Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,362 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1774816 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:00am On Oct 07, 2018
Obollo Eke, Nsukka

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OpenYourEyes1: 11:41am On Oct 07, 2018
Datazone:
You're a joker
Bookmark this page then.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bamidey: 3:07pm On Oct 13, 2018
basilo101:
Sullivan was mayor of Enugu city. Gburugburu is governor of Enugu state
Governor of Nsukka you mean?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofuzo: 1:16am On Oct 14, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Obollo Eke, Nsukka

Nice very well constructed road EXCEPT the little gutter on both sides. For a very well travelled and educated tribe, this is VERY VERY VERY shameful. You guys really ought to try a little harder. This is 2018 for crying out loud.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 6:21pm On Oct 15, 2018
Uwani

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 7:43pm On Oct 15, 2018
We always respect the light

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ttipsy(f): 8:46pm On Oct 15, 2018
slimthugchimee2:
We always respect the light
so wht
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2018
Ttipsy:
so wht

Baba I didn't say anything, I just wanted my picture to get caption

Oya sorry if I annoy you embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2018
slimthugchimee2:
Uwani

One onuku here usually use Uwani, camp, awkwunanaw to spite Enugu, not knowing Uwani is one of the most planned settlements in Nigeria.
Good inner street roads everywhere

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
Was in the Coal City fortnight ago and I can say that the City is still glistening apart from few skirmishes here and there mainly towards traffic lights that are barely regulating the traffic. Most junctions only have the Amber blinking...

The real estate sector is booming. I so much love our tenements that dot the city's skyline, I saw beautiful tenements that can pass for mansions.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
Tenements at Maryland, and area around UNEC main gate

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 4:57pm On Oct 18, 2018
I think the building underconstruction in the pix below should be a shopping complex, that building is just opposite the new secretariat complex and behind Heritage Estate.

And the last two pix are those of New Market road leading to NCFC building Roundabout.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ozibe: 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2018
christejames:
Was in the Coal City fortnight ago and I can say that the City is still glistening apart from few skirmishes here and there mainly towards traffic lights that are barely regulating the traffic. Most junctions only have the Amber blinking...

The real estate sector is booming. I so much love our tenements that dot the city's skyline, I saw beautiful tenements that can pass for mansions.

All i can see is a Neat, clean, calm, green and beautiful city. Let's keep it up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 5:04pm On Oct 18, 2018
How I wish the State's Govt will just transform that unused land just close to the New Market and surrounded by roads (as in the pix below) into a State's Park or make it a woodland. It would go a long way in boosting the tourism sector of the state. A lot need to be harnessed here.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mistacoco2: 5:52pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ok.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BankeSmalls(f): 5:56pm On Oct 18, 2018
christejames:

I miss this city. My parents took me to this cold city many years ago. I was thrilled when we got to my sister's school there. Looks like paradise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee2(m): 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2018
So I was watching an old Sam loco and osuofia movie and I noticed this street in uwani and how it has really changed, I think that's ngwo park, correct me if I'm wrong

Picture 1- throwback

Picture 2- early this year

Picture 3- thesame place but just a little further away

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by sultanodudua: 11:17am On Oct 23, 2018
christejames:
How I wish the State's Govt will just transform that unused land just close to the New Market and surrounded by roads (as in the pix below) into a State's Park or make it a woodland. It would go a long way in boosting the tourism sector of the state. A lot need to be harnessed here.
That unused land used to be known as muritala mohammed park and i heard that the park has been sold. It is interesting to know that there was a time the government of atom kpera renamed kingsway road to muritala mohammed way.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by sultanodudua: 11:20am On Oct 23, 2018
slimthugchimee2:
So I was watching an old Sam loco and osuofia movie and I noticed this street in uwani and how it has really changed, I think that's ngwo park, correct me if I'm wrong

Picture 1- throwback

Amazing transformation.
Ngwo/nnaji street park use to be the largest park in Enugu back in the days. Part of the park was sold to sacred heart which they used to build it's high school.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by sonature1: 8:27am On Nov 03, 2018
Ofuzo:

Nice very well constructed road EXCEPT the little gutter on both sides. For a very well travelled and educated tribe, this is VERY VERY VERY shameful. You guys really ought to try a little harder. This is 2018 for crying out loud.

