Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near (5090 Views)

Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! / The Quran Testifies: David And Elizabeth Worshiped Jesus As God! / Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by LagosShia: 12:35pm On Jul 01, 2012
Below are interesting prophecies i find useful and a pleasure to share with you on saudi arabia (Hejaz) and the end-times.the King of Saudi Arabia's health is not in good condition.and already two heirs to the thrown have died and there is confusion on who would succeed King Abdullah.it looks like the days of Imam Mahdi (as) and our master,Jesus (as) is getting near if the below prophecies apply to this our time and age and the present people ruling saudi arabia.

1.) "Whoever comes to me with news of the death of the (King) Abdullah, I guarantee him the news of the of emergence of the Mahdi, for when Abdullah dies'the people will not agree upon a ruler after him (in Hejaz) and it will not end without the appearance of your friend (the Mahdi) if Allah Will. The King of the years will be gone and the King of the months and days will come. It will not be long after that the Mahdi emerges."(Biharul Anwar, Volume 52, page 21)
-Imam Jaafar Al-Sadiq (as),sixth holy Imam of the Ahlul-Bayt (as).

2.) "The reason for his death is that he will have intercourse with one of his (male) servants, so he will rise and kill him, and his death will be concealed for 40 days. When the riders go to seek the servant, the first of those who left will not return untill their kingdom is over".(Kamalul Deen P.655)
-Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (as),the fifth holy Imam of the Ahlul-Bayt (as).

3.) "Hijaz will be ruled by a man whose name is the name of an animal, when you see him from a distance, you would think he has a lazy eye, and if you get close to him, you do not see anything (wrong) in his eyes. He will be succeeded by a brother of his, named Abdullah. Woe to our Shia (followers) from him! Woe to our Shia (followers) from him! Woe to our Shia (followers) from him! - he repeated it three times - Give me the good news of his death, and I shall give you the good news of the appearance of the hujjah (Imam Mahdi)."
-Prophet Muhammad (s).

Reference: Two Hundred and Fifty Signs, sign number 122

Saudi Arabia was ruled by Fahad, which means "cheetah" = whose name is the name of an animal.his eyes appear crossed from afar but upon getting closer they are normal.

And his brother who succeeded him and for the no-coincidence, his name appeared to be Abdullah = He will be succeeded by a brother of his, named Abdullah.

and Allah Knows Best!!!
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by LagosShia: 12:47pm On Jul 01, 2012
[size=14pt]If Imam Mahdi Appears
[/size]
Sunday, 10 August 2008 21:58 Ayatollah Nasir Makarem Shirazi

Being that the day of Imam Mahdi's (may Allah hasten his reappearance) birth anniversary is close, it is important to remember His Eminence and mention some matters about him that will help us improve and grow. Allama Majlisi has related the following narration about Imam Mahdi in Bihar al-Anwar:

"When Imam Mahdi reappears, he will rule with justice, and no one will be able to discriminate against another. Roads and paths will become secure, the Earth will bring out its bounties, all rights will be returned to their rightful owners, and no follower of a religion will remain until he becomes a Muslim and professes his faith."

Explanation

Seven programs have been mentioned for His eminence in this narration:

1 & 2. A just government and elimination of discrimination: The first part of the tradition states that when Imam Mahdi reappears, he will rule with justice and wipe out discrimination.

The antonym of justice ('Adl) is injustice (Dhulm). And the word equity (Qist) is the opposite of discrimination (Jawr). The difference between justice and equity is that justice means that another's right is not taken, and equity means that discrimination does not take place. Thus, injustice means to take one's right for one's own benefit, and inequity means to give one's right to another. For example, if I take John's house for myself, it is injustice. And if I take his house and give it to someone else, it is inequity. The opposite of the first example is that I don't take John's house for myself; this is justice. And the opposite of the second example is that I don't take his house and give it to someone else; this is equity. Therefore, equity is the lack of discrimination, and justice is the lack of injustice.

3. Security of paths: The third part states: "And the paths will become safe and secure by him." This means that all the paths and roads will become safe because of him.

