Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba (10229 Views)

Top 6 Most Beautiful University Campuses In Nigeria (photos) / Lecturers Promise To End Sexual Harassment & Extortion Of Students On Campuses / For Unizik, Imsu, Futo, Ansu, Unn, Esut, And Absu Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by donigspain(m): 7:52pm On Jul 07, 2012
Following the ongoing assessment and accreditation exercise by the NUC, both ESUT and ABSU satellite campuses located in Aba metropolis has been temporarily SHUTDOWN due to poor infrastructural facilities.

Source: NTA ABA NEWS
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by slap1(m): 12:36pm On Jul 08, 2012
Were the banks not working when NUC came visiting?

1 Like

Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by Orblonde: 12:40pm On Jul 08, 2012
Good news. This should make us impove standards.
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by sylve11: 12:46pm On Jul 08, 2012
Good! cool
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 08, 2012
hmmmmm. na to the shut down schools dis people knows how to do. what are they doing to contribute to the development of those schools

2 Likes

Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by Afam4eva(m): 1:04pm On Jul 08, 2012
gboss4sure: hmmmmm. na to the shut down schools dis people knows how to do. what are they doing to contribute to the development of those schools
They nare contributinmg to the development of unmiversities by regulating the systemn.

@topic
Nice one.
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by sheyguy: 1:06pm On Jul 08, 2012
Some public schools are less than jamb lesson, we just had two of them closed down when it is already long overdue. Anyway, good move.
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2012
Nice one.The idea of locating a campus outside the area of the original school is not helping us.e.g maulag campus in kaduna.their is usually the problem of quality.It rather be online
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by edlion57(m): 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2012
but der wouldt tell us wen der reopend it
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2012
after shutdown, what next
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by Ejine(m): 1:50pm On Jul 08, 2012
edlion57: but der wouldt tell us wen der reopend it

This post is a masterpiece!

3 Likes

Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by slimyem: 1:53pm On Jul 08, 2012
speak english please!
Haba!

3 Likes

Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by ebamma(m): 1:56pm On Jul 08, 2012
bad market
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by slimdiggi: 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2012
I can condone shoes,bags etc 4rm aba bt a university? NUC t.h.a.n.k y.o.u! undecided
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by pendusky(m): 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2012
What hapen b4 when they wer given licence? They didnt c d infrastructure? Am sure a new man is on the NUC steering, 1st it was University partime prog suspended, 2day ESUT and ABSU, 2MAROW wil be UNIABU and MAULAG grin

1 Like

Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by pendusky(m): 2:35pm On Jul 08, 2012
slimyem: speak english please!
Haba!
Lol
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by donigspain(m): 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2012
slimdiggi: I can condone shoes,bags etc 4rm aba bt a university? NUC t.h.a.n.k y.o.u! undecided
My bro, if u see the school u go cry a lagoon. Inside one dilapidated public secondary school. As devil wan punish, rain dey fall when NUC arrived. Kai, dem dey conduct lecture under an algae infested building with leaking roof, no doors and windows. To get a better picture of the institutions, one just have to imagine an ideal NIGERIAN government secondary school and you will understand the condition under which people were recieving lectures.

1 Like

Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by sapien(m): 3:06pm On Jul 08, 2012
Naija,I hail oooooo!
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by Niggmatic: 3:21pm On Jul 08, 2012
Finally, someone is justifying his/her salary! Good move.
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by jenti: 3:22pm On Jul 08, 2012
Inspite of all the shutdowns and crackdowns, no Nigerian University is among the first 500 ranked university in the world. The best we have is 33 in Africa. Shame

There is nothing wrong with Satellite campuses . Most American Universities operate Sattelite campuses. What we should be concerned with is the facilities and the staff strength at the satellite campus. It is wrong to concentrate everything about a University in one single area. Sometimes a University running Medicine may not have an upgradable Hospital in the vicinity of Main campus. Also there are quite a number of Arts ,Social Sciences and mnagement courses that can be run in Satellite campuses if the facilities are there.

