Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick (7765 Views)

Embarrasing: See What A Corper Posted On Facebook / Nysc Batch C14 Plateau State, Let's'meet Here / NCCF 2013 National Conference In Jos, Plateau State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by Burntcoal(f): 8:36pm On Jun 28, 2012
Hi good people of nairaland. I just collected my call up letter like three hours ago&i've cried my eyes out cos i was posted to plateau. Pls i need ur advice or any suggestions cos i'm confused. Right now i've developed fever. Images&sounds of the brutal killings there is just floodin my mind. Pls wat can i do?
Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by nikkyshyne(f): 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2012
Eeya. I served at Jos 2008/2009. Jos is fun and the weather is nice but safe for the killings? hmmmmmm...As a matter of fact, the crises started right under my nose.(about oct/nov)

I was with the right person when the incident started(car availability) even though people were having their throats slit next door. We drove down to Abuja after i was held up with the person for 5dayz. I then boarded a flight down to Lagos.

Still i was back in Jos by January. I look back and say, thank God for the gift of life.

1 Like

Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by omorooney: 11:46am On Jun 29, 2012
Infact my wife just called now that she has been posted to plateau, infact am confused
Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by Burntcoal(f): 1:17pm On Jun 29, 2012
I've discussed it with my parents and for now they are stampin their foot on the ground sayin it's a no go area for me. But the debate is still on. We are 5 4rm my university dat r going.(ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY) it is seriously well o
Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by GboyegaD(m): 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2012
If you don't mind the risk then you may choose to go. It is all about your perception.
When I was posted to Bayelsa, my parents had no issue with it and neither did I however, after camp and I got my deployment letter to Brass, I got to Swahili jetty and all I could see was water in all distances, I was scared because my only experience with water was crossing the river at Tincan to Tolu during my GCE days. I called my mum and she was like I should return to school since I was still running another program at that time. My younger sister then spoke to me and the question she asked was: are there other corpers going to the Island? I responded in the affirmative and she said then, join them since you are not the only one and today, I am so happy I served there.
When her time to serve came, after OSU delayed her for about 2years, she was posted to Plateau (2010 Batch B) and I was pleading that she shouldn't go. My eldest sister supported her going and she reminded me she wasn't the only corper posted there. Thank God she went and today, it is history because she came back whole and hearty.
The summary of all my story is if you feel you have waited this long to serve, then wherever you are posted to shouldn't be your issue. All you need do is to watch and pray and God will see you through.

1 Like

Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by member10: 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2012
But to say the fact, its mostly exaggerated!
If you notice, most people talking ill about all this places are either never been to the north or just came for a short stay. I don't stay in plateau, maiduguri or yobe, so I can't say for thoes places but other places in the north are not so bad! People make it sound like immediately a person gets off the bus they slit his throat or people are being blown up everyday!
Besides you might end up being posted to a local government to do your ppa far away from the trouble in town.
I am not saying you should defy you parents and come up north or any other person for that matter, but just trying to let people know that human being live up here going about their daily normal life, except for the few times that some idiots decide to ruin it and go about blowing places.

2 Likes

Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by Xavier1976(m): 3:07pm On Jun 29, 2012
I served in Jos (Plateau). As par safety;then it was safe (2007 Batch B). If you have just been posted there and you cannot redeploy then go with God on your side, after the 3 weeks Camp negotiate with your Z.I, give up your Allowee and return back to your state. If you "defer" your service, how are you sure where they would post you the next time? or you wanna keep deferring? Camp is in Riyom (if it has not been changed),then there were no much flight so we go by ABC bus,it leaves Lagos 7am, gets to Jos by 9pm. I lived in Heipang but worked in Bokkos (Dariye's town). The weather is beautiful but extremely cold (raining season). Then the dry season, there is intense water shortage !!!! Go to Jos with Cold weather clothing, the cold weather is nothing you would experience anywhere else in Nigeria except if you have lived in cold regions of the world, no Snow though. Plateau people are peaceful but weary of corpers (especially Male corpers). No good company to work there except Nasco, Grand cereal Oil, Airport and Ray-power, the rest of the jobs are Local Govt Jobs and Teaching jobs!

