Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,178 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:16 AM

A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland (2465 Views)

Deadly Encounter Between Pro-biafra And JTF In Onitsha (graphic Photo) / Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan On A Refuse Dump! / Goodluck Jonathan On A Shopping Spree Abroad...photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by ypzilanti: 6:17pm On Jul 06, 2012
In summary, Pro GEJ argue that we shall soon begin reaping the benefits of GEJs government.

In summary, Anti GEJ say that from GEJs antecedents and projecting from what he has done or not done presently, he is going down as one of the worst prseidents ever.

All agree that presently things are not ok (putting it mildly).

Can we all then sign up a truce that if a year from now the following is not achieved the pro GEJs will move to the other side of the aisle?

1. Oil subsidy and pension scam people prosecuted successfully.

2. Good federal roads all over the country.

3. At least 80 percent improvement in power.

4. At least 10 percent improvement in employment.

5. At least 50 percent improvement in security.

6. At least 70 percent budget implementation.

7. Reversal of recurrent to capital expenditure ratio of 70 to 30 percent.

Where he achieves this basic level, can anti, GEJ move to the other side of the aisle?

I am the first to sign this truce. Here's hoping for a quiet nairaland by this time next year.

Thank you.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by ypzilanti: 6:18pm On Jul 06, 2012
ypzilanti: In summary, Pro GEJ argue that we shall soon begin reaping the benefits of GEJs government.

In summary, Anti GEJ say that from GEJs antecedents and projecting from what he has done or not done presently, he is going down as one of the worst prseidents ever.

Can we all then sign up a truce that if a year from now the following is not achieved the pro GEJs will move to the other side of the aisle?

Where he achieves this basic level, can anti, GEJ move to the other side of the aisle?

I am the first to sign this truce. Here's hoping for a quiet nairaland by this time next year.

Thank you.

Signed
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by aljharem(m): 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
ypzilanti: In summary, Pro GEJ argue that we shall soon begin reaping the benefits of GEJs government.

Thank you.

because of that singlular stu.pidity, pure water is 10 naira now in Lagos and 20 naira in other places angry angry angry angry stu.pid people
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by egift(m): 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2012

Thank you.

Signed

But don't hold your breath...a man that have been in Government Houses since 1999 (13yrs) without any POSITIVE landmark to his name.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by 2mch(m): 9:01pm On Jul 06, 2012

Thank you.

Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by VoodooDoll(m): 6:47am On Jul 07, 2012
If GEJ does even half of those things I will open bottles of Bollingers and Crystal for pro GEJ people, but I know that he wouldn't, and that the situation will even be worse with even more poverty, more dead, and more terrorism.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Mandelaguy(m): 8:12am On Jul 07, 2012
VoodooDoll: If GEJ does even half of those things I will open bottles of Bollingers and Crystal for pro GEJ people, but I know that he wouldn't, and that the situation will even be worse with even more poverty, more dead, and more terrorism.
You have failed!
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Murphy7h4: 8:31am On Jul 07, 2012
Many thanks
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 07, 2012
Signed. I won't hold my breath anyway.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Bella3(f): 9:22am On Jul 07, 2012
alj harem:

because of that singlular stu.pidity, pure water is 10 naira now in Lagos and 20 naira in other places angry angry angry angry stu.pid people
*shocked* 20 naira 4 where?
And just so u knw the pure water increase was from nafdac nt FG. The manufacturers were asked to buy some chemicals
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Louis88: 9:27am On Jul 07, 2012
VoodooDoll: If GEJ does even half of those things I will open bottles of Bollingers and Crystal for pro GEJ people, but I know that he wouldn't, and that the situation will even be worse with even more poverty, more dead, and more terrorism.
You are a prophet of doom,it won't work for you,your plan has failed.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by jmaine: 9:28am On Jul 07, 2012
Bélla3: *shocked* 20 naira 4 where?
And just so u knw the pure water increase was from nafdac nt FG. The manufacturers were asked to buy some chemicals

