Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace (23232 Views)

Aregbesola Visits Ooni Ogunwusi, Squats In His Palace. See Photos / Emir Of Ibi Gave Melaye Fish At His Palace (Photos) / Who Is More Relaxed Here (GMB Or GEJ) In The Meeting With John Kerry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by tpia5: 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2012
what was gej in benin for?

is this why all the edo guys have again started shouting on nl?

check romance section.

make una tell boko haram not to expand beyond gej's locations o. undecided undecided
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by bokohalal(m): 9:16pm On Jul 02, 2012
For the record

The Omo n'Oba is a natural born ruler
The Obaship is not determined by kingmakers
He cannot be deposed as there is no replacement as long as He lives
In the event that the Oba be banished(awua gedegbe)the place of banishment will be the new Palace of the Bini people
No government is ready to face the social and political consequences that will ensue in case of the above

The Oba did meet the President
The president was not on a state visit
The President cannot see whoever he wants unless on matters relating to the nation's security
The Palace is open to everyone but not for political campaigns
Receiving PDP bigwigs would have been spinned as endorsement
The Palace has already received PDP campaign train on more than one occassion
The Palace has also hosted other political parties seeking prayers
The Palace of THE OBA OF BENIN HAS NOT ENDORSED anyone for the election

Oba ovonranmwen is not considered one of the great rulers of Benin
The Oba of Benin was a career civil servant and is thus versed in neutrality in government
The Oba cannot impose his poltical will on the Bini people
The Oba has NOT personally prayed for any candidate
The Oba DOES NOT pray or swear or curse UNLESS.....
The chiefs of the Kingdom are at liberty to engage in politics.

And, yes, Oshiomole will defeat his opponent resoundingly.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 02, 2012
Lol. The Oba is bla bla, the Oba is bla bla. The Oba can't the deposed because he is bla bla. Frankly, I had my due respect for the old man and the ancient traditional heritage he embodies, and I have always been bemused by how much my bini friends hold the man in high esteem - almost to the point of deification. But the shameful partisanship he is displaying (in OPENLY endorsing Oshiomhole and shunning the PDP delegation), and especially the effluvium spewed by bini bigots on this thread has made me lose all respect for the man and the stale tradition he represents. The almost god-like powers and super-human impunity attributed to the local traditional "king" (*scoffs*) in this age of modern statism is laughable. Only a very big fool would assume that traditional "kings" still possess the powers and importance they had in pre-colonial Nigeria. This goes to show how parochial and deluded these bini people are - such that otherwise enlightened and educated people would equate an anachronistic tradition with modern constitutionalism, and imply that their local chief (for that is what the old man is) is not surbordinate to constituted authority. This kind of shameful parochialism is part of the reason why Africa is doomed to remain backward. Rubbish!
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by PhysicsQED(m): 9:59pm On Jul 02, 2012
pro01: and especially the effluvium spewed by bini bigots on this thread has made me lose all respect for the man and the stale tradition he represents.

Dude, you're just not honest.

All throughout this thread attacks were pouring in on the Oba and on the Bini people and some people - and some of them were not even Bini - were countering back. I looked through this thread and tried to find "Bini bigots", but in each instance I saw them attacking people who had thrown the first punch and even those Binis who weren't actually countering others didn't make bigoted statements.

Who really cares whether you respect the tradition or the man? Who are you exactly? Nobody.

No one is under the impression that any kings possess the powers they had in pre-colonial Nigeria but it is just factually incorrect to spew the crap you were spewing about fictitious depositions based on naive assumptions. It is not correct to assert that "constituted authority" of the state has some kind of all encompassing power that spills over into issues that are not within its necessarily limited domain. People's liberties and culture are not just manhandled anyhow based on the whims of whatever politician is currently in power - not for my people, anyway.

The PDP delegation has been there (the palace) before and they made the mistake of trying to use the Oba's palace as a "soapbox" in order to "shine" when they were given a chance to speak and there's no doubt some of them will be back there again right before the election seeking favor or endorsement so I don't know why you're crying more than the "bereaved" over a non-issue.

