Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

I Am So Very Sad - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am So Very Sad (8302 Views)

So Sad!! Jumia Staff Dies On The Job / SO SAD: See What Doctors Go Through On A Daily Basis (viral Photo) / The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am So Very Sad by weselove(f): 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2012
Good day all,
Am so very sad and wants to talk to someone,
I am married with three beautiful kids, work in a commercial bank which prevents me from having quality time with my kids. i really don't mind because we do not have another option for now.

my annoyance lies in the fact that even though i work very hard and also do my work diligently to the satisfaction of my internal and external customers, i rarely get promoted. A recent promotion list just came out and my name was not on the list even though my appraisal score was perfect, i feel so demoralised because even my juniors have risen to higher level, i do trust in my God but then it is just so painful.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by snthesis(m): 3:17pm On Jul 01, 2012
have u spoken with ur husband?
Re: I Am So Very Sad by taryour(f): 11:21pm On Jul 01, 2012
weselove: Good day all,
am so very sad and wants to talk to someone,
Iam married with three beautiful kids, work in a commercial bank which prevents me from having quality time with my kids, i really dont mind cos we do not have another option for now, my annoyance lies in the fact that even though i work very hard and also do my work deligently to the satisfaction of my internal and external customers, i rarely get promoted, a recent promotion list just came out and my name was not on the list even though my appraisal score was perfect, i feel so demoralised because even my juniors have rissen to higher level, i do trust in my God but then it is just so painful.

my dear u had better not injure urself oo, where does ur husband work?does he earn more dan u do? Well i think u should worry more abt spending more quality time with ur kids and ur husband.worry more abt how to manage finances with ur hubby so u can raise ur kids in d best possible way. U are a woman and ur no one priority should b ur home not ur job. Tnk God u av a good job,concentrate more on d lovely family God has blessed u with. Remember d live spam of a job is much longer than dat of we human being. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: I Am So Very Sad by taryour(f): 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2012
Iam married with three beautiful kids, work in a commercial bank which prevents me from having quality time with my kids, i really dont mind cos we do not have another option for now, my annoyance lies in the fact that even though i work very hard and also do my work deligently to the satisfaction of my internal and external customers, i rarely get promoted, a recent promotion list just came out and my name was not on the list even though my appraisal score was perfect, i feel so demoralised because even my juniors have rissen to higher level, i do trust in my God but then it is just so painful.

my dear u had better not injure urself oo, where does ur husband work?does he earn more dan u do? Well i think u should worry more abt spending more quality time with ur kids and ur husband.worry more abt how to manage finances with ur hubby so u can raise ur kids in d best possible way. U are a woman and ur no one priority should b ur home not ur job. Tnk God u av a good job,concentrate more on d lovely family God has blessed u with. Remember d live spam of a job is much longer than dat of we human being. Goodluck
Re: I Am So Very Sad by ifyalways(f): 12:02pm On Jul 02, 2012
Be of good cheer.concentrate on your blessings and thank God for your loved ones he's blessed you with.perhaps, your own Gods set time for promotion has not yet come, God might be building you up for something bigger and better.
Thank God for where he's placed you today and wait for his pace and time in all your endeavours.

3 Likes

Re: I Am So Very Sad by stepo707: 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2012
First of all am so sorry about not been promoted.I'll advise you not to loose faith and please continue praying and trusting God.A little more patience and God will surely promote you.Cheers.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by seunadeolu(m): 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
It better you raise substantial sums of money set up a business you love and you are also good at EXPAND IT while you work then SACK yourself from Bondage cry and Live free cheesy and also be able to spend QUALITY time with your husband and kids, cuz nothing pays more than you been your own BOSS!

3 Likes

Re: I Am So Very Sad by PrettyCindy(f): 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2012
seun_adeolu: [color=#006600]It better you raise substantial sums of money set up a business you love and you are also good at EXPAND IT while you work then SACK yourself from Bondage cry and Live free cheesy and also be able to spend QUALITY time with your husband and kids, cuz nothing pays more than you been your own BOSS!