Mind explaining further cos am interested . .. . I still feel the increase in fuel prize jacked up the prize . . .The N20 prize range are for those zones, where sachet water were previously sold for N10 e.g the Eastern and South South axis
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by jmaine: 9:34am On Jul 07, 2012
The thread owner said Pro GEJ supportes will move to the other side of the aisle in 2013 . . .and i ask step aside to where and who gave you the authority your pretending to wield grin

We will be here till 2015, Just get used to the idea of not getting your much needed Anti GEJ cynic erect!on . . . .We are here to provide balance cool
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by ypzilanti: 9:46am On Jul 07, 2012
jmaine: The thread owner said Pro GEJ supportes will move to the other side of the aisle in 2013 . . .and i ask step aside to where and who gave you the authority your pretending to wield grin

We will be here till 2015, Just get used to the idea of not getting your much needed Anti GEJ cynic erect!on . . . .We are here to provide balance cool

Authority ke? Did anyone force you to comment? The post was done with humour in mind,(imagine nairaland posters all in agreement by this time next year) while also making a salient point.

So if it becomes obvious you are on a sinking ship, you will still support the captain for balance sake?

There are Pro Jonathan posters who truly believe in the man. The numbers are dwindling by the day though. Read 'Jonathan's diminishing presidency' july 4, in punch last week....it is written by a former supporter.

It is the genuine GEJ supporters and critics that this post is aimed at. Not the paid hacks. If dem pay you, take a puff and pass. We know you have a family to feed.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by jmaine: 10:02am On Jul 07, 2012
ypzilanti:

Authority ke? Did anyone force you to comment?

[/b]

Am entitled to comment on any thread, especially on silly threads like this. . . .

ypzilanti:

So if it becomes obvious you are on a sinking ship, you will still support the captain for balance sake?

What sinking ship, what insight do you have about nothing you know about . . .The Ship is setting sail to 2015 . . .and we don't need ediots running around unclad to spew junks on a daily basis . . .

Note : We shall be here till 2015 to create balance . . .You either live with it . .or stroll out of the land cool

ypzilanti:

There are Pro Jonathan posters who truly believe in the man. The numbers are dwindling by the day though. Read 'Jonathan's diminishing presidency' july 4, in punch last week....it is written by a former supporter.

I believe in GEJ, So what's your pain about that

ypzilanti:

It is the genuine GEJ supporters and critics that this post is aimed at. Not the paid hacks like you. Take a puff and pass.

Am a paid hack in support of GEJ, and you are a paid hack in the huge business of criticising GEJ . . .We are even grin . . .

The paid hack line is a losers line . .Stop being a loser and refrain from cheap shots cool . .
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Bella3(f): 10:21am On Jul 07, 2012
jmaine:

Mind explaining further cos am interested . .. . I still feel the increase in fuel prize jacked up the prize . . .The N20 prize range are for those zones, where sachet water were previously sold for N10 e.g the Eastern and South South axis
nafdac told all pure water makers to start using a beta chemical dat was more expensive than the former.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by ypzilanti: 10:23am On Jul 07, 2012
jmaine:

Am entitled to comment on any thread, especially on silly threads like this. . . .

What sinking ship, what insight do you have about nothing you know about . . .The Ship is setting sail to 2015 . . .and we don't need ediots running around unclad to spew junks on a daily basis . . .

Note : We shall be here till 2015 to create balance . . .You either live with it . .or stroll out of the land cool

I believe in GEJ, So what's your pain about that

Am a paid hack in support of GEJ, and you are a paid hack in the huge business of criticising GEJ . . .We are even grin . . .

The paid hack line is a losers line . .Stop being a loser and refrain from cheap shots cool . .

Of course you are still going to be here till 2015 and beyond. Even if there are bombs exploding around your living room as you type, you will still support the culpable regime. Your type were alive and well during the fight against the nazis, aparthied africa, racism in the south of USA. The only thing that will stop you from posting blind Pro GEJ posts is if the economy tanks to the point where you cannot pay your internet subscription.

Your type confirm what my statistics professor said : You can never get one million people to agree that the pope is a catholic.

I support GEJ the same way I support athletes at the special olympics. There's something in every goodhearted person that wants the guy with limited capabilities struggling against all odds to win.

