Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? (11767 Views)

How Did You Spend Your Today Sunday [my Pics For Today Outing] / What Did You Spend Your Weekend Doing? / How Did You Spend Your Weekend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by Dancingapple: 11:17pm On Jul 06, 2012
Grew up in onkie yaba lagos!menh life wuz fun...black nd white tv,babadudu,goodygoody.rem my close friends kofo,shade,marvellous,musa,oreofe,bimbo,amaka.nw amaka has a baby.hw time flies!
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by alienware(m): 11:20pm On Jul 06, 2012
prinxard: outer space! Thats where i spent my childhood. I remember this one time we were sent down here(earth) to abduct some humans for experiments..we ended up turnin them to alienz..never believed i cuda been a human sumday! Bt thnx to the 'higgs boson' am gona go bk to outer space soon!
"higgs boson" u saw dat guy on BBC three days back and he was talking about a particle they refered to as the God particle in berne, switzerland. What is that God particle all abt ?
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by Ribaman(m): 11:21pm On Jul 06, 2012
Several Army barracks in Nigeria.
I no mean the officers' side of things, I am talking about the proper and real barracks smiley
The best time of my life, made friends from the four corners of Nigeria. grin cheesy
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by Jbgurl: 11:22pm On Jul 06, 2012
GREW UP IN IBADAN.REMEMBER WAKING UP ON SATURDAY MORNING TO WATCH CADBURY BREAKFAST TELLY.AND ON MY WAY TO SCHOOL I LISTEN TO BOURNVITA SPORT NEWS IN DADS CAR...I REMEMBER THAT MY MUM WAS SOO POSH SHE WOULDNT WANT ME TO WEAR JUST MY PANT AND PLAY OUTSIDE WITH OTHER KIDS.I WAS SOO NAUGHTY I SNEAKED OUT TO PLAY WIT THESE KIDS AND MUM WAS ALWAYS SUPRISED WHEN KIDS ON D STREET AND THEIR PARENTS GREET HER.I MADE HER POPULAR.WHEN MY PARENTS WENT OUT I OPENED OUR WINDOWS 4KIDS TO WATCH FOOTBAL AND INDIAN FILM

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by Hezzymania(m): 12:14am On Jul 07, 2012
I spent mine at isolo,went to auntie kay kindergatEn....live @ agedegudu

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by serenegroup(m): 12:19am On Jul 07, 2012
olumidazz: Victoria island, adetokunbo ademola to be precise was a beauty to behold in the late 70's and early 80's when 1004 was the place to be, with a warm feeling of nostalgia this period still remains the best times of my life.
lived in 1OO4 victoria island lagos also cresent E it was loads of fun. i always think about those days also
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by ebixy(m): 12:43am On Jul 07, 2012
Grew up in Yelwa, Bauchi state though am from cross river state. Had my nursery, primary and secondary education within the walls of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Uni. Then National Diploma @ Fed poly Bauchi...now working on my degree @ university of uyo
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by Nobody: 1:20am On Jul 07, 2012
I grew up in Ungwan Yelwa, Kaduna State. Shamaki Street. I remember my childhood there with a deep sense of nostalgia.

But had to leave because of all their violence. 12 years on and I still dream about the house that my dad built but had to sell and leave.

I wonder how the whole of Kaduna looks nowadays. That is my true home because I grew up there, I will always remember.
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by Nobody: 1:22am On Jul 07, 2012
i grew up in ajegunle apapa lagos,alayabiagba street, skul at awodio-ora senior sec, most gentle of all in class,bt wen it comes to school fight...i no dey carry last.
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by omega25red(m): 2:01am On Jul 07, 2012
festac town lagos
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by SuyaEater(m): 2:02am On Jul 07, 2012
mushin, lagos grin grin grin grin grin grin

papa ajao to be exact

went to eko boys high school
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by mastersr95(m): 2:37am On Jul 07, 2012
I grew up on d street of Lagos Island(isale eko)...i remember how some men in my area started sending me to buy cannabis(igbo) for them at the age of 9..i remember how smart i was when i was in primary (Saint Patricks Catholic Primary School) i got a double promotion from primary5 to JSS1 (didnt go through primary6) my life changed dramatically when i got into secondary school (isale eko grammar school) dad wasnt around no more and mum had to work to support me and my brothers. then street got into my head,i started skipping classes and started gambling, i was the best snooker player in my area at the age of 11..i remember how some old men used to bet there money on me whenever am playing snooker lol

