Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,723 members, 7,805,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1777545 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 9:55pm On Dec 06, 2012
Tunnel under Enugu train station.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/82562970
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 9:57pm On Dec 06, 2012
"ABC Transport Co. Terminal, Ogui Rd,"

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/82562866
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 9:59pm On Dec 06, 2012
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 06, 2012
Crayola1: How do you pronounce Nike

Great shots again cheesy

Its pronounced as "Knee Kay".

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Eifeh(m): 11:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
Lovely, great work thanks for sharing
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Onlytruth(m): 2:15am On Dec 07, 2012
ezeagu thanks a million for putting this thread back on track.
Nwanne you never fail to impress me. Eziokwu.
There are FEW of our folks that have your abilities when it comes to REAL issues. You understand what's up my brother.
Jisie ike.

BTW where is spyder? Did he abandon his thread?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:03am On Dec 07, 2012
Ezeagu! Ezeagu!! Ezeagu!!!

You are dıoıng somethıng to my sensıbılıtıes wıth those pıctures, ımagıne the undıluted beauty! Wow!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chino24: 11:36am On Dec 07, 2012
Ezi okwu.. cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chino24: 11:42am On Dec 07, 2012
Biafra rep: @ Chino, you can call me whatever you like, that shows an eccentric way of reasoning but you cannot dispute a known fact unless you are not informed. Onitsha economy is mainly buying and selling i.e commerce but Aba is more of industry i.e manufacturing, end of discussion. You have done enough damage to this thread already and i wont help you to achieve your aim, now back to the topic, ENUGU is the PRIDE of EASTERN NIGERIA. The most beautiful city in Igboland, From what Spyder has done in show-casing the coal city, i've got to explore its splendour. O42 is the best, east of the Niger and only Owerri and Calabar comes close. Those that envy Enugu should take a dive into the Niger and end their misrable lives.

Abagworo!! grin

This is the order of important SE cities:

Onitsha- Major economic city

Enugu- Former administrative center

Calabar- Tourism center

Aba ngwa- business center

Owerre- Obodo di mma

Udo ka anyi n' acho..
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SamMilla1(m): 12:17pm On Dec 07, 2012
chino24:

Abagworo!! grin

Calabar- Tourism center

Owerre- Wh.or.e town

Why is the giant beautiful city called Awka missing here?
If you dont have a name for it, i could forge one.
Meanwhile thats an insult to the entertainment city of Owerri.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by pazienza(m): 12:25pm On Dec 07, 2012
chino24:

Abagworo!! grin

Calabar- Tourism center

Owerre- Wh.or.e town
Chino, stop this already,go open another thread that praises anambra towns and cities,i as an anambrarian would be the first person there to praise them,but for crying out loud,leave this thread alone,you are not even from anambra central/anambra north,and you are busy carrying onitsha on your head like this,we in idemili north don't even do that. Enugu will always remain the pride of the east,we all built this city together and should together with her natives share in her glory. Btw,calabar is not a SE city,it's an eastern city .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
Onlytruth: ezeagu thanks a million for putting this thread back on track.
Nwanne you never fail to impress me. Eziokwu.
There are FEW of our folks that have your abilities when it comes to REAL issues. You understand what's up my brother.
Jisie ike.

BTW where is spyder? Did he abandon his thread?

Present Sır, I have been around o, just very busy.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Niiade(m): 12:49pm On Dec 07, 2012
hello sir, spyder880
Please do you have access to estate agents, a friend was posted to enugu and we need to get her accomodation. posting was done to an office around independence road. thank you sir
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:52pm On Dec 07, 2012
chino24:

Abagworo!! grin

Calabar- Tourism center

Owerre- Wh.or.e town

Ezi nwa Omanbala,eji Olisebuluwa ayo gi ka I fichaa ife nkea idelu maka Ndi-Owerri maka na onye nwanne ya na agba ajo egwu na ako-oko iku anya. Ka Olisa wukwasa udo n'ngozi puliche na ezinunor gi. Deme !
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chino24: 1:40pm On Dec 07, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Ezi nwa Omanbala,eji Olisebuluwa ayo gi ka I fichaa ife nkea idelu maka Ndi-Owerri maka na onye nwanne ya na agba ajo egwu na ako-oko iku anya. Ka Olisa wukwasa udo n'ngozi puliche na ezinunor gi. Deme !

Nwanne mu anugom ife ikwuru..

Udo ka anyi n' acho..

Mana that boy (Abagworo=Biafra Rep) bu onye nsogbu..maka agaghi m arapu ya ka meto obodom..

Igbo nile bu ofu..

All the Igbo cities I listed are in one way or the other the pride of the east and Nigeria at large.

