Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1778935 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 7:52pm On Jan 02, 2017
Stingman:

As you can see there is almost nothing going on to post...Unlike when Chime's bulldozers were tearing Enugu apart... Even though governor is doing his best, I believe him can do more...

so if people say they is nothing happening in the state you will believe?
like you said, we all hope he does more and better.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2017
christejames:

...would have loved to, but I'm in Nsukka now (just entered this evening). And I can say without equivocation that the government of the state is doing its best. I just want updates from the capital city cause it's been almost two years that I visited there.
I heard the Governor is doing a lot in Nsukka. maybe you can help us with some pictures. It's good to know that he's doing his best. Just post a few pics. Thanks.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 7:58pm On Jan 02, 2017
Afam4eva:

I heard the Governor is doing a lot in Nsukka. maybe you can help us with some pictures. It's good to know that he's doing his best. Just post a few pics. Thanks.

I just hope what I came here for won't hold me back from doing that. notwithstanding, maybe when I return about two weeks time to finish up my unfinished business with UNN, then I might have ample time to do that.

Cheers big bro!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 7:59pm On Jan 02, 2017
christejames:

I just hope what I came here for won't hold me back from doing that. notwithstanding, maybe when I return about two weeks time to finish up my unfinished business with UNN, then I might have ample time to do that.

Cheers big bro!!!
Jisike. Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Stingman: 10:49pm On Jan 02, 2017
christejames:

so if people say they is nothing happening in the state you will believe?

like you said, we all hope he does more and better.

You will do excellently well by posting pictures as Syder does before...to show what is happening
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by vcinvestement(m): 11:12pm On Jan 02, 2017
If are an Mmm participants and you want to know news about the unfrozen Mavro that will be on 14th January and ask qurstions and get answers about mmm kindly follow this our whatsapp group chat

https:///I7E6rbky6ZSJ2rCjM3RVPH
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:27am On Jan 03, 2017
vcinvestement:
If are an Mmm participants and you want to know news about the unfrozen Mavro that will be on 14th January and ask qurstions and get answers about mmm kindly follow this our whatsapp group chat

https:///I7E6rbky6ZSJ2rCjM3RVPH

Ha! They said it's NNN that is reigning now?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:09pm On Jan 04, 2017
A look on some of our major roads in pictures coming up later. I will first post it at http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/?m=1 before posting them here later.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo102: 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2017
If he is really trying to open up Nsukka, then that is commendable considering that Enugu has always been a one city state, but we are yet to see convincing pictures, those on ground please help

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:50pm On Jan 09, 2017
Let us continue our drive along the Garden avenue, we now speed past Union bank, past CBN buildings, new and old, and up until the Goshen plaza, onto the rail line, take a look up the Polo park mall and the ferris wheel, drive up there and look left, see the shopping mall and still move on, past the GTC junction, the old IMT, now, ESCET, move past the Pentagon shopping outlet and head to the front of the museum, New Berries beckons but we drive past and head towards the round about, do we head straight along or turn right..........?

Find out if we turned right or drove straight in the blog.... cheesy grin http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ogbaku road in agwu

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 8:54pm On Jan 11, 2017
More
Source: Louis Amoke fb

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Customer80: 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ifeanyi ugwuanyi is already leaving a legacy behind, the people of greater awgu are getting their dividends of democracy from his government. Ifeanyi idi anyi nma ooo. Ifeanyi is building schools ,roads in greater awgu unlke the. Chime n chimaraoke who didn't do anything for us.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Customer80: 9:12pm On Jan 11, 2017
God bless Ifeanyi ugwuanyi , a listening governor that has the fear of God not that obi mkpume

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
Well, Ugwuanyi tries in the area of rural roads

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo102: 1:42pm On Jan 15, 2017
How competent is this contractor, mobilization to site looks poor
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by henrychubayo: 8:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
Good day my brothers. I heard from a confirm source that there was too much traffic at the Enugu airport this December and January. Thousands used this cool airport to return home and no one cared to take any picture to post here?

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:24am On Jan 19, 2017
This is a welcome development, that some roads which has been abandoned to gather dust are being swept clear of dust is worthy of commendation. This pictured road is around Garriki Awkunanaw. http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 12:36am On Jan 20, 2017
A bridge construction ongoing in Maryland

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 8:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
Enjoy the best and most nutritious pineapple in Africa from San Carlos farms, Enugu.

