Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,704 members, 7,802,095 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1774691 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:22pm On Aug 26, 2013
Panoramic landscape view of Enugu countryside:

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:23pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ngwo pine forest Enugu:

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:23pm On Aug 26, 2013
More Ngwo pine forest:

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ogurugu lake Nsukka:

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Akwukwe beach Enugu:

Interesting. Everyone dressed up grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Fulani settlement Akwukwe Enugu:
am particularly worried about this fulani settlement, this is how it starts, in fews years time they will claim they own that area of land.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nightshift(m): 10:41pm On Aug 26, 2013
Great job, Igboson! Pictures telling stories a million words can't tell!

Having travelled around Igboland, i am yet to see a place beautiful like Akwuke Beach. All the surroundings are a breathtaking beauty. It's a great treasure from nature for Enugu state.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
Nightshift: Great job, Igboson! Pictures telling stories a million words can't tell!

Having travelled around Igboland, i am yet to see a place beautiful like Akwuke Beach. All the surroundings are a breathtaking beauty. It's a great treasure from nature for Enugu state.
yet no plans to develop and generate revenue from these God's gift. all eyes are just on the oil. I can still remember the large number of students that storm those places each year. great revenue can come from these picnics while at the same time providing recreation for residents and possibly trourists.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 11:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
CFCfan:

Interesting. Everyone dressed up grin

^^^Good eye Chelseafan! wink

Could be they fully subscribe to the message of this video grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWZisnZ-RGE
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Good eye Chelseafan! wink

Could be they fully subscribe to the message of this video grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWZisnZ-RGE

Lol. That could be the case. grin

On the airport, I believe the 'mega' carriers such as Emirates or even British Airways, will wait till the new terminal is completed before they move in. The present doemstic terminal can't possibly handle 7 large plane loads of passengers.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 7:46am On Aug 27, 2013
CFCfan:

Lol. That could be the case. grin

On the airport, I believe the 'mega' carriers such as Emirates or even British Airways, will wait till the new terminal is completed before they move in. The present doemstic terminal can't possibly handle 7 large plane loads of passengers.

Let the Emirate, British airways wait till Ethiopia made all the money. They are waiting for others to do the Job for them so that it will be easy for them to fly. The truth is that, if you use emirate or British airways to Lagos, you will still have to spend a day in Lagos before heading to east spending more money for that matter. This Ethiopia airline that probably will not make much money at the initial stage need to be supported even when other airlines flies to the coal city airport.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:11am On Aug 27, 2013
I really don't see a lack of space as a limiting factor for any airline considering flying the Enugu route. Temporary airconditioned terminals could easily be put up in the interim, until the new terminal building is finished; it's being built by the Chinese, and we know they don't faff about when it comes to construction!

Also, if planes have a quick turnaround time (period from landing to taking off again) then the issue of lack of space would be taken care of to some extent.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 9:29am On Aug 27, 2013
Beach in Enugu!

God really caved Enugu for a purpose.I can see alot of people enjoying themselves down there.

Togetherness alaigbo can be developed.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 12:35am On Aug 28, 2013
Why is this thread dumped in this place? undecided
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 28, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Why is this thread dumped in this place? undecided

Its mystifying to me too. I guess someone petitioned a mod to move it here embarassed
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ubomez2yahooc: 9:05am On Aug 28, 2013
Ethiopian airlines flight for Wednesday is presently on its way to AIIA, Enugu. It is a four hours flight and lands at about 12 in the afternoon.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by B2mario(m): 10:07am On Aug 28, 2013
Mr.chippychappy:
[size=15pt]Instead of arguing about which state is the most beautiful in the south east why not argue about the economic viability of the state ? As far as i am concerned the entire south east needs to invest heavily in Agriculture , Fuel depots , Power (Electricity) and security . These four things would make the economic balance of Nigeria swing in the direction of the south east. Showing pictures of how beautiful your state is doesn't change the fact that the youths in the south east are unemployed neither does it change the fact that fuel pump price in the south east is one of the most expensive in the entire country .[/size]
Enyi ya forget about the issue of unemployment of youths in the SE, as igbos let them hustle and make it out of their sweats like their fathers instead of relying on govt which is pure laziness
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 10:37am On Aug 28, 2013
ubomez2@yahoo.c:
Ethiopian airlines flight for Wednesday is presently on its way to AIIA, Enugu. It is a four hours flight and lands at about 12 in the afternoon.