Udo di
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 2:21pm On Dec 07, 2012
confusion everywhere
gringringringringringrin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 3:40pm On Dec 07, 2012
enugu bu egwu eji cool what a nice city.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Biafrarep(m): 4:20pm On Dec 07, 2012
I will definetly recommend Enugu to my folks coming back from Texas for xmas celebration, with the polo park and the other recreational parks, there wont be a dull moment for them. I am so happy that such facilities could be found in Igbo land. Ndi Ofenmanu ihe-oma n'asa afo, ewerela ihere gbalaga. Obi adighi ha nma na Enugu mara odi nma, ebe Ibadan bu isi obodo nke ha, rere ure.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 6:26pm On Dec 07, 2012
ezeagu:

From Imoke hostel.
oh, my hostel! I climbed that hill about half-a-dozen times...great fun.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 11:29pm On Dec 07, 2012
All this talk about am from Enugu or Anambra is the reason why of states creation brings Tribalism and Hatred b/w the same tribe .. Split Nigeria into 3 or 4 let the Northerners(Hausas) go, Westerners(Yorubas) go and Easterners(Ibos) go including SS.. Let the Birth of BIAFRA Prevail....we will all be in the same Ecowas and share common borders, speak the same English language, free board crossing and trade... with this we will respect each other more... so shall it be In Jesus in Mighty Name ..Amen.. 1914 - 2014... 100yrs of Liberation constitutional. Amicable Separation. will be better for igbo land no-more state creation, cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cfours: 5:31am On Dec 08, 2012
ak47mann: All this talk about am from Enugu or Anambra is the reason why of states creation brings Tribalism and Hatred b/w the same tribe .. Split Nigeria into 3 or 4 let the Northerners(Hausas) go, Westerners(Yorubas) go and Easterners(Ibos) go including SS.. Let the Birth of BIAFRA Prevail....we will all be in the same Ecowas and share common borders, speak the same English language, free board crossing and trade... with this we will respect each other more... so shall it be In Jesus in Mighty Name ..Amen.. 1914 - 2014... 100yrs of Liberation constitutional. Amicable Separation. will be better for igbo land no-more state creation, cool

have you ever considered for a second that state creation is NOT the problem?
The problem is the igbo people's inherent nature and mindset to be divisive and "competitive" even amongst themselves. State creation has nothing to do with it.
ex. Yorubas or Hausas do not argue bitterly amongst themselves over which state is better. that just sounds ridiculous to us to do that. so state creation cannot really be blamed for all your woes. infact, last time I checked, igbos are the ones arguing for more state creation. even though they already have enough states for the small size of their region. if things keep going that way, each family in SE will have his own state. lol

also, You guys are extremely sensitive about letting others see any signs of disunity in your camp even when it shows glaringly. That excessive sensitivity to outside criticism and exposure is just a red flag to others that you have a big problem amongst yourselves that you are trying to cover up. You even have your PR-public relations chief (only truth) to give warnings and scoldings to those who are "washing dirty laundry in public." lol I find it very hilarious. why should you care what others think? why do you need to be hushing each other up all the time if you have nothing to hide?

wait....I know why:
it's because the "igbo marginalization" or "igbo persecution" argument that most of you eat and breathe becomes a BIG LIE and SHAM when others see that you are the ones "marginalizing" yourselves. So you try your hardest to make sure no one sees what really goes on in your camp. rotfl EPIC FAIL!

ex Enugu, Abia etc sacking non-indegene igbos from civil service jobs. why would one igbo state remove igbos from the civil service just because they happen to come from another state within the region? And then some igbo fool will open his mouth to complain that he is being marginalized because lagos does not have a igbo governor!! wtf. no wonder you are trying your hardest to hide your disunity. because you are well aware of your hypocrisy!! when you don't even have the right to a common job in your own region, you feel it is your right to demand political post in yorubaland. making yourselves look pitiful.
https://www.nairaland.com/754311/abia-deports-non-indigenous-workers

so, in conclusion: state creation is not the problem. It's a mindset problem.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 6:15am On Dec 08, 2012
The Hausa elite uses the majority of the Hausa population as canon fodder, which is why Boko Haram exists, there's no competition there like in Igboland because the ordinary Hausa in their state is not empowered (or is brought up with the feeling of an empowered person) like an Igbo is in their state.

The south west is based on Lagos (which deports people without caring about Yoruba or no Yoruba), while the Igbo east is a story of multiple cities (Onicha, Enugu, Aba, Asaba, Owerri, Port Harcourt) on the rise (yes, even if you don't see the governors in the news all the time). The average Igbo person is competitive down to the family unit, the pressure and high demand on every individual in the society (including women) is why they are so successful.