Bikonu, I think we need to start correcting some things
That's a ditch not a gutter
A gutter is that thing we normally construct with zinc sheet on the edge of our roof to channel rain water into our plastic tanks
I hope this helps grin

https://www.google.com/search?q=gutter&hl=en-US&tbm=isch&oq=gutter&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.3..0l5.178780.183485.1.184555.10.5.3.2.2.0.596.1503.1j0j2j1j0j1.5.0....0...1c.1.34.mobile-heirloom-serp..4.24.3388.oOkcC3ADLLk

https://www.google.com/search?q=drainage+ditches&hl=en-US&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5yKKv2LfeAhWLKMAKHYkyAtkQ_AUIBigB
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by sonature1: 8:47am On Nov 03, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:
For those who are interested, here are some projects we sre currently working on:

- Development of Nsibidi writing. And the Translation of Science, Art and important academic books into Nsibidi.

- Building a Virtual Biafra on Blockchain. Blockchain is a decentralized database or platform which Bitcoin Cryptocurency is built on. It is like Apps running on Android Operating System— the apps are Cryptocurencies while the Operating system is Blockchain but decentralized.
The virtual Biafra will be equipped with virtual infrastructures, will have Insurances, sustainable welfare schemes, Healthcare, Academic institutions, Industries, Research institutions, Citizens info/identities, Biometric authentication,etc. They will run on Ethereum-like Blockchain as DApp(Decentralized Applications).
These things will be automated, meaning they will run on their own, and supervised by users. This does help prevent corruption and administrative beaureocracy.

- Creation of Biafra Cryptocurency. As some of you may know, Blockchain and Cryptocurency are censorship resistant, unhackable, transparent, private/anonymous etc. An independent Nation need a currency for business and trade.

The good thing about this Virtual Nation on Blockchain is that nothing ever gets lost... Data on Blockchain is immutable. Imagine if Southeast is attacked, we can easily move anywhere we want to and continue from where we stopped. All our money, virtual properties will remain intact due to the decentralized nature of Blockchain.
Some of my colleagues even suggested building a "Floating Nation" we can call Biafra on International Water.

I think the entire Project may be funded via ICO(Initial Coin Offering)... am not very sure yet. Normally, a poorly developed proposal hardly get funded or doesn't meet its hardcap. So we want to take our time to prepare something meaningful before the ICO . This could take us a year+ .

We are considering training the best minds from Biafraland for this project.

Blockchain is the future. No government can stop it.

It's interesting to see someone talk about blockchain technology in this part of the world
I can write you the ICO whitepaper for your project
My rate is cool
Just $100
I've written over 25 ICO WPs this year
And I currently write for a Florida-based cryptocurrency news firm
PM me if you need me service, and I will show you my previous works
Thank you
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofuzo: 11:52pm On Nov 03, 2018
sonature1:

Bikonu, I think we need to start correcting some things
That's a ditch not a gutter
A gutter is that thing we normally construct with zinc sheet on the edge of our roof to channel rain water into our plastic tanks
I hope this helps grin

https://www.google.com/search?q=gutter&hl=en-US&tbm=isch&oq=gutter&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.3..0l5.178780.183485.1.184555.10.5.3.2.2.0.596.1503.1j0j2j1j0j1.5.0....0...1c.1.34.mobile-heirloom-serp..4.24.3388.oOkcC3ADLLk

https://www.google.com/search?q=drainage+ditches&hl=en-US&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5yKKv2LfeAhWLKMAKHYkyAtkQ_AUIBigB

From the time I was a young man growing up until I left nigeria in the early eighties, they were always called gutter by everyone. The definition of what gutter means is irrelevant to the discussion, so, I'm going to ignore whatever your definition said and stick to the true, tried and tested local nigerian definition. I still call it gutter.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 12:06am On Nov 04, 2018
Bamidey:

Governor of Nsukka you mean?
Cry cry baby
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 12:13am On Nov 04, 2018
slimthugchimee2:

Picture 1- throwback

And they said gburugbu is doing nothing in enugu city? Gburugbu has refused to be mayor of enugu like sullivan period.

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (694) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.