Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others (7820 Views)

First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC / Batch B 2014 Posted To Borno Let's Meet Here / Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by PetroG1: 10:10am On Jul 03, 2012
Nysc is not a do or die, but is mandatory and its also a passport for getting a job.
Talking been posted to the war zone. Its not a problem at all. except one thing is done.
Director of NYSC MARY KOLAJO should be provide security from the departure point till the point of arrival and also she will also bethere through out the 3weeks exercise.
Another slution which is vital is that send the muslims that are notherners to the warzone so if they die we wont feel the impact.
In addition Kolajo mary should send her child there since she insisted that they should all resume then start redloyment process from there. they should set the examples and they should face the consequences.
Inconclusion. all those warzone corps members camp should be shut down till further notice, no corps should be sent to those staes and no one will get hurt.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by nuelnuel: 10:13am On Jul 03, 2012
Look at this last month the US ordered all its citizen to depart from Kenya cos there is risk of eminent attack on the port of Mombasa.As in jst one region forced them 2 do this cos no matter whatever u do u can't bring a dead person back to life. but this is Nigerian govt sending its own citizens to the most volatile region this shows the Nigerian government has no regard for human life.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Alfoasegh: 10:20am On Jul 03, 2012
This is gross insensitivity and wickedness on the part of government. As a group, all corpers posted to those troubled states should decline collectively and let's see how government will penalize all of them for not turning up. But as is typical of most of us, selfish and self-centred Nigerians, I'm sure some corpers who have 1 or 2 things to benefit must have reported to camps in those states already.....smh

1 Like

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 03, 2012
We can never learn in this country,has the govt forgotten how the corpers were massacred in the north?i weep for Nigeria,things arent working.we need seriously prayers.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 03, 2012
We can never learn in this country,has the govt forgotten how the corpers were massacred in the north?i weep for Nigeria,things arent working.we need serious prayers.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Sunca: 10:37am On Jul 03, 2012
They should reject it with dir last blood.Service,my foot.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by ifyalways(f): 10:42am On Jul 03, 2012
Threads like this are refreshing. It glaringly points out the naija hypocrisy in us. I recall the thread someone was asking if you'll ever "offer bribe" in any way and for any reason to aid your kids educational pursuit.my good friend said no, God forbid and guess what?the kid brother was posted to yola and she's gone to "settle" an officer for his redeployment to lagos.
@topic, none of my family or friends is serving anywhere in the north excluding Abuja.I would gladly "sort" to get him or her redeployed.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by extension: 10:45am On Jul 03, 2012
Somebody asked must you serve? The answer is No.
Somebody asked again how about getting job if you did not serve? the answer is how many fresh graduates have gotten job since 20yrs ago?
For the govt to send to war front:-Provide three months full military training to all
corpers.
Arm them with assult rifle eg.Ak47 or hand granede.
Pay borno corpers 100,000 naira a month.
pay yobe,bauchi,plateau,kaduna etc 75,000.00 a month.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by jenlucas(m): 11:12am On Jul 03, 2012
Am serving in NE zone a batch A corper in bauchi, most of all dis news we hear'я̅ε̲̣ not true Τђѯ area Ȋ̝̊̅§ affected by insecurity but not Τђѯ way it Ȋ̝̊̅§ on paper, people 'я̅ε̲̣ living Ãήϑ work so let shun al dis rubbish. You hav τ̲̅ȍ decide if u wish τ̲̅ȍ come or not
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by olu4life(m): 11:20am On Jul 03, 2012
jen_lucas: Am serving in NE zone a batch A corper in bauchi, most of all dis news we hear'я̅ε̲̣ not true Τђѯ area Ȋ̝̊̅§ affected by insecurity but not Τђѯ way it Ȋ̝̊̅§ on paper, people 'я̅ε̲̣ living Ãήϑ work so let shun al dis rubbish. You hav τ̲̅ȍ decide if u wish τ̲̅ȍ come or not
Na one day sumtin new dey happen. Its true that not all the areas are affected. Before kano and kaduna was affected,we all thought it was save until it became one of the most critical area. Note: prevention is better than cure. So mr oga its better to avoid those areas like plague
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by JFACTOR1(m): 11:27am On Jul 03, 2012
My people have an adage that says if you are abandoned, dont abandon yourself. Government is literary plying go and die, but you can say I dont want to die. Reject the call up letter, you will be reposted by Nov.You can influence your posting with money. All NYSC staff are gullible. I was posted to Kaduna, my parents,siblings and well wishers said over their dead body will they let me go. If you are posted to these areas, reject the call up. Dont be so wicked to put your loved ones under tension for 365 days. Should you phone be out of network for 2days what will they be thinking. Maybe either of them would have developed hypertension before you come back. Remember all they would give your family is 500k.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by efitaw(m): 11:27am On Jul 03, 2012
Please what is the security situation in Adamawa state? My sis has been posted there, and my parents dont want her to go.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by sweetchiks: 11:28am On Jul 03, 2012
Obiagu1:

How can you get job in Nigeria without serving?

If none of the corp members posted to these states show up in camp, the government will know that they are serious. Useless NYSC!!!
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by bizideas2(m): 11:50am On Jul 03, 2012
The solution to dis is simple,let the indigenes of the affected states serve in their state if the govt.insist.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 03, 2012
where are the gej muppets to defend this latest act of madness from the govt of the man who cannot fly to maiduguri?
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Umunede(m): 12:29pm On Jul 03, 2012
We are our greatest enemy. Can u see all the people mentioned in d report? They are all southerners including the one insisting that they must report in the camp first before they are redeployed. This is what an hausa man will neva do to his brother/sister. For instance, the hausa people know BH people but they refuse to identify them.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by DarkFive: 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
This is an Outrage!!

Fellow Nigerians we cant sit and watch our govt sit and sentence our young Brains to untimely deathembarassed.

How can a govt,who couldnt protect its own FORCE QUARTERS in abuja(citadel of power)protect/guarrantee or secure life and property of mere CORP Members posted to these security challenged states
(terrorist inhabited states).

Or will they train our corpers with life rounds or ammunition?

This our Government is totally confused,instead of reducing casualty rate by asking innocent people to flee and perform thorough cleansing,they are sending innocent young potential leaders.

This to me is a Clarion Call for all of us,we all need to protest via any social platform till it gets to the idiots making this collosal desicion.

Why send Christians to Kano?when the town ought to be declared a state of emergency
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by mekaboy(m): 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
I RATHER KILL MYSELF THAN COMMIT SUICIDE ....LOL
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by jaybee(f): 12:54pm On Jul 03, 2012
chuks49: Corps members posted to Yobe, Kaduna, Kano, Sokoto, Bornu and Bauchi states have asked the National Youth Service Corps to redeploy them from these trouble states.

The corps members, who expressed sadness as they received their call-up letters for the Batch B NYSC service year, said they were confused as they did not know what to do due to the spate of bombings and other forms of insecurity in these states.

Some of the corps members and their families, who expressed their worries on various social network sites including Facebook and Twitter, said they were extremely sad and disappointed when they received their call-up letters, deploying them to trouble states where there is currently curfew, threats of reprisals andcenseless bombings.

Some of the comments on the social network sites read, “We need to arise and stop the government from sentencing us and our loved ones to death. Is our government/NYSCthis heartless or simply inhumane? We seek our immediate redeployment, we want to live in places where wecan work with peace of mind.’’

Our correspondents learnt thatauthorities of the NYSC had also been under pressure from parents and prospective corps members posted to northern states, who had been seeking alternative posting.

Our Correspondent learnt in Abuja on Sunday that the NYSCwas already collaborating with the affected states on how to ensure security for the corps members posted to their states.

But speaking through the Borno State Commissioner for Information, Mr. Inuwa Bwala, in a telephone interview with our correspondent in Abuja on Sunday, the Governor, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, made a casefor corps members to be posted to the state.

He argued that the security situation in the state was beingexaggerated by detractors to further isolate the state from the rest of the country.