I just tracked it and came here to post it only to see that you have posted it already. Its the third flight to this airport and I feel they are gaining ground and the awareness has been established. Post it anywhere u see igbos that they should use their airport rather than Lagos and create or make revenues and create employment vital for the development of the region.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ubomez2yahooc: 12:15pm On Aug 28, 2013
Fellow nairalander I can assure you that the news of the commencement of flights into AIIA is wide spread amongst Nigerians in Europe, US and the UK. The FAAN should fast track the installation of night landing operaton capabilities at the airport. This would help to allocate more international flight slots. I can forsee a clamour for more frequencies as we approach December. On the maiden flight the Deputy CEO of Ethiopian Airlines Mr Hailu said they would increase the flights to daily and also use a much bigger wide-body jet. However, we must be patient and one step at a time.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 12:37pm On Aug 28, 2013
ubomez2@yahoo.c:
Fellow nairalander I can assure you that the news of the commencement of flights into AIIA is wide spread amongst Nigerians in Europe, US and the UK. The FAAN should fast track the installation of night landing operaton capabilities at the airport. This would help to allocate more international flight slots. I can forsee a clamour for more frequencies as we approach December. On the maiden flight the Deputy CEO of Ethiopian Airlines Mr Hailu said they would increase the flights to daily and also use a much bigger wide-body jet. However, we must be patient and one step at a time.

^^^That's one thing with governance in this country.....no joined up thinking and planning ahead! When they were expanding the runway for a few billion about 3 years ago, why didn't they include the nightime landing equipment then? I hate all this time wasting and faffing about!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^That's one thing with governance in this country.....no joined up thinking and planning ahead! When they were expanding the runway for a few billion about 3 years ago, why didn't they include the nightime landing equipment then? I hate all this time wasting and faffing about!
men I tire for this people o
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2013
My brothers, I am very certain that sometime last year around april, may or june(can't remember exactly), this airport was closed to install night landing lights or wat ever it is called to allow flights to land in the night in Enugu. It was done in Lagos, Enugu, Abuja, port, Kano etc.

Most of us have not been to the airport yet but we still feel that Night landing lights are not yet installed. I think it has been installed. For the fact the Ethiopia airline operates in the day does not make it look as if there is no night landing lights and other things to facilitate the landing of flights at night.

Again am sure the minister would have commented on it if there is no such thing and may be given us a particular time to expect it but she didn't showing that the runway are all good with everything. Am very sure Enugu has the Night lights for flights landing at night. You guys can google it and tell me wat u saw. The minister cannot allow that airport to operate like that. She had installed all those things.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ubomez2yahooc: 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2013
I wholly agree with you on this point. An airport is primarily the runway and control tower. At present China is building a brand new international terminal at the airport(AIIA)costing billions.It would have made more common sense to spend that amount on installing the runway equipment first as a priority.One of our problems as Nigerians is that we tend to over celebrate and underachieve. On the 24th we all were happy with joy but unaware that the job is not complete. There is still time and hope that things are done speedily.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 3:13pm On Aug 28, 2013
odili.net/news/source/2012/mar/21/1.html

I got it now. Check the site and u will see that it was after Easter 2012 that the FAAN close the airport to install Runway lights. Quote from the page I provided below.

[To make the airport functional both in the day
and at night, the airfield lighting has been
installed while Instrument Landing Systems (ILS)
are expected to be installed by NAMA.]
[b]odili.net/news/source/2012/mar/21/1.html

I got it now. Check the site and u will see that it was after Easter 2012 that the FAAN close the airport to install Runway lights. Quote from the page I provided below.

[/b]odili.net/news/source/2012/mar/21/1.html

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ubomez2yahooc: 3:45pm On Aug 28, 2013
Thankyou my friend for educating me I got my facts wrong.I have checked your source and it is correct. I also went a step further and found out that the contract was done by a company called PWGROUP. They rebuilt the runway from 2.5km to 3km and also installed airfield lighting and other equipment at a cost of 78million dollars. My question now is when will night flights commence? This of course is dependent on foreign airlines and the federal government. All is well that ends well.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IgboDelta: 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
NDI IGBO ARE BLESSED

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Longeria(m): 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
Igbo Delta: NDI IGBO ARE BLESSED
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Longeria(m): 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2013
Igbo Delta: NDI IGBO ARE BLESSED
I agree with you.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2013
Ikengawo:
is this the holy trinity church in independence layout??
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 10:29pm On Aug 28, 2013
Does anyone have an update on the status of work on the new terminal building the Chinese are constructing?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Dibiachukwu: 10:35pm On Aug 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
I think it's a great plan and we have to start by connecting all the states in SE together by road and rail afterall the east is not that big. If we put these things and other things in place, Igboland might just become a conurbation. My problem is in the fundraising.
For fundraising, I think what we need are people who can command the respect of the average Igbo man; then believe me, people would invest and even donate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (694) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.