Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,358 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? (60241 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. / Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital / What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Abagworo(m): 8:33pm On Jun 30, 2012
I don't know if I'm missing something but I think when we talk about State with the highest number of independent cities, Osun could carry the day. Even Oyo has Ibadan, Oyo and Ogbomosho. Ibadan and Ogbomosho are bigger than all the cities in Delta and Anambra. I do not consider that belief in development being based on the number of cities. Nigeria has more cities than almost the entire countries of the world.

Rivers is not only Port Harcourt as wrongly perceived by people. There is Eleme, Bori, Obigbo, Omoku and Bonny.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2012
Abagworo: I don't know if I'm missing something but I think when we talk about State with the highest number of independent cities, Osun could carry the day. Even Oyo has Ibadan, Oyo and Ogbomosho. Ibadan and Ogbomosho are bigger than all the cities in Delta and Anambra. I do not consider that belief in development being based on the number of cities. Nigeria has more cities than almost the entire countries of the world.

Rivers is not only Port Harcourt as wrongly perceived by people. There is Eleme, Bori, Obigbo, Omoku and Bonny.

^^^Awww!!! C'mon man! You really don't mean what you said about Ogbomosho being bigger than Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi shocked?.....unless i misread what you typed undecided.

Rivers state is a one city state. The towns you mentioned are either satellites of Port Harcourt, or they are little more than large villages. Omoku owes it's bustling nature to the Agip base nearby (though my knowledge of the place is a bit rusty, and it may have grown into a city since the late 90's when i was last there). Ahoada is another large town too.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2012
Don't believe i've seen pics/videos of Ogbomosho on the net so far. I'll do a quick google and see what pics it brings up.......maybe it's bigger and more developed than Onitsha.

What's it known for? University or industrial/commercial town?
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by chino11(m): 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2012
Abagworo: I don't know if I'm missing something but I think when we talk about State with the highest number of independent cities, Osun could carry the day. Even Oyo has Ibadan, Oyo and Ogbomosho. Ibadan and Ogbomosho are bigger than all the cities in Delta and Anambra. I do not consider that belief in development being based on the number of cities. Nigeria has more cities than almost the entire countries of the world.

Am sure you need to be diagnosed. You have not refused this your clownish toga? You must be mentally debased for you to spew all these gibberish.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by chino11(m): 9:50pm On Jun 30, 2012

Am sure you need to be diagnosed. You have not refused this your clownish toga? You must be mentally debased for you to spew all these gibberish.

Are you talking of hamlets towns in oshun state that cannot even boost of electricity not to talk of decent housing? Even the oshun state capital cannot not compete with Sapele talk more of Ekwuuluobia. Ogbomosho and Ibadan is still a huge village with rusted zinc adorning the skyline.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by chino11(m): 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2012
hmmm
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by chino11(m): 9:52pm On Jun 30, 2012

Are you talking of hamlets towns in oshun state that cannot even boost of electricity not to talk of decent housing? Even the oshun state capital cannot not compete with Sapele talk more of Ekwuuluobia. Ogbomosho and Ibadan is still a huge village with rusted zinc adorning the skyline.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by chino11(m): 9:56pm On Jun 30, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Don't believe i've seen pics/videos of Ogbomosho on the net so far. I'll do a quick google and see what pics it brings up.......maybe it's bigger and more developed than Onitsha.

What's it known for? University or industrial/commercial town?

The ediot is actually going mad and needs our collective help.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by chucky234(m): 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2012
Beaf:

Did you just change the title? Cos I could have sworn...
Anyway, without doubt the new list goes like this:

1. Lagos - Ikeja
2. Rivers - Port Harcourt
3. Kano - Kano
4. Kaduna - Kaduna
5. Akwa Ibom - Uyo
Ikeja na wash jor, Fashola should think of another capital.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Eifeh(m): 11:07pm On Jun 30, 2012
Ibadan rock, check the picture

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Abagworo(m): 11:16pm On Jun 30, 2012
chino11:

I am a realist any day and I've been to everywhere in Southern Nigeria. Whatever I write is a fact to any unbiased mind. Making noise and boasting cannot change facts and reality. Visit google earth and verify or better still read your geography. We Igbos have a sprawling kind of housing which leaves most of our towns as semi-urban and intertwined but that does not equate to development. the stretch of land from Nnewi to ihiala to awo Omamma to Mbano to Ideato to Ekwulobia is a densely populated rural area like a sprawl in the midst of green vegetation.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Abagworo(m): 12:50am On Jul 01, 2012
Here is a google image of Osun State.