He said, “While it is true that we have security challenges,(http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/03/02/nigeria-war-in-the-north-war-in-the-south/ , http://www.ngex.com/news/public/article.php?ArticleID=2177 , http://www.google.com.ng/search?q=war+in+north+nigeria&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=649&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&sei=ud7yT8rINaPO0QXB0P2vCQ&gbv=2&tbm=isch , http://aderinola./2012/01/23/the-war-in-northern-nigeria-boko-haram-detonates-20-bombs-in-kano/ , )it is a fact that these challenges are not exclusive to Borno State.

“[b]We don’t have on record any attack on visitors[/b]http://www.punchng.com/news/attackers-slit-seven-construction-workers-throats-in-maiduguri/ neither do we have any record of attacks on the NYSC camp or corps members posted to and currently serving in Borno State.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/outrage-as-nysc-posts-graduates-to-borno-others/

I would suggest the whole set of corpers refuse the whole exercise in solidarity to those posted to these deadly zones; and any right thinking Nigerian should support them on this. no one should support senseless posting of young innocent Nigerians to war fronts.

Nigeria is at war (FULL SCALE WAR) and the states in the north are the war fronts. truth must be told. this is not a mere security challenge. the so-called leaders have no courage to face a war hence, they call it security challenge, hundreds of innocent people are been massacred on daily and hourly basis while government keep on pretending all is well. even well trained police and other well equipped forces are being killed perpetually. Christians in many locations in the north have relocated from their God-given native lands, some to neighboring states and no one is doing anything on it.

The NYSC have not worked (at least going by the tribo-sectional tone of the Nairaland and other social media and politico-socio-cultural discourse). assuming it worked before, it is no longer relevant in Nigeria of today. if all other avenues did not unite Nigeria, then NYSC, as presently operated,can not unilaterally unite Nigeria. so what is its basis? it is long overdue for outright crapping, total reform or complete modification. it has outlived its usefulness if it ever had any.

i will suggest that outside my advice for a complete boycot of the NYSC program this time, those going on a suicide mission may venture to the north on so-called NYSC. the risk is too high for a normal person to take.

Finally remember that your life does not depend on NYSC; Your destiny is not teid to NYSC; why why the panic and anxiety?
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Biggyd2: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2012
Yomieluv: We can never learn in this country,has the govt forgotten how the corpers were massacred in the north?i weep for Nigeria,things arent working.we need serious prayers.

I am sorry, your leaders don't care. Their children are not part of the "poor masses". Life is cheap here!
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by baba11(m): 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
salaksmana:
If you must look for job collect an exception letter, find an excuse maybe your health is not that sound or whatever.
it may not augur well for u in the long run if u take such step as it will b presumed that u are overage,n u know w@ labor market wants....
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by subnormal: 1:58pm On Jul 03, 2012
where are the civil societies? why can't we protest against this insensitivity by the govt? where is occupy nigeria when we really need dem
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by doublecross(m): 2:25pm On Jul 03, 2012
infact this people are useless......they shouldnt even think of posting any of the corps to the north at all. God go punish their papa.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Mbechun007: 2:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
Business Development Manager (BDM) Vacancy

A Lifestyle Investment Company with business interests in the Real Estate, Hotel Management, Leisure and Fashion retailing industry with combined years of business spanning a decade is looking for smart, business minded and goal-oriented people to join its expanding team.

We are a 360-lifestyle brand driven by a desire to provide innovative products that meets the lifestyle needs of our clients within our chosen business categories. We seek to embody the values and aspirations of our core target audience and build an affinity with them that transcends the products and services we offer.

If you want a career that will challenge you and provide you with an environment that encourages growth, innovation and intrapreneurship, then feel free to contact us.

Business Development Manager (BDM)

Key Role

The primary role of the BDM is one that requires extensive networking and the ability to transform relationships into value-add. The BDM will drive client recruitment and retention, develop and implement marketing strategy and ensure overall profitability of our real estate business.

