Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,868 members, 7,806,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1777736 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by RepEnugu(m): 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
spyder880:

I remember the last time I was in Eha Amufu was like 10 years ago on a marriage ceremony for a brother. The roads were bad, is the federal college of education still there? Even Ebonyi state could not build the road to Nigercem Nkalagu back then.
the federal college of education is still there, eha-amufu does not exist according to the enugu state government,most times I feel ashamed to tell people that am from "eha-amufu".....
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
Hello people
Bikonu....kowagodunu maka transfer of Boko Haramites to SE prisons
.....what do you know?

O du important.....cos....
That is an insult to the Igbo psyche....like imagine ihe ga na eme na land ndi nna ochie ayi!
Even the whole world would clamour for Biafra for Ndigbo
sad
Also...I saw this on that Gowon thread now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w4YlhJwqK8

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2015
RepEnugu:
the federal college of education is still there, eha-amufu does not exist according to the enugu state government,most times I feel ashamed to tell people that am from "eha-amufu".....

If an Eha Amufu person that has a college of education can say that his town does not exist in Enugu state, what will a person from Nomeh Unateze say, we that has been abandoned since after the war?

I always tell visitors who are unfortunate enough to come to our place that this place is a different country in a non existent state. I am sure that our local government chairman has never stepped a foot in our town, if he does, he will trek home because his vehicle will be stuck in the mud grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 3:57am On Jul 11, 2015
Oyenuga:

[size=18pt]Another Yoruba pastor arrested with drugs at Enugu Intl. airport[/size]
Jul 7, 2015Ben Ezeamalu

A pastor with the Gospel Faith International Mission, Lagos, has been arrested by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, for smuggling 1.978 kilogrammes of heroin concealed in a false bottom of his luggage.
Daniel Akintola, 43, was caught at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, on an inward flight from Entebbe, Uganda.
In a statement Wednesday, the NDLEA said Mr. Akintola, who claimed to be returning from a Pastors’ Conference in Uganda, wanted to abandon his luggage at the arrival hall for fear of arrest.
“He wanted to abandon the luggage but we detected his intention,” said Nsikak-Abasi Udoh, NDLEA Commander at Enugu airport.
Mr. Akintola’s arrest came few weeks after the NDLEA arrested a Lagos-based pastor at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, for smuggling narcotics to South Africa.
“I am a pastor with Gospel Faith Mission International, Olayemi Assembly, Ipaja, Lagos,” Mr. Akintola told investigators according to the NDLEA.
“I attended a minister’s conference in Uganda. This bag where heroin was found is my bag but I am a pastor and not a drug trafficker,” said the pastor, who hails from Oyo State.
But the NDLEA said Mr. Akintola could not produce any evidence that he attended a minister’s conference in Uganda.
“Besides, he also did not give any reason for leaving Entebbe, Uganda en-route Addis Ababa to Enugu,” the agency said.
Another suspect, Tochukwu Onwuegbusi, was arrested at the airport by the anti-narcotics agency for concealing 51.5kg of ephedrine inside his luggage en-route Maputo, Mozambique.
According to the agency, the suspect said he was asked to take the bag of ephedrine to Mozambique for a fee of $2,500.
“I am a business man but after Customs seized my goods I became stranded,” Mr. Onwuegbusi told investigators.
“They paid my return ticket and promised that the person that will receive the bag in Maputo will give me $2,500. I would have invested the money in import business,” said the suspect who hails Anambra State.
Ahmadu Giade, NDLEA Chairman, said that there would be no hiding place for drug traffickers.
“Drug traffickers have no place to hide. Unless they quit their criminal act, the law will take its course,” Mr. Giade said.
“Let me appeal to members of the public to report drug dealers to the nearest NDLEA office.”
It will be recalled that the resident pastor of the Eternal Sacred Order of Cherubim and Seraphim at Agodo-Egbe, Ikotun, Lagos, was recently arrested over unlawful exportation of 174kg of narcotics to South Africa.
The suspect, Michael Raji, was arrested following the interception of the drug at the cargo section of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport during pre-shipment examination.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/182582-another-pastor-arrested-with-drugs-at-enugu-airport.html

Please why are yorubas rushing to use Enugu airport for drugs smuggling?
Yorubas are up to another evil plot.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:51am On Jul 11, 2015
In the future, an airport hotel would be necessary for the Akanu Ibiam airport to be rated as a top transit terminal in Nigeria, nay West Africa.

With some countries opening visa offices in PH, we hope the UK, US, China and UAE follow suit. These countries could either open new visa offices in PH or Enugu. Then, a woman resident in Udi wouldn't have to travel all the way to Abuja or Lagos, just to apply for a visa. More international airlines should also set up offices in the SE.

