Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa (37412 Views)

2014 Batch C Corps Members Posted To jigawa State / batch 2013 corpers posted to Jigawa let's meet here. / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by Forester45(m): 11:00am On Jun 28, 2012
Please what is the fate of corpers posted to Jigawa state? How safe is the state? Pls help let me know. Thanks
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 28, 2012
Forester45: Please what is the fate of corpers posted to Jigawa state? How safe is the state? Pls help let me know. Thanks

its very safe (to the best of my knowledge). Since i came, ave nt heard of any chaos (except for the surrounding states). If u have any oda questions, am at ur service

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by segiwest(m): 4:48pm On Jun 28, 2012
Pls drop d direction to d camp 4rm lagos.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 28, 2012
segiwest: Pls drop d direction to d camp 4rm lagos.

Take a bus going to kano either from iddo (oyingbo) or maza maza. When u get to their park in sabon-gari, kano, take a bike to wombai or better still, ask people around. Tell them u are looking 4 a bus to dutse. When u get to d wombai, make sure u let d driver of d bus u want to board dat u are going to fanisau pronounced "panisau". He might nt understand english so look for an interpreter. Besides u won't be alone, other corpers like u wud be there also. The camp is along d road opposite an army barracks. U can't miss it. Buh dat wud be after almost a 2hr drive.
If ur going by air, when u get to aminu kano airport, u can take a cab to camp or take a bike to wombai and every oda thing remains d same. If u need further assistance i'll help

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by heavylaro: 10:17am On Jun 29, 2012
thanks. Boss could u please tell us what its like to serve in Jigawa state....I mean what's the experience like? I will be coming there from PH on Monday,like how many hours do u think it will take me
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2012
heavylaro: thanks. Boss could u please tell us what its like to serve in Jigawa state....I mean what's the experience like? I will be coming there from PH on Monday,like how many hours do u think it will take me

it should take you about 15hrs or even more. To be sincere its nt all dat easy. The camp is actually okay in comparison with camps around d country. My batch was d 1st to use it so u guys wud be d 2nd. Dust in camp is something else so arm urself with a facemask (u can get it in camp). The weather can be funny so brace up! Lots of flies also.
The state is 85% rural so prepare to teach whether ur going to be in the town or village. Life in d village allows u to save. Dats d advantage.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by segiwest(m): 4:37pm On Jun 29, 2012
Tnx man... U da bomb... Jigawa ere i come..
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by segiwest(m): 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2012
Pls like wht time do they move 4rm Iddo, do i need to make bookings also wht is d time frame 4rm lagos.. Tnx a mill...
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by Forester45(m): 4:54pm On Jun 29, 2012
Thanks my good friend for ur concern. Pls one more question. What abt d route to Jigawa? Is it not Kano, Yobe & Kaduna that have been experiencing gun battle and curfews?? Pls put me tru. Still on safety please.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by cuteyangel(f): 8:34pm On Jun 29, 2012
Δ camp is d best camp in naija.its neat,comfy,secures.jigawa is a̶̲̥̅̊ veri peaceful state.u wil cum τ̅☺ love it.jst make sure u get dem to post U̶̲̥̅̊ τ̅☺ dutse

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by cuteyangel(f): 8:37pm On Jun 29, 2012
Dis pix is an overview σғ d hostel
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 29, 2012
segiwest: Pls like wht time do they move 4rm Iddo, do i need to make bookings also wht is d time frame 4rm lagos.. Tnx a mill...

Officially its 2pm. Buh they end up moving from 4pm. But with the kaduna curfew, i dunno whether they will still operate night buses. So i feel u shud go and make enquiry. On the average, its also abt 15hrs or more depending on the driver' s speed.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 29, 2012
Forester45: Thanks my good friend for ur concern. Pls one more question. What abt d route to Jigawa? Is it not Kano, Yobe & Kaduna that have been experiencing gun battle and curfews?? Pls put me tru. Still on safety please.

The route is Abuja-kaduna-kano-jigawa. Yobe is just a neighbouring state. As per kaduna, i don't knw much abt the curfew. As per kano, the place u wud stop is very safe. See, the truth is u really don't have any biz with those states. U'll just spend few hrs passing. Don't be scared, nothing wud happen. Remember safety is of God. If its nt ur time, its nt ur time. Or are u planning to make trouble in those states? Relax man!