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Beaf: 12:58am On Jul 01, 2012

Lol! See this joker!
What town (including Osogbo) in Osun is as developed as Ughelli in Delta? Talkless of Sapele, Warri and Asaba?
Even the smaller towns in Delta like Abraka, Orerokpe, Oghara etc are more developed than (or at par) with many state capitals like Osogbo.

The size of Ibadan has nothing to do with development. Its like saying Nigeria is more developed than France, Germany or England because we have a much higher population. Thats comical, bro!
Ibadan is just one big village, same as Osogbo and Ogbomoso.

These are pics of Ughelli, which is not even nearly the biggest town in Delta state bring out those for Osun. Lol!

[img]http://1.bp..com/-78rhEPH6vQM/ThsApJ-85ZI/AAAAAAAAAGA/3BYLdKHDgcc/s1600/260048_202537459797543_100001238713726_649414_2581029_n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-BjPFaKtpWU4/ThsAhzheezI/AAAAAAAAAFY/eCDlTMqZb0I/s1600/207584_179988152052474_100001238713726_513874_1137715_n.jpg[/img]

[img]
http://www.danielkolenda.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Ughelli-D-Crop.jpg[/img]

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 1:30am On Jul 01, 2012

What is your problem man? How can you say that osun has many independent cities (there is no city in osun first of all).
Delta state has more developed towns than any other state in the south apart from lagos.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by MostIncredibleDFirst: 7:41am On Jul 01, 2012
J12:

Ol'boy, the precints/areas in uyo are all named in the local dialect(ikot okpon, obio, idoro etc) and i'm conversant with them.

you have finally confirmed to me not to know or visited Uyo city. Now let me educate you. Its only LGA's dat go with the word "ikot" as a precit, obio offot is a small area in Uyo n idoro is a newly constructed dualised road in a suburb. D only road wit ikot in uyo is ikot ekpene road,- a very old dualised road. Therefore, this confirms dat u got a few info bout Uyo on d net, n ur opinion bout uyo is based on guesswork! Most areas in uyo city go with d word "Offot" at its suffix. I'll b visitin d city in late August- u can come along wit me.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by yvonnejoe(f): 8:53am On Jul 01, 2012
Kano as@ wen I left ws tryin,truthfuli, OWERRI,PH,CALABAR,n ofcos, AKWA IBOM.who call zamfara 4 here?
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by chino11(m): 9:35am On Jul 01, 2012
Beaf:

Lol! See this joker!
What town (including Osogbo) in Osun is as developed as Ughelli in Delta? Talkless of Sapele, Warri and Asaba?
Even the smaller towns in Delta like Abraka, Orerokpe, Oghara etc are more developed than (or at par) with many state capitals like Osogbo.

The size of Ibadan has nothing to do with development. Its like saying Nigeria is more developed than France, Germany or England because we have a much higher population. Thats comical, bro!
Ibadan is just one big village, same as Osogbo and Ogbomoso.

These are pics of Ughelli, which is not even nearly the biggest town in Delta state bring out those for Osun. Lol!

[img]http://1.bp..com/-78rhEPH6vQM/ThsApJ-85ZI/AAAAAAAAAGA/3BYLdKHDgcc/s1600/260048_202537459797543_100001238713726_649414_2581029_n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-BjPFaKtpWU4/ThsAhzheezI/AAAAAAAAAFY/eCDlTMqZb0I/s1600/207584_179988152052474_100001238713726_513874_1137715_n.jpg[/img]

[img]
http://www.danielkolenda.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Ughelli-D-Crop.jpg[/img]

