Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late (2346 Views)

Nigerian Army Demotes Enitan Ransome-Kuti, Late Fela’s Nephew / Bunmi Awoniyi's Investiture Ceremony: Pictures & Videos / Bunmi Awoniyi Is A Superior Court Judge In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by auwal(m): 9:00pm On Nov 29, 2007
The Chairman of Arewa Consultative forum (ACF), Chief Sunday Awoniyi is dead.

Chief Awoniyi was involved in a car accident along Abuja-Kaduna expressway two-weeks ago and was flown abroad for further treatment.

May His Soul Rest in Perfect Peace.
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by toba1909(m): 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2007
May his soul rest in peace,
Think he has tried his best for the nation.
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by dot2002(m): 10:26pm On Nov 29, 2007
legendary man of candor, he tried his best in his own way to unite Nigeria, a great northerner, One of the greatest Nigeria politician who ever lived
gone but not forgotten, forever rest in peace Sunday Awoniyi.
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by babasin(m): 10:37pm On Nov 29, 2007
Chief Awoniyi was involved in a car accident along Abuja-Kaduna expressway two-weeks ago

if true sad but he was an old man.

anyway, this what happens when there is no proper medics(paramedics, airambulance, well equiped hospital, motivated workforce) available. what could be treated early alway result in death
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 29, 2007
If only chief had been serious about repairing our roads.
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by iykrion(m): 2:21am On Nov 30, 2007
davidylan:

If he had equally used his many influential positions to put good health care delivery in place, maybe the story would have been different sad sad sad sad
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by naijaking1: 4:17am On Nov 30, 2007
Very sad, I heard he was a smart man.
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by funloving(m): 8:52am On Nov 30, 2007
May his soul RIP

You would think that at the rate at which influential persons are dying on our highways due to often avoidable accidents and lack of prompt medical care when accidents happen, they would have put in a strong, concerted effort to fix our roads and hospitals. No way !

These terrible rogues, who have been blinded by satan to steal and to kill only, will never do anything good. They think it can't happen to them.
I do not wish anyone evil, but a few more influential people are still going to die because they refuse to provide the basic amenities of good road network and medical facilities.

Even if you have got the money to travel overseas for medical care, in an accident, 5 minutes could make the difference between life and death.
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by laudate: 7:26pm On Nov 30, 2007
davidylan:

Ehn? Was he the Minister of Works or was he ever given any contract to repair our roads?
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by Mamajama(m): 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2007
Amazing, he was sick, flown abroad for treatment and he died overseas.

Should that be a learning experience for our leaders that when your time is up no medical practitioner or doctor can save your life.

Another money wasted. The amount the Federal government spent on this trip could be put to use.

MR YAR ADUA I am calling you to please start taking action, stop all overseas medical treatment for government officials.

lets start investing in our hospital. KAI i tire for this nation embarassed sad
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by Seun(m): 7:43pm On Nov 30, 2007
If flying them overseas will save their lives, let it be done. Human life is more important than sentimentality.
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by egin(m): 8:22pm On Nov 30, 2007
Seun:

If flying them overseas will save their lives, let it be done. Human life is more important than sentimentality.
Human life is more important than sentimentality WHEN IT IS A POLITCIAN WHO STOLE PEOPLE'S MONEY. Every human life should be important and not those rogues alone.
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by laudate: 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2007
Mamajama:

Amazing, he was sick, flown abroad for treatment and he died overseas.

Should that be a learning experience for our leaders that when your time is up no medical practitioner or doctor can save your life.

Another money wasted. The amount the Federal government spent on this trip could be put to use.