Seconded!
Re: I Am So Very Sad by Tgirl4real(f): 3:45pm On Jul 02, 2012
aww . . . I feel u. That is how things are. Most people get promoted not cos they are better but cos they connected. Take heart. Try set some money aside and look for a biz to invest in. But make sure the biz is standing before resigning.

Cheers!

Topic moved.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by koolguy88(m): 5:17pm On Jul 02, 2012
prepare ur cv and submit with other banks, u'll be invited for interview and would be employed on a next grade, make a move now and u'll be glad u did. best of luck
Re: I Am So Very Sad by maclatunji: 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2012
I am married with three beautiful kids, work in a commercial bank which prevents me from having quality time with my kids. i really don't mind because we do not have another option for now.

my annoyance lies in the fact that even though i work very hard and also do my work diligently to the satisfaction of my internal and external customers, i rarely get promoted. A recent promotion list just came out and my name was not on the list even though my appraisal score was perfect, i feel so demoralised because even my juniors have risen to higher level, i do trust in my God but then it is just so painful.

Awwwwwww, God's time is the best and whilst you are waiting, start looking for alternative investments that you can rely on in the future. Your bank may want to sack you going by what you have said- hope for the best but prepare for the worst. You have to be brave at heart, life can be tough and mean. Add plenty prayers too.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by Chanchit: 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2012
U better clean ur face before idiots like sagamite catch u, or else u will get an advice good enough to get u into that water under third mainland bridge....
Re: I Am So Very Sad by Alamutatalo: 5:23pm On Jul 02, 2012
Your name was not on the exit list either!Thank your God for that.I had a colleague who graduated with a first class and always got very high appraisal scores cos of her hard work,intelligence and diligence,unfortunately her branch was closed down and she was sacked!Shes now back in school for her M.sc after wasting 6 good years in banking.So my sister thank your God and dont relent or be discouraged.

2 Likes

Re: I Am So Very Sad by SpiritofOkija(m): 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2012

Find the topmost Boss involved and fhuck him or her.. That always works.. Good luck and Godspeed!
Re: I Am So Very Sad by GATomcruise: 5:37pm On Jul 02, 2012
))))pls madam i beleive dat u are so faitful to ur husband because issue like dat always come out. At the end of the day some later make up there mind to settle their boss.in the office.hope ur boss have been eye u for long ago.is better for u to stay @ home and take care of ur kids children. Any other thing is ur husband duty to feed u and beautiful kids.pls have a nice time wit ur family
Re: I Am So Very Sad by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Jul 02, 2012
Thank God you still have a job
Re: I Am So Very Sad by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 02, 2012
angry
Spirit of Okija:

Find the topmost Boss involved and fhuck him or her.. That always works.. Good luck and Godspeed!

Dia are lots of sick juvenile delinquents on naoraland these days.urrh

1 Like

Re: I Am So Very Sad by tunax5loon(m): 5:42pm On Jul 02, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

[size=16pt]
where is your brain[/size] embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: I Am So Very Sad by SpiritofOkija(m): 5:43pm On Jul 02, 2012
mobuch: angry

Dia are lots of sick juvenile delinquents on naoraland these days.urrh

And how am I a juvenile?!

Are you too young to talk about sex or are you ignorant of the fact that sex can also aid her in her quest for promotion?

Nwokem, I made my point same as others, if you feel you have better, say it and stop acting all holy.. Nairaland is for mature Adults not babies..
Re: I Am So Very Sad by SpiritofOkija(m): 5:43pm On Jul 02, 2012
tunax5loon:

[size=16pt]
where is your brain[/size] embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

In my skull..

And your point?! angry
Re: I Am So Very Sad by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2012
The Banking Industry is the same in Nigeria - That Glass Ceiling where female staff find it hard to break.
1: Devote more of your productive time to improving yourself in other areas different from your present role.
2: Are you Customer-facing (i.e Cashier) or Desk-sitting Treasury & Operations or an Account Manager. This is a determining factor
3: Who do you know up the ladder of Executive Management or Middle-Management 80% Promotion is Hard-work but the remaining (critical) 30% is how you are appraised and who thinks you merit a promotion. Know the right people (do not sleep with Management whatever the gains) but you need to make yourself relevant (nobody is indispensable) to remain relevant
4: Unfortunately the Banking Sector is not very favorable, i would have suggested moving sideways into another bank. I have a friend who spent the past 7 years moving from one bank to another getting a better position and salary as he did. now he is a Manager for one of the bank's subsidiaries
5: This is a last resort - Start Planning to become your own-boss

1 Like

Re: I Am So Very Sad by tunax5loon(m): 5:46pm On Jul 02, 2012
Spirit of Okija: Find the topmost Boss involved and fhuck him or her.. That always works.. Good luck and Godspeed!