4. Nature will blossom: The next part says, "The Earth will bring out its blessings." The Earth will bring out its bounties and blessing, whether they are agricultural, mineral or other energy sources which are hidden from us.

5. The affairs will be placed in the hands of those who are qualified: The fifth part states: "All rights will be returned to their rightful owners." He will return the affairs and positions to those who are qualified, in contrast to our time, where many positions and affairs are entrusted to unqualified individuals because connections precede rules.

6. Rule of Islam: The next part states, "And there will not remain a person of religion but that he will become a Muslim." No other religion will remain. All religions will become one religion, Islam.

7. Hearts will be attracted to Islam: And finally, the tradition concludes by saying, "And they will profess their faith." This has two meanings. Possibly it refers to the fact that everyone will follow the Prophet's household, or that in addition to having faith in appearance, they will also have faith in their hearts.

The difference between submission (Islam) and faith (Eimaan) have been stated in Islamic narrations. Some narrations say that Islam is that thing that if a person professes, his life is protected and the meat he slaughters is permissible to eat, whereas faith is the source of salvation in the hereafter. In some narrations it is stated that Islam is like the Sacred Mosque, and faith is the Ka'ba.

It is possible that this wording in the hadeeth refers to the verse: "And the (Bedouin) Arabs said 'we believe'; say, 'you do not believe, but say that we submit and faith has not yet entered your hearts'" (49:14).

The main tasks that His Eminence will carry out – which can be seen from Islamic narrations – can be summarized in four spheres:

be summarized in four spheres:

1. Correcting beliefs: A well-known tradition in Tafseer al-Qurtubi states, "There is not a house made of stone or mud but God will enter in it Islam."

2. Perfecting minds: An intellectual and scientific movement will occur. Allama Majlisi records in Bihar al-Anwar, "When Imam Mahdi reappears, he will place his hand on people's heads and complete and perfect their thoughts and intellects.” Perhaps the phrase "place his hand on people's heads" means that they will be trained by him.

3. Justice and equity: It has been stated in numerous narrations in Bihar al-Anwar that he will fill the Earth with justice and equity, just as it was filled with injustice and inequity.

4. Correcting morals: [/b]His fourth task is to wipe out moral decay and revive Islamic values. This can be seen from narrations about the signs of the reappearance. There are narrations which say that before the Mahdi's reappearance, moral decay such as fornication, theft, bribery, cheating in sales, drinking alcohol, and murder will increase. What they intend is that the Mahdi will rise in order to wipe out these moral decays. The system of values has been completely corrupted and Imam Mahdi will fix it.

[b]Conclusion

Imam Mahdi has an army, assistants, and helpers, as we read in Ziyarat Aale Yaseen: "O Lord, appoint me as one of his devotees, followers, and helpers."

In some narrations, it adds, "And appoint me as one who strives to defend Truth along with him."

Those who want to be of his helpers must work within the framework of these four principles. The prayers of one who does not have any of these principles and prays to God to make him a helper of Imam Mahdi will not be answered.

If the clerics establish this program, a character-building class will be formed. Prayer is good in its own place, but praying to be his devotee, follower, and helper will not come about only with prayer. Rather, one must become a pure monotheist and remove all forms of polytheism from his heart. He must act according to justice and equity among people and his household. We must revive moral values within ourselves.

If the purpose for his rising is properly proclaimed, it will change the face of society. One cannot be among his ranks without having any of these principles. It is good to turn people's attention to the purpose of his program during these days of his birth anniversary so that they follow it.

Also, beware that there are forces at work who want to use these religious celebrations and processions in order to wipe out moral and religious values, just as those who wanted to build Masjid Dharar wanted to wipe out the root of the mosque with a mosque. These values must be properly revived so that the enemy cannot destroy them.

It is hoped that God will answer this prayer in relation to all of us: O Lord, appoint us as his helpers, assistants, followers, devotees, and as the defenders of Truth along with him.

