Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,103 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard (43211 Views)

How To Remove Write Protection From Computer/flash Drive / What Is Adware.win32.hotbar.cc And Adware.win32.180 Solution / Converting .cdr Files To .jpeg Format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard by legalwealth(m): 11:08pm On Jul 03, 2012
Only God knows how happy Nairalanders that are experiencing this or might have experienced this will feel seeing this Tutorial now.If your Important Files and Documents were attacked by any WIN32 Malware which turns all your Files into a Shortcut or application and render them completely useless but Today,I' ve decided to release this Tutorial on how to WIN32 on your Storage device (You might not know how important this Article is until you're in a WIN32 Mess).
Whenever you Notice that all the Files on your Storage Device (External Hard-disk, Flash Drive or Memory Card) changed into a Shortcut and you try to Open it but its not Opening, Just bear in Mind that you have been Infected by the WIN32 Malware..

HOW TO SOLVE THE WIN32 MALWARE ON YOUR STORAGE DEVICE

1. Plug the Affected Device (Hard Disk, Flash
Drive or Memory Card) through the USB Port.
Do not Open your My Computer and note down the Alphabet of the Device you plugged. e.g Some Device might Display G, D, E etc just note it down.

2.To show you more reason of reading this post to the end,you will believe me at the end or if you've ever experienced this before that this occurrence you see whenever you
insert your removable drives like flash
drives,memory cards and so on into a PC
infested with this type of virus is very
disgusting and frustrating and there are 4
ways by which you can correct this of which 2 are temporary solutions while
the remaining 2 are permanent solution
but i will be dropping 2 of these here and
they are spelt out below and just ask any
question on this and it will replied asap.

1.When you open your removable media and see your file folder turned to folder
named followed by shortcut and you'll
see it size being 1kb and all you just need
to do is to right click and select rename
and while the folder is highlighted,(do
not select anything) other than ctrl c and carefully move your cursor to the upper
pane and you'll see ?:// where ?
represent a,b,c,d,e etc depending on the
letter attached to your removable
drive.press ctrl v while the pane has been
highlighted and just hit enter key and you will see your real embedded folders
and files popping up and just try and
make a copy to your desktop and do
likewise to other folders and you've
retrieved your file and just make sure
you scan the extracted folders and files with an updated antivirus.

2.Assuming you have the back-files of
your removable drive,the right option
you go for is to format your drive and be
carefull not to open your drive when the
autoplay pops up and rather click my computer,right click and select format &
tick/mark full format.

N.B:If you are going for the option of
formating your drive,do not open your
drive in your computer or else,the
formating process will not succeed except on another PC.

1 Like

Re: How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard by miracle4(m): 1:04pm On Jul 04, 2012
you don't really need to do that. you can just use the folder option to unhide all files 'cos they are only hidden then explore window and delete all the 1kb short cut then copy the contents of those hidden folders to a new one. hope this helps
Re: How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard by raida: 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2013
I'm having an dis same problem if my system,pls what's d way out,av tried d options above to no avail. Thanks. I also av an updated norton antivirus which I paid for yet,I ts not detecting any viruses

1 Like

Re: How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
Re: How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard by lookingfly: 10:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
mine is any device that i use that turns into shortcuts,i dont think its the drive anymore but my pc though the files on my pc are working well.but anytime i send any file from my pc to a drive it also changes them to shortcut.pls help urgently
Re: How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 11, 2015
mission impossible
Re: How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard by febbymi: 1:20am On Mar 12, 2015
lookingfly:
mine is any device that i use that turns into shortcuts,i dont think its the drive anymore but my pc though the files on my pc are working well.but anytime i send any file from my pc to a drive it also changes them to shortcut.pls help urgently
Smadav's the answer, works like a charm.
Re: How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard by lookingfly: 2:48pm On Mar 12, 2015
febbymi:

Smadav's the answer, works like a charm.
do u mean smadav antivirus?
Re: How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard by febbymi: 3:10pm On Mar 17, 2015
Yep
Re: How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard by chudeTV: 9:24am On Mar 20, 2015
watch a simple video tutorial on how to solve files and folders showing as shortcuts
http://chudetv.com/Fix-Windows-Files-And-Folders-Showing-As-Shortcuts_v1019
Re: How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard by adewasco2k(m): 8:55am On Oct 15, 2015
To remove the win32 virus and to show the files that are hidden just follow this steps and you are done in few minutes.

How to remove shortcut virus that hides files and folders
Re: How To Remove The Win32 Virus That Turns Files To Shortcut On Ur Hdd,flash,mcard by Sanitaq: 11:48am On Apr 25, 2018
Please I need the permanent method to remove the virus

(1) (Reply)

21 Amazing Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Google / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) / Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.