Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks (8654 Views)

Nine Nigerian Banks Make Top 1000 Global Banks List / Segun Agbaje's Performance As Guarantee Trust Bank (GTB) MD / 9 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1000 World Banks Ranking (2) (3) (4)

First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by mukina2: 8:29am On Jul 09, 2012
Seven Nigerian banks have been featured in a ranking of the Top 1000 banks in the world. The list is compiled by The Banker magazine, a publication of the Financial Times of London.

The seven Nigerian banks are Zenith Bank, First Bank, GTbank, Access Bank, United Bank for Africa, Fidelity bank, First City Monument Bank and Skye Bank.

The banks are ranked according to their tier 1 capital. According to this metric, Zenith Bank is the no. 1 Nigerian bank on the list with a tier 1 capital of $ 2.398 billion (Zenith is no.7 in Africa and #322 Worldwide). Zenith is followed closely by First Bank’s tier 1 capital of $ 2.262 billion (#2 in Nigeria, #8 in Africa and #338 worlwide). GTBank is third with a tier 1 capital of $ 1.478 billion (#3 in Nigeria, #11 in Africa and # 455 worldwide).
Access Bank’s tier 1 capital or shareholders’ funds is $1.054 billion (#4 in Nigeria, #15 in Africa and #541 worldwide).

UBA is the fifth largest bank in Nigeria, #16 in Africa and #563 worldwide. Fidelity takes position as the sixth biggest bank in Nigeria, #17 in Africa and #618 in the world while First City Monument Bank becomes the seventh largest bank in Nigeria, #22 in Africa and #710 in the world.

Bank of America emerged #1 on the global list with a tier 1 capital of $159.232 billion, JP Morgan was #2 with $150 billion. Four American and Four Chinese banks made the top ten list, with one British and Japanese Bank apiece also emerging.

Source
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by mkmyers45(m): 8:35am On Jul 09, 2012
Not So Bad but we are still a long way from being a true financial world powers....
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 09, 2012
The seven Nigerian banks are Zenith Bank, First Bank, GTbank, Access Bank, United Bank for Africa, Fidelity bank, First City Monument Bank and Skye Bank.

Five Yoruba banks and the other two from old western region. We are the best.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by mkyusuf: 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2012
smileyKudos to SLS

Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 09, 2012
What caught my attention was first 10 banks in the world: 4 Chinese Banks and 4 American banks, China is really doing great.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by solomon111(m): 5:18pm On Jul 09, 2012
looplat:

you are brain dead!
None of these banks belong to a yoruba man.
SMH.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by shizzle11(m): 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2012
looplat:

You're a f.o.o.l of the highest order
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by okeyxyz(m): 5:26pm On Jul 09, 2012
Does anybody know what these figures actually mean? who can financially interpret them and how they affect economic development, what sectors of the economy do these banks favour? do they actually impact on real popular economic growth or is it just oil companies, MTN & co, and multinationals? just giving a proper perspective before some people come and start posting "great nigeria!!", "giants of africa", "strong economy", blahblahblah...

Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Wislet(f): 5:26pm On Jul 09, 2012
looplat:

it is the likes of you that drag this nation backward.
You forgot to also mention it is only a particular group that invests in the banks.
Clap for yourself.

Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Ibadiarann(m): 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2012
looplat:

Guy, am disappointed in your comments.

Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by 76Naira(m): 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2012
They should try to do what the other top 1000 banks do in their economies;

Give out affordable loans.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Chaydee(m): 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2012
kudos to em! Just Like Alexa Rank grin grin grin
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by zumarock8(m): 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2012
looplat:

and here comes a fool.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by yyb14: 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2012
i think banking reforms embarkd upon by SLS has begun to yield results. carry go mallam more greases to ur elbows
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by ebamma(m): 5:40pm On Jul 09, 2012
Billyonaire: What caught my attention was first 10 banks in the world: 4 Chinese Banks and 4 American banks, China is really doing great.
chill man,this four chinese banks are state owned,while the american banks are owned by shareholders
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Revolva(m): 5:51pm On Jul 09, 2012
looplat:

Why do people like dis deserve to live if I had a gun I will blast his brain I hate tribalist bastards your papa.