2 Likes

Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by usefaith(m): 3:42pm On Jun 29, 2012
Really sick n confuse now. I've been posted to Plateau state 2 but still deliberating anyway. Pls ur advice is much needed esp from the recent ex-corps members (2011 Batch B). that served in that state
Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by cyberX: 4:45pm On Jun 29, 2012
My friend dont be scared, i just finished serving there and it wasnt so bad. By the time u get there ud know where and where not to enter
Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by 02A02A02(m): 5:08pm On Jun 29, 2012
Burntcoal: Hi good people of nairaland. I just collected my call up letter like three hours ago&i've cried my eyes out cos i was posted to plateau. Pls i need ur advice or any suggestions cos i'm confused. Right now i've developed fever. Images&sounds of the brutal killings there is just floodin my mind. Pls wat can i do?
Plateau state is a good place to serve because d people there are accomodating. I served with an NGO (Leadership Institute, Tudun Wada GRA, Jos) in Plateau state (Batch B 2009). I was given accomodation and all necessary things. After my service, i was retained, where i worked there for almost 2 years b4 i was offered appointment at ABU Zaria (this is d same place i cried seriously d first day i saw PL on our school notice board). My brother, pray over it. God has reason for everything. Best of luck. Incase, u might need to runs ur way back or incase of posting to PPA, inform me. I will link u up with some top official in Camp.

1 Like

Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 29, 2012
the southern part of jos is peaceful and dominated by christians. if you are lucky to be posted to jos south lga then thank your stars and find accomodation around rayfield. you wouldn't have much problems.
benue,kogi and kwara are the only northern states that you can sleep with your both eyes closed during service!
Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by Burntcoal(f): 5:12pm On Jun 29, 2012
Thanks everyone for ur responses they av been soul liftin. I spoke wit a senior colleague of mine&he said not al part of jos are hostile, but the press over exaggerrated the hole matter. But he said it's a nice place to be.
Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 29, 2012
I finished my service year feb. 2012 in jos.I could say i cant enjoy it anywhere other than jos.I stayed in a crisis free area.Jos south to be precise.Ill advise u to join d band once u get there.Though recently i was told there is an order from abuja not to post corp members to crisis areas.So u might not stay in jos town n barkin-ladi but try n avoid being posted to shendam cos d place hot die.Plateau is beautiful!God bless plateau state their own sweet home

1 Like

Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by Super1759: 6:21pm On Jun 29, 2012
omorooney: Infact my wife just called now that she has been posted to plateau, infact am confused
Ur wife? Nawa oo.y didn't she submit her marriage cert when the lsit was out so that they will post her where you are.well notin spoil.let her go wit her marriage cert ² camp.right in the camp,they will redeploy her ² where you are.very simple.jus less than 3 weeks in camp

1 Like

Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by 13volts(m): 6:33pm On Jun 29, 2012
Any body that needs help here in plateau as per NYSC can call me on 08037947115.
Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by nigflue: 7:25pm On Jun 29, 2012
Why are you crying, as if you're the only one that will serve in plateau. Am in plateau right now and even will be going for nysc too to Minna, Niger state. Jos is nice and you'll enjoy it.
Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 29, 2012
you don't have to worry about the place as long as you know the right places to be at the right time. Try to get to know the place well from the friendly people who are based there. Jos is a very nice place( there's no place like it in the north).As a matter of fact, i schooled there for 6 years, i have been posted to Taraba but i'm seriously considering re-deploying to Jos. Wishin you the very best.
Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by Tyz: 8:41pm On Jun 29, 2012
abeg i have collected d letter what if i dont report to camp......and please what is the deadline for reporting to camp......please help me out....
Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by Mbuko91(m): 9:33pm On Jun 29, 2012
honestly,you guys are getting me worked up with these incendiary and derogatory remarks about Jos....are you saying that we that have been living there are fools?

I av lived in Jos all my lyf and im schooling there too...Jos is relatively calm and the choicest place for your service year...moreover,you are more on the advantage because of maximum security for you...

If you know unijos,you will knw that we are at risk cos of the location but i am ther,so are others...why do you have faith and God?

If you dont want to come,it is not a big deal,defer or better yet,redeploy,,,,if you need help on guidance thru direction,where to and where not to go,pls call,08181858673-henry...i'd gv up my lecture hours to pick you to your camp even though its far frm my sch....haba! No need to fear...
Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by Mbuko91(m): 9:45pm On Jun 29, 2012
sarajevo: you don't have to worry about the place as long as you know the right places to be at the right time. Try to get to know the place well from the friendly people who are based there. Jos is a very nice place( there's no place like it in the north).As a matter of fact, i schooled there for 6 years, i have been posted to Taraba but i'm seriously considering re-deploying to Jos. Wishin you the very best.
you are a darling jhoooor....great josite!

1 Like

Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by tunshe: 10:08pm On Jun 29, 2012
I am a Muslim but stay in 99% christian dominated area in Plateau State,its all about tolerance and diplomacy.

Its normal to get scared seeing Jos on your call up letter.

The state is still volatile(meaning that little misunderstanding could erupt into disputes and violence) coupled with the recent Bokoharam syndrome

The secrets to live successfully in Jos are;

1.Be prayerful

2.Know where to go and where not to(I expect the orientation camp to take care of that).