The author of over a hundred books and articles on religious and social topics, including a commentary on the Holy Qur'an, Ayatollah Nasir Makarem Shirazi is followed as a Religious Authority by millions of Shias around the world today. He currently lives and teaches in the Holy city of Qum, Iran.

EDITOR'S NOTE: Islamic Insights would like to thank Sayyid Baqir Imrani for translating this article from Farsi into English.

http://www.islamicinsights.com/religion/clergy-corner/if-imam-mahdi-appears.html
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by LagosShia: 1:23pm On Jul 01, 2012
for more prophecies and all their references on the land of Hejaz (saudi arabia) and the ruler named Abdullah and his death leading to the re-appearance of Imam Mahdi (aj),please see the link below:

http://www.hashemstudios-board.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3151&view=print
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by LagosShia: 10:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
OPPRESSION in SYRIA is One of The Signs of IMAM MAHDI's (ajf) Reappearance.....!!!!!

Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (a.s)-the fifth holy Imam of the Ahlul-Bayt (as)- said to a group of his Shias regarding His Eminence, Imam Mahdi (a.s), “Our Qaim (the one who will rise,i.e. Imam Mahdi) would receive help in instilling fear and awe in the hearts of the enemies, and the earth will come into his control and its treasures would be uncovered for him. His rulership will extend to the east and the west. The Almighty Allah would make His religion dominant even if polytheists detest it. He would revive the barren lands and the earth would sprout out its vegetation and during his time, people would be immersed in blessings such that its parallel has never been seen.”

A man in the gathering asked, “When would your Qaim reappear ?”

The Holy Imam (a.s) in reply to this question related the signs of reappearance saying, “A time when men shall resemble women. When women shall be in saddles and men shall omit prayers and follow the base desires and take usury and consider spilling of human blood easy and deal with usury and openly commit fornication and construct high-rises and consider lying permissible and accept bribery and follow sensual desires and sell religion in exchange of material benefits and dissociate from relatives and consider forbearance as weakness and oppression as pride. The rulers shall be sinners, the administrators, liars, the trustees, misappropriators and friends and helpers shall be oppressors. Reciters of Quran shall be sinners. Oppression would be open and divorces common and sins would be committed openly and false testimonies would be accepted, wine would be imbibed and man shall mount upon man and women shall be needless of men and public funds would be considered spoils of war, alms would be considered a monetary loss. They would be afraid of the tongue of the evil people. A time when Sufyani would arise from Sham and Yamani would appear from Yemen and a descendant of the Progeny of Muhammad would be slain between Rukn and Maqam. A caller will call out from the sky: The truth is with him and his followers. This is the time of the reappearance of our Qaim. When he reappears he would lean on the Ka’ba and 313 of his followers will gather around him. The first words he utters would be: The remnant of Allah is best for you, if you only knew it. Then he would say: I am the remnant of Allah and the Caliph of Allah and His proof upon you. At this his point every Muslim would salute him in the following manner: Peace be upon you, O remnant of Allah on His earth. And when ten thousand men gather before him neither would Jews survive nor Christians or those who worship other than Allah. Rather all would bring faith on him and testify about him and a single community, that is the Islamic community shall come into being. Indeed a fire would descend from the sky and burn up all the deities other than Allah that are deified in every nook and corner of the world.”

Al Fusulul Muhimma Ibne Sabbagh Maliki, Pg. 248

"Let’s pray for the fast reappearance of the Savior of mankind and the symbol of hope, peace, and prosperity, Imam Al Mahdi (Peace and Bless be upon him)"

May Allah (swt) include us all in Imam Al-Mahdi's infinite mercy, may Allah (swt) hasten his reappearance and fill the corners of the globe with justice and peace through him.
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2012
Lagosshia, can I keep you company in this thread? I noticed that there was no one here with you. smiley
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by LagosShia: 11:13pm On Jul 25, 2012
fellis: Lagosshia, can I keep you company in this thread? I noticed that there was no one here with you. smiley

if it relates to the topic,you are welcome.if it is off-topic,thanks but no interest.and please no derailing and no offense.thanks.
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 25, 2012
Have I ever derailed any of your threads Lagosshia? How could you even think that I would derail your thread? Why did the thought occur to you? Is that the type of person you think I am?
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by LagosShia: 11:27pm On Jul 25, 2012
fellis: Have I ever derailed any of your threads Lagosshia? How could you even think that I would derail your thread? Why did the thought occur to you? Is that the type of person you think I am?

