Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes (165444 Views)

Food For Thought Inspirational Quotes ... / Inspirational And Famous Quotes To Inspire You / Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 4:13am On Sep 07, 2012
Ruth went to her mail box and there was only one letter.
She picked it up and looked at it before opening, but then she looked at the envelope again.
There was no stamp, no postmark, only her name and address. She read the letter:

Dear Ruth:
I`m going to be in your neighborhood Saturday afternoon and I'd like to stop by for a visit.
Love Always,
Jesus

Her hands were shaking as she placed the letter on the table.
"Why would the Lord want to visit me? I'm nobody special. I don't have anything to offer.
" With that thought, Ruth remembered her empty kitchen cabinets.
"Oh my goodness, I really don't have anything to offer. I'll have to run down to the store and buy something for dinner."
She reached for her purse and counted out its contents. Five dollars and forty cents.
Well, I can get some bread and cold cuts, at least." She threw on her coat and hurried out the door.
A loaf of French bread, a half-pound of sliced turkey, and a carton of milk leave Ruth with grand total twelve cents to last her until Monday.
Nonetheless, she felt good as she headed home, her meager offerings tucked under her arm. "Hey lady, can you help us, lady?"
Ruth had been so absorbed in her dinner plans; she hadn't even noticed two figures huddled in the alleyway.
A man and a woman, both of them dressed in little more than rags.

"Look lady, I ain't got a job, ya know, and my wife and I have been living out here on the street, and, well, now it's getting cold
and we're getting kinda hungry and, well, if you could help us. Lady, we'd really appreciate it."
Ruth looked at them both. They were dirty, they smelled bad and frankly, she was certain that they could get some kind of work if they really wanted to.
"Sir, I'd like to help you, but I'm a poor woman myself.
All I have is a few cold cuts and some bread and I’m having an important guest for dinner tonight and I was planning on serving that to Him."
"Yeah, well, okay lady, I understand. Thanks anyway.” The man put his arm around the woman's shoulders, turned and headed back into the alley.

As she watched them leave, Ruth felt a familiar twinge in her heart.

"Sir, wait!" The couple stopped and turned as she ran down the alley after them.
"Look, why don't you take this food. I'll figure out something else to serve my guest." She handed the man her grocery bag.

"Thank you lady. Thank you very much!" "Yes, thank you!" It was the man's wife, and Ruth could see now that she was shivering.

"You know, I've got another coat at home. Here, why don't you take this one?"
Ruth unbuttoned her jacket and slipped it over the woman's shoulders. Then smiling, she turned and walked back to the street.

Without her coat and with nothing to serve her guest.
"Thank you lady! Thank you very much!" Ruth was chilled by the time she reached her front door, and worried too.
The Lord was coming to visit and she didn't have anything to offer Him. She fumbled through her purse for the door key.
But as she did, she noticed another envelope in her mail box.
"That's odd. The mailman doesn't usually come twice in one day."

Dear Ruth:
It was so good to see you again. Thank you for the lovely meal. And thank you, too, for the beautiful coat.
Love Always,
Jesus

The air was still cold, but even without her coat, Ruth no longer noticed.

If you love Jesus, you should be ready to help at all time.

God bless you!
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 10:45am On Sep 08, 2012
Say 'No!'

Just say a simple...no. James 5:12

When you don't learn to say no, you end up disliking yourself, as well as the people you are trying to please. In some cases we have difficulty saying it because we're afraid people won't like us. In other cases we believe that to be 'a good Christian' we must always say yes. Jesus said, 'Let...your no be [a simple] no, so that you may not sin' (v. 12 AMP).

Only when you have the courage to say no will you mature, be able to address your own unmet needs, and start respecting yourself. And in time, others will too. So do these three things:

1) Think before you respond. If you need to, say, 'Can I get back to you?' Don't make commitments without consulting God, your calendar, and your family. 'If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and He will give it to you...' (James 1:5 NLT).

2) When your plate's full, say so. Responding to so-called emergencies caused by somebody else's poor planning and sloppy habits won't do either of you any good. Limit what you say yes to, then stick with it. Don't take on more because you feel pressured, guilty or indispensable. You'll discover that you're only indispensable until you say no-or die!

