Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) (3747 Views)

David Mark Returns To Benue To Meet A Rousing Welcome From Supporters / Arase Issues Final Warning To Pro-Biafra Prostesters / Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by manchy7531: 4:10am On Jul 02, 2012
The Benue State Commissioner for Health and Social Services, Dr. Oduen Abunku, has disclosed that over 600,000 persons are currently living with the dreaded HIV/AIDS in the state. Abunku lamented that skyrocketing figure had left the state on the top of chart of available statistics of the most endemic states in the federation. The Commissioner, who spoke at the joint Memorandum of Understanding, MoU, signing ceremony between the Benue State Government, the NKST Health Services and the Nigeria Indigenous Capacity Building Project, regretted that HIV/AIDS infestation in the state was destroying and eroding the state’s capacity in the food and agriculture. He said: “In Nigeria, Benue State has for many years topped the chart of the prevalence of HIV/AIDS with over 600,000 persons living with the virus in the state.

“The virus is destroying our farms, schools and churches and that is why we will continue to partner organisations who are providing services to the infected and affected in the state.”

He called on all development partners in the current war against the virus in the state to redouble their efforts at curbing the prevalence of the virus in the state.

In his remarks, Governor Gabriel Suswam, who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government, SSG, Dr. David Salifu, said his administration would continue to partner relevant agencies and international partners to ensure that the scourge of AIDS in the state was effectively checked.

Suswam, who disclosed that at the inception of his administration, the state had only one HIV/AIDS treatment centre, however, noted that his administration had established 20 more centres for the benefit of the infected.

The governor urged the people of the state to put aside their socio-political differences and join forces against the virus in the state, adding: “We must put aside our socio-political differences and stand up against the virus, so that our people will be able to lead a normal live.

1 Like

Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by manchy7531: 4:15am On Jul 02, 2012
i always see a lot of people accuse Owerri of having a lot of love peddlers because of the concentration of hotels in imo but on the contrary owerri girls seem to be the smartest of all the south eastern ladies

2 Likes

Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by ektbear: 4:33am On Jul 02, 2012
I still don't know why the AIDS rate is so high in Benue.
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by OneNaira6: 4:46am On Jul 02, 2012
The list is a bit shocking. Imo Enugu, Anambra and delta is too high.

chei what have happened to the mentioned states. shocked
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by Beaf: 4:54am On Jul 02, 2012
ekt_bear: I still don't know why the AIDS rate is so high in Benue.

AIDS problems are highest where babes are finest.
In parts of Benue state, the babes are bloody sexy, with arses that roll to inaudible music.
I remember one girl called Ladi... lipsrsealed
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by Nobody: 5:06am On Jul 02, 2012
I am not really surprised the list is dominated by SS and Middle Belt.
Sex is just like playing table tennis in some of those states. It's never a big deal.

After Youth Service in Delta, some of my friends went for HIV test more than 10 times to be sure of being HIV free.
From Warri, to Ughelli, to Patani, to Sagbama and Yenogoa (when crossed over to Bayelsa) ! Over endowed sexy ladies all the way!

Before you play for five minutes, penalty kick is already awarded.
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by ektbear: 5:10am On Jul 02, 2012
That mentality needs to change. At a minimum, they need to use condoms.
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by bashr8: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2012
Beaf:

In parts of Benue state, the babes are bloody sexy, with arses that roll to inaudible music.
did you consider compliance , how many people actually go for the testing, the real statistics is actually higher accross nigeria because people move around and mojority dont even go for testing ,so no matter what state you are in be careful.
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by Jonzingmaster(m): 12:58pm On Jul 02, 2012
OMG!i was thinking of putting benue o...change of plan..calabar plan B
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by achi4u(m): 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2012
sorry for that state
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by Yeske2(m): 2:52pm On Jul 02, 2012
Beaf:

What did you do with Ladi?
**Ears itching for more details **
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by T9ksy(m): 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2012
Beaf:

See ashewo man o! grin arses dey roll to inaudible music ke! neva hia dat one b4.

Abegi, elucidate o!
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by Ejine(m): 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2012
Chino always said Imo was the prostiitution capital of Igboland.
But looking at that list... well... It's a pretty funny world we live in, isn't it?

Benue and Akwa Ibom na die! E be like say you even fit catch HIV via Bluetooth for dia if that list is anything to go by.

My Delta still no carry last at the end of the day sha, although I have to agree the statistics do look pretty grim on a general note cry
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 02, 2012
manchy7531: i always see a lot of people accuse Owerri of having a lot of love peddlers because of the concentration of hotels in imo but on the contrary owerri girls seem to be the smartest of all the south eastern ladies

GBAM!!!!!!!!!!!! It sure pays to be educated.

@OP
Where is Chino11 and his Anambara buddies here that like to mock Imo girls any chance they got?

What do you have to say?

Empty vessels makes the loudest noise cool.

Advice to Hiv patient: Eat food highly rich in Anti-oxidants and you will live longer.
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by ektbear: 11:02pm On Jul 02, 2012
Imo girls rock

Very friendly and nice, at least to ekt_bear

Imo girl haters like chino11 can go hug transformer cheesy
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by Parnassuss(m): 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2013
After seeing this list my body cold
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by geeez: 5:04pm On Jan 19, 2013
Prevalence is low in the SW ...as expected. My chaste sisters, keep it up

1 Like

Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by ssador: 3:38am On Mar 18, 2013
You know what,the less rated states are the ones that never tested. Maybe you go do some testing then you rate agin and let's see. smiley
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by ssador: 3:44am On Mar 18, 2013
Olodostein:

GBAM!!!!!!!!!!!! It sure pays to be educated.

@OP
Where is Chino11 and his Anambara buddies here that like to mock Imo girls any chance they got?

What do you have to say?

Empty vessels makes the loudest noise cool.

Advice to Hiv patient: Eat food highly rich in Anti-oxidants and you will live longer.
hey I think u guys should test yourselfs well ok and check out.you are not among the top listed is because none of you go for the test. Try n see for yourself
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by Ngwakwe: 5:53am On Mar 18, 2013
**************************************************************************************************************************************************

See how incredible statistical data dey flow for 9ja just like Nigerian Census figures were people dey live for and enjoy desert more than hinterland.
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by vanstanzy(m): 9:54am On Mar 18, 2013
Beaf:

Hush your mouth! angry angry angry
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by vanstanzy(m): 9:58am On Mar 18, 2013
geeez: Prevalence is low in the SW ...as expected. My chaste sisters, keep it up

What informs u that your yoruba girls are chaste grin grin grin grin grin Guy, u funny no be small! grin grin grin grin grin The fact

that they are not infected, doesn't mean that they are chaste. Lest u don't know, ur girls fV*ck like minks.
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by geeez: 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2013
Well I've been around and Yoruba girls are not the cheapest or biggest practitioners of the world's oldest profession
Re: Benue Top Hiv List (warning to Youth Corpers Posted To Benue) by grafikii: 1:06pm On Mar 18, 2013
geeez: Well I've been around and Yoruba girls are not the cheapest or biggest practitioners of the world's oldest profession
True that

(1) (Reply)

20% Of Lagos Internal Revenue Goes To Bola Tinubu For 16 Years!- Olisa Metuh / Daura President Results On Google / NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.