A four year term is a sprint. There is no room for mistakes and no time to waste. Mistakes abound, and time has been wasted.

Soon they will roll out the drums and tell us of a grand master plan they have been working on for the last four years.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by pcicero(m): 10:24am On Jul 07, 2012
Ordinarily, I would not want to be called an Anti-Jonathan but he has let me down with some of his actions/inactions since he got his mandate.

However, for those who call themselves Pro-Jonathan, I wish to remind them that he is the GCFR and not a regional or clanish president. I respect him and wish him well as the C in C but all the goodwill he enjoyed (is enjoying) has not translated into good fortunes for me and Nigerians as a whole. A fact that most of you cannot deny.
Our man seems unprepared and incapable of steering the wheel of this nation. I can't imagine our president saying he was not the cause of our problems, but he promised to be the solution and we voted him in. So, I'll continue to hold him liable for breach of trust until he improves his performances.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by jmaine: 10:42am On Jul 07, 2012
ypzilanti:

Of course you are still going to be here till 2015 and beyond. Even if there are bombs exploding around your living room as you type, you will still support the culpable regime. Your type were alive and well during the fight against the nazis, aparthied africa, racism in the south of USA. The only thing that will stop you from posting blind Pro GEJ posts is if the economy tanks to the point where you cannot pay your internet subscription.

What you posted above is a weak shot and still hasn't change the fact that GEJ has till 2015 to ball . .Blind cynics such as your kind can't change that undisputable fact . .Not even the menacing haramites can change it . . .

So relax on that stead, lest you frustrate yourself unnecessarily

ypzilanti:
Your type confirm what my statistics professor said : You can never get one million people to agree that the pope is a catholic.

Congrats to your prof for being proven correct once in his life time . . .Kudos to both of you . . .

ypzilanti:

I support GEJ the same way I support athletes at the special olympics. There's something in every goodhearted person that wants the guy with limited capabilities struggling against all odds to win.

Your support should not in anyway define or validate my support system . .We are two seperate entities with innate abilities to differ in complex ways . .I must not reason the way you reason . . .

ypzilanti:

A four year term is a sprint. There is no room for mistakes and no time to waste. Mistakes abound, and time has been wasted. [/b]

A four year term is a marathon . . .He still has 3 freaking more years to go . . .so what's all this sinister hassles about . . .

ypzilanti:

Soon they will roll out the drums and tell us of a grand master plan they have been working on for the last four years.

In 2015, when the electioneering periods berths in . .You did be allowed to make the quote above . .Right now,your running cynically too fast. . . .
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by billante(m): 10:51am On Jul 07, 2012
Bélla3: nafdac told all pure water makers to start using a beta chemical dat was more expensive than the former.

Where they actually using chemical to produce water?? Is water not actually to be odorless tasteless colorless and chemicaless!!

Make they no posion person oo
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by jmaine: 10:54am On Jul 07, 2012
billante:

Where they actually using chemical to produce ?? Is water not actually to be odorless tasteless colorless and chemicaless!!

grin
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Bella3(f): 11:38am On Jul 07, 2012
billante:

Where they actually using chemical to produce water?? Is water not actually to be odorless tasteless colorless and chemicaless!!

they use chemicals to purify water. Even water board
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Beaf: 12:10pm On Jul 07, 2012
Everyday, we see new proof that good will always trump evil.
The mad ones on NL continue to publicly lose the battle with sanity; they are beginning to realise that stup!dity, lies and immoral behaviour are not substitutes for observable truth, reality and uprightness.

What truce? Stick it somewhere an[i]a[/i]l.

In the meantime, go tell people on threads like this one that their observations on the ground and in their houses are fake:
https://www.nairaland.com/983176/how-phcn-doing-area

Keep your bloody truce to yourselves, keep loving Farouks and El Rufai's.
The light never ever compromises itself with darkness. cool
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Beaf: 12:25pm On Jul 07, 2012
Lol! Imagine looking for a truce after so much mudslinging, telling so many lies and spraying so many insults?
You guys are already looking like real id!ots on the streets and on NL.

Winshes, please remain winshes. Very soon the jackals will have your souls.