3) Go with your gifts. God has given each of us unique talents. If you've to choose between singing in the choir or sitting on the finance committee, go where your talents will be best utilized. Is this always easy? No, but unless you learn to do it you'll end up investing too much time and energy in what seems urgent, and neglect what's important.

http://www.ucb.co.uk/index.cfm?itemid=88&testdate=07%20Sep%202012
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 11:40am On Sep 08, 2012
TODAY'S THEME IS- BRAINcheesy

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 4:50am On Sep 09, 2012
THE MANY FACETS OF GREED:

A close relative of covetousness greed is quite possibly the parent of more evil than any other sin.
Greed cheats, robs, murders, and slanders in order to achieve it's desires.
Wouldn't you agree that all of these are severe challenges for any relationship or marriage?

The Bible teaches that greed is idolatry, because it places things at the center of our lives instead
of God. For instance, we can be so bent on making money, we don't have time for God and spiritual disciplines.
It is not a sin to be rich, but if our riches have choked out our spiritual life, then being rich has become a sin.
Furthermore the love of money corrodes the human heart, spoiling our happiness and setting us in conflict with one another.
The Bible says that "the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil" ~ 1 Timothy 6:10

As long as the prodigal son sang the song of "Give me", his lot was misery, want, loneliness, and famine.
But when he changed his song to "Forgive me," he found himself in a state of fellowship, comfort, and plenty.
What song are we singing in our relationships, marriages and lives?
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 5:01am On Sep 09, 2012
TODAY'S THEME IS- RELIGION PART 1smiley smiley smiley

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by kariolality: 7:36pm On Sep 14, 2012
Criticism is equivalent to the fuel that makes a vehicle move,if the fuel dry off,well the vehicle has to stop thus making a journey to be delayed.Criticism makes you to achieve your goal faster.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 5:56am On Sep 20, 2012
TODAY'S THEME IS- BRAVERY cheesy

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 6:05am On Sep 20, 2012
cheesy

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 6:08am On Sep 20, 2012
kariolality: Criticism is equivalent to the fuel that makes a vehicle move,if the fuel dry off,well the vehicle has to stop thus making a journey to be delayed.Criticism makes you to achieve your goal faster.

love it!
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 1:11am On Oct 09, 2012
Beware of what you call yourself

No matter the circumstances in which you find yourself, never call yourself what God did not call you.
What you call yourself places limit on you, not what others call you.
Whatever others call you is their opinion, what you call yourself is your actual position.
Defend your position rather than battling with opinion of men.
God could not advance Jeremiah as long as He address Himself as a child.
God had to change His perception by giving Him a vision.
Address yourself in line with God’s divine plan for your life.
Plan for your life; address yourself in line with vision.
Vision enlivens
Vision enhances level
Vision raised Jeremiah from a child to a leader. Jer 1:1, 12

Have a glorious week!
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Jamesmelbin(m): 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2012
Nice
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 1:09am On Oct 10, 2012
Jamesmelbin: Nice

Won't you share a quote? cheesy
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 12:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
HOW TO SEE THE FUTURE

Planning is keeping in touch with the future.
Planning is painting a picture of the future

Planning is envisioning the future.
…Those who plan good shall be granted mercy and quietness. Proverbs 14:22
Planning is networking the future.
Planning will certainly connect you to your future.
Keep planning if you want to see the future.
There is usually a motivation to see the materialization of every plan.
With planning, you don’t think of death.
Planning motivates you to live. Those who truly plan don’t think of dying.
The cheapest way to stop thinking of death is to keep planning.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
How to Pray for Your Children

I will pour out my...blessing on your children. Isaiah 44:3

You must pray, claiming God's promises over your children. Are such prayers effective? Yes.
God says, '...I am ready to perform My word' (Jeremiah 1:12 NKJV). We serve a promise-making, promise-keeping God!
'So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it' (Isaiah 55:11 NKJV).