As I said earlier the guy Abagworo needs brain diagnosis. The least towns in Delta and Anambra are more developed and advanced than the major towns/state capital of SW except lagos.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by warrior01: 12:49pm On Jul 01, 2012
oiseworld: my rating.
You can't say developed with out a population to service the development. The people have to be working. Soo i'll add population,site seeing and economic turn over to my list.
Mind you we are talking of capitals.
1. Ikeja . Former capital/commercial/devlp on its own.
2. Kano . Religious/commercial.
3. Ibadan can not be rulled out. Largest city in west africa./ services the south west.weak infrastructure.
4.kaduna too many federal investment/military.
5. Port harcout. devlp on its own/oil companies/ commercial
6. Awka. Anambra. commercial.
7. Delta. Devp on its own/oil companies
8. Benin. devp on its own/mornacy/commercial/ a route.
9. Benue. Route/ agriculture
10. Katsina.
11. Jos

Na so God help me reach.
pls Awka is not a commercial town; more of an admnistrative/education with hospitality business springing up
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Arosa(m): 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2012
Oshiomhole has done well for Benin, see Benin city at night. Nice.

1 Like

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Ejine(m): 1:53pm On Jul 01, 2012
@Abagworo, I must confess, some of your posts on Nairaland do make me question my own eyesight and sanity (whether na hallucination be dis so) - because no sane person would really want to take you seriously on that harebrained comment you made about the "Other cities in Rivers", when infact those things you mentioned are metropolitan spill-overs of Port Harcourt.

I really think you should sometimes take a break from the internet, because if these statements of yours are anything to go by, then "agwo nokwa n'akirika" for your mental health ooo!

By the way, I think Basketmouth and Alibaba should thank their father in heaven you're not into stand-up comedy, cuz you would've put them out of business a long time ago.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by tunde300us(m): 12:59am On Jul 02, 2012
I am still in uyo and i dont know why uyo is so much in the news,maybe because the governor is always talking to the press.Take it or leave it enugu has better roads than uyo,but it still does not take away the effort of the governor as regards road construction.JB is making a hell of money working here in uyo and i just hope this man is not borrowing to pay them.
Beaf say uyo has more infrastructure than all the other state and i say oga pls mention the infrastructure that uyo has and other state dont have,the state govt built a cinema and charge #300 for ticket to watch movies and yet no one is watching,abi na digital library wey no get any functional website (lol)
Uyo is an emerging city my people but please not like the kind of comment i hear on NL here.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Beaf: 1:09am On Jul 02, 2012
tunde300us: I am still in uyo and i dont know why uyo is so much in the news,maybe because the governor is always talking to the press.Take it or leave it enugu has better roads than uyo,but it still does not take away the effort of the governor as regards road construction.JB is making a hell of money working here in uyo and i just hope this man is not borrowing to pay them.
Beaf say uyo has more infrastructure than all the other state and i say oga pls mention the infrastructure that uyo has and other state dont have,the state govt built a cinema and charge #300 for ticket to watch movies and yet no one is watching,abi na digital library wey no get any functional website (lol)
Uyo is an emerging city my people but please not like the kind of comment i hear on NL here.

I like proving that people like you are liars. Here are 3 (not even just one) websites for the Akwa Ibom e-library project:

http://akselibrary.org
http://ibomelibrary.org
http://akselib.org

Why tell lies?
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by MostIncredibleDFirst: 9:48am On Jul 02, 2012
tunde300us: I dont know why uyo is so much in the news,maybe because the governor is always talking to the press.Take it or leave it enugu has better roads than uyo,but it still does not take away the effort of the governor as regards road construction.JB is making a hell of money working here in uyo and i just hope this man is not borrowing to pay them.
Beaf say uyo has more infrastructure than all the other state and i say oga pls mention the infrastructure that uyo has and other state dont have.
which state has virtually all its roads fully dualised- wit street-lighting n other road furnitures? Which state has 5-star Hotels of at least 2 in number? Which state is constructing a typical Olympic-standard stadium, and a world-class tertiary Hospital similar to those in india, europe, or in US? Which state has a category-2 airport apart 4m d MMA in lagos built n own by d federal govt? Which place in west africa wud u find n e-library? Which place in africa has an airport wit a repair n maintenance facility for A to C-checks? Which state is developin a DEEP-seaport for heavy ocean-liners aside from dat one in lagos? Which state has a conference-center that cud host international-conferences like those of UN, ECOWAS, AU, etc? I dont think i should waste time going-on wit you. By d way, tunde300us, can you be confident to tell us which state you are from??
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Tungel(f): 9:51am On Jul 02, 2012
pls never mention ILORIN ah! Ilo wht wht is in ilorin notin 4 kwara state o ooooooooooooo bt is just dt an peacefull environment instead i will pick Akure i mean Ondo state
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 03, 2012
tunde300us: I am still in uyo and i dont know why uyo is so much in the news,maybe because the governor is always talking to the press.Take it or leave it enugu has better roads than uyo,but it still does not take away the effort of the governor as regards road construction.JB is making a hell of money working here in uyo and i just hope this man is not borrowing to pay them.

