₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,191,642 members, 4,778,859 topics. Date: Sunday, 24 February 2019 at 12:24 AM

Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria (9298 Views)

NFL Pre-season Game 2015 HDQ Online Coverage Here / Epl 2013/2014 Pre-season Fixtures And Schedule / Arsenal To Play Pre-season Friendly In Abuja On August 5th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by henry247(m): 11:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
Where are d GEJ's critics¿Sebi naim cause am?mtceeeeew
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by foyeks2001(f): 12:07am On Jul 06, 2012
who cares...ass-nal my foot....mtchewwww

Oppsss forgot myboy is an ass-nal fan
anyways always blue
blue noni....all da way
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 06, 2012
asidere: This postponement shows that Nigeria is sick.arsenal coming to Nigeria would have been a plus for our economy when you think of how sport affects a country's economy.

Econo gini? Don't put horse before carriage. The economy isn't the biggest issue Nigerians are facing.
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by Sike(m): 12:26am On Jul 06, 2012
scopusng: Chei see wetin Boko haram don do to us now.
*sighs*
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by fankasibe: 12:43am On Jul 06, 2012
My question might look funny but seriously why can't we use spiritual means(juju or black powers) to distroy boko haram.....abeg no abuse me, i only want the best for my country.
If Arsenal eventually do not come to Nigeria....yepaaa!!! i will go on spiritual war with boko haram.
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by daviesmania(m): 1:15am On Jul 06, 2012
SimonAndal: I honestly woulda been very disappointed were they to have come. It would've meant the club manager hasn't got the best interests of his players at heart. 'Cause their hotel could've collapsed, or an aeroplane could've smashed into it, or it coulda gotten blown up, or their plane coulda crashed. Or they coulda been kidnapped, or contacted malaria, or typhoid, or cholera. Or their papers coulda been misplaced by airport officials.
It's really best they didn't come, 'cause Nigeria can't handle the backlash.
'final destination' i suppose!
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by daviesmania(m): 1:19am On Jul 06, 2012
Their fanbase in Nigeria has dwindled a great deal, they shld go learn how to win trophies. 4uck arsenal!
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by peruso: 2:24am On Jul 06, 2012
Reference: I hope this is not the first step in our isolation. Sports is always the first cue. It means Nigeria maybe ineligible to bid for hosting serious sporting activities.

sad but true
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by peruso: 2:46am On Jul 06, 2012
SENTIMENTS APART, WHY WOULD ANY RIGHT THINKING COUNTRY/ PERSON/CLUB/ASSOCIATION/ANYTHING, ALLOW ITS MEMBERS OR CITIZENS TO BE IN A PLACE WHERE THE SECURITY IS NOT CERTAIN? WELL TRUTH BE SAID SOME COUNTRIES VALUE ITS CITIZENS MORE THAN SOME. CUZ IF THEY COME AND ANYTHING HAPPEN TO THEN ALL THEY WILL HEAR IS`,><

WE ARE ONTOP OF THE SITUATION.......................... OR
WE ARE DEFEATING THEM,.........................................OR
WE HAVE SET UP A COMMITTEE..................................OR
WE WILL DIALOGUE/WE WILL NOT DIALOGUE..............OR

BLA ......BLA...............BLA........BLA......BLA BLABLABLA
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by badaru1(m): 4:17am On Jul 06, 2012
The main reason why the tour was cancelled was not boko haram but the corruption at the ministry of sport. Sometime in January we were told that the pitch was in bad state,ministry officials were contacted to give estimate of the cost of regrassing,they gave N75m. The organisers of the tour now contacted arsenal. Fc for assistance,the club now say they can regrass the stadium for N20m,but the ministry refused the give the organisers go ahead to commence work. Then recently the ministry started work on the stadium,when journalists asked the stadium manager whether work will be completed before the arrival of arsenal,he said he is not sure. Even the minister was quoted as saying that they will not rush work because of arsenal. We knew about the visit more than a year ago,why the rush to work on the stadium now? Also i feel the ministry officials were angry because they were not given the N75m to repair the stadium.
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by Frankiedu(m): 6:01am On Jul 06, 2012
undecidedwhen first saw it on twitter,was shocked although not in 9ja now.really wanted to watch dem play Nigeria as boasted to people of how they,ie;Arsenal feels 9ja.Well i guessi've jinxed it... crywhen first saw it on twitter,was shocked although not in 9ja now.really wanted to watch dem play Nigeria as boasted to people of how they,ie;Arsenal feels 9ja.Well i guessi've jinxed it...Maybe next time.
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 06, 2012
Useless club i knew they were going to cancel it all along
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 06, 2012
I prefer its cancelled than to play it in Abuja, what were they thinking, when PH and calabar is there
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 06, 2012
"Gunners" dey fear Gun? grin
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by bingbagbo(m): 8:21am On Jul 06, 2012
na wenger head i target grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by wonderz(m): 8:55am On Jul 06, 2012
This is not about BH. The board-room is in disarray. Do you expect the team to come to Naija with RVP? There are issues to be sorted out more important than staging a match missing key players.
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by tessyade: 9:17am On Jul 06, 2012
Its a good news to me. I 've been uncomfortable with the news of their coming before now. The bad state of the pitch and the high level of insecurity is enough to keep them away.
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by lafuria1(m): 9:40am On Jul 06, 2012
i was relief they wont b comin b4 bokoharam give us our final disgrace and un go announce drone action. Thank God my b.p wont b high on august 5th.
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by UKBobo(m): 10:04am On Jul 06, 2012
The worsening security situation in Nigeria has peturbed the AFC management for the past 6 months. Your president's use of double-speak, such as 'We have the situation under control' while bombs go off around him is akin to Comical Ali

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9aW1atFLMM in Iraq during the Gulf war 2.

