Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! (3347 Views)

How To Start A Revolution In Nigeria: Enough Is Enough / Turai Coup D'etat: How Turai Yar’adua Seized Power / The Turai Coup D'etat: How Turai Yar’adua Seized Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by Patsey: 1:27pm On Jul 09, 2012
AT THE HEIGHT OF THE WORST OF MILITARY REGIMES IN THIS COUNTY, NIGERIA WASN'T AS BAD AS IT CURRENTLY STAND TODAY. IN THE LIGHT OF THE ONGOING, UNTAMED ACTIVITIES OF BOKO HARAM, PARTICULARLY IN PLATEAU STATE, MAY FELLOW NIGERIANS PLEASE JOIN ME HERE IN CALLING ON WELL-MEANING MEMBERS OF THE NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES TO PLOT AND HATCH A MILITARY COUP D'ETAT AND BAIL US ALL OUT OF THE HANDS OF BOKO HARAM, GEJ AND THE LEGIS-LOOTERS -- ALL WHOM SHOULD BE SUMMARILY EXECUTED IN THE JERRY RAWLINGS FASHION! THIS, AT THE MINUTE, IS THE ONLY WAY FORWARD FOR THIS COUNTRY.
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2012
You should be remanded in Yaba left......mumu

1 Like

Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by WilyWily5: 1:57pm On Jul 09, 2012
Patsey: AT THE HEIGHT OF THE WORST OF MILITARY REGIMES IN THIS COUNTY, NIGERIA WASN'T AS BAD AS IT CURRENTLY STAND TODAY. IN THE LIGHT OF THE ONGOING, UNTAMED ACTIVITIES OF BOKO HARAM, PARTICULARLY IN PLATEAU STATE, MAY FELLOW NIGERIANS PLEASE JOIN ME HERE IN CALLING ON WELL-MEANING MEMBERS OF THE NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES TO PLOT AND HATCH A MILITARY COUP D'ETAT AND BAIL US ALL OUT OF THE HANDS OF BOKO HARAM, GEJ AND THE LEGIS-LOOTERS -- ALL WHOM SHOULD BE SUMMARILY EXECUTED IN THE JERRY RAWLINGS FASHION! THIS, AT THE MINUTE, IS THE ONLY WAY FORWARD FOR THIS COUNTRY.
Are you a Yoruba
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2012
Patsey: AT THE HEIGHT OF THE WORST OF MILITARY REGIMES IN THIS COUNTY, NIGERIA WASN'T AS BAD AS IT CURRENTLY STAND TODAY. IN THE LIGHT OF THE ONGOING, UNTAMED ACTIVITIES OF BOKO HARAM, PARTICULARLY IN PLATEAU STATE, MAY FELLOW NIGERIANS PLEASE JOIN ME HERE IN CALLING ON WELL-MEANING MEMBERS OF THE NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES TO PLOT AND HATCH A MILITARY COUP D'ETAT AND BAIL US ALL OUT OF THE HANDS OF BOKO HARAM, GEJ AND THE LEGIS-LOOTERS -- ALL WHOM SHOULD BE SUMMARILY EXECUTED IN THE JERRY RAWLINGS FASHION! THIS, AT THE MINUTE, IS THE ONLY WAY FORWARD FOR THIS COUNTRY.

And who do you think a military government would benefit ?
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by joey4jo: 2:41pm On Jul 09, 2012
I don't see that happening, if it was going to happen it would have happend when gej was in brasil.
Besides, the military men we have now are not as smart and fearless as the ones of pre-democracy era.
To top it of, they have been poilshe with money! Making them less welcoming to the idea.
Its not a good regime, because people go suffer no be small. But its what we need to get on track, we need decipline put into us.

IMO

1 Like

Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by buJu234: 2:49pm On Jul 09, 2012
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2012

So, you want what happened in, I believe Mali, to happen in Nigeria, right?