No begging on the sly.
Keep your phucking truce.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Orikinla(m): 12:36pm On Jul 07, 2012

Thank you.
SECONDED.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by VoodooDoll(m): 12:47pm On Jul 07, 2012
Louis88: You are a prophet of doom,it won't work for you,your plan has failed.

If I'm a prophet of doom, GEJ is death's condom. GEJ is completely useless as a leader, hopeless as a man and pathetic as a tribal king.

GEJ does not have a single achievement he can point to since 1999, even now instead of doing one single thing he is setting up yahoo yahoo boys to invade the Internet and blogosphere with their foul manner.

The dead and dying during his regime will see that justice prevails and their deaths are avenged.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by jmaine: 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2012
No matter how long, how much and how hard you convulse . . .GEJ is still the King,President and the Commander in Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria . . . . .

Must be so frustrating accepting this simple plain fact on a daily basis grin

You have 3 more solid years to keep ranting
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by duality(m): 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2012
all the issues raised by the poster have been there since 1999.and may be the same issues that need attention even after 2015 election. so relax. no one man can change nigeria. even if the poster is the president you will not be able to meet the expectations you demand from GEJ. for now Nigerian have married a wife.(gej) its irresponsible to say shes not beautiful.rather encourage her and make her beautiful coz you chose her and she's your wife. Nigerians chose GEJ above others therefor they should give him all the support and encouragement he needs criticize or hate him he will remain president until 2015. if he fails then Nigeria failed. IF he succeeds then nigeria succeeds.

but Nigerians Naturally hate their presidents.
OBJ: wicked man. killer. heartless. ugly. etc

Yaradua: too slow. slowpoke. 7 point Agenda, never archived any. weak. sick. etc

Jona : slow. clueless. weak. transformation agenda yet no transformation up till now. etc

NEXT MAN: ......____....___
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by ubandire(m): 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2012
Are they tired of lying?they are now suing for truce?it will only come when u start preaching the truth,when u start saying things the way they are,when u stop collecting money in order to trend falsehood,when you start believing in the unity of Nigeria,when u start collaborating with govt in it's effort to battle the enemies of state,when u stop celebrating terrorists just to score cheap political points,when u say enough is enough to those who have placed their personal and selfish interests above the welfare of the entire country,when quit stopping at nothing to achieve political relevance,when u stop overheating the polity with ur fake and malicious rumours,until then no peace to the enemies of Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Mandelaguy(m): 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2012
@op,if there is going to be a truce,it has to be on certain terms.
ubandire: Are they tired of lying?they are now suing for truce?it will only come when u start preaching the truth,when u start saying things the way they are,when u stop collecting money in order to trend falsehood,when you start believing in the unity of Nigeria,when u start collaborating with govt in it's effort to battle the enemies of state,when u stop celebrating terrorists just to score cheap political points,when u say enough is enough to those who have placed their personal and selfish interests above the welfare of the entire country,when quit stopping at nothing to achieve political relevance,when u stop overheating the polity with ur fake and malicious rumours,until then no peace to the enemies of Nigeria!!!
this is just part of it,when the terms are completely set and included in your lists,then there will be peace,but the truth is that till people stop fighting growth and developmental strides,then we have no common grounds for truce.
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by manny4life(m): 9:15pm On Jul 07, 2012

Thank you.

How do you expect truce when almost everything you have written is just impossible given the time frame? All you have listed lacked the SMART goal competencies (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely).

1. I agree with this, however, how do you expect to prosecute the scam fellows in one year? You're not been realistic. Even in the U.S., the prosecution needs months to prepare his case, how much Nigeria where you corruption is entangled into one another? This is way impossible.

