Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Should I Continue Acca Or Going For A Business - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Continue Acca Or Going For A Business (993 Views)

Acca or Ican / Acca Or Ican Which Should I Go For? Pls Advice / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I Continue Acca Or Going For A Business by teetee2(f): 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
I have been working in an organisation for over ten years (though started as a Secretary with low qualification) and for these years i have tried by God grace to develop myself by having MBA(Finance). With all these, my organisation still based my promotion with my foundation that makes my movement to be very low. To enhance my Bsc in Accounting, i enroll for ACCA with expemption from 4 papers. I did it once and failed that made me relaxed. Now im 44, do i continue or think of going for business. I need serious advice . thanks
Re: Should I Continue Acca Or Going For A Business by phyl123: 1:23pm On Jul 05, 2012
Dear OP

The decision is entirely yours, if you think that at the end of your ACCA qualifications, it will enhance your job promotion, then please go ahead but if that is the only reason you want to have the qualification, you will need to go back to the drawing board. Also depending on how quick you are in passing your modules ACCA takes about 2 to three years and cost a lot of money, but if you are not being successful at your fist attempt it might take longer. ACCA is not the easiest of exams, you will need to give up your social life. The question you should ask yourself, is that at the end of all this pain what do you stand to gain?

I also noticed ( i am assuming you are based in Nigeria) The Nigeria job market is very discriminatory when it comes to Age.

If you have enough capital and you have researched your business idea, then maybe that is your best option as you do not have to make money for others and you will be your own boss.

I hope this helps, at the end of the day you are the only one who can make the right decision for yourself.
Re: Should I Continue Acca Or Going For A Business by teetee2(f): 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2012
thx, i do appreciate

(1) (Reply)

Gtb's Story. / 5 Ways To Stand Out When You're Competing With Really Qualified Candidates / Start A Business With As Low As 36,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.