I'm happy Hotel Presidential is undergoing a N4bn overhaul; hoping that some true 4 or 5-star hotels spring up in the Coal city.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:12am On Jul 11, 2015
CFCfan:
In the future, an airport hotel would be necessary for the Akanu Ibiam airport to be rated as a top transit terminal in Nigeria, nay West Africa.

With some countries opening visa offices in PH, we hope the UK, US, China and UAE follow suit. These countries could either open new visa offices in PH or Enugu. Then, a woman resident in Udi wouldn't have to travel all the way to Abuja or Lagos, just to apply for a visa. More international airlines should also set up offices in the SE.

I'm happy Hotel Presidential is undergoing a N4bn overhaul; hoping that some true 4 or 5-star hotels spring up in the Coal city.

There is a hotel building under construction right at the airport entrance. I think the airport authorities are in charge of it.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 11, 2015
The issue is, will it be a mega hotel with high class services or the usual 'bungalow' hotel we see around.

spyder880:

There is a hotel building under construction right at the airport entrance. I think the airport authorities are in charge of it.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 11, 2015
centje:
The issue is, will it be a mega hotel with high class services or the usual 'bungalow' hotel we see around.

From spyder88's description, the hotel should be a 'bungalow' type, which is okay. Airport hotels in most countries are contain less than 200 rooms. They're mostly for passengers on transit.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by orlanmagic: 9:52am On Jul 11, 2015
Any new FG development plans for South East ??

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
This is the new construction for the airport hotel, today.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:00pm On Jul 11, 2015
Emene road works, today.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:05pm On Jul 11, 2015
I was part of this fun carnival in Enugu this morning. ..........

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 4:05pm On Jul 11, 2015
spyder880:
Emene road works, today.
what is the construction company?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
asha80:
what is the construction company?

l didn't get a close look, but I saw Triax company there on the boards. I don't know if Triax owns it ow is building it. As at the last time I checked, Triax is owned by Prince Engr. Arthur Eze.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2015
You didn't see me among the crowd? Alright, did you see the guy on green and green, super eagles jersey, that's Spyder880. If I catch you in this field, I will dribble you like Okocha grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
What is this project they are building so close to our house of assembly complex? This seems like a company or something like that. Who owns it?

I noticed this construction from late last year.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2015
The Enugu state house of assembly complex. .........

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
More pictures later. ....

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 4:39pm On Jul 11, 2015
spyder880:
This is the new construction for the airport hotel, today.
Hopefully, they'll build something world class and not just another tasteless hotel for the sake of it.With a basic square shape ,tiny parking lot,tiny swimming pool if any and a basic 7 feet by 8 feet hotel rooms, with no central restaurant nor conference hall.

I read somewhere that only one Nigeria university made the top 10 list in Africa (not the world), while Kenya had 3 universities on that list and SA had 5 universities on the list! It was particularly disheartening knowing that Nigeria in the last 10 years had established more than 20 new universities! All built in the same pattern and standard of the 1960s universities of small bungalow classroom blocks and no attempt to equip them with 21st century gadgets and libraries. it just makes you wonder when our people will really develop and start building first-world type infrastructure.
I would wish our people now begin to strive for world class standard now. In the days of 1960s-1980s, we were merely concerned with basic infrastructure since most of the facilities were being built for the first time ever. Now we should be concerned with attaining world standard in every new infrastructure since we already have hotels etc. I expect this structure to be a modern hotel that can compete with the likes in Nairobi, Durban or Botswana. Hopefully, the hotel developer will meet our modest expectation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
I heard sometime ago that it's another mall. Though, Its location casts some doubt on this info.

Spyder, it seems you struck a bargain with Nairaland Admin, to keep this thread in politics section while you stop traffic to your website, or was it a threat? Since the return of this thread to politics section, you have not directed us to your web.

spyder880:
What is this project they are building so close to our house of assembly complex? This seems like a company or something like that. Who owns it?

I noticed this construction from late last year.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2617761_20150711081127_jpeg5eae3ff1b3800c56fe777f9ee39154f8
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2015
Bad guy grin

About the saturday carnival, I just have to come out on Saturday morning and join the fun or is there and 'ritual' before joining?

spyder880:
You didn't see me among the crowd? Alright, did you see the guy on green and green, super eagles jersey, that's Spyder880. If I catch you in this field, I will dribble you like Okocha grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
spyder880:

l didn't get a close look, but I saw Triax company there on the boards. I don't know if Triax owns it ow is building it. As at the last time I checked, Triax is owned by Prince Engr. Arthur Eze.
the same Arthur 1000?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
It's not necessarily a skyscraper or something, but should be of good architecture. Most of the hotels in Enugu are relatively not impressive, owerri has better hotels, and from what I see on the billboard its the usual design.

