Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

For Transmission Gurus: What Would Cause The Code P0717 For A Nissan Pathfinder - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / For Transmission Gurus: What Would Cause The Code P0717 For A Nissan Pathfinder (21252 Views)

Help!transmission Gurus In The House / Help! Auto Transmission Gurus, Pls What Is P0705 / Own A Nissan Pathfinder/xterra 05-11? Look Here Or Risk Transmission Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Transmission Gurus: What Would Cause The Code P0717 For A Nissan Pathfinder by ekoboy: 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2012
Auto Transmission gurus in the house i need your help on this. My Pathfinder is showing P0717 code. What could be the possible cause and what is the possible solution. This has affected the Transmission as the car wouldn't enter some gears. Need a little professional insight in this so i would know when my mechanic is going astray.
Re: For Transmission Gurus: What Would Cause The Code P0717 For A Nissan Pathfinder by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 05, 2012
You're most likely going to need a new trans. It's a sensor that goes in the TCM but cost prohibitive. Not sure if you folks have used transmission out there.
Re: For Transmission Gurus: What Would Cause The Code P0717 For A Nissan Pathfinder by nissparts(m): 9:26am On Jul 05, 2012
What year is your pathfinder?
You may not need a replacement.
Re: For Transmission Gurus: What Would Cause The Code P0717 For A Nissan Pathfinder by nissparts(m): 9:34am On Jul 05, 2012
If it's between 1998 and 2004, you do not need a new transmission.
Tell me, does your transmission leak transmission fluid?
The sensor you need to change is on top of your transmission BUT your transmission needs to come out of the vehicle to change it. Thats the hard part.
Re: For Transmission Gurus: What Would Cause The Code P0717 For A Nissan Pathfinder by nissparts(m): 9:40am On Jul 05, 2012
See pic of the turbine speed sensor you need to replace

Re: For Transmission Gurus: What Would Cause The Code P0717 For A Nissan Pathfinder by ekoboy: 10:04am On Jul 05, 2012
Na true sef. Nissparts is still available. You did my break a while ago. Its a 2007 Pathfinder and the transmission fluid is not leaking. When you say its difficult changing the sensor what do you mean. Is it not a task your mechanics can undergo?
Re: For Transmission Gurus: What Would Cause The Code P0717 For A Nissan Pathfinder by nissparts(m): 10:19am On Jul 05, 2012
Ah, Oga, na you?
Okay then.
In the older models the gear has to come out to replace the sensor making it a difficult process.
I've never experienced having to repair the newer model with this code so I'll need to check if the sensor is placed in the same location.
Re: For Transmission Gurus: What Would Cause The Code P0717 For A Nissan Pathfinder by shagaman: 10:56am On Jul 05, 2012
please help me which transmission fluid can i use for a nissan 2001 model
Re: For Transmission Gurus: What Would Cause The Code P0717 For A Nissan Pathfinder by nissparts(m): 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2012
You can use any DEXRON III ATF
Re: For Transmission Gurus: What Would Cause The Code P0717 For A Nissan Pathfinder by ekoboy: 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
Nissparts, how far? What have you found out? Can we do something this weekend?
Re: For Transmission Gurus: What Would Cause The Code P0717 For A Nissan Pathfinder by nissparts(m): 8:38am On Jul 11, 2012
Hey bro,

Give me a call.
I think we can check it out Saturday morning

(1) (Reply)

5 Real Reasons Car Importation Through Land Border Was Banned / World’s First Child Car Seat With Built-in Airbags Goes On Sale Worldwide / 3 Reasons You Haven’t Been Seeing Tesla Cars On Nigerian Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.