[size=17pt]i guess you will tell your mother/wife the same[/size]
Re: I Am So Very Sad by Next2Bezee(m): 5:46pm On Jul 02, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Spirit of Okija:

In my skull..

And your point?! angry

Really doesn't seem like you have one though, no offense. undecided
Re: I Am So Very Sad by fesse(f): 5:47pm On Jul 02, 2012
tunax5loon:

[size=16pt]

His brain is in the waste bin. Sometimes he reason from his anu.s

Muo ojoo
Re: I Am So Very Sad by SpiritofOkija(m): 5:59pm On Jul 02, 2012
tunax5loon:

[size=17pt]i guess you will tell your mother/wife the same[/size]

Leave them out of this.. I thought you were mature..

Next2Bezee:

Really doesn't seem like you have one though, no offense. undecided

I know right!!

Thats what makes me Mmuo Okija.. My ways are not your ways..

fesse:

His brain is in the waste bin. Sometimes he reason from his anu.s

Muo ojoo

I love it when you talk dirty.. Say anus again!!

looool!!

Official Statement..

You guys are all obviously babies or hypocrites.. The preson stated a problem, I trust all of you are christians so you come and give the standard Pray, Fast, meet your MOG and blah blah blah textbook response..

I on the other hand went to the other extreme and said what I said.. The truth is that my suggestion works.. INFACT, I know a woman who just got employed where I work because she is either related to someone in the Rivers State government or she is fhucking the person.. Cos she got made a permanenet staff without a test or exam or interview and everyone knows it..

We are talking about the coporate world here and its not a place for ignorant and naive babies like you guys..

I will accept your attacks as valid if any one of you can prove to me that sex cannot or has never been used as a tool for gettimg whatever in the Corporate/business world..

#Fhucking babies.. I give you the hard bitter truth that y'all are scared of acknowledging..
Re: I Am So Very Sad by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2012
You probably have been the very mature and principled type. Your juniors may be having affairs with superiors or bribing their way through if your appraisal is better and you dont get promoted. Have you thought of leaving the banking sector soon ? Save and invest, bank jobs are not futuristic anymore.

1 Like

Re: I Am So Very Sad by ifihearam: 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2012
@spirit of okija
I hope your mother and sister phukt their ways to promotion in their endeavours. Iddiioott

2 Likes

Re: I Am So Very Sad by benzion72(m): 6:09pm On Jul 02, 2012
My dear i was in that prison for ten years. On Banking officer level for 7years.until I get out of the cycle the most painful thing is that the lazy, indolent who knows nothing get promoted faster if they can open their leg or with a God father or mother. Appraisal don't count for promotion in most banks it is your network.
My advise is that you get a personal plan of exit. Work on it day and night. Presently I produce cleaning products like soap, toilet wash and insecticides and poultry. My health is restored I work at my own pace. I have time for my family
Re: I Am So Very Sad by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 02, 2012
Sowi. I advise you to discuss with your husband and start up another business. But if you are a single mother kindly save some money and start investing in another biz once it stands, then resign. Take heart God dey watch. It pays Good to be your own boss.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by kemiola89(f): 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2012
Billyonaire: You probably have been the very mature and principled type. Your juniors may be having affairs with superiors or bribing their way through if your appraisal is better and you dont get promoted. Have you thought of leaving the banking sector soon ? Save and invest, bank jobs are not futuristic anymore.
GBAM...
Re: I Am So Very Sad by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2012
ifihearam: @spirit of okija
I hope your mother and sister phukt their ways to promotion in their endeavours. Iddiioott

I believe so

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Improve Your Career By Becoming A Better Writer / Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. / Foreign Airlines To Sack 2000 Workers: Union Kicks Against Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.