MR YAR ADUA I am calling you to please start taking action, stop all overseas medical treatment for government officials.

lets start investing in our hospital. KAI i tire for this nation embarassed sad

This is getting more and more confusing. Who said he was a government official? And where was it stated that the federal government paid for his trip abroad? Can you cite the source of your story?
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by Mamajama(m): 9:14pm On Nov 30, 2007
DO you not have access to internet to do your research

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=96176

http://allafrica.com/stories/200711210354.html

OR maybe laudate paid for his treatment.
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by wham(m): 11:24pm On Nov 30, 2007
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by DisGuy: 2:45am On Dec 01, 2007
Mamajama:

so where in those report did it say the govt paid for his trip and treatment? abi when did chairman of a forum become minister of transport undecided

R.I.P
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by doyin13(m): 3:09am On Dec 01, 2007
I simply find it difficult to feel any remorse when any of these 'big men' pass away.

They have left their murderous handiwork behind. . .so I guess we should look upon them with envy
that they have escaped this violent cesspit called Nigeria.
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by google(m): 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2007
For those criticizing the fact that Awoniyi was flown away for medical attention and are asking why he didn't do better to improve the facilities in Nigeria. Have you read the report of where he was going when the accident occurred? Have you taken the time to read the man's background and he's service to Nija? Do you not think this man was around when the naira was at par to the pound sterling currency and watched over the years how he's country deteriorated to what it has become. Did the report say he was heading to the airport to travel and enjoy his life in a Villa in Mexico?

Awoniyi traveled those dangerous roads with the rest of us day in day out, speaking out against corrupt politicians and consistent decay of our nation. It is in one of those trips that he lost life. The man never traveled in convoys or had paid security around him like many political leaders. Also remember that technically the man has not in political office since he was a senator in 1992. Technically the man was a civilian. A very outspoken and respected civilian, but a civilian none the less. He wasn’t minister for transportation or Minister for health or any of those things. Before you judge a man or lump him in as one of the 'corrupt politicians in Nija' (and god knows there are many); please educate your self first with some real facts.

The biggest injustice we can do now is get caught up on how the man died. That's a bloody waste of time. We should try to see what he was trying to say when he was alive. He and a few others courageous politicians single handedly stood in the way of Obasanjo from illegally trying to remain in office for a 3rd term in a 2 term Democratic Party. He was attacked and left for dead just over a year ago and yet he continued his mission.

We should stop blaming other people for our decaying country. Every single Nigerian should look at there own lives in the presence of God and see how they themselves are contributing to it. Only then can we hope to make small changes that will count for something huge over the years. Each time you litter, or destroy public property or steel from your neighbor or neglect the work you've been entrusted in, you are adding to the decay of this land. That's what Awoniyi was trying to tell people. Instead, people focused on whether he was northerner or southerner, Muslim or Christian, medicated and died in Nija or oversees. At the end of the day, are we not all traveling on those god forsaken roads?
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by dot2002(m): 10:51pm On Dec 02, 2007
he was a man apart, if he was younger i will use all my feminine charisma to lure him for good, he's dead now! he was a good man, moderate, caring, and very intelligent.
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by Ndipe(m): 12:46am On Dec 03, 2007
Not even the best medical intervention can forestall one's destiny with death.
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by dot2002(m): 11:13am On Dec 03, 2007
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by laudate: 4:48pm On Dec 03, 2007
Mamajama:

Dis Guy:

so where in those report did it say the govt paid for his trip and treatment? abi when did chairman of a forum become minister of transport undecided

R.I.P

Abeg, help me ask Mamajama who posted the first remark about how govt. wasted money sponsoring the man's medical treatment abroad. Both stories say the man was flown abroad for treatment. It never said the man's trip was sponsored by govt. Abi, na only me dey see am?
Re: Chief Sunday Awoniyi Is Late by Orikinla(m): 12:38pm On Dec 05, 2007
"PLEASE DON'T give up on this potentially great but thoroughly misused country. It's a luxury we can't afford." -

Late Chief Sunday Awoniyi

http://allafrica.com/stories/200712040032.html

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Shot Dead In Angola / Prevail On Turai To Release My Son - Hajia Dada Yar’Adua / Lagos State Government Embrace Information Technology (it) For Its Staff.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.