Stats: 3,143,254 members, 7,780,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:16 PM

If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper (11836 Views)

2013 batch B Corps Members Posted To Yobe let's hook up. / A Thread For Copers Posted To YOBE State / Corpers Posted To Yobe And Borno Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ejiné:

Nobody wan die! grin

But everybody wan go heaven! grin
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by dabrake(m): 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
Biggyd2: And for the die-hard ones who want to go and see war, Presido don dey market one book. Make una jack am well well and when BH come, use de book do armour. Una hear?

see :
President Goodluck Jonathan will on Tuesday launch the presentation of a book written by former Inspector General of Police, Mike Okiro, on security.

The book, 'Overcoming security challenges', serves as a guide on security awareness for Nigerians caught in the present prevailing security challenges.

Other dignitaries expected at the book launch include the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Bamaga Tukur; the Ooni of Ife, Okunade Sijuwade; Senate President David Mark; and the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu.

According to Okiro, the book is a manual of crime prevention and a compendium of expedient clues that could guild government authorities on security challenges facing the nation.http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/gej-launch-book-security-challenges
no vex abeg but i have to laff

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Orikinla(m): 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2012
[size=48pt]Only i-d-iots will post innocent NYSC members to the Boko Haram states in Nigeria.[/size]

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by dayo23(f): 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
jmaine:

lol, Bros . . . . When men no be suicide bomber grin . . . . .Aspiring boko haram suicide bombers can proceed to Yobe for onward recruitment tongue
lolz....lwkd
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by freecocoa(f): 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
Billyonaire: Going to Yobe is scary, but I dont think its the President that influences NYSC posting.
Who says he does? The issue is simply if he with all the security he has can't go to yobe,why expect an ordinary citizen to go there and spend one full year?

@Topic,Makes a lot of sense.
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by TBD(m): 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
well said if GEJ that have everthing at his finger tip his affraid of insecurity over their said early who is bloody corper to and sacrifice his precious life there. Now see like boko haram have move headquarter from borno to yobe state.
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by lumeneng22: 3:33pm On Jul 03, 2012
Who is that mad man that is still posting CHRISTAINS to the north and our law makers are watching? Try and post the children of law makers there whether they wont resist it.
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by tessyade: 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2012
gbogboti: House of Representatives halts posting of corps members to volatile states in Northern Nigeria.
Source: Punch
If this is true then its a welcome development. I sometimes wonder how those nysc officials reason, i just cant imagine why they will choose to endanger the lives of innocent people all in the name of service.
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 03, 2012
oge4real: Billionaire your comprehension is lipsrsealed
Thanks for falling in love with me, I got the message. Thanks again.
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 03, 2012
Billyonaire: Going to Yobe is scary, but I dont think its the President that influences NYSC posting.

Who is this Billy goat of a guy ,tongue
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 03, 2012
freecocoa: Who says he does? The issue is simply if he with all the security he has can't go to yobe,why expect an ordinary citizen to go there and spend one full year?

@Topic,Makes a lot of sense.

Free Cocoa, must the President be brought into every discussion ?
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 03, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Who is this Billy goat of a guy ,tongue
Billy Goat is a nice name, thanks for the compliment.
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by adsega(m): 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2012
[quote author=jmaine]

Bros grin , bombs no dey look face tia pesin into shreds cheesy . . . . .

Na so broda. Nobody wants to be blown into smithereens. If GEJ, with his security apparatus could not go there, d corpers fear is justified!
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by OAM4J: 3:42pm On Jul 03, 2012
Billyonaire: Free Cocoa, must the President be brought into every discussion ?

Yes. Because he is the C-in-C and the nation chief security officer. He was the one that sworn an oath to protect every Nigerian citizen and guarantee security.

So If he came on a national TV and announced he was unable to visit Yobe despite the enormous security resources at his disposal he should endeavor to protect ordinary Nigerians who cannot even boast of an helmet.

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Biggyd2: 3:43pm On Jul 03, 2012
dabrake:
no vex abeg but i have to laff

I beg no finish d laff yet jare. You no see the 'dignitaries'? Our government is really working to eliminate BH! I laff for swahilli!

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by adewasco2k(m): 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2012
just got back from NYSC HQ in Abuja, my sister (married with 2 months old baby) got posted to Yobe State..we went to the office to ask for redeploymemt to where her husband is....menh...they asked her to go to the camp and fill the form and she will be redeployed
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by freecocoa(f): 3:45pm On Jul 03, 2012
This is not every discussion,it is a very sensitive one which links to the president in lots of ways.

Inshort if you don't bring the president into this who will you bring?,this is a matter of national security so the president is the topic of discussion.

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 03, 2012
OAM4J:

Yes. Because he is the C-in-C and the nation chief security officer. He was the one that sworn an oath to protect every Nigerian citizen and guarantee security.