Responsibilities

Gather information and generate insight on new businesses, products and services to identify existing or expected gaps in the mitigation of needs of existing or potential clients.
Analyze consumer/client trends and information, and categories to help identify new services to introduce as future sources of growth and income.
Conduct analysis and periodical reviews of the brand
Source, identify and generate new business opportunities for the business.
Formal proposal and presentation management and writing
Advise on, draft and enforce sales policies and processes.
Proposition and campaign development.
Effectively deliver pitches and presentations.
Ongoing and effective monitoring and nurturing of client relationships
Pro-active consultation and facilitation of projects
Regular feedback/liaison with client/agencies / suppliers and in-house team
Professional presentations to clients, accurate minutes of meetings with clients
Develop and implement marketing strategies and innovative marketing ideas to drive business growth
Marketing planning and performance monitoring system
Oversight for marketing functions of our real estate business.

Reports to
The candidate will report to the CEO and be guided by the group Business Development Consultant.

Person Profile
Confident
Conceptual
Proactive
Detailed
Intrapreneurial
Possess integrity
Team player

Skills & Competencies
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Ability to get along and work with people.
Excellent and effective presentation skills.
Must possess an analytic mind and be able to formulate and implement Strategy.
Ability to write and speak clearly and effectively.
Ability to generate leads, network with people and follow up on leads generated.
Ability to manage marketing, sales and customer service personnel.
Computer literate and intermediate use of office productivity tools (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
Intermediate knowledge of brands and marketing.

Qualifications & Experience
Graduate Degree (B.A/BSC, HND) in any discipline.
4-6 years experience. At least 3 of those years should have been spent in a supervisory role in the retail, brand management and/or real estate industry.
A strong marketing and branding experience preferably in the real estate industry.
An affinity for digital media is an added advantage.
A post-graduate degree will be an added advantage.
Applicants with lower educational qualifications and retail marketing and real estate experience will be considered.

Mode of Application
Submit a cover letter detailing why you want to work with us and how your qualification and experience ties into the position (Max. 500 words)
Send your Resume (With References) and your cover letter to: tohrfactory@gmail.com (Email subject: BDM Job Application)

Additional Information
The successful candidate will work from the company’s Victoria Island office.
All applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive.
This advert is valid for one week after date of posting.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Attractive remuneration.

http://hrfactoryvacancies./
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Biggyd2: 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2012
Thank goodness. House of reps have said that corp members should not be sent to crisis prone areas. I thank them o for this one o!
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by curtain: 2:51pm On Jul 03, 2012
I TINK BOKO HARAM NEEDS FREESH BLOOD FROM SOUTH TO SUCK, AND THERE MEMBERS IN NYSC AND NATIONAL ASSEMBLY ARE SENDING-IN ENOUGH SUPPLY. Dey shud hv sent dem 2 afganistan.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by DarkFive: 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2012
Biggyd2: Thank goodness. House of reps have said that corp members should not be sent to crisis prone areas. I thank them o for this one o!

Please kindly confirm the source of this post,because this aint no joke
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by riskit33: 4:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
please does anyone know when the NYSC orientation camp is closing for arrivals this week?
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by 2sign: 5:24pm On Jul 03, 2012
they don't attack visitor's as if dy write visitor on 1s 4head.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Beync(f): 6:05pm On Jul 03, 2012
NYSC is no longer a prerequisite for geting a job in naija. so people don commit suicide cos u want the certificate.
we even making arrangement to redeploy my sister they posted to Abuja talk of borno, God forbid .satan punish nysc for this wickedness.
Governor sherif abe sherima may ur children serve in borno ewu
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by folystory: 9:35pm On Jul 03, 2012
Guy, ur comment make sense die. I support ur argueMent.
Re: Outrage As NYSC Posts Graduates To Borno, Others by Tex42(m): 12:41am On Jul 04, 2012
These nyse officials are going gaga as far as I'm concerned,post pples kids to the north instead of evacuating/re-deploying corp members in troubled nortern states to other peaceful states.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State / NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp / Nysc 2017 Batch B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.