2. Good federal roads everywhere. Seriously? You have to measure each roads in all 36 states + the FCT, then divide by 365, that will give you how much roads to be constructed daily given you timeliness... embarassed embarassed embarassed

3. Professor Barth Nnaji has repeatedly stated that power reforms are in progress, please listen to the man. In addition to that, you should shed more light what kinds of short/long term improvements you seek in one year...smh

4. (I)This is somewhat laughable. 10% improvement in employment? Given the statistic (CIA world fact) that about 22.1% of the working age (18-65) is unemployed. Let's assume for a second that about 70% of 160 million Nigerians (112million) fit into this working age group, and 22.1% of this group is unemployed or 2.21% of the 112million, so you expect at least 2.47million Nigerians employed within one year? In what world does that happen? Are you for real? undecided undecided undecided

(II)In addition to my epistle, creating of job is absolutely NOT the responsibility of the FG, however, the enforcement of right policies is what create jobs. Therefore, while you're at it, hold your NASS Reps, Governors, and all municipal leaders for jobs as well. Creating of jobs involves all the inputs and not just the president and his team.

5. How can you measure security without no yard stick? Really? Dude, if you say curbing of BH menace, that's understandable. If you say decreased crime (theft, murders, etc), now you're talking but outright just saying it like that is plain vague.

6. Though I will agree on this part, but if you looked at the 2012 closely, most of the items belonging to capital expense, were more of long term categories than short run. While I stand by this 100%, it's highly improbable given the politics in Nigeria.

7. Reversal of capital expense of that ratio is even vague. The statutory allocation to NASS is a whopping 9%, go figure. In addition, our debt servicing, though recurring, is 11%. Therefore, the real recurring has been slashed to 52%. Now that we've set that aside, unfortunately, the president doesn't have FULL autonomy over the budget. If you want something slashed further, NOW IS THE TIME TO PETITION YOU NASS REP AHEAD OF THE 2013 BUDGET SHOWDOWN.

In other words, it's impossible to achieve ALL of these in one year even if we had the "PERFECT SYSTEM". How can you hold a man accountable for years of decay in the system. While I'm not exonerating GEJ, at the same time, EVERY LEADER in Nigeria has contributed, minutely or largely to what's destroying Nigeria. Holding one person accountable and expecting him to wave the magic wand and perform miracle is plain vague and forgive me (foo*lish).

Therefore, the moment you're true to yourself and acknowledge the challenges we all face, the better for you. There's a strong underlining bias AND prejudice towards this so-called truce; the goals aren't SMART, therefore, your goals are hereby REVOKED
Re: A Truce Between Pro And Anti Goodluck Jonathan On Nairaland by Beaf: 12:04am On Jul 08, 2012
ubandire: Are they tired of lying?they are now suing for truce?it will only come when u start preaching the truth,when u start saying things the way they are,when u stop collecting money in order to trend falsehood,when you start believing in the unity of Nigeria,when u start collaborating with govt in it's effort to battle the enemies of state,when u stop celebrating terrorists just to score cheap political points,when u say enough is enough to those who have placed their personal and selfish interests above the welfare of the entire country,when quit stopping at nothing to achieve political relevance,when u stop overheating the polity with ur fake and malicious rumours,until then no peace to the enemies of Nigeria!!!

Mandelaguy: @op,if there is going to be a truce,it has to be on certain terms. this is just part of it,when the terms are completely set and included in your lists,then there will be peace,but the truth is that till people stop fighting growth and developmental strides,then we have no common grounds for truce.

Exactly guys!
Imagine a truce with folk who have taken lying, hatred and subhuman behaviour to frightening levels!
It would be like a truce with Lucifer.

Most anti-GEJ people come across as sectional, bigoted, unintelligent, ill brought up and incredibly hateful.
However, there are a few genuinely sceptical guys who are above board in every way, these are guys that come across as impeccable in character, level headed, intelligent people whose love of Nigeria cannot be faulted. They have my full respect anyday; I'm talking about people like:

Haka nai (can't really call this guy anything, but neutral)
Ejine
HNosegbe
Bayoooooooooo
Worm
DivideUs

etc etc

jmaine: No matter how long, how much and how hard you convulse . . .GEJ is still the King,President and the Commander in Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria . . . . .

Must be so frustrating accepting this simple plain fact on a daily basis grin

You have 3 more solid years to keep ranting

Preach, bro! Preach! cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former Governor Of Benue Confirms Doyin Okupe Is A Crook! / Agagu's Body, Immediate Family Members In Crashed Associated Plane / CLEARED: Presidency’s Debt Mgt Office Gives Osun Clean Bill Of Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.