So If he came on a national TV and announced he was unable to visit Yobe despite the enormous security resources at his disposal he should endeavor to protect ordinary Nigerians who cannot even boast of an helmet.
I get it, Okay GEJ, you are hereby commanded to shutdown Yobe NYSC camp !
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by SisiKill1: 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2012

Must the president be brought in a discussion about the country??!!

Gah! It's such a pain watching people compound idiocy with more idiocy!!

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
freecocoa: This is not every discussion,it is a very sensitive one which links to the president in lots of ways.

Inshort if you don't bring the president into this who will you bring?,this is a matter of national security so the president is the topic of discussion.
The poster can redeploy to other states, there are ways of going about it. I was posted to Gombe State 10yrs ago, and I deploy to Lagos....there is a process to follow. GEJ doesnt need to take gun and go to Yobe to shoot BH, he has directed JTF to handle that. So, may be he should deploy the entire battalion to go decimate the entire state.
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by cyril83(m): 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2012
@op please don't just try it,most of the corp members who were posted to yobe had turned down their call up letters,yobe is hotter than fire now.
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Pataki: 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
I just don't get it though.

Is it a must to do a useless NYSC?
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
Pataki: I just don't get it though.

Is it a must to do a useless NYSC?
Yes, or get exemption certificate. There is also an option to defer to another year.
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by freecocoa(f): 4:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
Billyonaire: The poster can redeploy to other states, there are ways of going about it. I was posted to Gombe State 10yrs ago, and I deploy to Lagos....there is a process to follow. GEJ doesnt need to take gun and go to Yobe to shoot BH, he has directed JTF to handle that. So, may be he should deploy the entire battalion to go decimate the entire state.
Having served you should know that you must go to the state where you were posted,stay in camp for 3 full weeks before anything can be done,NO? What if an attack happens before the process you are talking about is completed?

Now the issue is why should they even post people there in the first place?it is GEJ's headache whether you believe it or not,he has the power to scrap postings to the north,of course due process must be followed but bottom line is,he has the power,why won't he do something about it?
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by cyril83(m): 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
Billyonaire: The poster can redeploy to other states, there are ways of going about it. I was posted to Gombe State 10yrs ago, and I deploy to Lagos....there is a process to follow. GEJ doesnt need to take gun and go to Yobe to shoot BH, he has directed JTF to handle that. So, may be he should deploy the entire battalion to go decimate the entire state.
I don't get your message well,did you mean you redeployed or u deployed to lagos frm abj withou goin to orientation camp...besides you wouldn't have suggested such advise,that was 10yrs ago,if my calculation is right u mean 2002,there was nothing like BH that time...@op I so much believe billyonaire is only kiddin,just don't play with your life,Nysc can wait

Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by otokx(m): 4:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
Those states that record violence up north should be blacklisted by NYSC and its operations closed there to send a clear message to the state governors; don't know why its so hard for this to be implemented.
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2012
freecocoa: Having served you should know that you must go to the state where you were posted,stay in camp for 3 full weeks before anything can be done,NO? What if an attack happens before the process you are talking about is completed?

Now the issue is why should they even post people there in the first place?it is GEJ's headache whether you believe it or not,he has the power to scrap postings to the north,of course due process must be followed but bottom line is,he has the power,why won't he do something about it?
I have posted your complain on his facebook page, I am sure he will do something about it within the week, lets watch the News.
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by cyril83(m): 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2012
Billyonaire: Yes, or get exemption certificate. There is also an option to defer to another year.
says who is a must to do nysc stuff?...to me its voluntary not in any way mandatory
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 03, 2012
cyril83: says who is a must to do nysc stuff?...to me its voluntary not in any way mandatory
Hearing this for the first time. Fill me in.
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by kennytidistar(m): 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2012
Guy go do orientation 3 weeks after that if dem no give you relocation letter guy i advice you follow your leg talk ooooooooo.
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by asidere(m): 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2012
I am tired of this country,the president earlier this year declared state of emergency in some areas in the north,why is NYSC still posting corpers to the north.abi they won carry dead body.MI said j town is a wild wide west,listen to lyrics of that song,that is what is happening in the north.my friend once said that the north is a no go area.new corpers posted to the north should protest let the world hear ur voices or you won keep quiet and die in silence.think about that
Re: If GEJ Couldnt Go To Yobe, Neither Will I - Corper by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2012
kennytidistar: Guy go do orientation 3 weeks after that if dem no give you relocation letter guy i advice you follow your leg talk ooooooooo.
Its best thing to do, cos the camp is always flooded with Soldiers who are training the Corp members. Boko Haram no fit near the camp.

Kano A'16! Join The Moving Train And Be Abreast. / After NYSC, What Next? / NYSC Member Celebrates Mum Who Sponsored Him To University Working As A Farmer

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50