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2017
spyder880:
This is a welcome development, that some roads which has been abandoned to gather dust are being swept clear of dust is worthy of commendation. This pictured road is around Garriki Awkunanaw. http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/

GOOD DEVELOPMENT.
The Enugu state government need to also provide gutters on those roads. Culture of building roads without gutters should be discouraged. If we lived in the desert like Saudi arabia, no problem without gutters.But in a rain-forest / savanna region, it is criminal neglect to deliberately exclude gutters knowing that heavy rainfall is an expected normal weather in the area.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 7:09pm On Jan 21, 2017
passion007:
Enjoy the best and most nutritious pineapple in Africa from San Carlos farms, Enugu.
Wow
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 9:03pm On Jan 21, 2017
Digitron:

Wow
Yea, this specie of pineapple is incredibly sweet.
I only wish we could set up agro processing industries locally, rather than export these fruits to Europe's factories.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2017
passion007:

Yea, this specie of pineapple is incredibly sweet.
I only wish we could set up agro processing industries locally, rather than export these fruits to Europe's factories.
Ure very Right but at least for a start, it is commendable as it will serve as a source of foreign exchange
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 9:21pm On Jan 21, 2017
Enugu State Govt. institutes N60mn traders’ empowerment scheme
JANUARY 21ST, 2017 kugwuede@gmail.com' KAY UGWUEDE NEWS 0 COMMENTS
Enugu State Government has instituted a N60million annual traders’ empowerment scheme aimed at encouraging traders in the state.

Godwin Udeuhele, the Commissioner for Information, who addressed newsmen on Saturday in Enugu on the outcome of the State Executive Council Meeting, held on Friday night, said participation in the scheme was free.

Udeuhele said under the scheme, N5 million would be won monthly by registered traders, with each beneficiary going home with N50, 000.

“The Enugu State Traders’ Empowerment Scheme is a wonderful programme that tends to empower traders in the state free of charge.

“The annual amount to be won is N60 million. The sum of N5 million will be won every month with a winner going home with N50, 000,” he said.

The commissioner said that draws for the scheme would be conducted among members of the 37 identified market associations in the state on a rotational basis in major markets within the three senatorial districts.

“The commissioner for commerce has gone round all the markets in the state to identify 37 associations and got them registered. We have names of the registered traders.

“It is from the list we have that draws will be made. You cannot win it twice and nobody will get more than N50, 000,” he said.

Udeuhele said that the draws would be done by the National Lottery Commission, adding that the purpose was to encourage traders contribute more to the economy of the state.

He said that approval was also given for the re-construction of the Holy Ghost Cathedral/Mgbemene Link Road in Enugu to ease traffic congestion along Ogbette Main Market Road.

“It will also provide quick and easy access into the cathedral compound. The road was earlier awarded but was not done due to the high cost and government has decided to do it through direct labour.

“Approval was given for the release of N226.684 million for the construction of Ebonyi River Bridge, along Ugwuogo Nike road to create a major link into one of the largest food producing communities in the state,” he said.

The commissioner said that when completed, the project would enhance the standard of living in the affected areas and make food affordable in the state.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 7:40pm On Jan 27, 2017
Saw this on another thread so I thought to post here for posterity.

https://www.nairaland.com/3596439/capital-projects-2016-fgn-budget#53186329

Capital projects in the FGN 2016 budget for Enugu:

http://nigerdeltabudget.org/F4D%20I%20ENUGU%20TRAINING%20GROUP%20WORK%20%20DESK%20REVIEW.pdf

Please confirm status of the ones near you.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 1:49pm On Jan 28, 2017
Enugu Rural Road Revolution

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 1:50pm On Jan 28, 2017
More

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 1:51pm On Jan 28, 2017
Still on it
Source Amoke fb page

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DelGardo: 2:52pm On Jan 28, 2017
Digitron:
Still on it
Source Amoke fb page

Very nice.
Please name the roads.
Thanks for the update.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Juchii(m): 3:11pm On Jan 28, 2017
I am from Nsukka and I can tell you the truth, Nsukka is where things are happening. One day, I will get the pictures of situation of infrastructure, not only roads but other infrastructure. Even in rural areas, we are feeling the impact of the government of ifeanyi ugwuanyi, our very own son and brother. Although Nsukka people are not so active and supportive when it comes to politics.
If you see the standard of road infrastructure in Nsukka, u will love the governor. He is a man of his words, he is a man with a loin heart, he is man that love his people to the core.
I am a Student of UNN. Although I don't have the money for running around Nsukka town, but I promise that whenever I have some money, I will run around to snap some pictures of some infrastructural development there and post it here and other social media so that people can see his numerous works, with my new camon C9 that somebody just gave me. Our governor didn't stop at Nsukka. He is also working hard in other parts of Enugu.

042 rocks

It is always our governor, ifeanyi ugwuanyi.
The man with lion heart and exceptional leadership quality

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
Contact africlaimnig@gmail.com if you've been involved in a delayed flight to or from Europe in the past, and you could get up to N250,000.
Its a simple and professional process the whole way. Africlaim does the heavy lifting for passengers who have been involved in disrupted flights and gets them compensated by the airline involved.

Email us with a description of your past delay alongside a picture of the E-ticket or flight itinerary. We will keep you updated and in no time your compensation should be ready for transfer or collection at our Lagos branch.

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.