So what will that do to you if yoruba banks make the list will it mak you rich or na d banks dey feed you mountain GOAT
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Mr9iceGuy(m): 5:51pm On Jul 09, 2012
At least no Ghana bank made the list. Hmmmmm one goodnews to nija.

Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:54pm On Jul 09, 2012
ebamma: chill man,this four chinese banks are state owned,while the american banks are owned by shareholders

Guess its hard for China to fully shed their Communist mentality! All the same, kudos to them...its not easy at all. But out of 1000 banks in the world, wonder which banks remain o!
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2012
@looplat.Enough has been said concerning your comment,but I will like to add to your injury in a polite way.What you just displayed promotes tribalism,and statements as such are made by unrefined fellows.@op,nice one.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by MuNeme(m): 6:21pm On Jul 09, 2012
The topic should read Zenith, Firstbank, GTB, 4 others.....not the other way round

Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by neyyo101: 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2012
wait pls, are u sure this ranking is correct?i stand to be corrected am still learning o,case study First bank and GTBank,1.check dia mkt value d difference is much.2.Gtbank always give out meaningful dividends compare to other naija banks.3.this capital package of a thing Which year is d assessement base on?4.i have little shares in both Gtbank and Firstbank,Gtbank is always doing well yearly compare to firstbank(i have all dia financial report from d past 3yrs).5. GTBank always give bonus on yearly bases... even d so called Zenith is not something one should venture into in terms of shares...I Neyyo totally disagree with this Naija banks ranking.thanks.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by kilimanjaro(m): 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2012
I've known long ago that ACCESS BANK is useless

Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by yyb14: 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2012
MuNeme: The topic should read Zenith, Firstbank, GTB, 4 others.....not the other way round
NO it should b zenith and 6 others........

Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by sansom1(m): 7:09pm On Jul 09, 2012
Gud 4 dem.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2012
kilimanjaro: I've known long ago that ACCESS BANK is useless
You're so wrong. It's one of the better banks in Nigeria.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by neosmyt(m): 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2012
first bank? Ewoo, hw come
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by kilimanjaro(m): 7:32pm On Jul 09, 2012
fresh_dude: You're so wrong. It's one of the better banks in Nigeria.
Blow it up
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by neyyo101: 7:34pm On Jul 09, 2012
neyyo101: wait pls, are u sure this ranking is correct?i stand to be corrected am still learning o,case study First bank and GTBank,1.check dia mkt value d difference is much.2.Gtbank always give out meaningful dividends compare to other naija banks.3.this capital package of a thing Which year is d assessement base on?4.i have little shares in both Gtbank and Firstbank,Gtbank is always doing well yearly compare to firstbank(i have all dia financial report from d past 3yrs).5. GTBank always give bonus on yearly bases... even d so called Zenith is not something one should venture into in terms of shares...I Neyyo totally disagree with this Naija banks ranking.thanks.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by efe22(m): 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2012
looplat:

Nigerians always different by way of their mentality (low)...in this case ETHNICITY.
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Deemic(m): 7:47pm On Jul 09, 2012
kilimanjaro: I've known long ago that ACCESS BANK is useless
supported
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by Deemic(m): 7:50pm On Jul 09, 2012
fresh_dude: You're so wrong. It's one of the better banks in Nigeria.
God forbid
Re: First Bank, GTB, Zenith ,4 Others Listed Among Top 1000 Banks by dappiedapzie(m): 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2012
yyb14:
NO it should b zenith and 6 others........
Whatever afterall we understood what he meant

How I Made Millions Within Months - A True Story / I Am Investing 1-10 Million Naira Every Month In Persons With Bright Ideas / LoadNG Automated Systems Official Nairaland Customer Support