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 29, 2012
cuteyangel: Dis pix is an overview σғ d hostel

thats the female hostel
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by sweetrie(f): 12:32am On Jun 30, 2012
pls can u give me directions to adamawa camp from lagos?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by Nedu31(m): 5:55am On Jun 30, 2012
Pls i was posted to jigawa state i want to redeployed,what are the procedure?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 30, 2012
sweetrie: pls can u give me directions to adamawa camp from lagos?

i have no idea. Rally round n ask
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 30, 2012
Nedu31: Pls i was posted to jigawa state i want to redeployed,what are the procedure?

thats quite tough buh if u have long legs in abuja its possible. Better still take a medical report or marriage certificate (for the ladies) to camp and apply. It may or may not work
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by Macchiavelli(m): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2012
please let's c the picture of the male hostel since that's the female hostel
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by MarioHeaven(m): 5:02pm On Jun 30, 2012
The best place 2 enter motor 2 jigawa. Wen u get 2 sabongari luxry park, u mite c cars goin 2 jigawa. Bt jst enter bike 2 JEDIJEDI. This is wia u get motor 2 dutse. Its jst 600 for ur trans fare. Welcm 2 jigawa. I jst pasd out, batch b and got a job 2.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by Funkymallam(m): 5:06pm On Jun 30, 2012
sweetrie: pls can u give me directions to adamawa camp from lagos?

Get to Oyinbo and ask for GUO Yola bus, if u cant get that take Gombe bus. When u get to Gombe GUO pack u can get a bus to Adamawa.

A advice u make enquries early enuf cus they tend to leave earleir once camp opens cus of more passengers and u might end up paying more.

Cheers.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by LordNaya: 6:06pm On Jun 30, 2012
@ Sweetry. To go to adamawa enter a bus to ijora stop at under the bridge opposite 7up. You will find luxurious bus "De Young Shall grow motors" going to yola. When u get to yola u may find NYSC officials who would be there to convey u guys to camp or better still ask people in the bus and they wud direct u. OR go to Onitsha in Anambra state, at onitsha enter a bike tell them u are going to GUO or De Young Shall Grow park in Portharcourt road. But buses are going to yola and they leave Onitsha by 1pm. Or better still add me on 2go my user name is raphael lawrence

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by Nedu31(m): 8:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
please what are the benefit serving in Jigawa state,both the state alaweee?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by akinajayi: 8:35pm On Jun 30, 2012
dont redeploy, you will enjoy it. But pray not to be posted to the following towns:
Hadejia, Jahun and Kiri-Kasama. They are the Hotbeds of 'the new world'.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by ayando(m): 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2012
akinajayi: dont redeploy, you will enjoy it. But pray not to be posted to the following towns:
Hadejia, Jahun and Kiri-Kasama. They are the Hotbeds of 'the new world'.
pls wat do u mean as d hotbeds of the new world.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by Cheggoon(m): 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2012
Jigawa is a safe place to serve..i seved in Yankwashi local govt under Kazaure Zone..and it was rili a fun
But i dont fink the camp has been moved to Dutse...cos we did ours in Gumel
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 30, 2012
Nedu31: please what are the benefit serving in Jigawa state,both the state alaweee?

state allawie is 5k monthly in "the new world". Buh u'll be paid after 3months the first time (14800) and subsequently once in 2months (9800)
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 30, 2012
Cheg-goon:
Jigawa is a safe place to serve..i seved in Yankwashi local govt under Kazaure Zone..and it was rili a fun
But i dont fink the camp has been moved to Dutse...cos we did ours in Gumel

the camp has been moved to fanisau, dutse
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by sultan003(m): 12:54am On Jul 01, 2012
If you want to remain in jigawa state, then dutse and areas around dutse like gwaram, birin-kudu, sara are always calm. Rigim is also ok. Hadejia is a hotbed for fundamentalist, what happened during the 2011 election crisis can be used as an example. On a good day jigawa state is a peaceful state, the only problem is that if there is any uprising in the north, you just have to stay put, because travelling tru kano and yobe is not advised, and d nearest airport is in Kano. served in dutse, and i know how it was when GEJ won.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by segiwest(m): 6:45am On Jul 01, 2012
God wuld c us thru IJN. Cos i cant imagine tht distance alone talk of d safety within d north.. God de sha.. Tnx 2 y'all..

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by skexy(f): 9:39am On Jul 01, 2012
segiwest: God wuld c us thru IJN. Cos i cant imagine tht distance alone talk of d safety within d north.. God de sha.. Tnx 2 y'all..
......Jigawa awaits u. Welcome. Am not a corper but I work here in Dutse the town is cool, if u love swimming and working out in the gym then u won't have problems adapting. Welcome
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Jigawa by Nedu31(m): 12:50pm On Jul 01, 2012
skexy: ......Jigawa awaits u. Welcome. Am not a corper but I work here in Dutse the town is cool, if u love swimming and working out in the gym then u won't have problems adapting. Welcome
Are u sure or u are tryin to protect d image of d state?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Corper Paints Coat Of Arms On Her Face To Celebrate Nigeria At 57 (Photos) / Female Corper Goes Missing In Delta State. Photo / ‘Corps Member Wearing Skirt Not In Our Camp’ — Oyo NYSC Reacts To Viral Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.