In terms of security, Nigeria is now a basket case, on the level of North Waziristan, East Timor etc...
I think Nigeria should outsource security to the Chinese government or allow the Brits back in. Ask your Mama or Papa...it was not like this when we were in control.
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by souleymon(m): 10:52am On Jul 06, 2012
CANCELLED
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by iskonne(m): 11:35am On Jul 06, 2012
Why is this guy beating around the bush? Main reason is BOKO HARAM!!!
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by chucky234(m): 1:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
Wise decision,those gunners would have goners.
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by caye(m): 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2012
Now, the whole world views Nigeria as on par with failed states like Iraq and avoid us like plagues... So all the globe trotting in order to attract foreign investors is a waste. *pity...*
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by mart2k(m): 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2012
Kay-Dee:

[size=13pt]
Security issues I suppose. undecided undecided

I don't blame them, I wldnt have gone to watch if I was closeby anyway.
[/size]
not only security issues,mosquito issues join too
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by nero2all: 1:02am On Jul 07, 2012
u seee na mak i lyk chelsea,dem no dey fear anytyn ooooo. Even Boko haram self na chelsea fanz....hahaha after arsenal go say dem b gunners wen e no get gun, so even dos wen carry gun stil dey fearu seee na mak i lyk chelsea,dem no dey fear anytyn ooooo. Even Boko haram self na chelsea fanz....hahaha after arsenal go say dem b gunners wen e no get gun, so even dos wen carry gun stil dey fearu seee na mak i lyk chelsea,dem no dey fear anytyn ooooo. Even Boko haram self na chelsea fanz....hahaha after arsenal go say dem b gunners wen e no get gun, so even dos wen carry gun stil dey fear
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by yungjuve(m): 11:09am On Jul 07, 2012
Guk: Still cant figure out why Abuja was chosen but even though Teslim Balogun stadium is small, it will be filled to capacity if Arsenal were to play there for 7 days continously
teslim uses synthetic pitch no team likes 2 play on synthetic pitches because of d injury risks
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by yungjuve(m): 11:12am On Jul 07, 2012
I saw dis coming, d 2 cities dat could have hosted d tour had problems, first abuja boko haram wahala den lagos synthetic pitch wahala. God help naija
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by yungjuve(m): 11:14am On Jul 07, 2012
nero2all: u seee na mak i lyk chelsea,dem no dey fear anytyn ooooo. Even Boko haram self na chelsea fanz....hahaha after arsenal go say dem b gunners wen e no get gun, so even dos wen carry gun stil dey fearu seee na mak i lyk chelsea,dem no dey fear anytyn ooooo. Even Boko haram self na chelsea fanz....hahaha after arsenal go say dem b gunners wen e no get gun, so even dos wen carry gun stil dey fearu seee na mak i lyk chelsea,dem no dey fear anytyn ooooo. Even Boko haram self na chelsea fanz....hahaha after arsenal go say dem b gunners wen e no get gun, so even dos wen carry gun stil dey fear
out of point
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by ksmartdope(m): 1:11pm On Jul 07, 2012
God's Mercy:
Too bad to postpone after much has been said. Why? Why? Why? They shouldn't make us loss faith in the club o.
u beta loose d faith cos dey won't come
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by ksmartdope(m): 1:14pm On Jul 07, 2012
daviesmania: 'final destination' i suppose!
ℓ‎​L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L̳̿. True ooo
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by ksmartdope(m): 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2012
[quote author=daviesmania]Their fanbase in Nigeria has dwindled a great deal, they shld go learn how to who trophies. 4uck arsenal! [/quotefuck ur mummy]
Re: Arsenal Postpone Pre-season Game In Nigeria by ksmartdope(m): 1:21pm On Jul 07, 2012
peruso: SENTIMENTS APART, WHY WOULD ANY RIGHT THINKING COUNTRY/ PERSON/CLUB/ASSOCIATION/ANYTHING, ALLOW ITS MEMBERS OR CITIZENS TO BE IN A PLACE WHERE THE SECURITY IS NOT CERTAIN? WELL TRUTH BE SAID SOME COUNTRIES VALUE ITS CITIZENS MORE THAN SOME. CUZ IF THEY COME AND ANYTHING HAPPEN TO THEN ALL THEY WILL HEAR IS`,><

WE ARE ONTOP OF THE SITUATION.......................... OR
WE ARE DEFEATING THEM,.........................................OR
WE HAVE SET UP A COMMITTEE..................................OR
WE WILL DIALOGUE/WE WILL NOT DIALOGUE..............OR

BLA ......BLA...............BLA........BLA......BLA BLABLABLA
you make sense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uk Pool Week 26 Live Draws / Siasia: We Won’t Return To Nigeria Without Bronze / Emenike Denies Taking Rituals To End Goal drought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.