So pray for your children each day and stand on these promises: '...I will pour My Spirit on your descendants, and My blessing on your offspring' (Isaiah 44:3 NKJV).
'And this is my covenant with them, says the Lord. My Spirit will not leave them, and neither will these words I have given you.
They will be on your lips and on the lips of your children and your children's children forever. I, the Lord, have spoken!'' (Isaiah 59:21 NLT).
'Now this is what the Lord says: Do not weep any longer, for I will reward you, says the Lord. Your children will come back to you from the distant land of the enemy.

There is hope for your future, says the Lord. Your children will come again to their own land'' (Jeremiah 31:16-17 NLT).
'...the posterity of the righteous will be delivered' (Proverbs 11:21 NKJV).
'...Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in his commands.
His children will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed' (Psalm 112:1-2 NIV). ...'Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household' (Acts 16:31 NKJV).
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 3:39am On Nov 08, 2012
The true test of the American ideal is whether we’re able to recognize our failings and then rise together to meet the challenges of our time.
Whether we allow ourselves to be shaped by events and history, or whether we act to shape them.
Whether chance of birth or circumstance decides life’s big winners and losers,
or whether we build a community where, at the very least, everyone has a chance to work hard, get ahead, and reach their dreams.
Congrats President Barak Obama —

...today, we are all Americans!
Nigerians yearn for a political system that will see us having free and fair elections!
That will produce leaders who will have as their priorities; education, health, infrastructures
and those other things that the developed world have come to take for granted!
I look forward to when we will get there, with tears in my eyes cos the future looks bleak....

Come 2015, we want a president who can talk to us intelligently and convincingly
about his policies by going on a public debate not a president based on ethnic, zonal or religious sentiments ,
who will demand for " expo" first, bamboozle us with an emotionally laden " I had no shoes" speech
or go kneel before a popular man of God. It should be about who will make positive changes.
So as you all have shown so much enthusiasm following the US elections , many even lost sleep,
so should you also follow our elections come 2015 because it's about us and any decisions we take then will directly affect us, so be geared up.
Congrats to Obama on his re-election once again.

Who God has chosen no man can oppose. Congrats to President Obama! God bless America.

If USA was Nigeria, today's headlines will read:
Don't celebrate yet, Romney tells Obama (TELL magazine)
· Concede defeat, Obama urges Romney (Punch newspaper)
· 20 opposition cadres riot (The Sun newspaper)
· Romney Demands Vote Recount (Vanguard newspaper)
· Elections rigged (Guardian newspaper)
· No evidence of manipulation (NTA news)
· The Church declares elections free and fair (News Line)
· There will be violence if we lose; Romney declares (LTV 8 news)
· Election results for Arizona awaited (Channels news)
· Trucks with suspected ballot papers crosses into USA from Mexico (Tribune newspaper)
· Romney is an opportunist - Go back to your farm (AIT news)
· I will not accept results, Romney tells Obama (STV news)
· McCain heads to Election Petition Tribunal (MITV)
· White Majority rejects results (PM News)
· Kenyan Big Boy Senator Obama Throws Lavish Party to celebrate Election Victory (City People)
· Free for all fight at Obama rally in Grant Park (Channels TV)
· Northern elders, Arewa and Sultan rejects results (ThisDay)
· Republicans and Democrats supporters clash in Ketu and Ajangbadi, 14 dead, Romney threatens more heads will roll
· The people behind Obama's victory: True story uncovered... Newswatch
· Ope baje fun Romney, ijoba te siwaju lowo arakunrin dudu Obama, gidi gidi ba oyinbo....Alaroye Newspaper

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 12:47pm On Dec 05, 2012
Someone Special Wrote this:

Understanding your gifts and your God-given purpose frees you from the need to measure yourself by the runner in the next lane, or someone playing a different position on the team.
When you understand this, your sense of inadequacy will be healed and you'll be able to enjoy and complement others.
You'll also be able to help liberate your children from sibling rivalry and show them that success is not about being like somebody else, but about being the best you can be, and all God made you to be.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by LongOne1(m): 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2012
That sorrow which is the harbinger of joy is preferable to the joy which is followed by sorrow - Saadi.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 12:55pm On Dec 06, 2012
Long One: That sorrow which is the harbinger of joy is preferable to the joy which is followed by sorrow. -Saadi.