Despite how bad and unserious i was during my secondary school dayz i got serious a lil bit in ss3 and i was able to pass my Waec,i wrote jamb the following year and passed but Unilag didnt give me admission despite having 289 in Jamb in 2006 and i got 51 in post jamb aswel but they did ''OJORO'' for me coz i dont know anyone.

I remember whenever am broke,i use to go to a shop where they sell recharge cards in my area and memorize one voucher numbers before they staple the paper together (in the space of 5seconds i use to memorize 12-16 digits number) and sell it at a cheaper rate to Broda Michael that has a call centre in my street, i remember the day i was caught i was beaten like a thief and had a POP on my right arm. about a month after that time i remember i stabbed the person that beat me the most that day with a broken bottle at midnight.

i started doing Yahoo Yahoo at the of 19 i started counting hundreds of thousand naira i bought my first car at the age of 20 (honda bulldog) The money made me forget about school totally all i was thinking then was travelling out of Naija.Eventually i got a uk visa and now am a full time yahoo boy on the street of london. dont judge me pls ''i guess am just the product of my environmet''

Now its funny how people think am one ''Ajebo'' coz i got a very cute face and i speak queens english lol

5 Likes

Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by Nobody: 2:39am On Jul 07, 2012
abeokuta, ogun state
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by oliidell(m): 6:36am On Jul 07, 2012
Me, I was born in Ile-Ife, Old Oyo State. School was at Seventh Day Adventist Nursery & Primary, Lagere. I remember the Assembly ground, Marching to classes, Short break, Long break. I remember my 50 kobo pocket money, Okin biscuit, Short cake, Gogo, Kokoro, Lebute, Eyin alangba.
I remember coming late to school and being flogged at the gate by Mr. Akande. I remember my friends; Bidemi Falade, Dele Ilori, Kunle Alabi. We caught grasshoppers, did back flips, played Police and Thief, Dip, Football, Boju boju...I remember songs like; 'Oh my home, oh my home, when shall I see my home'; Labe igi orombo, ibe lati nsere wa; Ise agbe nise ile wa...
If you don't kno these songs, then u probably schooled the ajebota way or u didn't grow up in Western Nigeria. I remember watching the coloured bars on NTA, waiting to hear the National Anthem. I remember Sesame Street, Super Ted, Voltron, Danger Mouse e.t.c...I remember all these wit nostalgia..way back wen Naija was fun.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by bigboy4(m): 7:03am On Jul 07, 2012
I miss d days when we went to
school,lined up & D
headmistress&
teachers inspect our nails &
uniform & den we march to our
classrooms8-|
• D days of Computer Socks:p! U
Remember na??
• D days of Nasco
Biscuit,Trebor, sisi pelepe, ekono
gowon,baba dudu,Okin
Round&Okin Four Corner. X_X
Iced
Colored water tied in nylon we
called it "condense"cheesy
• D days of Goody-Goody&pak o
Biscuit. X_X
• D days of sakobi the snake
girl,Nneka the pretty serpent, ali
&
simbi,Mr Salami & Mrs Salami,
Agbo
lives in Calabar & in yoruba class
obe oba be obo oba;wink
• Chei i remember those days
when one naira coin na
money>:Owhen groundnut was
kobo. & choco milo sweet was 25
kobo>:O
• days of messing game,who is
in
d garden, police and thief,\=D/
• D days of mummy & daddy
play♥♥:*
• days when we use to build
houses with sand, play suwe
game,tinco tinco,mr
marcaroni,chang e Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊я
style,pion
pion pion (gun sound), ten ten,
skipping, stop! U remember nau
({}) :$
:/•those days wen we used to
fly
kite on streets, wen boys used to
use d paint bucket cover as tire &
their daddy's hanger as d
steering=D
•those days when rubber band
was stock exchange:/
•days when votron, jumbo,
power
rangers, spider man was our
favourite cartoonscry cry
• D days of limca soft drinks &
choco milo advert on black and
white tv Nd̶̲̥̅̊ sunday rendevous
by1:30pm 3-|
• when we say 'leke leke give me
white finger' #:-s
• Those days when eleganza pen
was d best:x
• D days wen we used to drink
water from d tap even suck out
d
water if it not comingsad
• D days when:s NTA will show
rainbow color for 30 mins then
national anthem before they
resume program(=| .4pm l• D
days
were basket sandals,simbi nd
kitto
sandals was d best;winkDays wen
we
all sing sandalili sandalili songs
dstv has come no more old fun:>
I'm really proud to have
experienced all this. If u r nt
smiling it means u were nt born
in
my generation.
Great memories 2 cherish 4ever.
Now I'm a big boi. Lol