If I dey talk, e go be like say na only me.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by tunde300us(m): 9:22pm On Jul 03, 2012
Uyo honestly is getting better and can surely get better,but for goodness sake why build what you dont need.
You have a 5 star hotel that does not get 40% patronage even on weekends
You have built a cinema that cannot change its movie lines for weeks because of low patronage and unbelievable charge rate N300/movie
You have a beautiful airport with a (potential) for repair n maintenance facility for A to C-checks and yet the airport patronage is low

My fear for uyo is that the governor will end up with so many things the state does not need just to score cheap political points or patronage,thumb up though for a good job with road network,but sir u cant sustain some of those things

Am a lagos boy for those who wants to know

1 Like

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by MostIncredibleDFirst: 11:11pm On Jul 03, 2012
tunde300us: Uyo honestly is getting better and can surely get better,but for goodness sake why build what you dont need.
You have a 5 star hotel that does not get 40% patronage even on weekends
You have built a cinema that cannot change its movie lines for weeks because of low patronage and unbelievable charge rate N300/movie
You have a beautiful airport with a (potential) for repair n maintenance facility for A to C-checks and yet the airport patronage is low

My fear for uyo is that the governor will end up with so many things the state does not need just to score cheap political points or patronage,thumb up though for a good job with road network,but sir u cant sustain some of those things

Am a lagos boy for those who wants to know
I've now realised that you completely lack brains n credibility as a person, therefore it's only a lazy person dat wud waste time wit you. Am also glad that even Beaf has also confirmed dat u are not only a bloody liar, but also fooling urself on NL. therefore, no one ought to give u any credence.
To further proof ur deceitful personality u now say a hotel dat hosts both state n national functions daily, n at most times overstreach to its limits, (just lik d previous week dat it hosted senators on their Retreat) is not upto 40% occupied! According to u again, d Cineplex dat is even d busiest in nigeria, and gets its movie-tickets mosttimes completely sold-out- especially wen a movie is newly featured is underutillised! U also tend to be so myopic n stupid not to know why these investments are being made.
O'boy, let me educate u on some of these.
1- arrangements has been concluded 4 Emirate Airlines to begin a non-stop Uyo-DUBAI-Uyo route. D city nids more than enough 5-star n 7-star hotels cuz ALL travellers in nigeria to Dubai wud soon be passing through uyo enroute Dubai n back! Most airlines in africa wud nid 2 service dia aircraft in uyo,cuz uyo owns d only airport wit such facility in africa! D Uyo airport is d youngest in nigeria of less than 3 years old, yet it records 6 commercial flights daily by 3 different airlines, excluding private n chartered air-flights. Airports in enugu, begin n calabar DO NOT record upto 4 daily flights.
By the way, would u also say those in d maritime biznes would not deserve 5/7-star hotels with d soon opening of the deep-seaport? Pls answer.
2)akwa ibom deserves more than enuf of such mega projects if it hopes to actualized its ambition of becomin d No. 1 spot in africa for business n leisure! Mark you, Tropicana which hosts d 3D-Cinemas wit other major components like d 2nd 5-star hotel has not formally been opened or commissioned to the public.
Therefore, Lagos under Fashola is under a big threat and trouble wit d now comin of Akwa-ibom state- beginning from now! So tunde300us, there absolutely NO point claiming on Nairaland to come from Lagos.