sorry.it was a caution and not to offend you.
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 25, 2012
Cool. Let me read through and if there's any question I'll ask.
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by LagosShia: 11:53pm On Jul 25, 2012
fellis: Cool. Let me read through and if there's any question I'll ask.

ok.
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by maclatunji: 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2012
@Vedaxcool, it is better sometimes to ignore a thread than turn it into an unnecessary fight zone. I have hidden your post. Please make the necessary adjustments henceforth.
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by vedaxcool(m): 1:48pm On Jul 26, 2012
No problem, I will just start my thread on my post!
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by LagosShia: 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2012
vedaxcool: No problem, I will just start my thread on my post!

i am looking forward to it.

PS:i was already composing my response to the hatred and lies you posted when i discovered Mac has hidden your post.please post it again in another thread.i am begging of you.
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2012
I am not going to ask any questions, I don't want it to seem like I am attacking you/your thread.
Besides we had something of a minor altercation on another thread already. No need to make it worse.
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by LagosShia: 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2012
fellis: I am not going to ask any questions, I don't want it to seem like I am attacking you/your thread.
Besides we had something of a minor altercation on another thread already. No need to make it worse.

do not let Vedaxcool and the people of fitnah dissuade you from seeking to know.you can please go ahead to ask what you want to know.the fitnah-monger had already opened his nasibi thread and got answered there:

https://www.nairaland.com/1000955/12th-imam-shia-dajjal
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 26, 2012
LagosShia:

do not let Vedaxcool and the people of fitnah dissuade you from seeking to know.you can please go ahead to ask what you want to know.the fitnah-monger had already opened his nasibi thread and got answered there:

https://www.nairaland.com/1000955/12th-imam-shia-dajjal
I didn't change my mind because of vedaxcool. And please don't do that, don't use provocative words to describe any Muslim. You might see what he is doing as fitnah mongering but he doesn't see it that way so he is likely to be offended after reading what you wrote.
There are many productive things you can use your Ramadan for, don't spend it fighting.
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by DevotedOne(m): 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2012
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim As salaamu alaykum. Ramadhan Mubarak! Blessed Ramadhan!

This hadiith is surely interesting:

LagosShia: Below are interesting prophecies i find useful and a pleasure to share with you on saudi arabia (Hejaz) and the end-times.the King of Saudi Arabia's health is not in good condition.and already two heirs to the thrown have died and there is confusion on who would succeed King Abdullah.it looks like the days of Imam Mahdi (as) and our master,Jesus (as) is getting near if the below prophecies apply to this our time and age and the present people ruling saudi arabia.

1.) "Whoever comes to me with news of the death of the (King) Abdullah, I guarantee him the news of the of emergence of the Mahdi, for when Abdullah dies'the people will not agree upon a ruler after him (in Hejaz) and it will not end without the appearance of your friend (the Mahdi) if Allah Will. The King of the years will be gone and the King of the months and days will come. It will not be long after that the Mahdi emerges."(Biharul Anwar, Volume 52, page 21)
-Imam Jaafar Al-Sadiq (as),sixth holy Imam of the Ahlul-Bayt (as).

2.) "The reason for his death is that he will have intercourse with one of his (male) servants, so he will rise and kill him, and his death will be concealed for 40 days. When the riders go to seek the servant, the first of those who left will not return untill their kingdom is over".(Kamalul Deen P.655)
-Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (as),the fifth holy Imam of the Ahlul-Bayt (as).