Yes, there is a lot of disunity since there isn't much shared identity until recent, you may be interested to know that it is more common for communities in the same Igbo state to war, than it is for communities in different states, but the thing people don't understand is that an Igbo people aren't like others that work in a pack-mentality when it's not needed, people can be quite independent as well which is mistaken for disunity. The state of Nigeria also leads to irrational behavior.

When its really needed Igbo unity can jump out of the blue because people mistake.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MajeOfficial: 6:31am On Dec 08, 2012
True words. Igbos are bred to be competitors, and we don't take second place, to any man, white black whatever, lightly. This is why an igbo man can say 'if someone has build a car factory, why can't I?" and go ahead and do it.

a man once wrote that the germans aren't afraid to go to war with their neighbors because anything that's destroyed they can rebuild because they're a great people. There no other place in nigeria that has shown this same greatness outside of the east. You forget that this enugu you're looking at was bombed into dust 40 years ago and now it has surpassed most of Nigeria and shows no signs of stopping. Asaba, Onitcha, Owerri, Enugu, PH, Uyo, Aba, Calabar all of these places were flattened but their still here and still fighting and most cases has surpassed the rest of the country, and more uniquely to the Igbo spirit, cities that were once villages are competing to be up there as well. We're now seeing the raise of Okigwe, Orlu, Nnewi, etc. The same way Owerri was once a backwater.

This is without federal or western help. What city can you say has emerged from western or northern nigeria that wasn't a major city during independence? I attribute the success to the igbos individualistic and competitive nature. An Igbo man will go to Dubai and not think Port Harcourt needs to be on this level or Enugu needs to be on this level. He'll think his own village needs to be on that level and if he acquires enough resources he'll work towards it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cfours: 8:50am On Dec 08, 2012
MajeOfficiall: True words. Igbos are bred to be competitors, and we don't take second place, to any man, white black whatever, lightly. This is why an igbo man can say 'if someone has build a car factory, why can't I?" and go ahead and do it.

a man once wrote that the germans aren't afraid to go to war with their neighbors because anything that's destroyed they can rebuild because they're a great people. There no other place in nigeria that has shown this same greatness outside of the east. You forget that this enugu you're looking at was bombed into dust 40 years ago and now it has surpassed most of Nigeria and shows no signs of stopping. Asaba, Onitcha, Owerri, Enugu, PH, Uyo, Aba, Calabar all of these places were flattened but their still here and still fighting and most cases has surpassed the rest of the country, and more uniquely to the Igbo spirit, cities that were once villages are competing to be up there as well. We're now seeing the raise of Okigwe, Orlu, Nnewi, etc. The same way Owerri was once a backwater.

This is without federal or western help. What city can you say has emerged from western or northern nigeria that wasn't a major city during independence? I attribute the success to the igbos individualistic and competitive nature. An Igbo man will go to Dubai and not think Port Harcourt needs to be on this level or Enugu needs to be on this level. He'll think his own village needs to be on that level and if he acquires enough resources he'll work towards it.

You make some good points. Igbos have their strengths but just that they like to blame their weaknesses on others which make them look like hypocrites sometimes.
every tribe has its strengths and weaknesses. that's for sure.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SamMilla1(m): 10:06am On Dec 08, 2012
We need Pictures here?
Not talking..... Moderators should clean this beautiful thread.

Click 'LIKE' if you support me.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:35pm On Dec 08, 2012
c.fours:

You make some good points. Igbos have their strengths but just that they like to blame their weaknesses on others which make them look like hypocrites sometimes.
every tribe has its strengths and weaknesses. that's for sure.

^^^Epic fail mate! We Igbos are quite aware of our shortcomings and have never said we are perfect or saints; but when blame needs to be shared, it's shared to the right quarters, no matter whose ox is gored; i think what has happened is that with the share of blame that indirectly concerns you.....you've taken it personally.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Whitehorse: 3:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
@Ezeagu,

Dalu Nwanne, beautiful pictures. What sort of Camera did you use? I have Nikon D3000, but i'm thinking of upgrading to Nikon 800...

Enugu is a lovely place, had wonderful time when i was in country early this year
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 3:40pm On Dec 08, 2012
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2012
Let's see more...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 3:43pm On Dec 08, 2012
Whitehorse: @Ezeagu,

Dalu Nwanne, beautiful pictures. What sort of Camera did you use? I have Nikon D3000, but i'm thinking of upgrading to Nikon 800...

Enugu is a lovely place, had wonderful time when i was in country early this year

These aren't my pictures, I got them from around the interent.

[img]http://nationalmirroronline.net/thumbnail.php?file=road_730495256.jpg&size=article_large[/img]

[img]http://nationalmirroronline.net/thumbnail.php?file=/Nigeria_Breweries_factory_at_Ama__9th_mile__Enugu._159406861.jpg&size=article_large[/img]
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 3:45pm On Dec 08, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (696) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.