Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe (6259 Views)

$620,000 Bribe: Trial Of Farouk Lawan And Emenalo Resumes Tuesday / IGP Receives $620,000 Subsidy Scam Video / The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by mukina2: 3:40pm On Jul 09, 2012
Details of what transpired at the hearing of Ethics and Privileges Committee of the House of Representatives probing the Farouk Lawan and Femi Otedola $620,000 bribery saga emerged at the weekend as a member, Ibrahim Bello, spoke on the incident.

Bello claimed that contrary to media reports, Otedola told the panel that he had no knowledge of the video evidence in circulation when he appeared before the committee last week.

Bello, who represents Igabi Federal Constituency of Kaduna State, told journalists in Abuja that despite Otedola’s refusal to respond to questions on allegations of bribery against Lawan, disowned any video of his alleged exchange of money and discussion with Lawan, the suspended chairman of the House Ad-hoc Committee on Fuel Subsidy Management.

Bello said: “He (Otedola) said that he did not give anybody any video of him giving Lawan bribe. He denied that. All he said was that he did not give anybody any video.”

He, however, insisted that the committee was on the right track in insisting that the hearing with Otedola be held in camera.

According to him, “we had this interactive session with Otedola last week and we insisted that he cannot decide how we do our job.

“When we asked him about the video-clip, Otedola told us to summon the media houses and ask them how they got it. He categorically denied the video-clip and said he never discussed anything with anybody. He is in our own record.

“ All Otedola said at the meeting was that Farouk Lawan lied four times and that’s all. What I am saying is on record and we have it. Nobody can come and bend our rules. We don’t have any business with Otedola. I asked Otedola before the chairman of the panel, who told him not to talk with us nor answer our questions? Apparently unknown to him, he was only a witness before us and we told him categorically that we have about 10 lawyers in the Ethics and Privileges Committee.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=91789:rep-claims-otedola-has-no-video-clip-on-620000-bribe&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by honeric01(m): 4:19pm On Jul 09, 2012
The sane and brilliant Nigerians already know this was a script to discredit the oil scam report and also to kill the "interest" of Nigerians in the report.

Nigerians, pls do not forget to pull your head out of the sands o when no one is watching..

1 Like

Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2012
ROTFLMA @ the level of confusion ravaging NA. . . . lmao.

Odetola 1 : Farouk 1

Their main goal; by the time they're done with this case, ordinary citizen won't be much interesting in its proceedings. Some sort of diversion from the real subsidy case hmmm
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by fankasibe: 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2012
It is now obvious that our leaders are trying hard to distract attension of the masses away from the original subsidy probe.
Very soon we won't hear of otedola and farouk's case any more.
I don suffer....

1 Like

Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by ifeci: 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2012
these guys are just fools! House of representaThieves!

2 Likes

Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2012
So they were inviting him initially just to prove facrook innocent, not in the interest of justice. Liars!!!! Every Nigerian had better find out who is their rep and start questioning them. This is just too diversionary and disgusting
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by alaoeri: 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2012
Its obvious that its a sting operation trying to rubbish the subsidy report using farouk as a scape goat. They don settle the matter behind close door now wanna wash farouk a*s*s in the public. Eediot set of legislooters.
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by Okijajuju1(m): 5:34pm On Jul 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Their main goal; by the time they're done with this case, ordinary citizen won't be much interesting in its proceedings. Some sort of diversion from the real subsidy case hmmm

I never thought a day would come when I would agree with you..

* Anyways.. I have always wonders what Otedolas video evidence would contain as it would have been very stupid of Farouk to meet Otedola in person at any point during that investigation/hearing..

* Its becoming apparent that the audio tapes were not a sting but just a one sided recording done by Otedole for 'Heaven knows what reason'..

* Without a doubt, Farouk is VERY VERY guilty and has suffered the most injuries in this epic fight.. No amount of hearing would change the fact that Farouk is a dirty dirty senator who took bribe and lied about it severally only to change his story at a later time.

* If indeed its found to be that Otedola does not have any corroborating video evidence, then this case is as good as dead and the ultimate winner would be Farouk because the law would come down heavily of Otedola..

Like my Ekiti State friend said, the new scores are; Farouk 1. vs Otedola 1.
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by ebamma(m): 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2012
i have only one word for our national assembly members and that is: God is watching u all

1 Like

Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by Delafruita(m): 5:46pm On Jul 09, 2012
i stated repeatedly the there was never a sting operation.i still dont accept that farouk is guilty,at least not till i see credible evidence
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 09, 2012
Of course at the end these same guys would sit down and do paddy-paddy. we all saw it coming though. anyways, thanks for entertaining us because we needed the humor in these sad times.

sick country, sick people.

1 Like

Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by Lebee4(m): 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2012
highlight for part 2.
Watchout for part 2 from tomorrow.
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by item1: 6:03pm On Jul 09, 2012
DEAR NIGERIANS,
THESE REPRESANTATIVES ARE REPRESENTING SOME PEOPLE IN SOME INDIVIDUAL CONSTITUENCIES, I THINK ITS TIME TO INVITE THESE PEOPLE BACK HOME AND CALL THEM BACK TO ORDER. WHAT IS WRONG WITH NIGERIANS, ONCE THEY CLIMB UP THERE THEY FORGET WHERE THEY ARE COMING FROM AND WHAT THEIR MANDATES ARE. WE SENT THESE PEOPLE TO GO AND REPRESENT US BECAUSE EVERY BODY CANNOT BE THERE AT THE SAME TIME. SO WHY ARE THEY RIDING EVERYBODY AS IF WE AL ARE SOME SORT OF BUNCH OF FOOLS. PLS LETS GET THESE PEOPLE BACK ON TRACK.