10 Likes

Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 07, 2012
Offa, Kwara state

Very fun. Walked bare-footed, playing football at 'fidi pako' or 'inu koto' (names of our local football fields), trekking 3km from home to school, buying lolly and kunu on way home from school(later paid for school bus), playing 'ideri oti'(bottle corks), going to stream to fish(always catching the bigger fish, very skilful - still longing to repeat this now! Fishing), going to stream to catch frog, killing lizards in the neighbourhood, chasing and killing tata(grasshoppers), our 1979 black and white giant TV always misbehaving anytime motorcycle was passing in front of our house, watching arelu, olowo aiye and other Yoruba TV series every weekend, and acting them with other children in neighbourhood, picking every piece of newspapers on my way and reading(I have been addicted to newspapers all my life - today, I have a room full of newspapers), listening to Yoruba news on radio Kwara, gardening(local one o), planting tomato and pepper in the neighbourhood, going to neighbouring bushes to pluck mango and cashew. These were early memories, during primary school, some of them dropped when one entered secondary and became a little more exposed. Looking back, I also wondered how I was doing well in primary school, coming 1-4, despite not taking my books home from my lockers in school, not to talk of reading them.

4 Likes

Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by shilling(f): 8:01am On Jul 07, 2012
Small world. Grew up in Yelwa/Gwalameji/Old GRA. Also went to ATBU till I was 16 before moving. I'm from Rivers State btw.

ebixy: Grew up in Yelwa, Bauchi state though am from cross river state. Had my nursery, primary and secondary education within the walls of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Uni. Then National Diploma @ Fed poly Bauchi...now working on my degree @ university of uyo
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by igboboy1(m): 8:04am On Jul 07, 2012
Jakpa-Warri, Delt State.

I remember the days of Demonstration Secondary School when Boys from Dom dom mingos dey invade our school with cutlass, dagger, etc even principal plus teacher dey tear race (me? i give them ben johnson, na me dey front)

I remember days at DSC Technical High School at ovwain aladja...I enjoyed Delta steel company (DSC) townships men, the place was begining to crack. Nigeria we sabi mismanage things sha. I remember when Jass was the in thing in warri be like say if you no get am u be heavy hew man( be like say na all this UNiben cultist just invade dsc dey run things)//Who remember Emu Bakery along the way to DSC?

I remember seeing my first dead body just laying on the streets during the warri crisis of the 90's. Thats when I begin dey respect ijaw boys men, dem do strong thing to itekiri no be small o. Even military go tie red cloth for AK 47, but Ijaw go enter water 2 seconds later you go see the guy emerge at the other end, Men jass dey pass jass.. AREA I HAIL O

Na me go be the next governor of Delta state.. Watch out for this Oshimil boy
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by shilling(f): 8:07am On Jul 07, 2012
Very interesting. Funny but serious question: what does being a fulltime yahoo boy on the streets of London entail? I'm really curious, don't judge me cos I'm clueless.

