Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back (10487 Views)

CBN, Banks Set August 1 To Publish Serial Debtors’ List / CBN Orders Banks To Publish Names Of Debtors From End Of July / CBN To Publish Names Of Bank Debtors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Okijajuju1(m): 7:05pm On Jul 12, 2012
Jarus: Irunmu l'owo.

Somebody has answered correctly: zero collateral, moral hazard

When I lend money, I don't take any collateral because I believe one good turn deserves another.. Just because I'm ontop today, doesn't mean I won't be needing help tomorrow... However some niggas have no conscience..

How do I take a collateral from a friend who borrowed money in the name of business...
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by marvel10: 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2012
My opinion on this like other financial issues is parents don't teach their children how to manage money from young. The friends I know that manage credit meticulously are those who were raised with piggy banks, children saving accounts etc Even my accountant friends as tightfisted as they are, don't teach their children how to manage money. I think honouring contracts, terms and conditions of contracts should be taught at school.

That said, if you grow up with people who NEVER pay their PHCN bills and are always ready to bribe their way out of situations, would you take honouring any agreement seriously.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by donigspain(m): 7:11pm On Jul 12, 2012
@OP, this is exactly the predicament am in right now.
This dude came to me with a honey coated tongue and made me borrow him some money to pay back in 3 days. My people, this is already 5 weeks and the dude has not redeemed his pledge. He has suddenly become sly. I've asked him of it and he's telling me stories.
In my mind, his ultimatum expires this weekend because I'll visit him come next week with either bakassi boys or trouble-seeking soldiers.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by mrman2(m): 7:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
Always make sure you only give people money you can afford to forgo, just in case they don't pay back.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by feminineA: 7:16pm On Jul 12, 2012
I don't borrow people money. No matter who you are, sounds harsh but this saves me from lots of headache. If you need to borrow 100k and I feel I can part away with 10k without feeling it, I give you the 10k without asking you for it. If you pay back fine if not that's left for u and your conscience. I just register the money as a seed or bad debt in my mind cause I dislike repeating myself over money

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Freiburger(m): 7:19pm On Jul 12, 2012
feminine A: I don't borrow people money. No matter who you are, sounds harsh but this saves me from lots of headache. If you need to borrow 100k and I feel I can part away with 10k without feeling it, I give you the 10k without asking you for it. If you pay back fine if not that's left for u and your conscience. I just register the money as a seed or bad debt in my mind cause I dislike repeating myself over money
Gbam.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Chaydee(m): 7:19pm On Jul 12, 2012
Abyjah: Y'all know sumfin, dis nigga borrowed money from me & when it was due to pay up, he stopped pickin ma kuls.
The money is not much, but I feel embittered and betrayed & only God knows wot imma do to that 4ka angry sad
P.s: Looking for where to get a gun
P.s.s: Any helpful information is welcomed
Contact Em Boko Boys, meet Col. Sambo Dasuki for deir phone no grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by touchplay(m): 7:24pm On Jul 12, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]nope nope nope....itz simply becos of INFLATION. In an inflated economy creditors are likely to lose while debtors gain @ the expense of their creditors.....
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
Personally i giv out any amnt i can afford to lose. This is because i dnt knw how to dsturb my debtors xpecially friends nd close acquantances. Feels aweful reminding them and dsappointed whn they dnt take d initiative in dscussin it or pretend to hav 4goten. Then again i find it difficult borrow or buy in credit. Feels uncomfortable till i pay. Bought airtime frm a customer in credit last friday cos i 4gt my wallet in d trouser i wore d previous day to d office whn i wz rushing to meet up wit my staff bus. I felt uncomfortable d entire day that i had to get to my bank & make withdrawal dat day. The lady was like how come did u return home nd fetch ur wallet. And i wz like u wont understand. That's one of d numerous instances i hav startled my creditors wit pre-mature payment.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by DAY12(m): 7:26pm On Jul 12, 2012
dayokanu: To borrow dey sweet to pay back na the wahala

I have a friend who borrowed 2500 dollars last year Easter and hasn't paid a dime back till today last week he now called me for another 300 dollar loan. Imagine

Yaayyyyy! Egbon, u don turn to maga, anyway borrow me sef 100bucks, I go pay back next yr walarhi.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by declem(m): 7:26pm On Jul 12, 2012
Jst last 2wks,a guy frm my area called me 2borow him 15k,n d nxt day is d guy weding.he asure me dat he wil give me d money..i gav him d money because i knw dey spray dem money..hmmm!do u knw i didnt get my money as am typin dis message...
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by dayokanu(m): 7:27pm On Jul 12, 2012
Billyonaire: And you call him a friend ? He is a parasite, believe me, the moment that guy is on bucks he wont even call you his friend.