Instead of you gathering your family to stand up for their rights, your idea is again to have some other group come in to do the work for you, and somehow make your life better without you getting directly involved ??
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by ebere1712: 5:50pm On Jul 09, 2012
Dream on dude. Not gonna happen. If it happens; prepare for full blown war.
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by 2mch(m): 5:56pm On Jul 09, 2012
Anything is welcome now. Even a lion sef is welcome. Things have just totally gone mad. For these politicians to be comfortable in all this madness, shows that we have a lot of psychopaths in government who do not care who lives or dies as long as they continue to steal. I actually wont mind. undecided

1 Like

Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by otokx(m): 6:01pm On Jul 09, 2012
Not yet, not ever.
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by hardbody: 8:15pm On Jul 14, 2012

U simply echoed my mind. It has often been said that the worst civillian regime is better than the best military dictatorship.much as this cliche might sound logical, I think it is simply an issue of semantics. At best, it represents the general rule. For every general rule, there is always an exception. Nigeria's case has become an exception to this rule. It has never been this bad and it will only get worse. Ghana made a u turn after the Rawlings bloody revolution, we can toe that line. As for war, military incursion need not necessarily lead to war, it wount in Nigeria at least. We need a robotic disciplinary regime to beat all back on track. Does anyone here remember Idiagbon/Buhari regime? With WAI et al? Nigeria almost then got it right, let's go back to that era. Many will be imprisoned many will die but the present and future generation will be the better for it. I have spoken.
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by onatisi(m): 8:57pm On Jul 14, 2012
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 14, 2012
The main thing to remember is that we should keep our nerve and remember that statistically, we are all at least 10,000 times more likely to perish in a car accident than to be victims of terrorism. Just because Boko Haram is always in the news does not mean they are the biggest danger we face.

1 Like

Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by dedeike: 10:04pm On Jul 14, 2012
Foolishness is written all over this topic. I'm sure the author may have been a toddler during the dark days of military rule otherwise he wouldn't have summoned the vertebrae to call for military rule. you think a military regime would condone all these your ignorant attacks on govt on Nairaland? Or you think a military rule would just chase away your nightmare Jonathan and allow your govs and house of assembly members stay. In a military rule, would you be talking about Edo elections and the free and fair manner by which the people are voting for an opposition party? You will just hear that one major Charles or colonel Adamu has been deployed to govern your state. How will that sound in the 21 st century?

Our problem is that we keep failing to place culpability where culpability lies in this new peculiar security challenge. Imagine a situation where a 15 year old kid carried out the suicide bombing in the central mosque yesterday at Borno. What could they have told that boy that would warrant him to take his life at that age? Imagine the indoctrination that the young boy would have been subjected by these mischief makers. Someone somewhere told the boy lies about Islam.

it is the duty of the Islamic clerics and monarchs to tell their subjects that Islam is a religion of peace and does not support the spilling of innocent blood. Have we ever wondered why we don't hear about this rubbish in more advanced and populous states like UAE and Indonesia. Dubai is a choice destination for tourism and trade. Yet it is a muslim state. No body goes to bomb tourists in the name of religion. We must reorientate these People. And the job is for northern leaders and Muslim clerics. Not Jonathan who is an "infidel" to them.

Unless you think GEJ to be a supernatural deity, I don't know how you expect him to safeguard a people who are intent on killing themselves and killing other people in the process.
Somebody told this boy to kill himself not minding the pains of missing family and friends. JTF wouldn't have stopped him. Soldiers wouldn't have ever contemplated the small little boy who just passed dorning a brocade and heading for jumat prayers is on a suicide mission.

The govt can only deploy forces on the streets, mount intelligence thru SSS, detonate bombs when necessary. But theres little or nothing they can do in stopping someone who has resolved to die for what someone convinced him of. The danger in always attacking GEJ after every attack is that we avoid cautioning the imams and leaders who have the capacity to reorientate these people. And gradually, they have turned their targets inwards against their own. While GEJ is still president and presiding over the rest of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by don33310(m): 10:08pm On Jul 14, 2012
2mch: Anything is welcome now. Even a lion sef is welcome. Things have just totally gone mad. For these politicians to be comfortable in all this madness, shows that we have a lot of psychopaths in government who do not care who lives or dies as long as they continue to steal. I actually wont mind. undecided
Very correct,supported.
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 15, 2012
Why not get youths to carry out sustained protests on the streets until government abandons corruption or resigns.

Military coups are not always guaranteed to give you a honest patriotic regime - remember we had to endure 8 years of Babangida, wreckless and criminal regime.

The youths should take power, appoint a proven non-corrupt person or a group of people who haven proven themselves to oversee free and fair elections.

