Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,367 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget (11473 Views)

PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals / Panama Papers Expos; Iceland's Prime Minister Resigns. / BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by sylve11: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2012
Prime minister, You earn my respect! cool

1 Like

Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by Reference(m): 4:19pm On Jul 04, 2012
2buff:

Sorry sir didn't get you.
Grammar check?

What I'm trying to point out in response to an earlier post citing the mass upheaval against the fuel price increase is that past leaders with no immunity now are out there in the open even attending functions (seminars, lectures, fundraisers, investmets, etc) organised by or attended by high ranking officials of law enforcement and the judiciary.
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by damilola15: 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
This would means millions of people (politicians, civil servants, police, military and so on) would have to resign.
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by Reference(m): 4:29pm On Jul 04, 2012
damilola15: This would means millions of people (politicians, civil servants, police, military and so on) would have to resign.

In other words its a game of numbers. And perhaps those who do wrong are in the majority and have infiltrated the system so badly a common stomach bug has turned to sepsis. Another angle.
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 04, 2012
it takes superb INTEGRITY and High DESCIPLINE to do such a thing
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by addey(m): 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2012
In our country our Gov. budgeted N200billion for subsidy and end up paying trillion still counting
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by adedayo07: 4:45pm On Jul 04, 2012
This can never hapen in any of the African nation. Our leaders are heartless and not god fearing.
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by VolvoS60(m): 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2012
2buff: It starts with the removal of the immunity clause in the Nigerian constitution of those in power.
Your very constitution was founded on the values of corruption and unaccountability.
Unless the whole nation rises against it like they rose against fuel subsidy removal your plight will continue.

Sitting and wishing to be like X and Y is not going to help you.
You have been sitting and wishing for several decades now and no change has happened.
Continue and you will quickly find another decade has met you again, and another, and another yet in the same sorry state.

White man will not come and change your constitution for you.
Your leaders will not one day "use mind" to change your constitution for you because it is in their favor and supports their looting ways.
No. This is something the people need to really give a damn about.

The events of January 2012 showed you people THE POWER that comes when a whole nation rises up against evil rulers.
Because a stone sits at the top of a mountain, it should not think it is more important than the stones that form the base of it, lest they remind it on whom it stands on.
It was only through a nationwide strike, grinding to a halt the economy of the country, were the rulers moved to listen to the people and AT LEAST reach an acceptable compromise.
Without further shows of strength by the people, I tell you, your situation will not change in a hundred centuries.....unless Christ comes.

Tell them!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2012
This can never happen in a black man's country...
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by Lakayana: 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2012
Billyonaire: haba! There is something else she is hiding from coming to light thats why she is resigning over $10.1 to keep controversy going. I might be wrong, dont quote me.
You are a typical Nigerian so i will forgive your mindset.
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by Curiouscity(m): 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2012
Most of us response as if the gov't is a different set of persons from me, U, our Dads/mum, uncles, aunties, brothers n sisters.
90% of us Nigerians have the tendency to get rich quick given any opportunity. We find every avenue to cut corners and evade due process. Go to any office where most of us work, U'll see "man know man", line shunting, greed, etc.
Our leaders portray the general and larger sickness in Nigeria.
Even in some families, Husbands and wives are not transparent to themselves.
We need attitudinal change!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by Curiouscity(m): 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2012
Lakayana: You are a typical Nigerian so i will forgive your mindset.

Don't mind the guy. He's the type who doesn't consider pilfering as a sin/crime.
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by Aifey(m): 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2012
mr_man: The a Nigerian official does this, i will dance nakid in jankara market.
even me oooo. Can farook hear this!!!
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by vanstanzy(m): 6:01pm On Jul 04, 2012
Guyz pls dont compare these civilized lawmakers with our african LAWBREAKERS. We very well know what our very own CROOKS' in politics, FAR-CROOK inclusive would do and how they'll always get away with it. Besides isn't that being too stringent? I mean its just a $16 overspending. Look@me a typical Nigerian speaking grin grin
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by ebamma(m): 6:03pm On Jul 04, 2012
which of our politicians go resign because of that kind pocket money,when even our pastors the use papa God name the rob us.
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by vanstanzy(m): 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
Curious_city: Most of us response as if the gov't is a different set of persons from me, U, our Dads/mum, uncles, aunties, brothers n sisters.
90% of us Nigerians have the tendency to get rich quick given any opportunity. We find every avenue to cut corners and evade due process. Go to any office where most of us work, U'll see "man know man", line shunting, greed, etc.
Our leaders portray the general and larger sickness in Nigeria.
Even in some families, Husbands and wives are not transparent to themselves.
We need attitudinal change!!

