Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? (14556 Views)

Why People Hate Maths And Its Related Courses. (photo) / Want To Study Computer Science But Hate Maths. / Nigerian Students Generally Study The Wrong Majors At Undergrad Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by aruzuoke(m): 7:25am On Jul 05, 2012
I don't know whether I'm alone in this field of thought but I have found it difficult to love mathmatics no matter how hard I try. I equally have the same negative perception towards my maths teachers.
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by oemmanuel: 8:10am On Jul 05, 2012
That is the main reason why there is annual mass failure record , especially in nigeria. But, honestly, maths is not as scary as people put it. I love maths.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by stagger: 9:36am On Jul 05, 2012
Maths is such an easy subject. It is all about understanding the basic principles. I love my dad anyday. Thanks to him for making me a Maths guru.
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by tunnytox(m): 9:38am On Jul 05, 2012
I FCKING HATE MATHS!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by ashson: 9:39am On Jul 05, 2012
No big deal in maths, just have passion 4 it...
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by nobleayo: 9:39am On Jul 05, 2012
maths is hardwork.people are naturally lazy.they do not want to task themselves
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by ebamma(m): 9:39am On Jul 05, 2012
the hate maths because maths is a name of a person,animal,place or thing.
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 05, 2012
I never hated Mathematics. Though i found some aspects like Geometry very interesting, there were some other areas i had issues with. However the ones i enjoyed was just a piece of cake.
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by greall1: 9:41am On Jul 05, 2012
Math its kind of suject have to build with personal intrest from grass root of education
Before understand it.
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 05, 2012
The main reason is this: Mathematics requires a lot of thinking and logic...Most people from this part of the world are lazy mentally...That is why we have quack Engineers and Computer Programmers all over the place. You have to be ready to task yourself mentally for you to be great friends with mathematics...Mathematics is life bro. Everything you see around you is mathematical...From the words you speak per minute to your heartbeat rate, to the replication rate of bacterial, human, fungal cells, to the number of your steps per minute, to the flow of the day, the amount of revolutions of the earth per year...LIFE IS MATHEMATICS; MATHEMATICS IS LIFE....Believe it or not: Mathematicians are the most intelligent set of humans...QUOTE ME ANYWHERE

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by akereconfi: 9:41am On Jul 05, 2012
Find X
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by chrishenzo: 9:41am On Jul 05, 2012
Maybe people don't like thinking too much. Sometimes something has to make you like a subject.
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 05, 2012
Love maths, simple, logical and to the point. Bad teachers can make you think you hate maths though

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by greall1: 9:42am On Jul 05, 2012
Guy you need medical check up lol

ebamma: the hate maths because maths is a name of a person,animal,place or thing.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by OPEYEMIAD(m): 9:43am On Jul 05, 2012
Maths is one of d sweetest subject, is just understanding u dnt need to memorise anything.....d more u put intrest on it d more hapier u are
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 05, 2012
Because it involves the use of brains...people hate to use brains, they prefer to use emotions, Love ..jealousy, hate....greed...
25th time this question would be getting to the front page... SmH
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Murphy7h4: 9:47am On Jul 05, 2012
Bro,i tell u,maths is d simplest cos once yu knw d principles/formulas,u r good to go no matter how hard dey twist d question
tunnytox: I FCKING HATE MATHS!!!!
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Soocool1(m): 9:48am On Jul 05, 2012
sometimes i wonder, why can't maths just get a calculator and solve it's own problems!
But i love mathematics nontheless(i'm a science student anyway so i have no choice but 2 luv it)
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by pato405(m): 9:49am On Jul 05, 2012
whatever hasn't got some calculation in it, will sedate me in no time grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. just wonder how people read literature, history, etc those big texts without simple arithemetic. hehehee..such text will work faster than valium for me. undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by yorke1: 9:50am On Jul 05, 2012
STALE THREAD
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by stepo707: 9:51am On Jul 05, 2012
tunnytox: I FCKING HATE MATHS!!!!
Question is why? you wanna share with us?
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Codedrock(m): 9:52am On Jul 05, 2012
I hate and dont know Mathematics before, coz i dont develope interest in it. But now i tink i m performing beta dan b4 coz i now develope interest in it!
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 05, 2012
Another reason why people hate Maths is the Teachers employed to teach the subject. I can remember how right from primary school up to secondary school alot of the maths teachers that I cam across were usually mean to their students if they fail to grasp the principles. They have in a way discouraged alot of people from truly loving maths as a subject.
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by sarutobie(m): 9:55am On Jul 05, 2012
My best subject is biological sciences..the human and animal anatomy amazes me to no end!..
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by LesbianBoy(m): 9:55am On Jul 05, 2012
OP, the teachers are to blame! Maths is one of the easiest subject!
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Afam4eva(m): 9:56am On Jul 05, 2012
People normally hate anything that incolves too much calculations and are not straight forward. But what some people don't realise if that maths is straight forward once you know the formulae for a particular equation. Just make sure you take maths seriously in nursery, primary and junior secondary school and you'll love mathematics.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Jonwesley(m): 9:56am On Jul 05, 2012
But i was able to study it up to graduate level, even though only four of us graduated without re sitting a paper then. Love and passion is all that is needed to do well in any thing.
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 05, 2012
[b][/b]Maths is just like any other subjects in the school, belief me if any body is performing well in any course the curiousity and the seal of the person matters. If we all hv a seal dt maths phobia has to be a thing of past is definately going to be so. But it is a thing of sham dt may science student in Nigeria still found to hv not idea about basic rudiment of maths. So take it from me maths is the bedrock of all technological advancement!
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by Murphy7h4: 9:59am On Jul 05, 2012
Thanks a lot[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? by nipeks001(m): 10:00am On Jul 05, 2012
Question: Paul has 100 chocolates,he ate 80.now,what does he have?
Answer: DIABETES

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Unilag Any Better Than Covenant University? / What To Know About "ADMISSION List"in Nigerian Universities / Hostel Named After Firdausi Amasa At Islamic Leadership Academy, Kuje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.