I think that "tribalism" and ethnic bias are one of the reasons Africa remains backward and unstable - people can't even analyze such a simple interaction without putting their ethnic shades on. Everything becomes about "Bini" or "non-Bini" as if that were really even relevant to the story, and people try to score cheap shots by attacking other people's heritage or culture over non-issues and imagined controversies.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by bokohalal(m): 11:33pm On Jul 02, 2012
pro01: Lol. The Oba is bla bla, the Oba is bla bla. The Oba can't the deposed because he is bla bla. Frankly, I had my due respect for the old man and the ancient traditional heritage he embodies, and I have always been bemused by how much my bini friends hold the man in high esteem - almost to the point of deification. But the shameful partisanship he is displaying (in OPENLY [b]endorsing [/b]Oshiomhole and shunning the PDP delegation), and especially the effluvium spewed by bini bigots on this thread has made me lose all respect for the man and the stale tradition he represents. The almost god-like powers and super-human impunity attributed to the local traditional "king" (*scoffs*) in this age of modern statism is laughable. Only a very big fool would assume that traditional "kings" still possess the powers and importance they had in pre-colonial Nigeria. This goes to show how parochial and deluded these bini people are - such that otherwise enlightened and educated people would equate an anachronistic tradition with modern constitutionalism, and imply that their local chief (for that is what the old man is) is not surbordinate to constituted authority. This kind of shameful parochialism is part of the reason why Africa is doomed to remain backward. Rubbish!

That is very very not correct.
You cannot fault a people for the way they revere a person or thing.
The Bini effluvia,if any ,is ato reaction those who tossed theirs at the symbol and head of the Bini nation. Try Koran and the Prophet of Islam.
It is apparent that you support the PDP. You are entitled to that. Too bad they will lose the governorship election in Edo State and the Edos Do not need the Oba's help to give Oshiomole victory.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Revolutnz: 10:45am On Jul 03, 2012
Once beaten, twice shy.This Oba has learnt is lesson in a hard way by supporting them.Now, he has vow never to invite the devil to his home again.I respect this Oba of Benin so much. He is so wise. Invite 'Poverty Devolopment' to your home at your own peril.

Forward ever Benin, backward never.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2012
gbogboti: African presidents self! They make every village head feel so important! Mtschewwwwwwww

Oba of Benin, village head?

Your mother must be a prost.itute.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
pro01:

Keep shut, you ignoramus. How can you compare a mere communal head - and there are thousands of them in this funny jungle called Nigeria - to the Queen of England, who is the Head of State of England, the CONSTITUTIONAL monarch of the Commonwealth Realms, and the Supreme Governor of the Church of England. . .whose face is on the national currency? Are you daft or are you just mentally retarded?

To those of you who are asking the foooooolish question "who is Jonathan"? And saying that the Oba of Benin can choose not to see him? Smh. Your ignorance is worse than a terminal disease. You dumb kids don't know anything about constitutionalism and state protocol. The personality of the president is irrelevant, and so is your personal sentiments about him. What matters is the the individual occupying the office of the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces is the MOST IMPORTANT individual in the land; the embodiment and personification of the Nigerian state, and MUST be respected as such by all other authorities in the land - be they temporal, spiritual, political, social, or legal.

The Oba of Benin, with due respect to the handful Bini people that venerate him, is not recognised by the Nigerian consitution. His position is completely devoid of any real significance other than traditional and ceremonial. He cannot overrate his importance in the Nigerian polity, much less arrogate to himself, the prerogative of defying protocol by choosing not to see the president. He realises that, of course, which is why he invited the president into his inner chamber - contrary to the claims of the OP. But for those of you here saying otherwise, you need to get a life. And in case you don't know, the traditional authorities are SUBORDINATE to political authority, and the law empowers even the governor to depose any traditional ruler in his state if need be.