mastersr95: I grew up on d street of Lagos Island(isale eko)...i remember how some men in my area started sending me to buy cannabis(igbo) for them at the age of 9..i remember how smart i was when i was in primary (Saint Patricks Catholic Primary School) i got a double promotion from primary5 to JSS1 (didnt go through primary6) my life changed dramatically when i got into secondary school (isale eko grammar school) dad wasnt around no more and mum had to work to support me and my brothers. then street got into my head,i started skipping classes and started gambling, i was the best snooker player in my area at the age of 11..i remember how some old men used to bet there money on me whenever am playing snooker lol

Despite how bad and unserious i was during my secondary school dayz i got serious a lil bit in ss3 and i was able to pass my Waec,i wrote jamb the following year and passed but Unilag didnt give me admission despite having 289 in Jamb in 2006 and i got 51 in post jamb aswel but they did ''OJORO'' for me coz i dont know anyone.

I remember whenever am broke,i use to go to a shop where they sell recharge cards in my area and memorize one voucher numbers before they staple the paper together (in the space of 5seconds i use to memorize 12-16 digits number) and sell it at a cheaper rate to Broda Michael that has a call centre in my street, i remember the day i was caught i was beaten like a thief and had a POP on my right arm. about a month after that time i remember i stabbed the person that beat me the most that day with a broken bottle at midnight.

i started doing Yahoo Yahoo at the of 19 i started counting hundreds of thousand naira i bought my first car at the age of 20 (honda bulldog) The money made me forget about school totally all i was thinking then was travelling out of Naija.Eventually i got a uk visa and now am a full time yahoo boy on the street of london. dont judge me pls ''i guess am just the product of my environmet''

Now its funny how people think am one ''Ajebo'' coz i got a very cute face and i speak queens english lol
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by tuoyoojo(m): 8:10am On Jul 07, 2012
I grew up the d suburbs of warri in the typical face me I face u..I remember we had 14 families and just 2 toilets and bathroom in d compound...I remember how we hunted for lizards(the winner of the hunt was d person we cud kill a red neck agama)I remember playin mummy and daddy,flyin kites,swimmin in dirty pond...then in d early 90's warri was peaceful...I remember how on xmas day I cud eat rice from other families who brought rice to us...of course I wud spend the night in d toilet...I remember my aje butter sch twin fountain schs...na for der I take learn how to speak oyibo...I remember wearin superman pants and runnin under d rain...I remember watch black n white with lucuzode wrapper being used to cover the screen...I remember peepin thru d window and watchin a married man screwin one of his girlfriends in his store...those were my childhood memories

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by ringi82(m): 8:31am On Jul 07, 2012
i spent my childood in festac town. this was in the early eighties. growin up in festac was so so much fun then! so much drama. not forgeting school 1 & school 2 for area! na govt primary schools.
i also spent some years at airforce primary school v.i. i remember going to school in d school bus called 'gongoro'! wit all those barracks kids. we go pack inside bus like sardines.. brings back some nostalgic feelings!

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by ajanaku2(m): 8:35am On Jul 07, 2012
Ikate, Surulere, Lagos!...Fun all through!
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by okpurukata(f): 9:00am On Jul 07, 2012
Grew up partly at Emene Enugu, remember going to Ekulu river every other day. Brownish river, but meeen we enjoyed swimming in it. You come out of the river looking dirty brown. Going for sugar cane hunts and being beaten when caught stealing sugar cane. School at central school Emene. Hard play at the school ground, miss my friends, Ukamaka, Sarah, Adaku, Chinasa etc.
Partly at the village i kissN Mbaise, school, back home to farm. Watch tales by moon light every Sunday evening. Watch rent a ghost, voltron, etc. my village is like a mini city, everyone is informed to a good level. The good old days.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by ebixy(m): 9:01am On Jul 07, 2012
shilling: Small world. Grew up in Yelwa/Gwalameji/Old GRA. Also went to ATBU till I was 16 before moving. I'm from Rivers State btw.