3.) "Hijaz will be ruled by a man whose name is the name of an animal, when you see him from a distance, you would think he has a lazy eye, and if you get close to him, you do not see anything (wrong) in his eyes. He will be succeeded by a brother of his, named Abdullah. Woe to our Shia (followers) from him! Woe to our Shia (followers) from him! Woe to our Shia (followers) from him! - he repeated it three times - Give me the good news of his death, and I shall give you the good news of the appearance of the hujjah (Imam Mahdi)."
-Prophet Muhammad (s).

Reference: Two Hundred and Fifty Signs, sign number 122

Saudi Arabia was ruled by Fahad, which means "cheetah" = whose name is the name of an animal.his eyes appear crossed from afar but upon getting closer they are normal.

And his brother who succeeded him and for the no-coincidence, his name appeared to be Abdullah = He will be succeeded by a brother of his, named Abdullah.

and Allah Knows Best!!!

http://www.google.com/search?q=fahad&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb#hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=cb&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&channel=fflb&sclient=psy-ab&q=king+fahd&oq=King+fahad&gs_l=serp.1.0.0i10j0l3.8262.10612.0.17346.5.5.0.0.0.2.676.2251.0j2j5-3.5.0...0.0...1c.ve0FozfLjLI&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=5e2ed36800cbdcae&biw=1024&bih=606 King Fahd

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by LagosShia: 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2012
fellis:
I didn't change my mind because of vedaxcool. And please don't do that, don't use provocative words to describe any Muslim. You might see what he is doing as fitnah mongering but he doesn't see it that way so he is likely to be offended after reading what you wrote.
There are many productive things you can use your Ramadan for, don't spend it fighting.

didn't you consider how i would feel after reading your post? won't i feel you're now taking sides?

why didn't you tell him that he should not use provocative words when he went to start a thread with the post that got hidden in this thread,calling Shia Muslims "followers of dajjal"? after all i also do not see that way,that he would be offended for being called a fitnah monger.

please do not offend me.
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
LagosShia:

didn't you consider how i would feel after reading your post? won't i feel you're now taking sides?

why didn't you tell him that he should not use provocative words when he went to start a thread with the post that got hidden in this thread,calling Shia Muslims "followers of dajjal"?

I am not taking sides. I asked you to not use words like that because I was having a conversation with you, alone, on this thread. If vedaxcool had also been on the thread, I would have also told him to mind what he writes.
I haven't even gone to the thread where vedaxcool referred to Shia Muslims as followers of the Dajjal. And no, I can't run from one thread to another asking the two of you to stop quarrelling with each other. I told only you because I was already on your thread when the whole thing started not because I am on his side.
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by LagosShia: 9:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
fellis:

I am not taking sides. I asked you to not use words like that because I was having a conversation with you, alone, on this thread. If vedaxcool had also been on the thread, I would have also told him to mind what he writes.
I haven't even gone to the thread where vedaxcool referred to Shia Muslims as followers of the Dajjal. And no, I can't run from one thread to another asking the two of you to stop quarrelling with each other. I told only you because I was already on your thread when the whole thing started not because I am on his side.

thanks for the concern.he was the one who came to this thread to find trouble.he cannot bear the truth just like his scholars who are crying because the truth is spreading:

https://www.nairaland.com/827432/main-sunni-sheikhs-scream-testify

and i actually had to open the one thread below in reaction to his provocation.he does not deserve respect:

https://www.nairaland.com/1001212/why-it-bidah-forbidden-sinful
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 26, 2012
I hear.
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by vedaxcool(m): 11:33am On Jul 27, 2012
grin grin grin grin lol!
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by LagosShia: 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2012
Occultations Before Imam Mahdi

Thursday, 19 January 2012 01:32 Ali Jamaleddine

When we are asked today about the whereabouts of Imam Mahdi (may God hasten his reappearance), our response is: "He is in occultation (ghayba)." Scholars have two interpretations for the occultation of the Imam. One is the 'hidden person', and the other is the 'hidden identity'. The former says that people cannot see the physical existence of the Imam. The latter says that people cannot make the connection between the person they see being the Imam himself. These definitions can help better shape our understanding about occultation. (Mawsoo'at Al-Imam Al-Mahdi)

Given both definitions, some people cannot seem to accept the idea of God's representative being 'in occultation', and others seem to believe that this phenomenon is restricted to Imam Mahdi. While it is true that the Imam's occultation stands out, history has reported many other cases in which God's representatives went into occultation. What follows is a brief look into some of the historical reports.