You can worship your Oba for all I care, but don't make it seem like the rest of the country knows who the hell he is, or even gives a Bleep. Nothing pisses me off than an overbloated sense of self-importance.

Go and tell that rubbish to your whorish mother and armed robber father you dirty, slave animal.

HOW DARE YOU COME HERE INSULTING THE BENIN KINGDOM?

ARE YOU CURSED? IS YOUR FAMILY CURSED?

The Oba of Benin is a MAJOR PERSONALITY IN NIGERIA whether or not your stupi.d COLONIAL LAWS supposedly recognise his authority.

The Benin kingdom has been here thousands of years before there was a ''Nigeria'' and will be here thousands of years AFTER the demise of Nigeria. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT, GO FK YOUR DUMB, COLONISED SELF, you nasty, cursed ANIMAL.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2012
I'm really fuming here with rage that these imbeciles have the nerve to come in here insulting the Benin Kingdom and its Oba simply because they have internet access. I don't blame them. I blame our education system for churning out these worthless colonised braindead zombies excellent at reciting English and American history while spitting on their own heritage like cursed riff-raff. Worthless vagabonds.

Let me just hear ANYBODY insult our heritage here one more time and you'll get the tongue lashing of your life.

Rubbish. angry

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
pro01: Lol. The Oba is bla bla, the Oba is bla bla. The Oba can't the deposed because he is bla bla. Frankly, I had my due respect for the old man and the ancient traditional heritage he embodies, and I have always been bemused by how much my bini friends hold the man in high esteem - almost to the point of deification. But the shameful partisanship he is displaying (in OPENLY endorsing Oshiomhole and shunning the PDP delegation), and especially the effluvium spewed by bini bigots on this thread has made me lose all respect for the man and the stale tradition he represents. The almost god-like powers and super-human impunity attributed to the local traditional "king" (*scoffs*) in this age of modern statism is laughable. Only a very big fool would assume that traditional "kings" still possess the powers and importance they had in pre-colonial Nigeria. This goes to show how parochial and deluded these bini people are - such that otherwise enlightened and educated people would equate an anachronistic tradition with modern constitutionalism, and imply that their local chief (for that is what the old man is) is not surbordinate to constituted authority. This kind of shameful parochialism is part of the reason why Africa is doomed to remain backward. Rubbish!

I don't blame you. Is it not the wretched colonial mis-education that's turned you into an ignoramus blowing stupi.d grammar? Go to Botswana today. It's black Africa's most advanced nation and the least corrupt nation on the entire African continent. So what differentiates Botswana from everyone else in Africa?

WELL, UNLIKE US WHOLESALE IMPORTERS OF FOREIGN POLITICAL SYSTEMS, THEY MELDED THEIR TRADITIONAL ADMINISTRATION WITH MODERN GOVT. THEY HAVE A HOUSE OF CHIEFS WHICH MUST BE CONSULTED ON ALL MATTERS PERTAINING TO THE PEOPLE. THE HOUSE OF CHIEFS CAN SUMMON THE PRESIDENT AND HIS CABINET AT ANY GIVEN TIME ON ANY ISSUE. NO MAJOR DECISION RELATING TO THE PEOPLE CAN BE TAKEN WITHOUT THEIR PRESENCE AND INPUT.