3. When you hear any info abt crisis,pls stay where u are.

The truth is Jos is a nice place to live and the crisis in Jos originated from Land dispute between the Hausa and the locals,graduated to political and religion was used to fuel the crisis.

2 Likes

Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by coolsamie0(m): 11:30pm On Jun 29, 2012
I was posted to Plateau State too, bt i'm looking to the adventure. I believe Plateau will be a good place for me. 6 of us frm My class alone
Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by 13volts(m): 6:36am On Jun 30, 2012
Jos is good, it is only when you stay here for some months you did realized that all the stories you normally hear about certain places in the north are exaggerated. Just as I said call me on my mobile phone as provided on my earlier post above, so that I can know where and how to help.
Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by Burntcoal(f): 6:55am On Jun 30, 2012
Pls wat r d groups someone can join in camp
Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by kswaggs(m): 4:04am On Jul 01, 2012
I have been posted †̥ Jos and I have made up my mind †̥ go thru with it...with what I am reading thus far I don't think it will be that bad, fear don almost finish me for wen i see Jos o bt It is WELL. I will be going by night so as †̥ enter Jos by morning and I heard d camp is in jos south lga...I have FAITH in GOD and if I can travel 6yrs by road from Lag †̥ Delta state... Den MY GOD never sleeps. My fellow nw otondo's my name is Kayode let's meet in CAMP...Jos Camping tins...for we are JUStified. And He that the LORD justifies HE glorifies. Shalom. †̥ our fellow nairaland family...pls post where †̥ go and where not †̥ go list for us let that serve as a guide for US new Otondo's..!!!

1 Like

Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by Mbuko91(m): 9:06am On Jul 01, 2012
shebi una don hear kayode abi? Oya cool ya mind joooor......i'd be helping various corpers to their camp location,u can read thru again for my number...if u'r coming by morning bus and get to jos at night,pls make sure u sleep at d park abeg,then call me....if u'd b needing my help pls call on time so that i'd knw hw to plan my day cos my lectures r usually from nine

1 Like

Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by wizzyfreeflow(m): 3:28pm On Jul 05, 2012
Hey.. I was posted to plateau state too.. Futo delayed our giving call up to our department for reasons best known to them. I just got ma call up yesterday. Please i want to know how the camp is there and what's the situation with redeployment.. Please someone hit me up.. 07030296284 is ma number..
Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by emmke(m): 1:04pm On Jul 07, 2012
Lol, Nairaland and the media have really done a good job in soiling the name of my beautiful J-town. Just the other day there was bomb blast in mararaban jamaa (not in jos) but nl said it was in jos. That's the kind of false reports that's giving the likes of the op a wrong impression about jos. Ironically am trying to work my way back to jos from lagos (stress no go kill me here). Op I can categorically tell u that jos isn't as bad/unsafe as people are painting it to be. For me it is my most favorite city in the country. Peace

1 Like

Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by emmke(m): 1:05pm On Jul 07, 2012
Mbuko91: honestly,you guys are getting me worked up with these incendiary and derogatory remarks about Jos....are you saying that we that have been living there are fools?

I av lived in Jos all my lyf and im schooling there too...Jos is relatively calm and the choicest place for your service year...moreover,you are more on the advantage because of maximum security for you...

If you know unijos,you will knw that we are at risk cos of the location but i am ther,so are others...why do you have faith and God?

If you dont want to come,it is not a big deal,defer or better yet,redeploy,,,,if you need help on guidance thru direction,where to and where not to go,pls call,08181858673-henry...i'd gv up my lecture hours to pick you to your camp even though its far frm my sch....haba! No need to fear...
bro is not entirely their faults. I blame it on forums like nl and the media.
Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by Mbuko91(m): 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2012
emmke: bro is not entirely their faults. I blame it on forums like nl and the media.
actually
Re: Posted To JOS (Plateau State). Confused & Worried Sick by thatthickgurl(f): 11:51pm On May 16, 2021
02A02A02:

Plateau state is a good place to serve because d people there are accomodating. I served with an NGO (Leadership Institute, Tudun Wada GRA, Jos) in Plateau state (Batch B 2009). I was given accomodation and all necessary things. After my service, i was retained, where i worked there for almost 2 years b4 i was offered appointment at ABU Zaria (this is d same place i cried seriously d first day i saw PL on our school notice board). My brother, pray over it. God has reason for everything. Best of luck. Incase, u might need to runs ur way back or incase of posting to PPA, inform me. I will link u up with some top official in Camp.

Hello

(1) (Reply)

Enhancing Your Employability - A Comprehensive Career & Job Hunting Guide / NYSC 2012 Batch B Ogun State Aspirants Meet Here / Delta State Coordinator Embezzles Corpers INEC Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.