Prophet Ibrahim
The story of the occultation of Prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him) is very similar to that of Imam Mahdi. His mother's pregnancy was hidden so Namrud could not cause her miscarriage. His birth was a secret. He was left in a cave in which God took care of him and provided him with sustenance. His person remained hidden (in occultation) until God ordered him to spread His message. (Kamalud Deen Wa Tamamun Ne'ma)

Imam Ja'far al-Sadiq (peace be upon him) states that Prophet Ibrahim had another period of 'occultation' when he was banished by the tyrant of Egypt. The Qur'an references this second occultation in the following verse, "And I will leave you and those you invoke other than God, and will invoke my Lord." (19:48)

Prophet Khidr
Prophet Khidr (peace be upon him) is a prophet who existed from before the time of Prophet Musa (peace be upon him). Scholars agree that he is still amongst us to this very day. However, there are no accounts of his whereabouts. (Al-Fusool Al-Ashra) In fact, Imam Sadiq said that the sole purpose behind Prophet's Khidr's long life is precisely so people cannot dismiss the longevity of Imam Mahdi's life! (Bihar al-Anwar)

Prophet Yusuf
After Prophet Yusuf's (peace be upon him) brothers threw him in the well, he was taken to Egypt and became the king. He was away for about twenty years. Even when his brothers came to Egypt, they saw him, they talked to him, and they interacted with, but they did not know him. People from Palestine did not know the whereabouts of Prophet Yusuf either.

This emphasizes the definition of 'occultation' as a hidden identity. Prophet Yusuf was seen but even his brothers could not make the connection that that 'king of Egypt' was a prophet of God and their own brother.

Prophet Musa
This is another occultation that is very similar to that of Imam Mahdi. Like Prophet Ibrahim, the pregnancy of Musa's (peace be upon him) mother was hidden, and he was protected at birth and during his early years. The Qur'an recounts the story of Prophet Musa leaving to Madyan and living with Prophet Shu'ayb (peace be upon him). During this time, the followers of Prophet Musa did not know his whereabouts, and he was hidden from them until he came back. It is important to note that during his occultation, people were suffering and were ardently hoping for his early return. (Kamalud Deen Wa Tamamun Ne'ma)

Other Occultations
The examples of occultations are not limited to the aforementioned prophets. Prophet Idris (peace be upon him) was the first of occultations, and Imam Baqir (peace be upon him) narrates his story and how 'his person' was hidden. There was also the story of Prophet Saleh (peace be upon him) who came back after being in occultation for a period of time, and there were people who did not believe it was him. Other accounts include Prophet Yunus (peace be upon him), who was hidden inside the belly of the whale. There was Prophet Uzair (peace be upon him), who was hidden from his people for a hundred years.

And it was not limited to Prophets only, as successors of Prophets went into occultation as well. A prime example is Asif son of Barkheya, the successor of Prophet Sulayman (peace be upon him). People used to go to him for their inquiries, and then he went into a lengthy occultation.

And there are many more! (Al-Fusool Al-Ashra, Kamalud Deen Wa Tamamun Ne'ma)

Back to Today
Allah says in the Quran, "[This is] the established way of Allah with those who passed on before; and you will not find in the way of Allah any change." (33:62)

'Occultation' is not limited to the "Imam of the Shia" and it is not a new phenomenon that is applicable to one person. It is a way of Allah that has its inherent wisdom. It was seen before, and today, we see it again!

