Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1778958 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 9:36pm On Jan 05, 2013
[size=28pt]Google earth pictures of some sites in Enugu

82 Div.
[/size]

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 9:38pm On Jan 05, 2013

Abandoned International Conference centre
[/size]

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 9:40pm On Jan 05, 2013

Judicial quarters
[/size]

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
These google pics show just how much free land there is in Enugu for development; but google needs to upgrade the camera they use for parts of Nigeria (makes the landscape look so dry and harmattanish angry).....compare it with the one used for a western city like say London and you'll see a clear difference.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 10:11pm On Jan 05, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
These google pics show just how much free land there is in Enugu for development; but google needs to upgrade the camera they use for parts of Nigeria (makes the landscape look so dry and harmattanish angry).....compare it with the one used for a western city like say London and you'll see a clear difference.
Yes u are right. The quality of the images are not so fantastic. What can we do about it? A beggar has no choice smiley
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 10:13pm On Jan 05, 2013

Akanu Ibiam Int'l airport
[/size]

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Onlytruth(m): 10:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

I never thought about it, but bros are you sure that they are using different cameras to take these pictures? You may be right, but lets be sure.
I sort of think that the air quality in Nigeria is not regulated, but then again, we don't have enough industries to cause a blurry atmosphere.
Maybe we should compare Nigerian images with those of desert-like countries in Northern hemisphere (those with high dust prevalence), and then draw conclusions.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:31pm On Jan 05, 2013
ACM10:
Yes u are right. The quality of the images are not so fantastic. What can we do about it? A beggar has no choice smiley

^^^I wonder what our own satellite's doing up there ?; can't it take high-res' pics as well.....or is it just there in the heavens to 'keep up with the joneses' and make it look like we've arrived?; does anyone know where we can see pics from our two expensive satellites in orbit?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 10:33pm On Jan 05, 2013

UNN
[/size]

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Onlytruth(m): 10:34pm On Jan 05, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^I wonder what our own satellite's doing up there ?; can't it take high-res' pics as well.....or is it just there in the heavens to 'keep up with the joneses' and make it look like we've arrived?; does anyone know where we can see pics from our two expensive satellites in orbit?

This question deserves a new thread honestly.
Has anyone heard anything about them lately?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:38pm On Jan 05, 2013
Onlytruth:

I never thought about it, but bros are you sure that they are using different cameras to take these pictures? You may be right, but lets be sure.
I sort of think that the air quality in Nigeria is not regulated, but then again, we don't have enough industries to cause a blurry atmosphere.
Maybe we should compare Nigerian images with those of desert-like countries in Northern hemisphere (those with high dust prevalence), and then draw conclusions.

^^^Yeah Onlytruth, you've got me thinking.....air pollution just might be responsible (in some cases that is); but if you go to google earth, you'd notice that the bad quality doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to it: like Onitsha for instance- part of it shows reasonably ok pics, while another part of the same city is completely blurred and nothing is recognisable; mind boggling!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 10:38pm On Jan 05, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

Which satellite are you talking of? The one lost in orbit?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:39pm On Jan 05, 2013
ACM10: [size=28pt]Google earth pictures of some sites in Enugu

UNN
[/size]

^^^Now this is much better. smiley
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 10:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
Proud-Igbo, did u notice a difference between the picture quality of UNN(Nsukka) and others(Enugu)?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
ACM10:

^^^Oh dear!....is it lost already undecided?; typical....but very 'convenient' for some innit wink?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
ACM10: Proud-Igbo, did u notice a difference between the picture quality of UNN(Nsukka) and others(Enugu)?

^^^Yeah smiley; maybe a few egg-heads in the space/nuclear research centre at UNN made a few calls to google and got it fixed. smiley
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 10:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
If all this projects can continue in the long absence of gov Chime then Enugu state is a different state in Nigeria.
Let the development spread to hinterland so that every person(s) of Enugu will be happy and proud.

To God Be The Glory.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 11:06pm On Jan 05, 2013
[size=28pt]Google earth pictures of some sites in Enugu[/size]

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Yeah smiley; maybe a few egg-heads in the space/nuclear research centre at UNN made a few calls to google and got it fixed. smiley
just like that?gringrin

please can any of you say somthing more important about our 2satelite dish hanging or is it rotating up there in the space for nothing or has Chinese ppl steal our property?

beside,who has been to Obit to confirm weather it still there?grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 11:25pm On Jan 05, 2013

UNTH
[/size]

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:36pm On Jan 05, 2013
ACM10: [size=28pt]Google earth pictures of some sites in Enugu[/size]

^^^ACM bruh, where is this place in Enugu?; well laid-out layout.....though could do with some trees and landscaping.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 11:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^ACM bruh, where is this place in Enugu?; well laid-out layout.....though could do with some trees and landscaping.
It is an estate close to Central bank. I forgot its name
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:27am On Jan 06, 2013
ACM10:

^^^Access must be restricted, or else i don't see why Spyder didn't go in there and get some pics of the place.....looks well organised.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Onlytruth(m): 2:40am On Jan 06, 2013
Dust and all, Enugu acquits itself of being the most regal city in the East. Apart from Abuja, no other city beats Enugu. cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 8:22am On Jan 06, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Access must be restricted, or else i don't see why Spyder didn't go in there and get some pics of the place.....looks well organised.

I wonder o! I cannot recognize this place entirely. The only estate near Central bank is the housing estate built by Sullivan at the site where Ikenga hotels used to be behind central bank in GRA. If we can confirm this location then I will go take a look.
With the unique layout I don't think it will be very difficult to identify.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 06, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

you know nsukka has thicker vegetation and cooler weather than enugu. Those could be factors...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 06, 2013
ACM10:
i thought it was re built and re launched.

nice pics...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 06, 2013
Wow! This thread has reached 90 pages and well over 49,000 views. Enugu is working.
Spyder880, PROUD IGBO, centje and d rest of us, we don try wella cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 06, 2013
CFCfan: Wow! This thread has reached 90 pages and well over 49,000 views. Enugu is working.
Spyder880, PROUD IGBO, centje and d rest of us, we don try wella cool
we're still counting. Happy new year!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by nedu210(m): 9:37am On Jan 06, 2013
ACM10:

that should be coal city garden avenue, located off garden avenue, okpara avenue G.r.a, just behind cbn or beside union bank at subway bus stop.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ACM10: 10:30am On Jan 06, 2013
nedu210:

that should be coal city garden avenue, located off garden avenue, okpara avenue G.r.a, just behind cbn or beside union bank at subway bus stop.
Yes u are right - Coal city garden estate!

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.