Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Starting A Tech Incubator In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Starting A Tech Incubator In Nigeria (1024 Views)

3 Part-time Writers Needed For A Tech Blog 12,000 Per Month / Checklist For Starting A Successful Blog From Scratch / Starting A A Tech Incubator In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Tech Incubator In Nigeria by vladimiros: 7:39pm On Jun 30, 2012
As a Nigerian, I feel ashamed that we brag about 40 Million Internet users but countries like Kenya have incubators like iHub and we in Nigeria have nothing to show for it.

I am 18 years old and a tech enthusiast, I badly want to start an incubator,to organize but I have no idea who to start with ( Nigerians are not tech enthusiast one bit, I don't know any body who uses techcrunch,wired or fast company its all facebook with my generation).

To cut long story short, anyone has any ideas for an incubator, ( we could even name it Nairaland Meetup if possible lol).

thanks for any replies.

P.S: not that we don't have mediums like funding incubators, but they are not transparent one bit and we need some real disruption.

Thank you for your replies.
Re: Starting A Tech Incubator In Nigeria by doncigalo: 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2012
I think you need to do a bit of research , ever heard of co-creation Hub : http://www.cchubnigeria.com/.I like your spirit ..keep it up !!

1 Like

Re: Starting A Tech Incubator In Nigeria by utimatedes(m): 3:00pm On Jul 01, 2012
Bros I like ur spirit
Re: Starting A Tech Incubator In Nigeria by vladimiros: 10:49pm On Jul 01, 2012
doncigalo: I think you need to do a bit of research , ever heard of co-creation Hub : http://www.cchubnigeria.com/.I like your spirit ..keep it up !!

thanks man
Re: Starting A Tech Incubator In Nigeria by doncigalo: 7:59am On Jul 02, 2012
@vladimiros Ur welcome, howz the idea of starting an incubator hub coming along ? I kind of interested..
Re: Starting A Tech Incubator In Nigeria by vladimiros: 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2012
doncigalo: @vladimiros Ur welcome, howz the idea of starting an incubator hub coming along ? I kind of interested..

I am thinking og getting Nigerian Equity Firms, maybe through them help spread the word, hopefully my age does not hinder me
Re: Starting A Tech Incubator In Nigeria by doncigalo: 11:35am On Jul 03, 2012
My advice would be to hold off on getting in touch with the equity firms. First of all register the incubator hub as a legal entity under CAC, put together a team of developers, then build and deploy a solution. Once you've done all these then you can start seeking for investments.

Instead of even targeting the equity firms, I would suggest you have a go at NITDA,they are actually in the process of setting software incubation hubs through out the country. I actually know the person in charge of this particular project as I have an ongoing project with this particular department. So when you're ready you can contact with me and we take it from there.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Tech Incubator In Nigeria by vladimiros: 2:08pm On Jul 03, 2012
doncigalo: My advice would be to hold off on getting in touch with the equity firms. First of all register the incubator hub as a legal entity under CAC, put together a team of developers, then build and deploy a solution. Once you've done all these then you can start seeking for investments.

Instead of even targeting the equity firms, I would suggest you have a go at NITDA,they are actually in the process of setting software incubation hubs through out the country. I actually know the person in charge of this particular project as I have an ongoing project with this particular department. So when you're ready you can contact with me and we take it from there.

thanks man, but they should let their actions be abit open (NITDA), so many people have no diea about this incubators
Re: Starting A Tech Incubator In Nigeria by vladimiros: 2:25pm On Jul 03, 2012
Mr. Doncigalo.

I don't know how much you have helped with this tiny infos you give me.

I am very Grateful.
Re: Starting A Tech Incubator In Nigeria by doncigalo: 3:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
No worries bro, its not open because they havent started it yet, they are just about concluding the planning phase.

(1) (Reply)

Script For Sale / 98% Of Web Visitors Leave Without Converting. This Is How To Get Them Back / Get Absolutely Free Facebook Likes!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.