SO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS STOP BLOWING COLONIAL GRAMMAR, USE YOUR BRAIN, AND SHOW GREATER RESPECT FOR OUR TRADITIONAL INSTITUTIONS. IN THE DAYS OF THE BENIN EMPIRE, THEFT WAS UNKNOWN IN THE KINGDOM. CORRUPTION WAS UNHEARD OF. THE BENIN EMPIRE WAS AMONG THE FEW IN NIGERIA THAT SHUNNED THE SLAVE TRADE AND REFUSED TO TRADE IN SLAVES, DESPITE ALL ENTREATIES FROM EUROPE. THEY MAINTAINED AMBASSADORS AND EMBASSIES IN EUROPE AS EARLY AS THE 1400s, AND INSISTED ON LEGITIMATE TRADE. THE MOST ENLIGHTENED KINGDOM IN WEST AFRICA THAT WOULD HAVE ADVANCED LIKE ITS PEERS AROUND THE WORLD ABSENT OF COLONIALISM. THIS WAS WHY THE BRITISH WENT TO GREAT LENGTHS TO DESTROY THE GREAT EMPIRE. HOW DARE ANYBODY COME HERE AND INSULT BENIN AND THE OBA? HOW DARE YOU? NOT WHILE I'M AROUND YOU DON'T. IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR HISTORY, GO AND READ IT.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by yungboss(m): 9:25am On Jul 07, 2012
pro01: Lol. The Oba is bla bla, the Oba is bla bla. The Oba can't the deposed because he is bla bla. Frankly, I had my due respect for the old man and the ancient traditional heritage he embodies, and I have always been bemused by how much my bini friends hold the man in high esteem - almost to the point of deification. But the shameful partisanship he is displaying (in OPENLY endorsing Oshiomhole and shunning the PDP delegation), and especially the effluvium spewed by bini bigots on this thread has made me lose all respect for the man and the stale tradition he represents. The almost god-like powers and super-human impunity attributed to the local traditional "king" (*scoffs*) in this age of modern statism is laughable. Only a very big fool would assume that traditional "kings" still possess the powers and importance they had in pre-colonial Nigeria. This goes to show how parochial and deluded these bini people are - such that otherwise enlightened and educated people would equate an anachronistic tradition with modern constitutionalism, and imply that their local chief (for that is what the old man is) is not surbordinate to constituted authority. This kind of shameful parochialism is part of the reason why Africa is doomed to remain backward. Rubbish!
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by yungboss(m): 9:25am On Jul 07, 2012
who is this colonial bigot? What does colonialism mean to you (slave trade)? what does developement mean to you? What do they mean, 'enlightenment' and 'education'? Have you read the book 'how europe underdeveloped africa'? england respects its queen today because of what...? Where are your values son, how would you compare the respect you have for your heritage to that the britons have for theirs? Where was Nigeria as compared to the bini kingdom in the 15th century...? You sound irredeemably brainwashed and hold the views of an overbloated kid fed with mcdonald's chocolates form birth...you must be living the culture of your colonial masters as a 3rd class citizen somewhere far from reality. I'm so sorry for you

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by Dede1(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2012
ROSSIKE:

I don't blame you. Is it not the wretched colonial mis-education that's turned you into an ignoramus blowing stupi.d grammar? Go to Botswana today. It's black Africa's most advanced nation and the least corrupt nation on the entire African continent. So what differentiates Botswana from everyone else in Africa?

WELL, UNLIKE US WHOLESALE IMPORTERS OF FOREIGN POLITICAL SYSTEMS, THEY MELDED THEIR TRADITIONAL ADMINISTRATION WITH MODERN GOVT. THEY HAVE A HOUSE OF CHIEFS WHICH MUST BE CONSULTED ON ALL MATTERS PERTAINING TO THE PEOPLE. THE HOUSE OF CHIEFS CAN SUMMON THE PRESIDENT AND HIS CABINET AT ANY GIVEN TIME ON ANY ISSUE. NO MAJOR DECISION RELATING TO THE PEOPLE CAN BE TAKEN WITHOUT THEIR PRESENCE AND INPUT.