1 Like

Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by bokohalal(m): 3:53am On Jul 04, 2012
Minus Bokoharam and Kano is Nigeria's most developed state capital.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by oduasolja: 1:48am On Jul 05, 2012
Abagworo:

If you are Yoruba then I'm proud of your zeal to travel as most of my friends from the SW know little about Nigeria. Believe it or not, from Abagworo's point of view, Akure is the only city with new houses I've been to in the SW. Abeokuta is 2nd. Ibadan is so old by every standard. The new part of the city is too tiny compared with the rusty majority. I've been to all the SW capital cities and other large towns like Ogbomosho, Okiti pupa, Ilesha, Oyo, Owo and more. I score Akure 1st and Abeokuta 2nd. Lagos is not inclusive because Abuja cannot be counted as North. Lagos and Abuja are the most developed cities in Nigeria but enjoyed that because they are federal capitals.

did it ever occur to you that most yorubas who want to build new homes build in lagos and not their villages in ijebu , abeokuta or kwara ?

if a yoruba man has money , the first place he wants to build is lagos , not ilorin .

so u saying lagos is not inclusive is absolute rubbish.

the only parts of lagos that were federal capital terriotry was ikoyi and victoria island.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by tunde300us(m): 6:48am On Jul 05, 2012
@Mrincredible,am sure ure an underage,cos i dont knw why all ur comment has to start on an abusive tone,do u have a problem with ur parentage?
-U say the 5 star hotel is over booked and the only reference u have was when there was a retreat at the hotel by the senate,oga u no get talk atall cos if uve been to uyo lately u will know where i am coming from.
-U say ur cinema is the busiest in Nigeria (lol) those who work there sef go break ur head for that statement,u mean i plan hate talk when i say the cinema is literally empty almost everyday and u are here telling me jargons,i am not an hatist just sayin my own here.

For ur info if u read my comments well u will notice i have nothing against the governor or the state,i just made my points and i dont think uyo has arrived yet,but an emerging city.

Akwa ibom ayaya!
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by MostIncredibleDFirst: 8:34am On Jul 05, 2012
tunde300us: @Mrincredible,am sure ure an underage,cos i dont knw why all ur comment has to start on an abusive tone,do u have a problem with ur parentage?
-U say the 5 star hotel is over booked and the only reference u have was when there was a retreat at the hotel by the senate,oga u no get talk atall cos if uve been to uyo lately u will know where i am coming from.
-U say ur cinema is the busiest in Nigeria (lol) those who work there sef go break ur head for that statement,u mean i plan hate talk when i say the cinema is literally empty almost everyday and u are here telling me jargons,i am not an hatist just sayin my own here.

For ur info if u read my comments well u will notice i have nothing against the governor or the state,i just made my points and i dont think uyo has arrived yet,but an emerging city.

Akwa ibom ayaya!
You started wit lies bout slums n ghettos exiting in uyo, then u diverted into d E-library in uyo not having any websites. Then lied bout d 5-star Hotels in uyo, and also d 3D-cinemas. Guy, i dont have to waste time with you. All i can advise u to do now is to- Go to the Le Meridien Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort. Visit the Tropicana 3D- cinemas on any typical evenings. Do your checks n finding well. Get your facts right. Then compare those facts n findings wit similar utilities and phenomena which exist in other major cities (within n outside Nigeria) b4 u come here to spew your rubbish n derail d tread, n give all unsuspecting Nairalanders a very false n misguided info.
Re: The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? by MostIncredibleDFirst: 8:35am On Jul 05, 2012
tunde300us: @Mrincredible,am sure ure an underage,cos i dont knw why all ur comment has to start on an abusive tone,do u have a problem with ur parentage?

Akwa ibom ayaya!
You started wit lies bout slums n ghettos exiting in uyo, then u diverted into d E-library in uyo not having any websites. Then lied bout d 5-star Hotels in uyo, and also d 3D-cinemas. Guy, i dont have to waste time with you. All i can advise u to do now is to- Go to the Le Meridien Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort. Visit the Tropicana 3D- cinemas on any typical evenings. Do your checks n finding well. Get your facts right. Then compare those facts n findings wit similar utilities and phenomena which exist in other major cities (within n outside Nigeria) b4 u come here to spew your rubbish n derail d tread, n give all unsuspecting Nairalanders a very false n misguided info.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian National Honours & Their Meaning / Buhari To Ojukwu’s Mother In A 1984 Cartoon / Joy Ezechikamnayo Assumes Office As Governor Of Abia, Okezie Ikpeazu Hands Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.