ENOUGH OF THESE JOKES
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by Farakay: 6:04pm On Jul 09, 2012
We all knw dat everything was a set-up but there is a video clip and am sure our president can get us 1 copy because he is in otedola's camp.
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by blancason: 6:11pm On Jul 09, 2012
Delafruita: i stated repeatedly the there was never a sting operation.i still dont accept that farouk is guilty,at least not till i see credible evidence

You are a very big F.O.O.L. u no get sense at all...just a waste of space and your parents resources...shioooo
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by idirect(m): 6:11pm On Jul 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

They all stole #2trillion,spending $620,000 to distract gullible nigerian won't be a hard thing to do
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by Wallie(m): 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2012
Don't know how you guys came to the conclusion that Otedola does not have any video on the bribe. All he said was that he did not leak the video or info on the video to anybody. He didn't disaffirm the existence of the video.

4 Likes

Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by VEGA(m): 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2012
Where then is the sting operation? I queried why it would be Otedola that would release an SSS sting tape. The head of SSS needs to inform Nigerians if they arranged any sting with Otedola.
I do not doubt for a moment that a tape exists whether Otedola admits it or not. This is because all them rich guys monitor their homes 24/7 on tape. This is not difficult. I suggest too that there is no marked dollars as in extra security markings, serially numbered may be but this is expected if they were mint from the bank. Please give the serial numbers and CBN would fill in the blanks.
The script is obviously not playing out well for both the House, Otedola and Lawan. I believe that if Nigerians yell loud enough like we did in the BA passenger issue, all these crooks will ask for out of court settlement with Nigerians and we go for all or nothing. Theories abound but the key actors who have the answers have not been compelled to save us from furthr theorising. NL as a more reliable free press should mobilise members, visitors, friends and Nigerians to demand answers so that the fuel subsidy probe report may not die!!!

1 Like

Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by fankasibe: 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2012
You can grab ur copy of the award winning movie (Farouk Vs Otedola season 2) in any political shop near you.....viewers political disgression is allow.
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by pek(m): 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2012
ebamma: i have only one word for our national assembly members and that is: God is watching u all
but that is a sentence!
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by Kobojunkie: 6:18pm On Jul 09, 2012
When this started last month, I said "Make we see the video". Today again, make we see the video already so we can move on to more important issues. Otedola, stop helping put progress on hold . . release the video make we all see am and make the Security people do their job, so we can all get back to the important issue, prosecuting all the fuel subsidy thieves.

1 Like

Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by currency10(m): 6:23pm On Jul 09, 2012
JOkER MARADONA, God will judge any body that beind nig down fall pple that make masses to surffered
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by bakila: 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2012
blancason:

You are a very big F.O.O.L. u no get sense at all...just a waste of space and your parents resources...shioooo
we know whose parent wasted money on him.
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by fankasibe: 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2012
This is why Nigeria can't progress, we always follow DEMOCRACY a law meant only for pot-belly politicians.....if i have the military power i should av killed otedola,farouk and any bastard involved.
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by bakila: 6:29pm On Jul 09, 2012
grin
pek: but that is a sentence!
grin
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by fankasibe: 6:31pm On Jul 09, 2012
that was a political WORD
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by gegee(m): 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2012
After dem don tell us say for the film lawan been dey put dollar for cap now then say no film I'd like to hear this from otedola himself
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by DSoj(m): 6:34pm On Jul 09, 2012
HahahahahahaoaoaooaoaoahohohohohohohohoohohoHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah

U wannna know why I'm laffing like a jackal? On dis same Nairaland..I said it repeatedly, dat we av not seen anything yet..I begged dat we just watch instead of jumping into conclusion dat there was "sting" dat Otedola was innocent and farouk guilty.. Dis is Nigeria..d country of maradonas...plotics and policies of wash wash...
But som pple won't listen...insulted me, cursed me.. de get sooo easily carried away by media reports and automatically become analysts and judges..

Even dis news sef, we neva see anything. Naija..hahahahahahahahhohohohohohohahahahahah

Otedola 1: Farouk 1...end of 1st Leg
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by gbadexy(m): 7:05pm On Jul 09, 2012
Should the topic read Reps claim otedola has no tape of the bribe scandal or otedola denied giving tape to the public.
You people don dey truly turn to Son newspaper
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 09, 2012
Otedola will soon upload the video on youtube. Watch out. I admire that dude for calling them ''hungry'' people.
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:34pm On Jul 09, 2012
“When we asked him about the video-clip, Otedola told us to summon the media houses and ask them how they got it. He categorically denied the video-clip and said he never discussed anything with anybody. He is in our own record.

There is something wrong about this statement. No media house have gotten any Video Clip. I think the question was about how the audio clip was gotten Or maybe the Honorable is just high.
That is why I always wanted a public hearing but these CROOKS won't agree so that they can bail their necks.
Re: Reps Claim Otedola Has No Video-clip On $620,000 Bribe by jmaine: 7:39pm On Jul 09, 2012
@ OP, Video tape or Audio tape undecided, cos the media was awash with the audio and not video . . .And also, saying he never released it to the media house is not the same as "I don't have such in my possession" . . . .

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Azazi End Of A Dream : The Real Story Behind His Sack / Pic: Students Caught Headmaster Having Sex With Female Maths Teacher / Who Will Ask Obasanjo To Shut Up? - Shehu Dikko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.