Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,403 members, 7,800,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? (11764 Views)

How Did You Spend Your Today Sunday [my Pics For Today Outing] / What Did You Spend Your Weekend Doing? / How Did You Spend Your Weekend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by soma042(m): 11:14am On Jul 09, 2012
991: I grew up in the village with my grand mother(R.I.P), those days we were poor but the experience was educative, my school uniform was patch-patch, then we didnt use exercise book until primary 3, what we used was a small black board with rope. if i score 5/5 i will not clean the board so my grandma would see my scores but if i scored 0/5 i will clean it and tell grandma we did not write today when i come back from school i will join grandma in the farm, we eat our lunch in the farm
if i do well in exam i will go to holiday in the city
if i fell sick, grandma would go to someone to write a letter to my uncle in the city, the letter will take like 2weeks to get to the city
funny poor childhood experience though but i learned a lot from it. today, i still have a black & white picture of me and my grandma in my sitting room, my wife loves the picture and wishes she met the old woman alive.

mastersr95: I grew up on d street of Lagos Island(isale eko)...i remember how some men in my area started sending me to buy cannabis(igbo) for them at the age of 9..i remember how smart i was when i was in primary (Saint Patricks Catholic Primary School) i got a double promotion from primary5 to JSS1 (didnt go through primary6) my life changed dramatically when i got into secondary school (isale eko grammar school) dad wasnt around no more and mum had to work to support me and my brothers. then street got into my head,i started skipping classes and started gambling, i was the best snooker player in my area at the age of 11..i remember how some old men used to bet there money on me whenever am playing snooker lol

Despite how bad and unserious i was during my secondary school dayz i got serious a lil bit in ss3 and i was able to pass my Waec,i wrote jamb the following year and passed but Unilag didnt give me admission despite having 289 in Jamb in 2006 and i got 51 in post jamb aswel but they did ''OJORO'' for me coz i dont know anyone.

I remember whenever am broke,i use to go to a shop where they sell recharge cards in my area and memorize one voucher numbers before they staple the paper together (in the space of 5seconds i use to memorize 12-16 digits number) and sell it at a cheaper rate to Broda Michael that has a call centre in my street, i remember the day i was caught i was beaten like a thief and had a POP on my right arm. about a month after that time i remember i stabbed the person that beat me the most that day with a broken bottle at midnight.

i started doing Yahoo Yahoo at the of 19 i started counting hundreds of thousand naira i bought my first car at the age of 20 (honda bulldog) The money made me forget about school totally all i was thinking then was travelling out of Naija.Eventually i got a uk visa and now am a full time yahoo boy on the street of london. dont judge me pls ''i guess am just the product of my environmet''

Now its funny how people think am one ''Ajebo'' coz i got a very cute face and i speak queens english lol

these 2 post should be given the best. they are quit touching and look real . me i have my own and is pathetic, wen ever i ill try to share it i found myself crying.
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by temi4fash(m): 4:16pm On Jul 09, 2012
i rep agege mehn.. went to Rolam preparatory school, den to Airforce sec school ikeja.. it was fun n also all rugged mehn.. all dem sergeant jato flogging.. oga abdul n co mehn..
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by amiskurie(m): 9:49am On Aug 30, 2012
If u dnt knw where u are coming frm then surely u have no ideal of where u heading.
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by currency10(m): 12:23pm On Aug 30, 2012
igbo boy:

base on your grammatical syntax, you be confirmed Northerner no be lie...LOL..

Na you sabi, mr Nono is just a mistake & let me tel you only God that is perfect.
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by currency10(m): 11:35pm On Sep 01, 2012
amiskurie:

U had it like me...so on-point.
Those days was more intresting full of many fun than these days your memories are lik mine.
Re: Where Did You Spend Your Childhood? by cacali(f): 3:03am On Mar 15, 2015
Grew up in Eric Moore Towers, Surulere, Lagos. NEPA was almost steady and once there was power outage, the standby generator would come on. Loved watching Saturday & Sunday matinees. A loaf was bread was 30k (now N100). Loved walking to and fro to school with my friends (something I am afraid to allow my kids do now). 5pm to 6.45pm was playtime downstairs. "Ten-Ten" and "suwe" were my best games. Played mummy cooking with sand and grass, used tins of tomato were our cooking pots and we would taste the food on our chin. Loved watching "Sesame street" and "Voltron......defender of the universe" every week day. "Tales by moonlight" was a must on Sunday. My best videos were "Sound of music" and "The king & I". My best actress was Julie Andrews and best actor was Slyvester Stallone. In those days when a movie starts you will first ask "who is the actor?". And it was a shock if "the actor" ever died. My best music was "Ain't nobody". Micheal Jackson was still dark & then later burnt his hair and we loved dancing "Thriller". But my best musician was Billy Oceans. Meeeeen those were the days......beautiful memories.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Comet ISON Expected To Impact The Sun On 28 November 2013 / Meet Nigeria's Youngest And Brightest Creative Mind, Exporting Innovation To The / Keeping Children From Speaking Vernacular.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.