We need attitudinal change, GBAM! And guess what? Curious_city will spear-head it. Those for say YEAH, and those against say NAY. The YEAHS' have it. BAM!!! grin grin grin
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by Curiouscity(m): 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2012
vanstanzy:

We need attitudinal change, GBAM! And guess what? Curious_city will spear-head it. Those for say YEAH, and those against say NAY. The YEAHS' have it. BAM!!! grin grin grin

I know U are being sarcastic grin grin
Even if I spear-head, will u follow? I'm doing my share in my own little way. We all need to do something to change the mad rush to get rich over-night. But I tell ya, it is not easy.U will be called names!! But it pays to have a clear conscience!!
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by vanstanzy(m): 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
Curious_city:

I know U are being sarcastic grin grin
Even if I spear-head, will u follow? I'm doing my share in my own little way. We all need to do something to change the mad rush to get rich over-night. But I tell ya, it is not easy.U will be called names!! But it pays to have a clear conscience!!

Sorry dude for sounding sarcastic. Am not laughing at u, but laughing with u. wink wink
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by lanruz: 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2012
Whao shocked. Actually tot it was $16M o wen I first glanced thru it. Had to confirm like 2ce to knw its actually $16. Canada- d great white north..I hail thee
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by CyberG: 7:41pm On Jul 04, 2012
Goatluck Jonathan "DOES NOT GIVE A DAMN" even if himself and his accursed fellow looters ruin and bankrupt the country! cool cool
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by Theblessed(f): 8:04pm On Jul 04, 2012
[size=16pt]An impeccable integrity!!

But how many Nigerian Ministers can emulate this clear demonstration of honesty and transparency, name them? cool cool

Zooch!!!
[/size]
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by chucky234(m): 8:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
Everyone in this government has to go,nobody should spared including GEJ,Deziani,NOI and Lawan Farouk. Too much stealing is killing our country,they have over stayed their welcome.
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by NosaHenry(m): 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2012
The report stated extravagant spending and not necessarily because of the glass of orange juice alone.
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by mbhs139(m): 11:21pm On Jul 04, 2012
Sometimes in 1993 or there about, the famous novelist, Jeofree Archer, and a member of the British House of Lords, was jailed for three years for lying.

The fact of the matter is that he failed to return part of his travelling estacodes having slept free of charge in his friend's hotel. The prosecution argued that he was suppose to return the money back to goverment purse since he didn't spend it for the purpose it was meant for.

Read your meaning to that.
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by mbhs139(m): 11:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
Nosa-Henry:
The report stated extravagant spending and not necessarily because of the glass of orange juice alone.

what are you saying in essence, that her action is not worthy of being emulated? Would you please elaborate further on what you mean? Thanks
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by canadaik(m): 5:01am On Jul 05, 2012
mr.phenomenal:

I couldn't agree more.. Canada is a place where you can go to work and leave your doors unlocked without fear of burglary.. hence the mentality of accountability.

Yeah you are correct, my family literally never lock our doors anymore, we only locked when we first came LOL, its good to live without fear of armed robbers!
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by larek14: 7:52am On Jul 05, 2012
this can never happen in any african country. its like corruption and indignity is coded into our genes. Look at any black nation across the world and tell me which has made any progress; infact its like we are made up of everything thats retrogressive in nature.
South africa that is supposed to be the hope of africa started making a reverse turn the moment power changed hands into our dear brothers' hands.
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by Demdem(m): 9:23am On Jul 05, 2012
my own preseident, the retardeen will come on live tv to tell me "he doesnt give a damn". the difference is clear.
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by coolted(m): 10:27am On Jul 05, 2012
Dat woman na yeye. Make she come naija, we go teach am how to loot n convince EFCC, SS even DMI wey c am with their video say na doctor dem doctor am.
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by misterseed(m): 10:50am On Jul 05, 2012
We can now see the meaning of patriotism and morality in public service.How will that nation not remain stable and prosperous. Will it ever happen in Naija.
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by undet: 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2012
Billyonaire: haba! There is something else she is hiding from coming to light thats why she is resigning over $10.1 to keep controversy going. I might be wrong, dont quote me.
Oga she has nothing to hide.In a white man's world when a public officer is charged for squandering tax payers money, or a public servant or private, involve fraudulent practice... It is ethical for the accused to resign. E.g Barclays CEO that resigned somedays ago. I just quoted you. grin
Re: Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget by asemota2012: 3:41pm On Jul 05, 2012
16 dollars is less than 2000 naira,and she resign her position for the to set an example for others.Naija leaders don't know shame,98% of them have a motive as they goes in to office their primary motive is
to take their share of the nations wealth to enrich themselves and build mansions at hoome and abroad as if they are going to live forever.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Evidence Continues To Emerge MH17 Is A False Flag Operation / Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines / Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.