Nice!
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by LongOne1(m): 1:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
^^^ thanks!
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 6:43am On Dec 15, 2012
Long One: ^^^ thanks!

OMG...I was meant to wish you happy birthday. I totally forgot!
Happy Birthday in arrears
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2013
Found this somewhere. Don't know how relevant it is but I couldn't resist the lady.
She looks cute, clean and fresh!

Besides the beauty I see, you might learn something from the quote wink

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 1:59am On Jan 07, 2013
Now look what I found again.
A very dumb post from a man.
This post is conflicting with the first one.
What do some men take women for?

‎10 WAYS TO MAKE A GIRL HAPPY

1) Give her money.
2) give her money again
3) You should give her money.
4) Pls give her Money.
5) I said Give her Money
6) Again, Give Her MONEY
7) Continue giving her money
cool Repeatedly give her Money
9) GIVE HER MONEY! Are you a learner Nii??
10) give ha money oooooooooooo, Abi u no dey hear? U must be a Learner!!!

Do women like money? Do they? Do we?
Something worth pondering on! Probably, we are giving the wrong signals to men.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by CrazyMan(m): 6:02am On Jan 07, 2013
Cuddlemii: Now look what I found again.
A very dumb post from a man.
This post is conflicting with the first one.
What do some men take women for?

‎10 WAYS TO MAKE A GIRL HAPPY

1) Give her money.
2) give her money again
3) You should give her money.
4) Pls give her Money.
5) I said Give her Money
6) Again, Give Her MONEY
7) Continue giving her money
cool Repeatedly give her Money
9) GIVE HER MONEY! Are you a learner Nii??
10) give ha money oooooooooooo, Abi u no dey hear? U must be a Learner!!!

Do women like money? Do they? Do we?
Something worth pondering on! Probably, we are giving the wrong signals to men.
Haba...funny though
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 8:01am On Jan 07, 2013
CrazyMan:
Haba...funny though

No one leaves here free of charge.

Drop a quote or two.

C'mon! You Know you want to!
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by CrazyMan(m): 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
Cuddlemii: No one leaves here free of charge.

Drop a quote or two.

C'mon! You Know you want to!
My signature should be a fair price...right? smiley
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 2:29am On Jan 15, 2013
CrazyMan:
My signature should be a fair price...right? smiley

In that case, zoom it for all to see
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 2:40am On Jan 15, 2013
Please, don't mix this up with the "follow" feature on Nairaland. They are totally different! Enjoy!

MIND WHO YOU FOLLOW

Who you follow determines what follows you.

The company you keep determines the accomplishment you make.

How far you follow determines how far you will go and how well you see.

How well in touch you are determines quality of what you touch

Have a fantastic week!
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 5:37am On Jan 15, 2013
I stumbled upon this. Read it, you might like it

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 9:52pm On Jan 16, 2013
CULLED FROM A FRIEND'S WALL.......COULDN'T HELP BUT SHARE!

HE PROPOSED.... AND SHE GAVE HIM A STINGING SLAP!!!
THE SEARCH FOR A LIFE PARTNER!
ROTFLMAO!

(At a table in a candle-lit restaurant overlooking the blue ocean, a man and woman sit gazing longingly into each others' eyes.)

Man: (Taking her hand) Baby, I love you, and each time I look into your eyes I see forever and a day, hold my hand honey,
let’s walk this road together, be my wife, the mother of my kids. Baby, would you please marry me?

Woman: (stands up and lands a stinging slap on his face) I knew it!

Man: Babe! you just slapped me?

Woman: I just knew it!

Man: You knew what?

Woman: So it was you?

Man: Me? what did I do?

Woman: (Pacing back and forth, pointing at him) So it was you all along?

Man: Babe, you are scaring me!

Woman: Ha! and pastor said it!

Man: Pastor said what?

Woman: Yes, pastor saw it! Even I (beating her chest) saw it in my dreams! So it was you?

Man: Babe! are you alright?