Satellite Campuses provide even development .In a country like ours where every community wants to have a sense of belonging before they can supportt the institution, satellite campuses are inevitable
Sattelite campus create employment for University staff and reduce administrative pressures on Main campuses
Sattelite campuses enable more students to be admitted as the student population can be managed better

With over 20m candidates writing Jamb and less than 2m admitted annually, it is unreasonable to close down the existing ones simply because they are more than 20km from the Main Campus. Okojie and his men are still in the past. NUC is not foward looking. With GSM and Internet, there is nothing those at Satellite campuses need intellectually from the Main campus that cannot be assesed online in a foward looking University

Those institutions being closed down are often those who are not playing ball othewise let NUC publish the decisions of the accreditation panels that visited these universities and campuses. Were these Satellite campuses not accredited b4 Okogie came on-board. This man is only witch-hunting someinstitutions in his Black book. Have you ever heard any contrary report about BELL UNVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGYin Ota. And You will neva hear one as long as Okogie is in charge. Bell University of Technology is rated 56th in University rankings in Nigeria. Joseph Ayo babalola is rated 21st, yet according to Okogie and his men in NUC, Bells meets the standard and Joseph Ayo Babalola did not meet the standard. See http://www.4icu.org/ng/ for University rankings and judge if NUC had been fair
Okogie is working to destroy some private universities and God will expose him very soon

1 Like

Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by jenti: 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2012
donigspain:
My bro, if u see the school u go cry a lagoon. Inside one dilapidated public secondary school. As devil wan punish, rain dey fall when NUC arrived. Kai, dem dey conduct lecture under an algae infested building with leaking roof, no doors and windows. To get a better picture of the institutions, one just have to imagine an ideal NIGERIAN government secondary school and you will understand the condition under which people were recieving lectures.

You are a liar. Where is this school.Describe how to get there.
This guy is a staff/ surrogate of NUC
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by maybel(m): 3:25pm On Jul 08, 2012
Haba!
Thank u my brother. I had to use calculus to gather everything together.

1 Like

Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by Nosyke(m): 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2012
This looks like german language
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by Fairgodwin(m): 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2012
maybel: Thank u my brother. I had to use calculus to gather everything together.
Your exaggeration was simply superb. Got me laughing real hard. But the truth be sey, the guy no try at all.

1 Like

Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by donigspain(m): 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2012
jenti: You are a liar. Where is this school.Describe how to get there. This guy is a staff/ surrogate of NUC
Seriously, are you sure you're in your right senses? Why all these mis-channelled Aggression? I'll advise you channel it into boxing. For your information, I was born and bred in Aba and the said ESUT satellite campus is at Eziama High School. BTW, I hope you ain't trying to sound smart when you alleged me to be a staff of NUC because I'ld be happier if I am; NUC pays dude!!!
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by ndidibabe(f): 5:14pm On Jul 08, 2012
Haba!
Did he speak? Oversabi dey worry you!!
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by Kk4(m): 9:19pm On Jul 08, 2012
BH is bombing northern schools while NUC is shuttin down eastern schools. God save our school system
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 08, 2012
Is this the version of English we are using now or the one yet to be commissioned by GEJ in 2015 when the amount of half-baked graduates and undergraduates in Nigeria must have tripled? Please, this thing resembles broken German or even Russian. Its very far from English!
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by Ezira: 11:24pm On Jul 08, 2012
jenti: Inspite of all the shutdowns and crackdowns, no Nigerian University is among the first 500 ranked university in the world. The best we have is 33 in Africa. Shame

There is nothing wrong with Satellite campuses . Most American Universities operate Sattelite campuses. What we should be concerned with is the facilities and the staff strength at the satellite campus. It is wrong to concentrate everything about a University in one single area. Sometimes a University running Medicine may not have an upgradable Hospital in the vicinity of Main campus. Also there are quite a number of Arts ,Social Sciences and mnagement courses that can be run in Satellite campuses if the facilities are there.

