Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians (22167 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by PastorKun(m): 2:58pm On Jul 08, 2012
No wonder we are not making good progress in this country.When preachers who should be the salt of the earth are neck deep in the system of the world.

6 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 08, 2012
Its called the Harlot church PastorKun.

I have totally lost faith in all these denominations, we go to an inter-denominational church , but are careful to examine everything with scripture.

70% of what we call church in Nigeria is simply playing games with religion.

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2012
Amazing.... thank God this wasnt posted by an atheist...

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by PastorKun(m): 4:41pm On Jul 08, 2012
musKeeto: Amazing.... thank God this wasnt posted by an atheist...

Fighting the rot in the church has nothing to do with atheism. True christians know that there is a lot wrong with the way the christian religion is preached and practised today in several churches. infact it is this false teachingsand practises that are pushing the weak in faith into atheism. If we expose the false teachings and practises in the church maybe we can convince the skeptics that the true christian faith is not what some charlatans have made it to be.

10 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by nijanigga: 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Fighting the rot in the church has nothing to do with atheism. True christians know that there is a lot wrong with the way the christian religion is preached and practised today in several churches. infact it is this false teachingsand practises that are pushing the weak in faith into atheism. If we expose the false teachings and practises in the church maybe we can convince the skeptics that the true christian faith is not what some charlatans have made it to be.
Like Bishop Oyedepo will call himself man of God or other so called men of God running to Aso rock to receive thier own national cake and failed to admonish GEJ to stop the lootings.The bible says ,let your yea be yea.But Nigerian pastors said they are more diplomatic.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by KemiAdeyeye: 5:39pm On Jul 08, 2012
u cant stop false preacher. People should only do one thing. Marry their bible that's al

3 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Lordave: 5:39pm On Jul 08, 2012
Hypocrisy
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by ACM10: 5:41pm On Jul 08, 2012
Absolutely similar! Both are in the business of ripping off common people.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by manugbo(m): 5:41pm On Jul 08, 2012
I THINK WE NEED TO MERGE CHURCHES
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by gooket(m): 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2012
But not all pastors.The angels of darkness behaves also like angels of light

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by ebamma(m): 5:51pm On Jul 08, 2012
church business is big business
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 08, 2012
And yet politicians and Pastors are the people we expect to bring the desired earthly and heavenly changes. Isnt it ironical ? Methinks politics is earthly rip-off instrument while religion is mental rip-off instrument.

3 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Moniekonceptz: 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2012
HypocRisy in d highest level...aff lost faith in all those churches.... God help us
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2012
pastors are simply politicians in religious garb. Both enslave the minds of the people with demagoguery.

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by dare2think: 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2012
The 'Touch not my anointed ' gangs will soon arrive!

Bloody douchbags!

2 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by nora544: 6:13pm On Jul 08, 2012
Francis from Assisi (this was a real man of god), heard a sermon that changed his life. The sermon was about Matthew Matthew 10:9, in which Christ tells his followers they should go forth and proclaim that the Kingdom of Heaven was upon them, that they should take no money with them, nor even a walking stick or shoes for the road. Francis was inspired to devote himself to a life of poverty.
Which Pastor in Nigeria live like that, they get richer and richer and when I see they take money from the poor people for what that they have a good live. Religion is a good business in Nigeria.

The Pastors are like the politicans they tell only stories that is all.

The people in nigeria should stop to go to church and sit at home on sunday and read the bible, because "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." (Matthew 28.20)

They could pray at home
And should stop to give money to the churches and this 419 Pastors.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by wandeay: 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2012
Monie konceptz: HypocRisy in d highest level...aff lost faith in all those churches.... God help us

Join Jehovah's Witnesses then
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by oladayo042: 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2012
The end of the days.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Beaf1: 6:31pm On Jul 08, 2012
This might be the reason why boko harems are blowing up these fake churches so you could stay away from them lipsrsealed
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by TBD(m): 6:32pm On Jul 08, 2012
@ johovah witness they are all birth of the same weathers. Every body know that church's now are days are nothings but revenue generating ventures, Hard earning money from people .
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 08, 2012
I'm just lost for words. But my opinion is, don't listen to any pastor or politician it's obvious that the word emblazoned on their forehead is ''selfish liars''.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by philip0906(m): 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2012
There r loads of fake doctors in town but does dat mean every doctor should be avoided or dat all doctors are now evil?
Its left 2 u 2 discern. . .we have pastors who preach the truth in this country e.g Pastor Kumuyi
nora544: Francis from Assisi (this was a real man of god), heard a sermon that changed his life. The sermon was about Matthew Matthew 10:9, in which Christ tells his followers they should go forth and proclaim that the Kingdom of Heaven was upon them, that they should take no money with them, nor even a walking stick or shoes for the road. Francis was inspired to devote himself to a life of poverty.
Which Pastor in Nigeria live like that, they get richer and richer and when I see they take money from the poor people for what that they have a good live. Religion is a good business in Nigeria.