Woman: Keep quiet and let me talk.

I have waited more than two decades, I have prayed, fasted, sowed seeds, bought books and listened to tapes,
even went out of my way to be nice to every male specie of marriageable age!

Every Saturday was a different mall, I went from the galleria to city mall, from the Palms to E-center,
looking for you! I left my "chick-lit-flicks” for sci-fi movies that I didn’t even understand,
just so I could learn how to enjoy the things you love.

I took up new hobbies, watching football and play station.
I went to Daystar, from Daystar, I went to House on the Rock, from House on the rock I went to This Present House,
from there I went to Guiding Light Assembly, looking every where for you like I was looking for a needle in a haystack!

(Turning around suddenly to face him)

Are you a needle? Did I have to buy a microscope or telescope to see you?
I lost weight, went from a size 14 to a size 10, so that when you see me you’d love what you see.
I took a short course at Lagos business school, worked for all the Multi-nationals.
I even opted to be seconded to Australia, I said to myself, "maybe he is white.” I came back empty handed!
Then I left Lagos, went to Abuja, from Abuja I went to Port-Harcourt, then I went all the way to Kano, abi?
I didn’t even mind if you were “malo!” I joined hi-five, from hi-five to faceboook,then I went to twitter,
I even had a blog on which I ranted, hoping you would show up! for where?

I uploaded only my best pictures on Facebook, in fact I took photo sessions to look my best, all for you o!
My friends ended up match making me with every Tom, Dick and Harry, at first I didn’t like it, but as I grew older,
I embraced it! I attended all the weddings, whether the invitation was direct or indirect!
You know what they say about meeting your life partner at weddings?
The next place I was hoping to check was the moon, before you crawled out, crawled out from the house directly next to mine!

So it was you all this while?
The neighbour I said hello to every morning?
Were you trying to destroy my faith?
You almost rendered my prayer life useless?
What were you doing HIBERNATING in that house all this while?
What were you waiting for?
What sign where you looking for?
Do you want to kill me before you reveal yourself?!!!

(Man is speechless and confused, almost in tears)

(She then turns and sits with a mischievous smile on her face. Lowering her voice, she said softly).
I have waited almost three decades for you, and all along you were next door.
I have loved you in advance and missed you even more.

(She holds out her hand) and says, with a seductive smile:

Now be a gentleman, get down on your knees and put that rock on my finger!!!
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 10:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
I am feeling quite generous today, I might as well dish out one more.
This should serve as a reality check.

If you are SINGLE and keep on saying "I DON'T TRUST MEN OR WOMEN!"
remember... your mates are getting married every Saturday.
Let me ask you, are they marrying spirits? Wise up!

If you are MARRIED and keep saying "I HATE THIS MARRIAGE!"
OK! Are there not married people celebrating Gold, Silver and even Platinum jubilee?

If you keep on ranting, "I'M LEAVING MY MAN, HE CHEATED ON ME!"
Please, go to town and see all the fine, cute, hot, hungry and desperate chicks waiting to snatch your man's money and property,
they don't even mind sharing. Make it work, my dear!

Stop saying "I HATE MY JOB!"
Look! 20million people are without job and can't even find any not to talk of keeping it!
Do you want to join them?

You keep saying "I HATE WHERE I LIVE!"
Oh please! *tears* Try visiting those locations that are flooded now,
people leaving in tin/zinc shacks in winter or people living/ sleeping under the bridge at night and you will be grateful to God that you even have a place to stay!

Some say "I AM TIRED OF THIS LIFE!"
Well, go to the hospital and see people fighting for their lives!
Go to the mortuary and take a look then tell me what you feel after that!

My point is, be positive and believe in God, that's all that matters.
AS FAR AS THERE IS LIFE, THERE IS HOPE. JUST KEEP TRUSTING IN GOD, EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT...GOD'S GRACE IS SUFFICIENT!

Be proactive and optimistic as you set into the next week, See you at the TOP!!!
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 4:08am On Jan 17, 2013
Good Stuff!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] / unHOLY MATRIMONY / Unplanned Love (imaginary Love Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.