Satellite Campuses provide even development .In a country like ours where every community wants to have a sense of belonging before they can supportt the institution, satellite campuses are inevitable
Sattelite campus create employment for University staff and reduce administrative pressures on Main campuses
Sattelite campuses enable more students to be admitted as the student population can be managed betterWith over 20m candidates writing Jamb and less than 2m admitted annually, it is unreasonable to close down the existing ones simply because they are more than 20km from the Main Campus. Okojie and his men are still in the past. NUC is not foward looking. With GSM and Internet, there is nothing those at Satellite campuses need intellectually from the Main campus that cannot be assesed online in a foward looking University
Those institutions being closed down are often those who are not playing ball othewise let NUC publish the decisions of the accreditation panels that visited these universities and campuses. Were these Satellite campuses not accredited b4 Okogie came on-board. This man is only witch-hunting someinstitutions in his Black book. Have you ever heard any contrary report about BELL UNVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGYin Ota. And You will neva hear one as long as Okogie is in charge. Bell University of Technology is rated 56th in University rankings in Nigeria. Joseph Ayo babalola is rated 21st, yet according to Okogie and his men in NUC, Bells meets the standard and Joseph Ayo Babalola did not meet the standard. See http://www.4icu.org/ng/ for University rankings and judge if NUC had been fair
Okogie is working to destroy some private universities and God will expose him very soon
My dear Jenti, talk is cheap. The best way to change a system in rot is to lead the change yourself. From your propositions, I understand you are a stake-holder. To criticize is so easy in this part of the world. You keep calling Prof. Okojie when you know accreditation is done by professors like you who are not NUC staff based on BMAS (benchmark minimum academic standard). Their technical report can't be changed because it is always an open document. All NUC does is to release the result submitted by these experts from various universities.
Also note that there are two types of accreditation, full and interim. If a programme is fully accredited, it would be revalidated every five years. This is why some accredited courses may be denied accreditation after sometime if the quality had reduced over time. When interim accreditation is granted, this means that about 60 per cent of all the requirements are met, the panel will point out areas not met to the university who would be given 3 years to put everything in order or be denied accreditation.
You talked about satellite campuses. Let me tell you that what is seen in these satellites can make someone cry. No facilities, no qualified teaching staff, they use secondary school teachers who just give areas of concentration and conduct exams based on that. You goofed when you mentioned America as having satellite campuses. What you have is open and distance learning which most Nigerian VCs have refused to embrace because they are not interested in long term plans. That said, there are six recognized dual mode universities in Nigeria (MAULAG,OAU,UNIBADAN,UNIABUJA,UNIMAID and Modibbu Adama UT Yola). These universities established Distance Learning Centres and use the ODL mode. There is also a unimode ODL university (the NOUN) whose 30 programmes have just been accredited. You can see there is no need having satellite campuses more 20km from main campus who use phones and other gadget as you mentioned to communicate with their students. Satellite campuses are no longer in vogue as it is very expensive to get academics to travel for six hours just 2 deliver a lecture, hence the prevalent use of non-qualified tutors for these satellite campuses. This is in no way ambiguous save that some people enjoy cutting corners, replace satellite campus system with the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode. By this more people will be admitted and quality will be maintained. NOUN is set to admit 500,000 students which is more than ten times the figure a conventional university can admit. Their certificate is at par with the conventional face-to-face mode. You can see the problem is not NUC but VCs who mostly seem to be interested in quick profit. Access and quality remain a major task to behold. Reduce Jamb cut off mark and admit more people, you will be accused of reducing quality. Suspend programmes on account of quality, you will be accused of denying Nigerians access to education. Me thinks, quality should supersede access when there is controversy if we must get it right.
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by Ezira: 12:01am On Jul 09, 2012
jenti:

You are a liar. Where is this school.Describe how to get there.
This guy is a staff/ surrogate of NUC
Jenti, there is no point being nervous. I'm a NUC staff and can confirm it to be the truth. I've visited virtually all satellite campuses in Nigeria. We tend to only accept the truth when it does not affect us in this country. You sound like the proverbial student who would always tell his father 'he gave me an F' when he scored F and 'I made an A' when he scored A
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by rhymz(m): 7:34am On Jul 09, 2012
Ezira:
Jenti, there is no point being nervous. I'm a NUC staff and can confirm it to be the truth. I've visited virtually all satellite campuses in Nigeria. We tend to only accept the truth when it does not affect in this country. You sound like the proverbial student who would always tell his father 'he gave me an F' when he scored F and 'I made an A' when he scored A
Brother thank you very much for this wonderful explanation. Mr Jenti obviously is taking the matter personal and running off with this misconception that NUC chairman has an axe to grind with the owner of LEEDS CITY University that is why the school was in the list of Universities whose licences were ceased, very preposterous claim cos they were not the only school in the list.
Nigerians should learn to comment with facts and not hear-say or rumours.
Re: NUC Shuts Down ESUT And ABSU Satellite Campuses In Aba by slimyem: 8:02am On Jul 09, 2012
ndidibabe: Did he speak? Oversabi dey worry you!!
the one who the post was directed to got the point...
If you don't,bounce abeg!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls, Help With Unilag Or Lasu Part-time Entry Requirement / Federal Polytechnic Offa 2nd Batch Is Out / Uniport Set To Re-open On The 19th Of June.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.