He is my friends elder bro and my senior in high sch
I borrowed him last year because his wife and kid were relocating to US from Naija and they had nowhere to stay as he was in school and squatting with friends

He promised to be Paying 200 per month when he graduates but after grad he rather bought a car but never did anything about my own loan. Last week he said his wifes mom who came for omugwo needed money to extend her return ticket

Of course I declined
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2012
dayokanu:

He is my friends elder bro and my senior in high sch
I borrowed him last year because his wife and kid were relocating to US from Naija and they had nowhere to stay as he was in school and squatting with friends

He promised to be Paying 200 per month when he graduates but after grad he rather bought a car but never did anything about my own loan. Last week he said his wifes mom who came for omugwo needed money to extend her return ticket

Of course I declined
Obviously life will be difficult for him, Its either he is shameless elder brother of your friend or his history does not allow him to get help anyway because of the chronic debtor mentality. If he had anywhere else to go for a loan he would not have come to you based on past misdeed. Stay away from him.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Trinity101(m): 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2012
Abyjah: Y'all know sumfin, dis nigga borrowed money from me & when it was due to pay up, he stopped pickin ma kuls.
The money is not much, but I feel embittered and betrayed & only God knows wot imma do to that 4ka angry sad
P.s: Looking for where to get a gun
P.s.s: Any helpful information is welcomed
cum borrow mine
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by tollu: 7:46pm On Jul 12, 2012
angry
Shameless lot.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by babatty(m): 7:48pm On Jul 12, 2012
Isokay, claiming to b wise
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Gentleboby: 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2012
That was the root of economy wahala today no trust any more.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by TeemahFashion(f): 7:55pm On Jul 12, 2012
It's really annoying. When i am in debt, my mind wldn't be at rest until i offset dat debt as soon as i get d money even b4 d due date. I lent a cousin 10k during my service year and dat was around May 2011, she paid 5k around Nov and up till date she's yet to pay the balance, there was another family member i lent 27k, dat was around Dec telling me she needed the money to add to her bussiness for dec period, she paid 10k around March due to my pressure and til date she's yet to pay the 17k bal too. Do u kno d funniest aspect, they are both working wh ile i'm yet to get a job. Isn't dat ridiculous. It's just a lesson for me anyways, money i can't let go i'd rather not give.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Azidogen2: 7:56pm On Jul 12, 2012
angry angry angry angryIt is because they are very, very wicked, heartless, lack conscience, selfish, unreasonable, fuckastic, barbaric, inhumane and DEMONIC!!! angry angry angry and the funniest thing is that they think they are wise, BEASTS!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 12, 2012
The five Cs of credit are:

-Character
-Capacity
-Capital
-Collateral
-Conditions

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
Only people who value their honour and integrity repay debts. I'd lend money to anyone at least once as I believe that the value of my relationship to you is what makes you pay back. If I'm only worth a few thousand to you so be it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by andyanders: 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2012
Okija_juju:

When I lend money, I don't take any collateral because I believe one good turn deserves another.. Just because I'm ontop today, doesn't mean I won't be needing help tomorrow... However some niggas have no conscience..

How do I take a collateral from a friend who borrowed money in the name of business...

This is off the topic here. Nobody asked you not to give money to your friend. The question here is (Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back).Some people are ,mean and wicked when they come with good intention and borrow money, they find it very difficult to refund the money. I had a bitter experience when a guy I do meet at my mechanic place and we got talking and on a particular day that we met at the mechanic workshop and he explained that he lost the mother and needed to travel and that he had no money. He needed just little money about 30k to get home first and that I will get the money back in a week's time, I took him to a nearby ATM to get 30k for him and to my greatest surprise, after 4 months he has failed to redeem his promise. I got disappointed in him. He never even called to appreciate my gesture rather, he is trying to avoid me.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by dayokanu(m): 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2012
Billyonaire: Obviously life will be difficult for him, Its either he is shameless elder brother of your friend or his history does not allow him to get help anyway because of the chronic debtor mentality. If he had anywhere else to go for a loan he would not have come to you based on past misdeed. Stay away from him.

Most people who are chronic borrowers its just simply that they are living beyond their means. not in all cases but 80% of the time.

That same person earning 1m per month would still find ways to borrow
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
All these peeps speaking against pple dat borrow...So if everybody is against borrowing without returning it who come dey do am? Are they ghosts? Anyway I'm very credit worthy... I dnt borrow what I cnt pay back...Cos I won't apprecia8 someone insulting me ova small cash.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2012
because dey wanna turn a new leaf....

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Abyjah: 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2012
Trinity101:
cum borrow mine
Wot type and how much? I just dey vex gan as I dey so, I no mind to kill dat guy twice. angry
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by qleap2all(m): 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2012
because Jesus christ has paid for the debts on the cross
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by mrperfect(m): 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2012
This is question yet answered.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Biodup: 9:31pm On Jul 12, 2012
Greediness and oda reason is dat most debtors want to pay bck when they have sufficient fund, forgeting dat they might never be suffiency b4 taking som decisions.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Rex123(m): 9:49pm On Jul 12, 2012
qleap2all: because Jesus christ has paid for the debts on the cross
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Trinity101(m): 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2012
Abyjah: Wot type and how much? I just dey vex gan as I dey so, I no mind to kill dat guy twice. angry
Ak 47. I'll give it to u free.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Abyjah: 10:08pm On Jul 12, 2012
Trinity101:
Ak 47. I'll give it to u free.
Hmmm, if oloopa catch me I go bring them come yo hauz shaaa wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Need To Fund My Opay Account / 3 Things Nobody Tells You About Digital Marketing / Five Million To Invest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.