Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,171 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

What Is Fashola Doing About Education In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Fashola Doing About Education In Lagos (1037 Views)

PHCN: What Is Fashola Doing.. PHCN Invisible Pole (pics) / Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? / Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Fashola Doing About Education In Lagos by 2mch(m): 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2012
The state secondary schools are really a disgrace. WOW lipsrsealed. The teachers are even worse. We need Ekiti style treatment. This is absolutely unbelievable. I mean the Model Colleges and Grammar Schools. Looks like a breeding ground for criminals. lipsrsealed
Re: What Is Fashola Doing About Education In Lagos by asha80(m): 6:31pm On Jul 09, 2012
wo cares when there private schools everywhere?make your money and send your ward to a private school otherwise na mushin grammar school your child go enter
Re: What Is Fashola Doing About Education In Lagos by 2mch(m): 6:59pm On Jul 09, 2012
Who Cares? Well not everyone can afford private school. The state schools in Lagos used to be excellent. I think the government should invest in education and building up the system again. It is a problem we may feel convenient to avoid today, but tomorrow it becomes a problem when people keep failing WAEC, JAMB and co. Even so called private schools would have high failure rates, if the kids are not given expo to please parents paying N1m and above. So dont feel because you spend more the education is equal to having more quality. You will just have a dullard, expensive dullard. The whole education system needs to be revamped and regulated or given to missionaries. If the private schools were so good i wonder why federal colleges are more ranked than these so called private schools. Only 1% of Nigerians can afford private education. You better not become a politician. You have the mentality of a thief. grin
Re: What Is Fashola Doing About Education In Lagos by asha80(m): 9:08pm On Jul 09, 2012
nna no mind me.i just dey talk as i see for lagos and naija as a whole.it has become survival of the fittest.however concerning handing over schools to original owners some states like delta,anambra,ogun,imo,enugu have done that.i do not know about lagos though i feel the standards might no longer be the same before the government took them over.
Re: What Is Fashola Doing About Education In Lagos by 2mch(m): 9:27pm On Jul 09, 2012
No harm done. They need to just give up those schools to missionaries or have the teachers do test every few years. A lot of them need to be retired and the curriculum reassessed to meet today's standards. it looks so bad. Like a dirty market place. The teachers have no code of conduct. Just looks like a place everyone is going to chill, and stay idle. grin. More emphasis should be placed on providing quality education for the poor, so that we raise better people tomorrow. Give the private schools some correct competition. Fashola needs to do something. It is very bad. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Endorses Mimiko For Second Term / No Elaborate Independence Celebration Till 2014 – Jonathan / PHOTO- All Passengers Die In Delta State Mass Transit Bus Crash In Sapele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.