SO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS STOP BLOWING COLONIAL GRAMMAR, USE YOUR BRAIN, AND SHOW GREATER RESPECT FOR OUR TRADITIONAL INSTITUTIONS. IN THE DAYS OF THE BENIN EMPIRE, THEFT WAS UNKNOWN IN THE KINGDOM. CORRUPTION WAS UNHEARD OF. THE BENIN EMPIRE WAS AMONG THE FEW IN NIGERIA THAT SHUNNED THE SLAVE TRADE AND REFUSED TO TRADE IN SLAVES, DESPITE ALL ENTREATIES FROM EUROPE. THEY MAINTAINED AMBASSADORS AND EMBASSIES IN EUROPE AS EARLY AS THE 1400s, AND INSISTED ON LEGITIMATE TRADE. THE MOST ENLIGHTENED KINGDOM IN WEST AFRICA THAT WOULD HAVE ADVANCED LIKE ITS PEERS AROUND THE WORLD ABSENT OF COLONIALISM. THIS WAS WHY THE BRITISH WENT TO GREAT LENGTHS TO DESTROY THE GREAT EMPIRE. HOW DARE ANYBODY COME HERE AND INSULT BENIN AND THE OBA? HOW DARE YOU? NOT WHILE I'M AROUND YOU DON'T. IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR HISTORY, GO AND READ IT.

You are a typical example of moronic dingbat who continuously sets Africa back. A lapper such as you allowed the misplaced sentiment of a foot solider cloud your stinking deduction. You referenced Botswana’a development in your goofy post but ignorantly failed to indicate how such development is rooted in African culture and tradition. I had expected you to tell us means used by the Botwanans to covert the straw-roofed houses into straw-corrugated cooler for a mansion.

You have no pedigree to lambast anybody who criticized Oba of Benin as a misguided sojourner on a deliberate mission to denigrate our culture when the Oba himself abandoned anything about Edo culture to attend Kings College in Lagos and further went to London the home of colonial master to get baptized.
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by sallybonne(f): 8:18am On Jul 25, 2012
pro01:

Keep shut, you ignoramus. How can you compare a mere communal head - and there are thousands of them in this funny jungle called Nigeria - to the Queen of England, who is the Head of State of England, the CONSTITUTIONAL monarch of the Commonwealth Realms, and the Supreme Governor of the Church of England. . .whose face is on the national currency? Are you daft or are you just mentally retarded?

To those of you who are asking the foooooolish question "who is Jonathan"? And saying that the Oba of Benin can choose not to see him? Smh. Your ignorance is worse than a terminal disease. You dumb kids don't know anything about constitutionalism and state protocol. The personality of the president is irrelevant, and so is your personal sentiments about him. What matters is the the individual occupying the office of the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces is the MOST IMPORTANT individual in the land; the embodiment and personification of the Nigerian state, and MUST be respected as such by all other authorities in the land - be they temporal, spiritual, political, social, or legal.

The Oba of Benin, with due respect to the handful Bini people that venerate him, is not recognised by the Nigerian consitution. His position is completely devoid of any real significance other than traditional and ceremonial. He cannot overrate his importance in the Nigerian polity, much less arrogate to himself, the prerogative of defying protocol by choosing not to see the president. He realises that, of course, which is why he invited the president into his inner chamber - contrary to the claims of the OP. But for those of you here saying otherwise, you need to get a life. And in case you don't know, the traditional authorities are SUBORDINATE to political authority, and the law empowers even the governor to depose any tradition

I won't call u any names cos I can see people like u cant comment witout calling names did u refer to nigeria as a jungle u must really b the ignorant one so ur part of d peeps dt refer to africa and nigeria as a jungle, who made d queen of england what she is if not her people when u lack respect 4 wat u have how do u xpect others to respect it, why did I waste my time commenting are u even a nigerian, its called nairaland seeing u outsiders and foreigners cant do witout commenting on anytin nigerian pls stop faking IDs and commenting here u wateva u call ursef is d slowpoke .
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by koolguy88(m): 1:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
Osahon7:

you dont knw anytin...so i advice u kip shut...b4 I blast u wit chicken pox....
try that shit & face the music
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by baralatie(m): 3:19pm On Apr 30, 2017
and oba of Lagos refused to shake ooni of ife why is this up
Re: Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace by PFRB: 5:31pm On Apr 30, 2017
The Oba had died that time but they did not want to tell us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

EFCC To Invite Feyisetan Fayose, Wife Of Fayose / IYC To Wike: You Are Dancing On The Graves Of Our 42 Kinsmen / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like During This Lockdown?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.