CFCfan:

From spyder88's description, the hotel should be a 'bungalow' type, which is okay. Airport hotels in most countries are contain less than 200 rooms. They're mostly for passengers on transit.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 5:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
centje:
I heard sometime ago that it's another mall. Though, Its location casts some doubt on this info.

Spyder, it seems you struck a bargain with Nairaland Admin, to keep this thread in politics section while you stop traffic to your website, or was it a threat? Since the return of this thread to politics section, you have not directed us to your web.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2617761_20150711081127_jpeg5eae3ff1b3800c56fe777f9ee39154f8

Judging from Obodo oyibo style, it looks like a mall. I think it will do good even in Independence Layout as long as Keke napep people will agree to drop people there. Most Malls in Obodo oyibo are also in their own secluded piece of land away from the city center and people take public transport or drive to the place to for shopping.Typically, what is available in this mall and the price will determine if they grow in leaps and bounds or not.

If they for instance they sell frozen meat at competitive prices in a large frozen meat section, they will pull a certain type of customers who want to buy meat, fresh fruits, vegetables and few household goods. But if they hope to anchor another shoprite and copy polo park mall verbatim, they have failed already.

i bookmarked Spyder's blog and visit it almost on daily basis to see what's going on. grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mufutau55(m): 5:11pm On Jul 11, 2015
spyder880:

Is my man Okala (GoalKeeper) still alive? And Christian Chukwu (Captain). Those are the days of my favorite Enugu Rangers.
With our usual victory song: Ikenga Go Marry You. smiley

Come see how my people hating me for a Yoruba man supporting Rangers instead of Ibadan Shooting Stars. I like Mathematical Odegbami though.

Hajji M.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
mufutau55:

Is my man Okala (GoalKeeper) still alive? And Christian Chukwu (Captain). Those are the days of my favorite Enugu Rangers.

Come see how my people hating me for a Yoruba man supporting Rangers instead of Ibadan Shooting Stars. I like Mathematical Odegbami though.

Hajji M.

At a point, i also supported 3sc, especially when Abiola wanted to own it.
I noticed that Nigeria was not so tribalistic in the past as it is now. I think after the civil war, Nigerians learned the dangers of tribalism and taking each other's tolerance for granted. I believe sometime from Abacha's regime to the present time, tribalism has assumed a central role in nigeria. it will probably lead to nigeria's demise unless a great leader is able to make some structural changes to defeat the role of tribalism in Nigeria. Unfortunately, all the leaders we have at present believe they have benefited from tribalism and will definitely not do anything to kill what has benefited them politically.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:22pm On Jul 11, 2015
centje:

Lolllll grin grin grin
You are very close to the truth, they never threatened me but I started to think their last move was as a punishment for my blog links. I will continue to update my blog posts, when readership started to dwindle to less than 100 on some days, I started delaying posts. I will work more on it. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:26pm On Jul 11, 2015
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

I even forgot to go and see if Rangers has a home match today! Oga Mufutau, you are welcome Sir grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 5:27pm On Jul 11, 2015
spyder880:

Lolllll grin grin grin
You are very close to the truth, they never threatened me but I started to think their last most was as a punishment for my blog links. I will continue to update my blog posts, when readership started to dwindle to less than 100 on some days, I started delaying posts. I will work more on it. Thanks.

I think you should consider re-naming the blog so that when one googles , Enugu,Nigeria, Igbo etc, the blog will be amongst the search result. i came to nairaland after i googled the naira exchange rate sometime in 2012. Then the site was one of the results and i found a lot of Igbo bashing which at the time made me astonished. Now, i have joined in the tribal bashing for fun. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:34pm On Jul 11, 2015
centje:
Bad guy grin

About the saturday carnival, I just have to come out on Saturday morning and join the fun or is there and 'ritual' before joining?

Just come in and join, no rituals grin Just beware of these......... except you have some "credit" , then you can make a call grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 5:36pm On Jul 11, 2015
Spyder is that the location of the airport hotel and new mall on the map?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
Lol cheesy I still visit your blog, but I find it difficult to post. Am suppose to go through certain long process before I can post embarassed I will still try again tho'

Thanks for the pictures and update!

spyder880:

Lolllll grin grin grin
You are very close to the truth, they never threatened me but I started to think their last move was as a punishment for my blog links. I will continue to update my blog posts, when readership started to dwindle to less than 100 on some days, I started delaying posts. I will work more on it. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (696) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.