The earth is a global village indeed.
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by somama(f): 9:02am On Jul 07, 2012
spent my childhood in Orile Apapa LGA Lagos. It was quite razz but i had mad fun.Those days were fun days we would sneak out to go watch Nollywood movies in video houses and if my mama catch us eh, she go beat us tire 4 street. Good old days.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by 2busy: 9:40am On Jul 07, 2012
Calabar.....Edgerley road very close to Edgerley memorial girls school calabar
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by White007(m): 9:44am On Jul 07, 2012
My childhood was in Enugu and Lagos. In Enugu, i attended Apupa Barrack primary school, had lot's of good memories there. In lagos, 9 brigade primary school, Ikeja military Cantonment. After school, i couldn't wait to play Soccer (monkey post) with my mates. Those days were fun.
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by djosh4(m): 9:45am On Jul 07, 2012
Enugu kid here! I miss the days when life was simple...

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by chucky234(m): 10:02am On Jul 07, 2012
Had the best childhood ever,experienced the Silver and Bronze spoons.
Had my first taste of at Harley Street,Lagos Island then move to Ogume in Delta State where spent few years with my mother's parents,they were rich and I had everything I wanted.
Was registered at Ezedogume Modern Pry Sch,my mother's had a Toyota Crown then with which he toll me around.

From Ogume I moved to Obiaruku aslo in Delta state where I spent few years with grandma(my dad's mum) who was also loaded with cash,she gave me everything I wanted and was registered at Morka Pry Sch.

In 1989 I moved back to my Lagos where I truly belong,we were no longer on the Island but Iganmu was also fun to be,we later moved to Amukoko then to Aguda in Surulere where my dad still live till date.
We were always inside the house watching cartoons and eating cookies after school which is the way we were programmed to behave being Aje-butters but I wanted more,I wanted to be free. I used to spend my holidays in Festac with my aunt who was a big wig at Julius Berger or my aunt Robinson Close Apapa whose husband worked as a cook to Americans then,it was always a quiet and boring holidays for me with those Aje-butters everywhere.

While staying at Amukoko I made few friends at Ajegunle and automatically became Pako-Butter and that afforded me the best experience many Lagosians can only dream of,imagine being an Aje-butter and an Ajegunle boy at the same time.

My father had me registered at Government College in Surulere but the students there were too Aje-butterish for my liking and was bored all the time,I followed one of my friend Tolu Schools Complex where I registered myself at Unity Secondar School since they wore all white uniform like government college to trick my father. Tolu was situated between Apapa and Ajegunle and was the most feared area in Lagos state,robbers were always terrorizing the school complex and its environs,fight always boke out between schools ( we had fifteen secondary schools and one primary) inside the complex and many students lost their lives while fighting.
It was terrifying but fun to watch students matched out against a neighbour schools with broken bottles,matchets,knives and heavy planks(wood) like sledge hammers.
Spent six years in Unity Secondary School but my father believed I was attending government college until the day I came back with my WAEC statement of result bearing Unity Secondary Sch,Tolu-Apapa,the man schocked.

All in all growing up was fun as I experienced both side of life,at home as an Ajebo but outside as a mixed-breed or should I say thorough breed.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by Lordave: 10:50am On Jul 07, 2012
Where on earth could I've caught more fun dan in Aba?
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by Khams: 11:07am On Jul 07, 2012
I spent my childhood in Jos. Those were the days when jos was a mini paradise. Cool and very hospitable. We knew no religious difference and we celebrated together be it Sallah or Christmas were times of merriment. Alas, Jos of today has turned into something else. Now I cannot go to see my childhood friends simply bevause some people have made it impossible due to tribal and religious differences. I am really sad and wish Jos will return to its old name "Home of Peace" cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by bsteadfast: 11:11am On Jul 07, 2012
Orile o ni mo ti wa, Orile o ni mo ti wa .... ghetto where I belong

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Comet ISON Expected To Impact The Sun On 28 November 2013 / Meet Nigeria's Youngest And Brightest Creative Mind, Exporting Innovation To The / Man With A Gun At Scoan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.