1 Like

Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by Idokojimmy: 2:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
Military govt the world over is unconstitutional, it has no regards for equity, fairness, justice, morality, and human right. We remember the pains the military inflicted on us, the civil war and the tortuous journey to democracy. Now that we have gained freedom, any attempt to truncate this democracy must be violently rejected. A worst democratic admin is better than the best military govt. lets support our govt to make Naija a better place
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by Murphy7h4: 3:11pm On Jul 16, 2012
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:13pm On Jul 16, 2012
A big fat no to militocracy in nigeria, we don't need them.
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by Connoisseur(m): 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
I SUPPORT
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by ishmael(m): 7:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
hardbody:

U simply echoed my mind. It has often been said that the worst civillian regime is better than the best military dictatorship.much as this cliche might sound logical, I think it is simply an issue of semantics. At best, it represents the general rule. For every general rule, there is always an exception. Nigeria's case has become an exception to this rule. It has never been this bad and it will only get worse. Ghana made a u turn after the Rawlings bloody revolution, we can toe that line. As for war, military incursion need not necessarily lead to war, it wount in Nigeria at least. We need a robotic disciplinary regime to beat all back on track. Does anyone here remember Idiagbon/Buhari regime? With WAI et al? Nigeria almost then got it right, let's go back to that era. Many will be imprisoned many will die but the present and future generation will be the better for it. I have spoken.

Bro, i agree with u. Nigerian democracy is 666 in disguise.
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by ishmael(m): 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2012
hardbody:

Bro, i agree with u. Those who still believe in this Nigerian democracy need to go for psycho treatment or see TB Joshua for psycho healings. We really need changes, and if these changes can be brought about by the military then may it come to pass in Jesus' name. We can't wait for BH to kill all christains and southerners before we know that GEJ and co. are not capable of protecting the lives and properties of law abiding nigerians.
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by ishmael(m): 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2012
TheShopKeeper: A big fat no to militocracy in nigeria, we don't need them.
We need them now, and soonest because the north of nigeria is fast becoming like the north of Mali. Only the military can help nigerians because GEJ and co. are clueless on what to do.
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 16, 2012
Keep dreaming mofos.......cheesy cheesy cheesy
Up democracy!
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by faithin9ja: 8:30pm On Jul 16, 2012
Are these military people not Nigerians? not the military that cannot contain BH? Military that cannot protect our borders, the officers drinking in officer mess, they are any better than any of us?
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by ishmael(m): 9:53am On Jul 18, 2012
faithin9ja: Are these military people not Nigerians? not the military that cannot contain BH? Military that cannot protect our borders, the officers drinking in officer mess, they are any better than any of us?
They no longer have the time to sit and drink in the mess again because of BH. Most of them are out in the field for one operation or the other. I still believe the military guys are better and more intelligent than the bunch of clueless crooks ruling nigeria now.
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by faithin9ja: 10:05am On Jul 18, 2012
ishmael: They no longer have the time to sit and drink in the mess again because of BH. Most of them are out in the field for one operation or the other. I still believe the military guys are better and more intelligent than the bunch of clueless crooks ruling nigeria now.

Yeah, like the military people who don't even have simple patience to bey traffic rules. How is a military man better than any other Nigerian? Doesn't he has relatives and townspeople to 'settle' when he too gets 'a position' . Does going to NDA or JAJI make them any less corrupt? Are army officers today not making money from 'security budgets'. If I give you military contract now to supply Nigerian Army with soldiers boots, won't you be jumping for joy that you have recieved your blessing?

My point all Nigerians are suspectible to corruption, soldiers are no different from the rest of us, if anything they are worse because nobody can question them.

BH is strong today because past military governments developed our security services to arrest social commentators like Beko & Gani rather than protect the nation.
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by MurphyT1: 10:18am On Jul 18, 2012
@poster, I'm tempted to believe that u haven't experience any b4, so u just want have a feel of it...let mi help u, with military rule, the is no benefit in case u didn't no...no human right, a lot of laws to abide to by force, u can b arrested anytime even for something as flimsy as urinating by the rd side, and kept in prison for as long as donkey yrs..is dat the kind of life u want, letz always think twice b4 we make some utterances...letz try to strengthen our democracy, at all at all na him bad pass?.letz manage it the way it is, it can only get beta
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by soma042(m): 10:56am On Jul 18, 2012
go get a job full

Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by amdy08: 12:16pm On Jul 18, 2012
Mr poster,u think military takeover is a remedy ?i bet you are joking.that is the worst idea to think of at this moment.if you check the history of military rule in Nigeria,you will undastand what I mean.you atleast av a say naw.its unfortunate we are Goyn tru this challenges naw.
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by Murphy7h4: 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2012
Very nice!
Re: Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! by andrewza: 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2012
only those that have never seen the horror of wish for war

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Collateral Did Buhari Used In Obtaining 27m Loan From A Bank? / Over 20 APC Members Set To Decamp To PDP / Solution To The Biafra Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.