave (bonking for few coins).Lazy man get some job and stop being dushbag cos its not an achievement but foolishness.
Anyway,my wife is a Nigerian from Kwara state
ur ugly animal, am not rich does not mean i have no work doing. Listen am enginer by profession, and currently working with Access bank in T amale. But i can't bleep ugly ghanaian girls for free because am their superior. But i can spend my money and the money am getting from ugly ghanaian girls to Ivorian, liberian or nigerian girls. God forbid bad thing, I can never love a ghanaian girl but i will bleep and dump her. The name of the nurse am talking about is Yvonne Akoto, she from Ejiso kumasi. She work at Kst hospital, bantema, kumasi.

2 Likes

Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by ACM10: 10:55pm On Jul 01, 2012
Cusubaba: ur ugly animal, am not rich does not mean i have no work doing. Listen am enginer by profession, and currently working with Access bank in T amale. But i can't bleep ugly ghanaian girls for free because am their superior. But i can spend my money and the money am getting from ugly ghanaian girls to Ivorian, liberian or nigerian girls. God forbid bad thing, I can never love a ghanaian girl but i will bleep and dump her. The name of the nurse am talking about is Yvonne Akoto, she from Ejiso kumasi. She work at Kst hospital, bantema, kumasi.

Ol boy! u bad o grin Your own case is a severe form of kiss and tell. You went ahead to list all the chic data. Well we all love such stories. grin Anyway I looked her up on facebook and came up with this chic as the one who is remotely close to your description.

facebook.com/yvonne.akotoamoakohene

Yvonne Akoto Amoakohene
Is she the one? cheesy
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by horny4u(f): 11:05pm On Jul 01, 2012

I hate it when Ugly people ...call some one else ugly....LOW IT man ...low it!!!
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by maclatunji: 11:06pm On Jul 01, 2012
edicolove:

How are spain the best team in the world? Because fifa and the spain loving media say so? The are not even the fourth best team in this tournament. And they were not the best team in the last world cup with their scrappy 1:0 wins.

Ehen, what were you saying about Spain not being the best team in the world? Please, tell me more.
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by horny4u(f): 11:25pm On Jul 01, 2012
maclatunji:

Ehen, what were you saying about Spain not being the best team in the world? Please, tell me more.

Too late now grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 : NIL is no joke.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Action speaks louder than post.
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by maclatunji: 11:56pm On Jul 01, 2012
horny4u:

Too late now grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 : NIL is no joke.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Action speaks louder than post.

Oh no, it's never too late to get a lecture from a football aficionado.
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by queensmith: 12:01am On Jul 02, 2012
so the guy is ghanian? why isnt he playing for ghana. . . the black stars lost out on one of the best players in the world meeehn... . . . .
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 02, 2012
edicolove:

The problem with humans is there is never a balance. I have seen the cartton and don't see anything racist there. King kong is a dominating force, not a shameful representation. I can understand some people might be sensitive because of their environment but I think we might find ourselves taking some things too far. As much as racism exist, we must not get into paranoia. I don't think the Italian media after such a match would want to throw something racist at Balotelli. He was a hero that night. I just think the world in an attempt to leave one exreme is sliding into another extreme.
king kong is a gorrila,and a general description of africans by the western press has been any specie of the monkey race i.e baboon,monkey, gorilla,chimpanzee,so when a certain black player who has been told to his face that no black man is ever an italian,who has been described as the dark sin of the italian team gets depicted as a gorilla,put things together and see where its going to
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by ACM10: 12:04am On Jul 02, 2012
queensmith: so the guy is ghanian? why isnt he playing for ghana. . . the black stars lost out on one of the best players in the world meeehn... . . . .

He was adopted by an Italian family(Balloteli) during his infancy. So he's a bonafide Italian and can not play for Ghana
Re: Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon by queensmith: 12:38am On Jul 02, 2012
ACM10:

He was adopted by an Italian family(Balloteli) during his infancy. So he's a bonafide Italian and can not play for Ghana

He's ghanian by ethnicity? doesnt that count? He probably didnt want to. and see now the italians are disrespecting him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WEEK 18 SURE Bankers Draw 3,13.... / Bruno Fernandes Awarded Man United's Player Of The Year / Edo 2021: Eke Kalu Scorpion Wins Gold Medal For Abia In Shot Put (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.