It is during the Imam's occultation that we should pave the way for his blessed return. We should hold onto our religion's teachings and follow the path of Allah, the Prophet, and his Holy Household (peace be upon them all). Our waiting should be more than just sitting around, supplicating to Allah, and watching the hands of time turn. We should be actively awaiting and preparing for the reappearance. As the Prophet says, "My nation's best deed is to await the Imam's advent." (Bihar al-Anwar)

For Further Research:

Al-Fusool Al-Ashra by Shaikh al-Mufid

Kamalud Deen Wa Tamamun Ne'ma by Shaikh al-Saduq

Muntakhab Al-Anwar Al-Mudee'a by Sayyid Baha'uddine Al-Najafi

Mawsoo'at Al-Imam Al-Mahdi by Shaheed Sayyid Muhammad Sadiq al-Sadr

http://www.islamicinsights.com/religion/history/occultations-before-imam-mahdi.html
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by LagosShia: 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mas'ood(RA) reports from the Prophet(SAW), who said:
The world will not come to pass until a man from among my family, whose name will be my name, rules over the Arabs.
(Tirmidhi Sahih, Vol. 9, P. 74; Abu Dawud, Sahih, Vol. 5, P. 207;
also narrated by Ali b. Abi Talib, Abu Sa'id, Umm Salma, Abu Hurayra)

The Prophet(SAW) said:
Allah will bring out from concealment al-Mahdi from my family and just before the day of Judgment; even if only one day were to remain in the life of the world, and he will spread on this earth justice and equity and will eradicate tyranny and oppression.
(Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, Vol. 1, P. 99)

Hadhrat Ali(RA) narrates that Rasulullah(SAW) said:
"Even if only a day remains for Qiyamah to come, yet Allah will surely send a man from my family who will fill this world with such justice and fairness, just as it initially was filled with oppression".
(Abu Dawood)

Ali b. Abi Talib(RA) has related a tradition from the Prophet(SAW) who informed him:
"The promised Mahdi will be among my family. God will make the provisions for his emergence within a single night".
(Ibn Majah, Sahih, Vol. 2, P. 519)

Hazrat Umme Salmah(RA), Prophet's wife, narrates that she heard the Prophet(SAW) say:
The promised Mahdi will be among my progeny, among the descendants of Fatima.
(Abu Dawud, Sahih, Vol. 2, P. 207; Ibn Majah, Sahih, Vol. 2, P. 519)

Rasulullah(SAW) announced:
The Mahdi will be of my family, of the descendants of Fatima (the Prophet's daughter).
(Sunan Ibn Majah, Vol. 2, Tradition No. 4086)

The Prophet(SAW) taught:

Al-Mahdi is one of us, the members of the household (Ahlul-Bayt).
(Sunan Ibn Majah, Vol. 2, Tradition No. 4085)

Abu Sa'id al-Khudari(RA) narrated that the Prophet(SAW) said:

Our Mahdi will have a broad forehead and a pointed (prominent) nose. He will fill the earth with justice as it is filled with injustice and tyranny. He will rule for seven years.
(Abu Dawud, Sahih, Vol. 2, p. 208; Fusul al-muhimma, p. 275)
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by vedaxcool(m): 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2012
Lol! the Imam hiding is now a prophet, hmm . . . wonders shall never end they say in warri
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by LagosShia: 12:24pm On Aug 16, 2012
vedaxcool: Lol! the Imam hiding is now a prophet, hmm . . . wonders shall never end they say in warri

where did anyone say he is a prophet? the above sayings are saying of Prophet Muhammad (sa) about the coming of the Mahdi.
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by vedaxcool(m): 1:14pm On Aug 16, 2012
LagosShia:

where did anyone say he is a prophet? the above sayings are saying of Prophet Muhammad (sa) about the coming of the Mahdi.

So what were u doing here https://www.nairaland.com/979146/re-appearance-imam-mahdi-aj-descent#11604007?
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by LagosShia: 1:53pm On Aug 16, 2012
Re: The Re-appearance Of Imam Mahdi (aj) And The Descent Of Jesus (as) Could Be Near by vedaxcool(m): 1:54pm On Aug 16, 2012
grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Permissibly Of Haraam Things In The Case Of Necessity And The Conditions / An Atheist's Attempt to Classify Muslim Women! / In Islam, Do People Marry For Love Or Religiousness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.