The Pastors are like the politicans they tell only stories that is all.

The people in nigeria should stop to go to church and sit at home on sunday and read the bible, because "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." (Matthew 28.20)

They could pray at home
And should stop to give money to the churches and this 419 Pastors.
u r wrong on this man. . .d Psalmist said I am glad when they say we should go to the HOUSE OF THE LORD.
The coming 2gether as a group/church thing started right 4rm d days of Moses after they left Egypt when they gathered according 2 their tribes.
The books u want 2 read @ home including Corinthians,Philipians,Ephesians,Galatians(d epistles) where not written 2 believers sitted @ home.They were writen 2 churches and thats where d advent of "church" started. So don't misinterprete d Bible.

5 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by brownlord: 6:41pm On Jul 08, 2012
nijanigga:
Like Bishop Oyedepo will call himself man of God or other so called men of God running to Aso rock to receive thier own national cake and failed to admonish GEJ to stop the lootings.The bible says ,let your yea be yea.But Nigerian pastors said they are more diplomatic.

How come you know whats in the bible?, if i hear Oyedepo for your mouth i will give you a dirty slap, cos you think hes your GEJs mate abi

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by frankpessu(m): 6:41pm On Jul 08, 2012
Una 2 find fault 4 pastors, if al d pastors r fake, den na wu b d real man of God. Una wahala 2 much
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Degis(m): 6:51pm On Jul 08, 2012
Just another Pastor bashing thread started by another Pastor. Pastor Kun is just another publicity loving man, whose main job is to criticise other Men of God and also turn the scriptures upside down.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by tunapawizzy: 6:56pm On Jul 08, 2012
May God bless you o...as for me I have completely lost faith in men of God dt will tell me to help d needy while he flies a jet around n drives about inconvoys when people around dem can't afford to pay deir children's school fees in a public school. I will read my bible, pray to my good and use my tithe n offering to support td needy.

2 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Ninilowo(m): 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2012
Relligion is the opium od the peolpe. The heart of the heartless; the sense of the senseless; the only tool used by the capitalist to enslave the common man.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by hardywaltz(m): 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2012
Politicians hide behind immunity clause to perpetuate evil
Pastors - Touch not my anointed (all na immunity) to perpetuate their own evil.

2 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by sample042(m): 7:01pm On Jul 08, 2012
Those of u saying dat 9ja pastors are duping d poor masses in their midst, have u bn opportuned to watch d preaching of JOYCE MEYER, JOHN OLSTEN, T.B BLAKE (American based pastors)etc. If u have done so, i dnt think u have to depict 9ja pastors as fraudsters knowing fully well dat Nigerians are deeply mimicking, copying and importing western cultures to our fatherland(advent of technology). Dis advancement is also causing uproars in arabian countries and middle east nations(their females are demanding freedom). Let me not derail d thread. Dont rate me as a pastor defender cos i dont believe in pastors though i go to church, i also dnt blv in churches but i knw there's a GOD. Dat's my take.
Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Kelvin172(m): 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2012
Only God know the upright ones, don't follow d pastors attitude and stop worshipping the lord, only God can judge, and if they feel like looting members money on the last day we all will give accounts of all our deeds on earth.

3 Likes

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by sample042(m): 7:05pm On Jul 08, 2012
oladayo042: The end of the days.

...False prophets(pastors) has always existed even in ages past. Take note.

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Nigerian Pastors And Politicians by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2012
Come to Catholic Church y'all!!! Baptist, Anglican n Methodist are also better. Most of these yeye pentecostal churches are SERIOUS BUSINESS INVESTMENTS... Riding private jets off poor pple's mites. I tire o!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Valentines Day: When Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex / Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? / Olukoya Files Fresh N2bn Libel Suit Against Sowore, Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.